Gippsland › Latest news › Latrobe Local News
Latrobe City Council encourages community to connect through culture and recognise Cultural Diversity Week
Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to connect through culture this week to recognise Cultural Diversity Week.
Mayor of Latrobe City, Cr Kellie O'Callaghan said, "We are proud of our diverse community who make us who we are. Cultural Diversity Week is a chance to reflect and consider how we can work together to make Latrobe City a welcoming home for all. This is an important part of council's broader commitment to enable and welcome the ongoing contribution of people from culturally diverse backgrounds in enriching our community."
The Action Plan helps to raise awareness of the need to ensure Latrobe City keeps up with local demographics and other changing needs in our emerging communities
Eat it session
Cr O'Callaghan also said, "Latrobe City Council's Cultural Diversity Action Plan 2020-2024 aims to raise awareness of the need to ensure Latrobe City keeps up with local demographics and other changing needs in our community and our emerging communities."
A highlight of the week will be the Eat It! session hosted by the:
- Moe Library
- Saturday 26 March
- 12.30 to 2.30pm
The session is a chance for young people aged between 12 and 25 to enjoy a menu of food from across the world in a relaxed social environment. Hosted in partnership with the Centre for Multicultural Youth and Latrobe Youth Space, the lunch is free to participate with 50 places available. Bookings can be made via Eventbrite website.
Story time sessions
Latrobe City Libraries will also host special cultural diversity Week story time sessions during the week at the following times:
- Moe Library: Wednesdays and/or Fridays 11am
- Morwell Library: Tuesdays and/or Fridays 10.30am
- Traralgon Library: Tuesdays and/or Thursdays 10.30am
Latrobe leisure team members will be wearing a touch of orange on Harmony Day (21 March) and encouraging patrons to do the same in support of the day. More information and resources about cultural diversity in Latrobe City can be found on the council's cultural diversity page.
Pictures from Latrobe City Council Facebook page.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- Latrobe City Council calls on federal candidates to secure $3.25M to complete in Traralgon Flood Recovery Project
Latrobe City Council is calling on Federal candidates to invest in the Traralgon Flood Recovery Project across Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Glenview Park.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Latrobe City Council Aged Care and Services to undergo significant changes from July 2022
Council services will undergo significant changes across Latrobe City with council set to transfer the Aged Care and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People services to new providers in July 2022.
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Latrobe City Youth Council inviting new members for 2022
Latrobe City Youth Council is seeking new members for the 2022 term to build their leadership skills, make new connections and provide input into Council's decision making
- Latrobe City Council re-opens Cumberland Park kindergarten after negative results for COVID-19
Identified close contact resulted negative from COVID-19.
- Latrobe City Council calls for Victorian government to support for timber industry
Release of code of practice for timber industry that has been on a long delayed by the state government.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Latrobe City congradulates Harriet Shing Eastern Victoria MP becoming Minister for Water, Minister for Regional Development and Minister for Equality
Latrobe City Council welcomes the news of Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing MP announcement/appointment as Minister for Water, Minister for Regional Development and Minister for Equality.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce to be established to help minimise the effects of the closure of power stations
Latrobe City Council is acting now to minimise the significant effects of the closure of power stations upon the municipality in the future.
- Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Latrobe City Council is ready to partner with the new Labor Federal Government following the results of the Federal election over the weekend.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Latrobe City Business Chamber formed to bring together local valley businesses and industry groups
Latrobe City Council is supporting the creation of a single business association to strengthen the voice of the business community.
- Latrobe City to continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North outdoor pools
Latrobe City Council will continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North Outdoor Pools following a review of the 2020/21 season.
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Latrobe City major infrastructure and hard waste service expansion gets $40M through 2022/23 capital works program
Investment in major infrastructure and an expansion of hard waste services feature in Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Budget.
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- Community assurance in Latrobe City required as AGL Demerger dismissed
Latrobe City Council is calling for community certainty after AGL Energy revoked its demerger plan to split its generator and retailer arms into AGL Australia and Accel Energy.
- Latrobe City celebrates a range of fun over school holidays starting 24 June to 10 July 2022
From 24 June - 10 July, a range of fun, free and low-cost school holiday activities will be held across Latrobe City Council's libraries, leisure centres, early learning centres and creative venues through the Stay Local program.
- Latrobe City in Gippsland ready to host 2026 Commonwealth Games events and get economic and tourism boost
Premier's announcing Latrobe City as host city to the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Latrobe City Australia Day Awards 2022 to Dean Sutton, Bridie Byrne and Martin Dyt
Local legends, outstanding events and champion community services have been acknowledged at the 2022 Latrobe City Australia Day Awards ceremony, held on Sunday following COVID-19 related delays.
- Latrobe City joins celebration of National Reconciliation Week from 27 May to 3 June 2022
Be Brave and Make Change happen, Join us in the celebration this National Reconciliation Week.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce starts on plan to move away from traditional power generation and a reduced timber industry
Taskforce establishment to plan for the economic diversification and investment opportunirties.
- Latrobe City Stadium in Morwell to be upgraded in preparation to host events for 2026 Commonwealth Games
With Gippsland officially announced as one of four regional hubs for the 2026 Commonwealth Games, the Andrews Labor government is getting on with plans to deliver this global sporting event.
- Latrobe City reminding businesses they can still access help from being affected by COVID-19 pandemic
Programs that could help local business owners in improving their businesses.
- Latrobe City calls for input into storm and review of flood response to learn lessons for next time
Storm and flood clean-up program funded by the government to provide service to property owners affected by storm and flooding without any cost.
- Latrobe City preschool children support people living with Motor Neurone disease
Fund raising activity to support and raise awareness for the debilitating diseases, Frontotemporal Dementia and Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- Celebrate and shop locally in Latrobe CIty as part of Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 to 22 May 2022
Latrobe City Council is celebrating Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 - 22 May, encouraging the community to support small businesses by shopping local.
- Applications for Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee are open until 18 May 2022
Invitation for the community to send their expression of interest with regards to the Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee.
- Summer fun at Latrobe City libraries with Return Yourself to the Library and 'Big Summer Read' programs
Encouraging children not to just go back to the library but also to borrow and read books.
- Community feedback on 2022-23 budget submissions for Latrobe City Council closes soon
Community members are encouraged to have their say on Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Draft Budget before submissions close on Tuesday 3 May.
- Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation and Latrobe City Council to create opportunities for local aboriginal community
Program that will focus on creating employment opportunities for Aboriginal community members to reconnect with the Country and develop and share their skills and knowledge.
- Hard waste removal for Latrobe City starts Monday 4 April until 15 April 2022
Latrobe City Council's twice-yearly booked hard waste collection is set to start on Monday, 2 May.
- Robert Burns of Churchill promotes Latrobe City for 20 years as volunteer at local visitor information centre
Latrobe City Council has commemorated the contribution of a volunteer who has given 20 years of service.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery gets LED lighting upgrade of $71,724 investment through Victoria's Regional Collections Access Program
Latrobe City Council welcomes the Victorian government's $71,724 investment in LED lighting upgrades at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project gets $2.98M support from federal government and Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $2.98 million commitment to the Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project by Zero Degrees Rosella.
- East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council winning the Improving Planning Processes Award for their planning partnership
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have won a national award for their unique planning partnership.
- Help catalogue biodiversity in Latrobe City as part of Great Southern BioBlitz 2021
The hunt is on to catalogue and celebrate Latrobe City's biodiversity as the Great Southern BioBlitz 2021 blooms across the hemisphere.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital to host Mind Australia pop-up community mental health service and cater to Gippsland
Additional funding to support the mental health workforce for better and more accessible services as the Latrobe Regional Hospital to host one of the pop-up community mental health services.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Latrobe Valley Barramundi Farming by Opal and Mainstream at Maryvale Mill get $30M federal funding
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $30 million announcement for Opal and Mainstream's Latrobe Valley Aquaculture project at Maryvale Mill.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital gets $217M funding for its expansion through the Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA)
Latrobe Regional Hospital expansion means additional facilities that will give support to the region's increasing and complex health demands.
- Russell Northe calls for funding for Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium to become football centre of excellence
Call for government funding to utilise the sports entertainment centre and give good potential to help make Gippsland to become the football heartland.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Come sing with Latrobe Valley Community Choir and our new music director Dr Kevin Cameron
We are excited to be returning to in person rehearsals on Tuesday nights, with our new Music Director Dr Kevin Cameron
- Labertouche Community Hall gets lovingly restored through the Latrobe Valley Authority,s Community and Facility Fund
Labertouche Community Hall has been lovingly restored with a new roof, ceiling and floor, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Latrobe Regional Airport looking to take-off under plan that sets out a long-term framework for development
Council seeking expansion development opportunities for Latrobe Regional Airport that will help them support and grow the aviation operations.
