Harriet Shing MP:
Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
By Portal Admin - 21st December 2020 - Back to News
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley schools will be able to build inclusive indoor and outdoor learning spaces as well as accessible playgrounds to support students with disabilities and additional needs, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing said Round 6 applications of the Inclusive Schools Fund were now open for local schools to create inclusive spaces.
An additional $20 million was allocated for Round 6 and 7 of the Inclusive Schools Fund in the 2020/21 Victorian Budget, bringing the Andrews Labor Government’s total investment in the Fund to $60 million.
The Inclusive Schools Fund is helping government schools better cater for the social and educational needs of young people with a disability and additional needs.
A total of 53 projects were funded in Round 5, including $200,000 for Drouin Primary School to build and all-abilities playground and sensory garden.
Other successful projects included accessible kitchen gardens, wheelchair-friendly playground surfaces, quiet musical areas, a bush playground and sensory zones with a range of tactile surfaces.
Since its inception in 2015, the Fund has supported 234 creative projects to build inclusive indoor and outdoor learning spaces as well as accessible playgrounds have been announced.
Inclusive education is about ensuring that all students, regardless of disabilities or other differences, can fully participate, learn, develop and succeed in Victorian government schools.
In the past five years, the Victorian Government has invested more than $9 billion in more than 1,600 school upgrades – creating more than 10,000 construction jobs – and is now ahead of schedule its commitment to open 100 new schools by 2026, with 48 new schools opening between 2019 and 2022.
Applications for Round 6 of the program open on Tuesday, 8 December and close Friday, 19 February. For more details, go to https://www.schoolbuildings.vic.gov.au/Pages/Inclusive-Schools-Fund.aspx
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"This fund is helping West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley schools make a real difference to students through new inclusive spaces that cater for a wider range of options for teaching and learning."
Quote attributable to Minister for Education James Merlino
"We are supporting projects that are making a real difference to students, who will get the benefits of new inclusive spaces to cater for a wider range of options for teaching and learning."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Grants Available to Preserve Local History
Encouraging local historians to apply for a share in $350,000 to preserve,record and share history.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Picker grants barking up the wrong tree, growers say
Work force shortage still has not been resolved by the government.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- Official opening of Yinnar and District Memorial Hall refurbishment
Reconditioning of the memorial hall to help brighten up the community venue.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Community Safety Grants Now Open
Open application for grants through Government's Building for Safer Communities Program.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Sporting Club Grants Now Open
2020/2021 Sporting Club Grants are now open for application.
- Animal welfare grants now open
Animal welfare fund grants are now open for applications.
- Sporting Grants Announced
Successful applicants to the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Da Vinci exhibition opens at Latrobe Regional Gallery
An event to witness the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, the world’s greatest mind.
- Help shape the Traralgon recreation reserve and showgrounds
A masterplan draft for Traralgon Recreation Reserve to be released for public exhibition.
- Help us shape our Community Engagement Policy
The final Policy is expected to be considered for adoption at the February 2021 Council Meeting.
- Help shape the future of Moe
A project that invites community to express their ideas.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- New Initiative Opens Cultural Doors for Locals
Distance and transport will no longer be a barrier for Latrobe Valley residents wanting to attend cultural events in the regional city.
- Floodgates open at water wonderland
Government project that supports economic boost.
- New geothermal aquatic centre opens in Gippsland
Opening of a facility to help the community's wellness and economy.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- 2020 Supplementary Volunteer Grants Open
2020 Supplementary Volunteer Grants are now open.
- Amazing multi-million dollar Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre opens
Opening of a new recreational centre with wide array of health and fitness activities for people across the region. It greatly improve the well-being of community benefits and help economic growth.
- Crime Prevention Grants
Crime Prevention Grants to open for applications by January 2021.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Shocktober Campaign aims to help Save Lives in Regional Victoria
Ambulance Victoria are encouraging communities to learn CPR and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), everyday 18 Victorians suffer a cardiac arrest, this can happen to anyone anywhere at any time.
- Cowes Pool Unable To Open This Summer
Council and YMCA prioritising community safety.
- Putting Gippsland people first
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Latrobe City Council supports hydrogen industry
Council project that would help support in the city’s economy.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- 2021 Victorian junior landcare and biodiversity grants now open
Grant application encouraging young people in protecting the environment.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe City Council calls for health improvements for Morwell
City council’s call for action to improve and protect the community’s health.
- Latrobe Performing Arts Center - What's on in April 2021
Series of wonderful and fun-filled event for the whole family.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery - What's on in April 2021
Community’s response to Da Vinci and his machines.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Building a Sustainable Eastern Victoria
$2.6 million Sustainable Infrastructure Fund grants opened to encourage the use of recycled materials in local infrastructure projects across Victoria.
- Trees take centre stage at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Man-made trees as grand feature of the facility, welcoming the visitors.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Valley public transport cost woes continue
Northe has renewed calls for a review of the Latrobe Valley’s unfair public transport ticketing structure that places local commuters at a disadvantage. The current MYKI system forces local commuters to pay more than other area across the State.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Outdoors Pools to Open
Moe and Yallourn North outdoor pools open to the public on Saturday, 28 November 2020.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Yinnar RV Stop Officially Opened
District Community Association to help encourage visitors with their additional free RV stop at Yinnar.
- Multicultural Awards and Event Grants
Multicultural Festivals and Events (MFE) program and Victorian Multicultural Awards for Excellence now open for nominations.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Eastern Victoria Clubs Urged to Apply for Sport and Active Recreation Grants
Applications are now open for the latest round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Sporting Club Grants Program.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Liberal Nationals’ Positive Plan to Freeze Bills to Help Households
Freezing a raft of fees and charges as a means to financially assist Victorian families.
- Council advocates for Latrobe City in Canberra
City needs support to overcome the loss of jobs and business impacts of energy station early closure.
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.