- Community feedback is being sought by the council on pedestrian and cyclist safety in CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community input about pedestrian and cyclist safety concerns on roads within the CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery to hold exhibition for eight-metre wide painting reflecting iconic Hazelwood Power Station from 2 April to 10 July 2022
A new exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery (LRG) reflects on the role the iconic Hazelwood Power Station had in the lives of Latrobe City locals over several generations.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- Latrobe Valley Bus Lines to introduce electric busses as part of $20M three-year zero emissions trial
Latrobe Valley Bus Lines will introduce the first electric bus in 2022, which is expected to travel on nine existing bus routes across the Latrobe Valley.
- Bowls Victorian Open to be held in Latrobe City on 25 March to 2 April 2023
Bowls Victoria, together with Latrobe City Council, are incredibly excited to officially announce a landmark 5-year agreement for the staging of the Victorian Open, commencing March 2023.
- Latrobe Literary Festival at Traralgon Library with Hugh McGinlay & Esmerelda, Stephen Johnson and Vikki Petraitis from 17-28 May 2022
Bookmark the 17th through 28th of May for this year's mind-morphing Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery July 2021
Update on the Latrobe Regional Performing Arts series or activities.
- Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA) gets $7.5M additional funding via Victorian Ladder - Step Up program to create more jobs
The Andrews Labor government will keep helping create more jobs in the Latrobe Valley, with another $7.5 million investment in the Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA).
- Community feedback wanted on proposed sale of Hazelwood House in Churchill to Quantum Support Services by Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council is inviting community feedback on a proposal to sell Hazelwood House in Churchill.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery in Morwell plans large exhibition to celebrate 50th birthday
Exhibition to be held in celebrating Latrobe Regional Gallery's 50th birthday.
- Moe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Funding received from the government for changing areas at Apex Park.
- Latrobe Valley renewable energy Investment by Andrews Labor Government to reducing emissions and create jobs
The Andrews Labor Government is continuing to invest in renewable energy in the Latrobe Valley and beyond - reducing emissions and creating jobs.
- Latrobe Regional Performing Arts July 2021
Series of new events and performance at Latrobe Performing Arts Centre for the month of July.
- Latrobe Valley has four times higher drug crimes than Ballarat where a Drug Court is located but has not Drug Court itself says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has this week in Parliament questioned Premier Daniel Andrews on when a Magistrates Drug Court might be established in the Latrobe Valley.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery August 2021
50 Years: 50 Artists is a major exhibition to commemorate 50 years of Latrobe Regional Gallery from 4 September to 7 November
- Wellington Council increases grants amount for non-profit community groups up to $6,000 in latest round fro 2022
Wellington Shire Council has made changes to its grants programs to help not-for-profit community groups with rising costs and COVID-19 recovery, and to make the application process easier for volunteers.
- Latrobe Valley Jobs Fair in Morwell on 10 March to bring job seekers and employment providers together
Job seekers from across the Gippsland Employment Region will have the chance to chat to employers face to face when the Morrison Government's Latrobe Valley.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Latrobe Valley paper will continue to be sent by rail for export and distribution as key Gippsland freight service gets stimulus for Victorian government
Improvements on train tracks that will help ensure its daily runs.
- Latrobe Valley Ladder Step Up program celebrates fourth year getting young people engaged in education, training and employment
Over the past four years, Ladder program participants have achieved outstanding outcomes, re-engaged in education, employment, and training.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital expands Mobile Targeted Assertive Outreach mental health team
Government investment for services and support for young Victorians.
- Darren Chester says Latrobe Valley owed explanation from Dan Andrews on failed promise for 500 electric vehicle manufacturing jobs
Latrobe Valley community wants to know why members of the parliament refuse to participate in a local task force.
- Stars align in Latrobe Valley as Women's Big Bash Cricket featuring home-grown Nicole Faltum heads to Moe
The Big Bash summer of cricket will sizzle in the City of Latrobe with the Melbourne Stars to make their WBBL debut at Moe's Ted Summerton Oval on October 23 and 24.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Tilly's Dream and Churchill North Primary School in Latrobe City get $110,000 boost for child care services
Two childcare providers in the Latrobe Valley have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Wellington Shire Council seeks community feedback on draft 2022/23 budget
Wellington Shire Council today released its draft 2022/23 budget to the community for public feedback.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Community feedback wanted on draft of Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 Annual Budget
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community submissions in response to the recently published draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Long Term Infrastructure Plan, Council Plan Annual Review, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Gippsland and Latrobe Valley to benefit from federal Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs fund
The Federal Government's $1.2 billion hydrogen investment is set to boost economic activity and jobs in regional Australia.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Community consultation opens on 4 April 2022 on Baw Baw Shire Council draft asset plan
Council encouraging the community to get involved and send their feedback on the draft Asset Plan the plan.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts 2022/23 budget after acting on community feedback
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted its annual budget for 2022/23 which supports the delivery of over 100 community services and invests $41.78 million into community infrastructure, roads and open spaces.
- Darren Chester urges all government levels to fund redevelopment of Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging all levels of government to work together and fund the redevelopment of the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- Lower speeds reduce to 40 km/hr in Latrobe City CBD's to improve safety
Speed limits will be reduced to 40 kilometres per hour across the central business districts.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Great disappointment for Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor government state budget 2022/2023 budget says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe said the 2022/2023 state government Budget would be met with great disappointment by many within the Latrobe Valley.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- More jobs in Latrobe Valley as Govhub opens for business
GovHub to open and create more jobs in the community and support economic growth.
- Research underway to strengthen Greater Glider possum population in Latrobe CIty with $50,000 grant from Victorian government
A research project is underway to study and strengthen the population of the Greater Glider possum, the largest gliding mammal in Australia.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Community members needed to join workgroup for $30M Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
Community members are being sought out by the council and are needed to help guide design and delivery of a landmark precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Community led projects funded $590,000 across nearly twenty townships in Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 budget
17 community-requested projects across seven townships will be funded in council's new annual budget as a direct result of community submissions made during the budget consultation process.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to pursue enforcement options if any local laws breached by new wind turbine on private property near surf beach
Bass Coast Shire Council is aware of the Wind Turbine installed on private property in Surf Beach in recent days, the council also understands and share the community's concerns about the turbine.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Food relief across the Latrobe Valley funded $16,700 from Food Relief Financial Reserve
The Victorian Government is ensuring those who are doing it tough during the pandemic can continue putting a meal on the table, with funding to deliver food to Victorians who need it most.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- South Gippsland Council secures $55,000 extra funding from Minister for Water to develop the Integrated Water Management Plan
South Gippsland Shire Council has been successful in securing grant funding to develop an Integrated Water Management Plan for South Gippsland.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- Baw Baw Council Public Art Fund contributes $20,000 to complete Tanjil Bren mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
The new mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road was officially opened with a local community celebration on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- Bass Coast Council to promote Advocacy Priorities to candidates for Federal Election on Saturday 21 May 2022
Federal election set for Saturday, 21 May, Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to promote its advocacy priorities to all candidates.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Feedback wanted on Bass Coast Council Draft Asset Plan to achieve its objective aligning with community vision
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling for community feedback on its Draft Asset Plan that will end on Tuesday, 7 June.
- Morwell Centenary Rose Garden greatly improved by Friends of Garden with funding from Latrobe City Council and Advance Morwell
Morwell Centenary Rose Garden receiving and appreciating funding support from the council to complete the installation of permanent bricks edging around garden beds.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to share that the organisation has received national recognition in the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Glengarry community invited to discuss updates to flood overlays and drainage on 17 March 2022
In response to community interest, Latrobe City Council will hold a community open house session this week to discuss the proposed planning scheme Amendment C131.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- Community feedback wanted on draft 2022/23 budget for Bass Coast Shire Council seeks
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to release its Draft 2022/23 Budget for community consultation.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct wanted from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council seeking community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct, the opportunity is now open for four weeks, closing on Thursday 26 May 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Dedicated hospice facility in the Latrobe Valley back on the agenda with the help of Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has this week in parliament called upon the Health Minister and the Government to commit to establishing a dedicated hospice facility in the Latrobe Valley.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy from South Gippsland Council
Council seeks community feedback on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy to ensure South Gippslanders can afford a home.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Proposed community hub for Glenview Park in Traralgon supported by Darren Chester
Gippsland MP Darren Chester is supporting Latrobe City Council's proposal to establish a community hub and purpose built facility for local groups at Glenview Park in Traralgon.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Community feedback open on draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022/2030 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on the draft Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022 - 2030 to protect and sustain the region's natural environment.
- Coal mine rehabilitation made a priority for Latrobe Valley from Victorian government amendment to Mineral Resources Act
The Andrews Labor government is improving the management of coal mine land in the Latrobe Valley once production ceases.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Tracks and Trails Strategy from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council wants to hear from the community on the draft Tracks and Trails Strategy, which has now been released.
- Community feedback on proposed changes to governance rules for Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is looking for community feedback on proposed changes to its Governance Rules.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 May 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 25 May council meeting.
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Benetas appointed as aged care provider for both Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City starting 1 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's Home Support Program and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People are set to transition to new appointed providers in July 2022.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Community invited to attend forum on retaining wall requirements for Baw Baw Shire
Council is set to host a community forum to provide key stakeholders and the wider community with a better understanding of retaining wall requirements across the Shire.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Economic Development Strategy 2022 from East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council would like feedback on its economic strategy, which takes into consideration businesses working to bounce back from the economic hits of the past few years and establish the 'new normal' in the COVID-19 era.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Energy from waste facility for Masdar Tribe Australia in Latrobe Valley gets $48.2M from Morrison coalition Modern Manufacturing grant
The Morrison Government is investing $48.2 million in a state-of-the-art energy from waste facility in the Latrobe Valley, helping to power Opal's pulp and paper mill while driving down emissions.
- Community feedback wanted on Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates drainage works by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to investigate a potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Russell Northe argues for more funding projects in Latrobe Valley be included in Andrews Labor government Victorian 2022-23 budget
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe says he is hopeful of a number of projects in the Morwell electorate being funded through the state governments budget which is handed down next Tuesday 3 May.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Unlocking Rural Tourism Strategy 2022 by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback on its draft Unlocking Rural Tourism Strategy.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Maffra structure plan in Wellington Shire
Council is seeking community feedback for the Maffra structure plan.
- South Gippsland Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 15 June 2022
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Community invited to online briefing on Warragul and Drouin preferred neighbourhood character design guidelines
Online open community briefing will be held by the council to present councillors and the community with the draft design guidelines that are proposed to define overall township character and inform planning for future developments.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Community feedback wanted on reducing speed limit on Lynnes Road in Wattle Bank wanted by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing the speed limit on a section of Lynnes Road in Wattle Bank.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's minutes and agenda on their 22 June 2022 council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Community grants, drop-in sessions feedback and more from South Gippsland Shire Council
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Community feedback wanted on long-term strategic vision for Longwarry in Baw Baw Shire
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on a plan that will guide the future growth of Longwarry.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- More ambulances and paramedics for Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor government
More ambulances and paramedics for the Latrobe Valley to ensure locals get the best care.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Kellie O'Callaghan elected as Mayor and Dan Clancey as Deputy Mayor for Latrobe City Council in 2021/22
New Mayor and Deputy Mayor have been elected.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- Anglicare Victoria continues to supporting young people in Latrobe Valley stay away from crime via Youth Crime Prevention Grants program
Through the Andrews Labor Government Youth Crime Prevention Grants program (YCPG), Anglicare Victoria has been awarded $350,000 to continue helping young people find pathways away from offending.
- Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022
Applications are now open for individuals and not-for-profit sporting/community groups for funding through council's Community Sponsorship program for activities that support vibrant social and community outcomes.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Russell Northe questions Andrews Labor government Latrobe Valley transition plan as Loy Yang A set now to close from 2040
Member for Morwell Russell Northe questioned the state government as to why they have failed to develop a transition plan in response to the closure and future closure of power stations in the Latrobe Valley.
- Authors Heather Morris and Lorraine Smith to present at Latrobe City libraries
Latrobe City Libraries will host two author talks in February, including a return to in-person events.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- Traralgon South Recreation Reserve upgraded with $340,584 from the Latrobe Valley Authority and $312,202 from Latrobe City Council
After a brief construction adjournment, the courts are back in session at the Traralgon South Recreation Reserve.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 June 2022
Agendas and minutes of the Baw Baw Shire council meeting held 8 June 2022.
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- Community survey on the Great Southern Rail Trail - visitation and marketing plan
Have your say through the survey to help guide the council through the development of the Great Southern Rail Trail.
- Community feedback wanted on Communications and Engagement Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing its Communications and Engagement Strategy and wants to hear from the community.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- Community to feedback wanted on Urban Forest Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is developing an Urban Forest Strategy, to help ensure Bass Coast's 'urban forest' continues to thrive.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- Community invited to help with recovery committees at Devon North Public Hall on 4 April 2022
In response to severe weather events in June and October last year, Wellington Shire Council is inviting people to form community-led recovery committees in impacted areas of the municipality.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- Community invites to attend updates on major priorities for Victorian and federal government to support in Baw Baw Shire
All members of the Baw Baw Shire community are invited to attend or tune in to an open briefing on Wednesday 11 May which will provide an update on council's ongoing advocacy initiatives.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Turning projects and ideas through the Community Collaboration Program in Wellington Shire
Community is encouraged to share their ideas for community events, activities and projects.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Traralgon-Maffra road across Latrobe City and Wellington Shire
Major upgrades for road improvements and driver's safety.
- Community consultation starts for $2M Mallacoota streetscape upgrade
Community consultation to upgrade the Mallacoota streetscape.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Misinformation on Coal Creek Community Park Museum dispelled by South Gippsland Shire Council Mayor, Mohya Davies
Mayor Cr Davies dispels misinformation going around Coal Creek Park and Museum.
- Community consultation extended for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Extension community consultation period for the proposed road and drainage improvement program for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Community feedback sought on future industrial land use in Baw Baw Shire
All interested community members are encouraged to attend a community drop-in session to raise any questions and learn more about the project before providing feedback.
- Community feedback wanted on old Mallacoota Kindergarten building being demolished by Wellington Shire Council
With the new kindergarten in Mallacoota now operational, the time has come to decommission and demolish the old building it replaced.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- Local community shapes future plans for vacant land at Rollo Street in Yarragon
Council adopted the Rollo Street, Yarragon Masterplan, a planning document that will guide the future development of a vibrant, new community space.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Old Methodist Church in Traralgon found to be of local historic significance to Latrobe City by heritage assessment
A heritage assessment of Traralgon's Old Methodist Church has been received by council saying that it is found to be of local historic significance to Latrobe City.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- Federal government backs largest indoor Barramundi aquaculture farm at Latrobe Valley with $30M funding
The Latrobe Valley will become home to the world's largest indoor barramundi aquaculture farm with a $30 million boost from the federal government.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- Community sponsorship program for Baw Baw opening in July
Sponsorship and grants for community organisations to assist for the community development.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts annual 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council adopted the 2022-23 Budget at its council meeting on Tuesday, June 28.
- Baw Baw community has their questions answered by Mayor Danny Goss over live online Q&A
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire, Councillor Danny Goss hosted a live Facebook Q&A on Tuesday evening to cover all the hot topics our community cares about.
- Celebrating a million ways to be a woman online part of International Women's Day from Latrobe City Council
As part of International Women's Day, Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to join in celebrating the contribution of women across the municipality.
- Need for a Drug Court to be established Latrobe Valley highlighted by Russell Northe
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has again highlighted in State Parliament the need for a Drug Court to be established in the Latrobe Valley.
- Building of Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park has started
Construction on two of Bass Coast Shire Council's major projects has now officially started, the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- Sarsfield community ecstatic after Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce funds new community hall, playground and other infrastructure from Community Development Grants Program
The East Gippsland community of Sarsfield celebrates the announcement of receiving funds under the Community Development Grants Program to construct new infrastructures.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Traralgon flood recovery pop-up support for Latrobe City Council
Adjusting to life in the wake of disaster will be the subject of a free pop-up flood recovery session in Traralgon this month.
- Online climate change community portal launched by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's online climate change community portal has launched, providing locally relevant climate change information to the community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- Come to Cowes Cultural and Community Centre community drop-in information session
Information session for the community with regards of the cultural centre redevelopment.
- Northe calls for Gippsland hospice care facility in Latrobe Valley and proposed Hazelwood House in Churchill
Message from Mr Russell Northe MP to Gippsland Hospice Family to advocate for the consideration of a dedicated hospice for the region.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- Gippsland Community Leadership Program celebrates more than 25 years of developing regional leaders at Lardner Park
The Gippsland Community Leadership Program (GCLP) celebrated more than 25 years of developing regional leaders on Friday night at Lardner Park in the beautiful Baw Baw Shire.
- Community groups encouraged to apply for last round of bushfire recovery grants from Victoria's Community Facility funding
Applications for this final round of funding will close on June 30, so time is running out.
- Community feedback wanted for Warragul and Drouin residential design guidelines that will shape the future look of these towns
All residents are invited to help shape guidelines that will define the overall township character for future developments in Drouin and Warragul.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- East Gippsland gets $2M through Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile voice and data connectivity
The Federal Member for Gippsland has welcomed over $2 million of funding in this year's budget to improve connectivity in East Gippsland, in partnership with Telstra.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Sarsfield community shocked over being ruled ineligible for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
Heavily bushfire impacted community had its application for recovery funding under the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program denied without even being assessed.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- Baw Baw local arts, culture and events industry gets solid support by council 2022/23 budget
Council's Annual Budget delivers support for the local arts, culture and events industry to draw more visitors to the region and create vibrant and connected communities for the Shire.
- SEED Lakeside Community Garden creator Shae Wilson gets $59,500 federal grant to support social and emotional health
SEED Lakeside Community Garden in Sale will benefit from funding from the Federal Government.
- Croxon Ramsay architects appointed to design $30M community facility for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A tender to develop detailed designs for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct has been awarded by Council signalling another key step forward with the landmark project.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- Expressions of interest open for Baw Baw Shire Council advisory committees until 15 July 2022
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from community members looking to join three Advisory Committees to help inform and influence future council decisions.
- First advocacy strategy adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council after listening and working with local community
At the 29 June council meeting, council adopted its first Advocacy Strategy and a new Advocacy Priority Project List.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Sarsfield community victims of Black Summer bushfires warn people affected NSW and Queensland recent floods of long journey to recovery
Ineffective response to major flood events may lead to public discontent or loss of trust in the authorities or the state and national governments.
- Bellbird Park construction funded $4.1M from Baw Baw Shire Council and Victorian Government through Growing Suburbs Fund
The first sod has been turned at Bellbird Park to mark the commencement of works on a vibrant new multi-use pavilion and community events facility.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- East Gippsland community grants open for application to 5 August 2022
Community groups and organisations across the shire are being encouraged to consider applying in the latest round of East Gippsland Shire Council's Community Grants Program.
- Baw Baw creative arts community invited to paint murals for Bellbird Park Recreation Reserve and Drouin Senior Citizens Hall
Members of Baw Baw's creative arts community are invited to submit an expression of interest for the creation and installation of public art pieces that will enhance two community spaces in Drouin.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Free pair of glasses for 176 students across West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor Victorian government
One thousand more Victorian students can now see more clearly and concentrate better at school, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government's free Glasses for Kids program.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Cunninghame Arm community-driven project in Lakes Entrance boardwalk gets $5.8M federal government funding to make it work for all-abilities
Work to construct an all-abilities boardwalk and shared pathway around the shores of Cunninghame Arm in Lakes Entrance will start this year thanks to $5.8 million in federal government funding.
- Applications open for community grants of up to $10,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Announcement of application dates for the community development grants program.
- Heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield gets legal advice on eligibility for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
The heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield has received legal advice about its eligibility for the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- More alcohol and drug detox beds needed in Latrobe Valley says Russell Northe
Mr Northe indicated this had been a long running issue with many local individuals, families and service providers frustrated by the lack of services in a community that desperately needs detox beds.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Victorian businesses and community organisations can apply for $2,000 grants from COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government is helping businesses and the community breathe new life into local neighbourhoods as vaccination progressively delivers greater freedoms across the state from Friday.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- Darren Chester urges to new prime minister to visit Latrobe Valley and expands project funding
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has written to new Prime Minister Anthony Albanese regarding the funding of local projects which are critical to the future of the region.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Applications open for Community Cricket Program for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5M funding
Applications are open for the next round of the Community Cricket Program that will provide opportunities for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5 million to develop and upgrade cricket facilities across Victoria.
- Strengthening community safety in Moe with 35 new CCTV in CBD
Community members and businesses welcomed the installation of 35 new CCTV cameras in the Moe CBD Precinct.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Dean Sutton joins Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Gippsland Diversity Scholarship funded by AGL Loy Yang
Being his true self and developing his leadership skills was a battle growing up in a small country town and identifying as a gay man.
- Applications open for community groups to plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire
Funding is now available to help community groups plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- New Mallacoota Community Clubrooms a focal point for township
The new Mallacoota Community Clubrooms were officially opened on Sunday 11 July, providing a purpose-built facility and focal point for the community.
- Innovation centre boosts the Latrobe Valley economy
Innovation centre that helps in boosting the creation of jobs and the region's economy, supporting the development that is beneficial to the valley.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Attend Continyou event for free for conversations on community growth, resilience and inspiration at West Gippsland Arts Centre 21 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council to host two inspiring events to promote community resilience at West Gippsland Arts Centre on 21 June 2022.
- Drop-in sessions for 2022/23 community grants in South Gippsland Shire set to open from 1 July 2022
With Community Grants for 2022/23 opening on July 1, our Community Strengthening team is hitting the road to provide advice to the community.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations get Community Infrastructure Grant Program funding from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Upcoming Warragul and Drouin design guidelines community consultation sessions to be moved online
Council seeking the community's feedback for the Warragul and Drouin design guidelines.
- Wurruk development four-year strategic plan adopted by Wellington Shire Council to help address acute housing shortage
Council today took the first step to address Wellington's acute housing shortage, paving the way to facilitate the development of around 1600 new housing lots.
- Celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community at Volunteer recognition events hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community.
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy received $40,000 to connect carers from across Gippsland through formal and informal peer support programs
Local unpaid carers who selflessly support their loved ones will receive more support from the Victorian Government to help care for their own wellbeing.
- New Maryvale Mill Energy from Waste Facility will add local jobs from federal government's $48.2M investment through Modern Manufacturing Initiative program
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's commitment of $48.2 million to the energy from waste facility at the Maryvale Mill through the Modern Manufacturing Initiative.
- Opening of new multi-use pavilion at Apex Park in Traralgon by Chris Buckingham from Latrobe Valley Authority
It's peak season at one of Latrobe City's most utilised sporting venues following the opening of a new pavilion at Traralgon's Apex Park.
- Young people encouraged to join Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Wayne Casey Youth Scholarship Fund
Gippsland Community Leadership Program's (GCLP) 10 month long immersion program for emerging young regional leaders.
- New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Proud. That's the best way to describe the Tambo Crossing community at the official opening of their new multi-purpose facility last Friday afternoon.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- Sale Oval precinct opens after $1.6M redevelopment funded by Wellington Shire Council, Coalition government and John Leslie Foundation
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Sale Oval redevelopment today alongside Wellington Shire Councillor John Tatterson and community members.
- Moe Apex Park gets $60,000 lighting upgrades from Victorian Community Safety Infrastructure grant to improve surveillance and visibility
Families and community members can now feel safer while enjoying Moe's community parks, thanks to new lighting funded through the Andrews Labor Government's Community Crime Prevention Program.
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- Sea electric vehicle manufacturing plant for Latrobe Valley abandoned
State Government has finally confirmed that the proposed SEA Electric vehicle manufacturing plant.
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Applications open for Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations grants from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications are now open for up to $1,000 for Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Hawthorn and Box Hill Hawks work collaboratively with Bass Coast Shire Council to increase football participation for women
Hawthorn Football Club and Box Hill Hawks are proud to announce a new partnership with Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- Low indigenous vaccination rates risk widening the gap in Latrobe Valley and Gippsland
Vaccine hesitancy and testing hesitancy in Victoria's Indigenous communities' risks pushing people further into disadvantage under the Andrews Labor Government's plan to offer more freedoms to people who are fully-vaccinated.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- Free composting workshop at Seed Community Garden in Sale on 30 April 2022
A free composting workshop will be held at Seed Community Garden in Sale on Saturday 30 April.
- Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren get $60,000 each for community projects from Baw Baw Shire Council
Excitement is mounting in Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren after community-led projects received Baw Baw Shire Council endorsement at Wednesday night's meeting.
- Green light for Australia Day celebrations to go ahead in Latrobe City
Celebrations of culture, community and connectedness will go ahead on Australia Day at venues across Latrobe City.
- Independent MPs help Labor make it harder to own a home in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland
Independent MPs have joined with Labor MPs to pass a new housing tax.
- Official opening of Mallacoota community clubrooms by Darren Chester
Sport and recreational facility upgrade that will serve the community for years that also supports and boosts the community and the economy.
- Sarsfield and Ensay get $5.9M funding for additional community projects from the Black Summer bushfires program
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says two additional community projects worth $5.9 million will receive funding to support the ongoing recovery from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Tender awarded to Langden Constructions for community facility in Bellbird Park at Drouin
Works on a vibrant multi-use community facility at Drouin's Bellbird Park have achieved a key milestone with the tender awarded to Langden Constructions Pty Ltd and construction scheduled to begin.
- Kilcunda Skate and Play project gets $250,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council and Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council was excited to join Member for Bass Jordan Crugnale MP in Kilcunda today (Monday, 23 May), who announced $250,000 for the town's skate and play project, this is in addition to the $325,000 committed by council.
- Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay Project concept plans need community feedback from Bass Coast residents
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue its development of concept plans for the potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Businesses and employees participation wanted in 2022 Business and Industry Survey by Bass Coast Shire Council which is open until Monday 23 May
Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Business and Industry Survey is now open. We are calling on our 3,200 businesses, employing almost 11,000 people to participate in the survey.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Key plans adopted by South Gippsland Shire council and more
South Gippsland Council adopted key plans to help them shape up the shire, understanding and delivering community expectations and needs.
- Applications open for $2,500 to $20,000 grants so local organisations and community groups can join Queen's Jubilee tree planting program
Local organisations and community groups can apply to be a part of the Planting Trees for the Queen's Jubilee program.
- Andrew's Labor government wastes big advertising dollars ahead of looming City Loop shutdown and union strikes
Andrews government's misuse of taxpayers money, spending it to campaigns to make him look good instead of spending it on important infrastructures.
- Princes Highway through East Gippsland gets $3.6M upgrade to improve road safety and resilience
A $3.6 million upgrade to one of the worst sections of the Princes Highway will improve safety and resilience of the key transport link, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Free event for International Women's Day at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on 8 March 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council is hosting a free event for International Women's Day on Tuesday, 8 March at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Darren Chester writes to Minister Bridget McKenzie after Sarsfield community shockingly misses out on bushfire recovery funding
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has urged the government to intervene immediately and fix a "farcical situation" which has seen community-led bushfire recovery projects excluded from consideration for recovery grants.
- Bidfood Morwell new cold storage food distribution facility and LV Shade Sails expansion get Victorian government support
Latrobe City Council welcomes the Victorian government's support of 47 new jobs across Morwell and Traralgon through the Regional Jobs Fund.
- Third batch has $136,000 grants from Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism program to deliver support to creative and cultural sector
Morrison government's funding support for the creative and cultural sector through Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- Traralgon Recreation Reserve gets $2.75M for new facilities development as part of Victorian government 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council has welcomed the Victorian government's budget contribution of $2.75 million towards developing new facilities at Traralgon Recreation Reserve (TRR), which is a key component of council's Traralgon Flood Recovery Project.
- Glengarry Mechanics Institute officially re-opens after $557,074 refurbished funded by federal and Victorian governments
Latrobe City Council in partnership with Member for Gippsland Darren Chester MP, Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing MP and the Latrobe Valley Authority officially opened the refurbished Glengarry Mechanics Institute yesterday.
- Andrew Giles MP promises $10M to Stage two of Gippsland Logistics Precinct project ahead of federal election
Latrobe City Council has welcomed a $10 million election promise to progress the Gippsland Logistics Precinct from the Labor Party ahead of the Federal election.
- Kosciusko and Bank Street intersection in Traralgon to get vital safety upgrade as part of federal government's $300M commitment for 2022
Latrobe City Council is pleased Regional Roads Victoria will begin vital upgrades at key intersections along the Princes Highway this year.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Writing competition calls for fiction about Latrobe City
Writing competition that would that tells about the past, present and the people of the city.
- Planning resources and new initiatives for Baw Baw Shire gets $1.19M in council 2022/23 budget
Council's 2022/23 Annual Budget includes decisive steps to address these challenges, and These challenges are heightened by a COVID-impacted labour market and a shortage of skilled planners.
- Everyone to enjoy Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre in Traralgon regardless of ability or language with introduction of Access Key
Latrobe City Council delivers Access Key to customise accessibility to Gippsland Aquatic Centre (GRAC) in Traralgon
- Stallholders sought for Children's Expo for Latrobe City
An event inviting the stallholders to come and join the expo for the kids, with many services and activities for them to enjoy
- Forest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Council seeking for community feedback on Forest Park in Orbost project.
- Darren Chester encourages eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Mirboo North Pool reopens with updated facilities from $3.6M low interest loan from Community Sports Infrastructure Loans Victorian government scheme
Mirboo North's updated pool facilities are open in time for summer fun, thanks to a community sports loan from the Victorian Government.
- Baw Baw Shire gets nearly $3.6M from federal government Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed $3.5 million in Australian government funding that will see the completion of three significant community infrastructure projects across the Shire.
- Bass Coast Yoga Festival at Inverloch Community Hub on 7 - 8 May 2022
Yoga festival that combines a unique mix of Yoga and wellness in the seaside hamlet of Inverloch, a weekend of rejuvenation & reconnection comes to Inverloch.
- A new skate park for Rawson community in Baw Baw Shire
Rawson locals have come together to celebrate the official opening of their new skate park, backed by funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Major disruptions to Melbourne CBD and regional trains with the City Loop to close
Indefinite closure of Melbourne metro's City Loop Network will throw the CBD into chaos at a key moment in the city's recovery.
- Victoria's Agriculture Minister dismissive on looming Christmas supply disruptions from timber shortage
With the loss of jobs in small timber communities could result to Christmas grocery shortages with some supermarkets desperate for pallets, and this is what the Labor government needs to understand before releasing the native timber policy.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Myli and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance support proposed Culture and Connection Precinct
Momentum continues to build for the landmark precinct with local library organisation Myli (My Community Library) and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance affirming full support for the proposed $30 million Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Free public transport to revive Melbourne CBD from December to January 2022 says Property Council of Australia
Property Council of Australia joined the call for free public transport to drive the city's revitalisation.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Harriet Shing announces Longwarry and Thorpdale Recreation Reserves lighting upgrade funded by Baw Baw Council and State government
Local sporting clubs and community groups welcome the official completion of lighting upgrades at the Longwarry and Thorpdale recreation reserves with a ceremonial 'flick of the switch' celebration held at the Longwarry facility on Friday.
- Round two applications open to join Project Reference Group for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A second round of applications are now open for community members to join a Project Reference Group (PRG) for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Feedback wanted on replacement of Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park in Drouin with new expansive multi-use community facility
Council is seeking community input to identify potential future uses for Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park, Drouin as they determine the feasibility of its retention and the costs associated with its refurbishment.
- Keith Cook sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor
Keith Cook has been sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor with a ceremony held this afternoon in the Fountain Room of the West Gippsland Art Centre.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Facts on euthanasia of Walter the dog cleared up CEO of South Gippsland Shire Council Kerryn Ellis
A statement from South Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer, Kerryn Ellis.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Michael Whelan elected as Mayor and Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor for Bass Coast Shire Council in 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council has elected Cr Michael Whelan as Mayor and Cr Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor at its November Meeting.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- More than a hundred jobs to be cut from Agriculture Victoria reducing services to food and fibre industry by Andrews Labor government
As all Victorians continue to be impacted by food shortages and major disruptions to the food supply chain, Labor will axe 109 jobs from Agriculture Victoria this year.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Victoria risks losing its title as Australia's agriculture powerhouse as $500M wiped from food and fibre sector while NSW gains $1B
Victoria risks losing its crown as Australia's agriculture powerhouse according to new food and fibre export figures released this month.
- Project Reference Group appointed to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A project Reference Group (PRG) has been formally appointed by council to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Come meet AFL legend Eddie Betts at Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium Catterick Crescent in Traralgon on 28 June 2022
Latrobe City Libraries are excited to announce that AFL legend and anti-racism campaigner, Eddie Betts, is coming to Latrobe City to read from his children's books, sign autographs, answer questions and kick a footy around.
- Federal support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
The Coalition Government is bolstering support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- Russell Northe questions parliament over homeless crisis in Latrobe Valley
Mr Northe and his office had been contacted by countless people who were either homeless or at grave risk of homelessness with the situation seemingly more prevalent than ever right now.
- Local artists showcased their musical talents at the all-ages music event supported by Wellington Shire Youth Council and FReeZA crew Propellor
Local artists showcased their musical talents in front of a big crowd at the recent All-Ages Tour, which was organised and hosted by Wellington Shire Youth Council.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Nature Based Tourism forum for ecotourism revolution hosted by East Gippsland Council on 17 March 2022
Tourism is changing as travellers become increasingly aware of the impact they have on the places they visit.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will be facilitating 'chats' with its employees and the community, throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign, which starts today (25 November).
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Grants and sponsorships from $2,000 to $20,000 available for events, capital works, equipment and wellbeing projects
Community organisations will have the chance to garner funding support when round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grant and Sponsorship program opens on 31 January.
- Emergency services personnel denied COVID-19 vaccine priority in Latrobe Valley
Emergency services workers removed from vaccine priority list in Victoria by the Andrews Government.
- Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium expansion gets $1.25M early works underway from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus
An early works contract valued at $1.25 million has been awarded for the Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion to prepare the site for major construction.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre officially opened by Minister for Regional Development Mary-Anne Thomas as centerpiece of the $42M Latrobe Creative Precinct
The much-anticipated Gippsland Performing Arts Centre has opened its doors to the public, with the state-of-the-art space to become a drawcard for locals and visitors bringing top acts to the region.
- Feedback wanted by on draft Public Health and Wellbeing Plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community feedback, thoughts and suggestions on its draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- Darren Chester first in Lakes Entrance free 5km parkrun and encourages more people to join in so it never happens again
The Lakes Entrance parkrun takes place every Saturday from 8am at the rotunda on the esplanade.
- Flood study of Morwell and surrounds funded $26,000 through federal Risk and Resilience Grants Program
A flood study of Morwell and surrounding areas will be undertaken thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Airfield road in Traralgon to be made safer through federal 2021-22 black spot program
A popular Traralgon road will receive safety upgrades, thanks to the Federal Government.
- Gippsland Water draft Price Submission to the Essential Services Commission ready for community feedback sought in early July
More than 3,500 customers have helped shape Gippsland Water's plans and pricing for the next five years.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Andrews Labor Government provides more support service for LGBTIQ+ community in Morwell
The Andrews Labor Government is providing more support to LGBTIQ+ Victorians and their family in the Latrobe Valleywith new free counselling at Anglicare Victoria.
- Feedback sought on draft Smiths Beach town plan by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has developed the Draft Smiths Beach Town Plan, following extensive community engagement in 2020 and is now looking for feedback.
- Grantville Jetty to be renewed by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will renew the Grantville Jetty this month, to improve the safety of the structure which has deteriorated due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Celebrate Parks Week in Wellington Shire with stacks of events for children and families
Wellington Shire's popular parks and open spaces will host a jam-packed calendar of events to celebrate Parks Week from 5 to 13 March.
- Further $10 million allocation to upgrade and replace bridges in Australia through federal government's Bridges Renewal Program (BRP)
More bridges in Gippsland will be eligible to be replaced as part of the Federal Government's Bridges Renewal Program (BRP).
- Neerim District Health Service Aged Care Facility gets $5M funding for upgrade from federal Community Development Grants Program
Morrison government's commitment to redevelopment and upgrade of the Neerim District Health Service Aged Care facility.
- Permit fees for outdoor dining waived by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will waive permit fees for hundreds of hospitality venues to encourage more outdoor dining to help the region bounce back from pandemic lockdowns.
- Avoid tragedy over long weekend on Victorian waterways after two drownings last week
Ahead of the long weekend, we are encouraging people to stay safe to avoid tragedy in our waterways.
- Gippsland government schools can apply for state funded solar panels through Greener Government School Buildings program
Applications for the school solar panel system are now open.
- Over $14M invested into several key infrastructure projects for 2022/23 by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council's $41.78 million infrastructure budget for the year ahead, $14.32 million will be invested in progressing major strategic projects to build a more sustainable, connected and thriving future for Baw Baw Shire.
- Anthony Basford re-appointed as Chief Executive Officer for East Gippsland Shire Council
Council reappoints Anthony Basford as East Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer.
- Sandy Point Music Festival gets $28,367 for 2021/22 summer series through Live Music Australia federal program
The Morrison Government is supporting the return of live music, with Sandy Point Music sharing in more than $2.5 million, as part of round three of the Live Music Australia program.
- Glengarry Mechanics Institute gets upgraded hall suitable and accessible re-open with $397,474 federal funding secured by Darren Chester
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Glengarry Mechanics Institute today with Latrobe City Council Mayor Kellie O'Callaghan and Glengarry Mechanics Institute CoM President Alan McAuliffe.
- Feedback wanted on Environment Sustainability Strategy form East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council has released its draft Environment Sustainability Strategy 2022-2032 for community comment.
- Baw Baw Shire celebrates NAIDOC week with special events from 03 to 10 July 2022
From Sunday 3 July to Sunday 10 July, NAIDOC Week events are happening across Baw Baw Shire to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Reminder for beach goers to swim between the flags from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is urging everyone to be safe by the water this summer and to always swim between the red and yellow flags at a patrolled beach.
- Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve (TRRCR) transformed from barren paddock to historic gem in Latrobe City
Over the past 30 years the Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve (TRRCR) has been transformed from a barren grazing paddock forgotten by time into an historic gem of Latrobe City.
- Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has endorsed a strategy to deliver sustainable economic growth and a bright, thriving future for our region and its businesses.
- Michael Leaney elected as Mayor and Annemarie McCabe as Deputy Mayor for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Cr Michael Leaney, elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe, elected as Deputy Mayor.
- Kennedy family generously donate century old wooden sculpture to Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has gratefully accepted a carved wooden dingo sculpture generously donated by the Kennedy family, farmers and residents of the Shire for more than 100 years.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- East Gippsland to install 11 EV fast-charging stations with $400,000 from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland is about to roll out the first public electric vehicle (EV) fast-charging network for the region.
- New Men's Shed Workshop at Neerim Junction on digital technology funded $80,000 from Victorian government
Council has entered a community lease with Neerim District Community House and Men's Shed to develop a workshop facility located at the former Neerim Junction Tennis Courts, at 17 Court Rd, Neerim Junction.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- More outdoor trading over summer period to be encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will once again transform outdoor spaces to encourage more outdoor trading over the coming summer period.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- Avoid Lake Guyatt in Sale as blue-green algae in season urged by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council is urging the public to avoid coming into contact with the water in Lake Guyatt in Sale, due to a blue-green algae bloom.
- Russell Broadbent helps draw attention to staying safe and alive on farms through National Farm Safety Week
Agricultural injury and fatality report that happens to the farmers in the farm.
- Pet plan (Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021/25) adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has adopted its Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) 2021-25 at the October Council Meeting.
- Over fire prevention notices issued in Wellington Shire to clean up properties during the fire danger period in 2021/22
Council reminding the community and landowners to maintain their surroundings to a fire-safe condition during the fire danger period.
- Feedback wanted from families for local kindergarten providers and Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council and local kindergarten providers want to hear from families, to better understand kindergarten needs for the Shire into the future.
- Expression of Interest by local artist for Brighten up Baw Baw Mural Projects wanted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and collectives to deliver exciting and vibrant public art pieces at three pedestrian friendly locations in Baw Baw.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Health Advocate Jane Anderson re-appointed by state government to improve the health and wellbeing of people in Latrobe Valley
The Victorian Government is ensuring the right leadership is in place to improve the health and wellbeing of people in the Latrobe Valley.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Input from Jam Jerrup residents on possible road upgrade encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council wants to hear from property owners in Jam Jerrup, as part of a potential future road and drainage upgrade project.
- Easing of COVID-19 restrictions from midnight 22 April 2022 welcomed by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council has welcomed the State Government announcement that Covid-19 pandemic restrictions will be eased as of midnight tonight.
- Recycled road method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi being used by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is using an innovative method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi, between Broome Crescent and Stewart Street.
- Industrial land use strategy on existing and future supply adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the Bass Coast Industrial Land Study at its council meeting, held on Wednesday, 16 March.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Proposal to improve pedestrian safety at St Ita's Primary School to Regional Roads Victoria endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council proposed pedestrian school crossing at St. Ita's primary school.
- Youth-specific rehabilitation facility on Northern Avenue in Traralgon officially opened as part of Victorian Ice Action Plan
Latrobe Valley and Gippsland youth to get the alcohol and drugs rehabilitation support they need through Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA).
- New oval lighting for Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will install new oval lighting at the Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves over coming months.
- Morwell Foodbank hub at standstill after four years of promises from Andrews Labor government
Lack of updates and communications with the Latrobe Valley community with regards to the promised Morwell Foodbank Hub, community seeks more information about the Morwell Foodbank Hub
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Free Seniors Festival film and lunch event in Wonthaggi on 22 March 2022 hosted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council, in partnership with the Victorian Seniors Festival, is hosting a free Seniors Festival film and lunch event in Wonthaggi on Tuesday, 22 March.
- Bellbird Park soccer pitch gets $800,000 funding from Victorian government through Local Sports Infrastructure fund
Bellbird Park's main soccer pitch is set for redevelopment thanks to a $800,000 funding boost from the Victorian government's Local Sports Infrastructure Fund.
- Downies Bridge replacement in Traralgon South now complete funded through the Bridges Renewal Program
The replacement of Downies Bridge in Traralgon South is now complete.
- Delburn Wind Farm proposal seeks approval for 33 turbine wind energy facility in in the Strzelecki Ranges to south of Latrobe Valley
The Delburn Wind Farm Pty Ltd seeks approval to develop a 33-turbine wind energy facility located in south-east Victoria, in the Strzelecki Ranges, to the south of the Latrobe Valley.
- Some of Australia's most popular newspapers now available online through Wellington Shire libraries
People can read the newspapers from any library or at home with a library card.
- Detox your Home event to encourage Wonthaggi to dispose of unwanted household chemicals on 31 Oct 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council is encouraging the community to dispose of unwanted household chemicals at the Detox your Home event, coming to Wonthaggi on Sunday, 31 October.
- 'Buy local' for Australian Made Week and support our regional Victorian manufacturers
Renewed push to capture new opportunities in manufacturing and drive alternative career paths in regional Victoria as part of Australian Made Week this week.
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Civil engineering scholarship $10,000 grant for Federation University Gippsland campus from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council offering a $10,000 scholarship to a local student undertaking civil engineering studies at Federation University's Gippsland campus.
- Baw Baw Shire local roads network improvement gets $11.21M boost in funding for 2022/23 from council
Baw Baw Shire Council's budget investment for local roads improvement.
- Applications open for Youth Grants Program from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications for Bass Coast Shire Council's Youth Grants Program are now open.
- Feedback wanted on draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan by South Gippsland Council
South Gippsland Shire Council is keen to hear your feedback on the draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan.
- Feedback wanted on draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan by South Gippsland Council
South Gippsland Shire Council is keen to hear your feedback on the draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan.
- Sale RSL receives $120,000 improvement grant from federal government under Veteran and Community Grants program
The home of Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale is about to receive a new roof thanks to a $120,000 Federal Government grant.
- Hogget Kitchen and Walhalla Goldfields Railway to host winter feast on Sunday 3 July 2022 in partnership with Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with Hogget Kitchen and Walhalla Goldfields Railway to host a winter feast for the senses in Walhalla on Sunday 3 July.
- Summer swim season outdoor pool passes for Sale and Yarram extended to Easter Monday 18 April 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council has extended all summer swim season outdoor pool passes for use at Aqua Energy's indoor pools in Sale until Easter Monday, 18 April.
- Residents can now make request online to Bass Coast Shire Council
Customers can now log their requests directly through Bass Coast Shire Council's website.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Darren Chester secured $6.5M funding for Marine Parade in Lakes Entrance through federal government grant
One of Lakes Entrance's busiest roads will receive a $6.5 million facelift thanks to a Federal Government grant.
- Pop-up session at Longwarry Market on 5 June 2022 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of Longwarry and the surrounding areas are invited to come along to council's pop-up session at the Longwarry Market on Sunday 5 June.
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- Dan Andrews walks away from apology opportunity for dismissive comments on toxic bullying culture allegations in Victorian Labor party
Premier Daniel Andrews has walked away from another opportunity to apologise for comments dismissing a Labor MP's allegations of a toxic bullying culture within the Labor Party as "fantasy".
- 'Shop local' and support small businesses to keep our Gippsland economy and community thriving
Importance of buying locally made products is that it helps the small businesses thrive.
- Social housing investment in Warragul of $6.85M means more Victorians to a home through Andrews Labor government
More Victorians will have a place to call home thanks to the Andrews Labor government's social housing investment in Warragul.
- Message from Russell Broadbent on NAIDOC Week 2021
Community is invited to support and celebrate the history, culture and achievements of the first people.
- Ray Akers, Archie Towers, Ben Davies and the Junior Hive named in recognised at Wellington Shire Awards 2022
Recognising the advocacy of Mr Ray Akers as Citizen of the year and Mr Archie Towers as Young Citizen of the year through the Australia Day awars.
- Feedback wanted in the Local Law review for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently reviewing its Local Law and is calling on the community to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
- Winners of 2021 Business Awards held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo announced by Bass Coast Shire Council
Local businesses were in the spotlight on Friday (18 February) night, as Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winners of the 2021 Business Awards at an event held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo.
- Online guide on how Gippslanders can live sustainably from Wellington Shire Council
Information on how to live sustainably is now easier to find thanks to an upgrade of Wellington Shire Council's online resources for local residents and businesses.
- Sale air show to get flying start for Gippsland in 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
An event that would give chance to reconnection of former air force colleagues, attract visitors that would also give boost to the economy.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- Works in the Indigenous Art Garden at Rotary Park in Warragul is set to show on 16 May 2022
The Rotary Club of Warragul, our Indigenous community and Baw Baw Shire Council are working together to create a new garden of local cultural significance.
- Snowy River railway trestle bridge will boost tourism for East Gippsland
Council working and supporting the locals in the restoration of the trestle bridge that will give long-term benefits for the community.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Free flu vaccines shots from National Immunisation Program start 10 May in Bass Coast Shire so book now
Bass Coast Shire Council's Influenza immunisation program will begin in May, which offers free flu vaccinations through the National Immunisation Program.
- Keeping Baw Baw's urban nature strips safe with its newly adopted guidelines
Council has adopted the Urban Nature Strip Guidelines to outline the kinds of modifications residents can make to nature strips while ensuring they remain safe and accessible.
- Join in and learn about the Bass Coast Walk for Reconciliation on 26 May 2022
Council invites everyone to join Bass Coast Walk for Reconciliation on 26 May 2022, a joint media release from the Bass Coast Reconciliation Network.
- Guidelines to provide efficient tree inspections across Baw Baw Shire
Council has endorsed the Tree Inspection Policy and Guidelines to better manage tree inspections and maintenance works within urban areas of the Shire.
- East Gippslanders dismayed by bushfire recovery grants program
Council disappointment on the recovery grants for bush fire damages, requesting urgent review on bush fire recovery funding allocation for Gippsland.
- Get active close to home in Wellington Shire with awesome wellness map
Council has curated a list and map that includes wetlands, arts and beach trails, all within easy reach of Wellington's main urban areas.
- Place making projects for Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road to start development
Council has endorsed the 2021/22 Placemaking Program to benefit the smaller townships of Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road.
- Minister for Planning Richard Wynne shuts down Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project due to unacceptable environmental effects
Council is grateful for those who participated in the environmental effects statement and IAC hearing processes.
- Calling on local volunteers to register or nominate for East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll
Council is calling on volunteers to register or nominate for the East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll.
- Access and inclusion on the agenda for Bass Coast
Council held an access and inclusion forum to help shape the development of a new disability action plan.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Baw Baw Shire Council will improve pedestrian safety on Normanby Street, Warragul, following the presentation of a petition signed by 56 community members.
- Number of planning applications is good news for economic growth in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council is supporting the region's economic growth through well-considered planning decisions.
- Residents encouraged to take part in developing solutions to meet parking demands in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar by Baw Baw
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a thorough assessment of the parking pressures in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar, and is encouraging residents to take part in helping develop solutions that aim to meet future parking demands.
- Kinder open days coming up next week for towns in Baw Baw
Look for the kindergarten facility near you and enroll your kindergartens online.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- Activating our outdoor spaces this summer for business in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is helping local businesses to create outdoor trading and dining spaces across the Shire this summer.
- Women in Business event to be held at West Gippsland Arts Centre on 17 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council will host a Women in Business event featuring Olivia White and a panel of outstanding local businesswomen for an evening full of inspiration and valuable advice to help local women meet their business goals.
- Cowes to Rhyll boardwalk gets $416,000 for upgrade from Victorian government regional funding
Bass Coast Shire Council has welcomed new State Government funding towards its tracks and trails network, bringing benefits to the Bass Coast community.
- Explore your backyard online this National Water Week with East Gippsland Water
Join us in an online learning festival to celebrate the national water week.
- Controversial Grantville sand mine extension in Bass Coast gets a green light ignoring the environmental risks
Bass Coast Shire Council is shocked and disappointed that the extension of a controversial sand mine in Grantville will go ahead after it was given the green light by the state government this week.
- Victorian election promise for $600M West Gippsland Healthcare Group upgrade from Liberals and Nationals
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed an election promise from the Liberals and Nationals for a $600 million new or upgraded West Gippsland Hospital should they win government.
- Free Baw Baw Esports Cup by Australian Esports League at West Gippsland Arts Centre from 9 - 10 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council has teamed up with leading esports provider, the Australian Esports League (AEL) to bring the second edition of the Baw Baw Esports Cup to the region.
- Biggs Drive crossing upgrade will improve accessibility to Wonthaggi CBD and include pram access
Bass Coast Shire Council is fully funding this $40,000 project, which will get underway from Monday, 7 March and take two weeks to complete.
- Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project Environmental Effects Statement (EES) and Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) hearing cost East Gippsland Shire Council $730,688
Total external cost hearing of the fingerboards mineral sands project.
- Murray Street and Biggs Drive intersection upgrade gets $650,000 funding from Blackspot Program 2021/22 and Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to Unlock Opportunities in Wonthaggi, with significant pedestrian safety upgrade works on the intersection of Murray Street and Biggs Drive about to get underway.
- Sale and Yarram in Wellington Shire raise pride flag in support for the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia
Wellington Shire Council flew the rainbow pride flag at locations in Sale and Yarram on Tuesday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
- Wonthaggi to Inverloch trail funded $3M from Victorian government's Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is thrilled to announce that the State Government's Growing Suburbs Fund will contribute $3 million to the development of a 14 kilometre path between Inverloch and Wonthaggi.
- Free green waste disposal for Baw Baw Shire residents
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering residents free green waste disposal at selected transfer stations to help prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
- Sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to improve its local road network, with the sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo, between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road.
- Outstanding success with competition surfing returning with Phillip Island Pro 2022 to Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is proud to support events right across the Shire and as part of this, has a longstanding commitment to hosting surfing events in the region.
- Bass Coast looks forward to working with the Victorian government to help with 2026 Commonwealth Games
Bass Coast Shire Council welcomed today's 2026 Commonwealth Games hosting announcement and looks forward to working with the State Government on securing popular sports.
- Replacement of more than a thousand existing street lights with new energy efficient LED for Wellington Shire starts 1 May 2022
Wellington Shire Council will undertake a bulk replacement of more than 1400 streetlights from 1 May, as part of a Gippsland-wide project to improve energy use and safety.
- Special Charge Scheme to raise $400,000 for South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate to unlock investment in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council has declared a Special Charge Scheme to help fund an upgrade to the water supply at the South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate and allow the precinct to reach its full potential.
- James Reid - Baw Baw Shire Planning Director departs to pursue potentially career-defining project in professional planning
Baw Baw Shire Council Director of Planning and Development James Reid to pursue a role with the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
- Construction of Surf Parade Path extension in Inverloch begins
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to announce that construction of the next stage of the Surf Parade Shared Path in Inverloch will start in early February.
- Survey for local businesses to help measure the full impact of South Pacific Laundry sudden withdrawal from Gippsland
Wellington Shire Council wants to hear from any local businesses impacted by the sudden withdrawal of linen services from Gippsland by South Pacific Laundry.
- Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of the Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve at Phillip Island will have public roads discontinued and closed
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to begin the statutory process to discontinue public roads within Phillip Island's Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- Work on Smiths Beach town plan in Bass Coast Shire to commence and improve resident safety
At its meeting this week, Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the final Smiths Beach Town Plan, to allow implementation of its actions.
- Newhaven jetty in Bass Coast Shire ready to be renewed
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Foreshore vandalism in Bass Coast Policy to be combated with new policy
Bass Coast Shire Council endorsed a new policy at its November Council Meeting, to provide a stronger response to illegal vegetation damage.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- Carol Blair from San Remo is 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year
Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winner of its 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at a presentation on Wednesday, 19 January.
- Rehabilitation of Cape Woolamai foreshore resulting from damage caused unauthorised activities under way
Bass Coast Shire Council is undertaking works to rehabilitate a deliberately damaged section of the Cape Woolamai foreshore.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- Kilcunda Caravan Park on Bass Highway gets new long-term lease
Bass Coast Shire Council has awarded a long-term lease for the Kilcunda Caravan Park, located on the Bass Highway in Kilcunda.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Cowes boat ramp facility eastern car park to be upgraded
Bass Coast Shire Council is finalising plans for an upgrade of the eastern car park at the Cowes boat ramp facility.
- Social commentator Bernard Salt presents at Developing Bass Coast Forum at Bayview Room at Silverwater Resort in San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to be hosting its first in-person Developing Bass Coast Forum since 2019.
- Works underway at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve Soccer Pavilion with $700,000 project under Sport and Recreation Victoria
Bass Coast Shire Council has started work to extend the Soccer Pavilion at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve.
- Construction on new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes has started
Bass Coast Shire Council has begun construction on a new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes.
- Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Adopted domestic animal management plan that will provide and ensure domestic animals safety with responsible ownership.
- Jam Jerrup drainage upgrades along Foreshore Road
Bass Coast Shire Council will carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup in August.
- Neerim South War Memorial restored with support from the Victoria Remembers Grant Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has completed restoration works on the War Memorial in Neerim South.
- Berrys Beach Road renewal in Ventnor gets $400,000 from Victorian government and $25,000 from Bass Coast Council
A section of Berrys Beach Road in Ventnor will be renewed by Bass Coast Shire Council in coming weeks.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Ian Bye elected Mayor and Marcus McKenzie Deputy Mayor of Wellington Shire in 2021
Elected as Wellington Shire Council Mayor and Cr Marcus McKenzie of Port Albert was elected Deputy Mayor, both councillors were elected to the positions unopposed.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Stage two of $110,000 new footpath along Eastwood Road in north Bairnsdale
East Gippsland Shire Council has begun Stage Two of a new footpath along Eastwood Road, Eastwood, north of Bairnsdale.
- Omeo Recreation Reserve become temporary camp site as Omeo Caravan Park gets cleaned up after floods
East Gippsland Shire Council backed the establishment of an interim camping site at the Omeo Recreation Reserve.
- Footpath renewal and parking bay upgrades of $80,000 in Inverloch under Bass Coast Capital Works Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has several renewal projects about to get underway in Inverloch.
- Free camping at Omeo Recreation Reserve until 17 April 2020 as Omeo Caravan Park reopens for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council remains committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Cowes in Phillip Island to get two new footpaths built
Bass Coast Shire Council will construct two new footpaths in Cowes, starting this August.
- Gilbert Rochecouste from Village Well conducts public space activation improvement audits on Sale and Maffra for Wellington Shire Council
Business owners led one of Australia's leading placemaking experts through Wellington Shire town centres last week to look at how they could be made as vibrant and lively as possible.
- Guide Park Redevelopment $1.77 M project in Bass Coast Shire to begin early 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council awarded the tender for the Project at its December meeting.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- Budget and financial plan for 2021/22 adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council
Budget and financial planning 2021-22.
- Bass Coast Reconciliation Network calls to heal country as part of NAIDOC week 2021
Celebrating NAIDOC week through art, supporting the contribution and talent of the first nation in Bass Coast.
- Labor appoints Labor mate Ben Hubbard as the new Chair and Director of VicForests to put jobs through wood chipper
A former Chief-of-Staff to Labor Prime Minister Julia Gillard has been covertly appointed to lead the Andrews Labor government's radical destruction of Victoria's sustainable native timber industry.
- Swim for free at Thorpdale Pool in Baw Baw Shire this summer
Thorpdale Swimming Pool Committee has worked with Baw Baw Shire Council to provide a donation that will allow the community to swim for free.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- Leanne Hurst appointed as Director of Planning and Development for Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire appoints a new director for planning and development.
Latest NewsFederal Labor government must increase biosecurity to properly protect $80B Australian livestock industry from the highly contagious foot and mouth disease
Steph Ryan will not be seeking re-election at 2022 Victorian election in November
Why Nationals Deputy Leader Steph Ryan stepped down ahead of the coming Victorian election
Cat owners required to keep cats on their property 24-hour a day from 1 July 2023 as part of Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25
Comprehensive biosecurity checks of airport travellers arriving from Indonesia by federal government called for by Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Old Methodist Church in Traralgon found to be of local historic significance to Latrobe City by heritage assessment
Young people encouraged to join Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Wayne Casey Youth Scholarship Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Community feedback wanted on draft Economic Development Strategy 2022 from East Gippsland Council
Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022