Harriet Shing MP:
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
By Portal Admin - 13th December 2020 - Back to News
Members of four local business chambers will benefit from grants awarded through the Andrews Government’s Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups program.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing announced that the Drouin Business Group and the Yarragon Business Association will each receive $10,000 to provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses to support their members’ transition to COVID Normal.
The Warragul Business Association will also receive $20,000 while Wines of Gippsland will receive $50,000.
The program has provided $4.15 million in support through grants of $10,000, $20,000 or $50,000 to business chambers and trader groups across Victoria to support their local business community’s recovery and restart.
Grant recipients will use the funding for business activation initiatives like facilitating members’ adaptation to COVID Normal, ‘buy local’ campaigns and improving access to programs and services focused on resilience and recovery.
These organisations are among the 182 local organisations that have so far received grant funding through the initiative.
The Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups program is part of more than $7 billion in direct economic support provided by the government to Victorian businesses and workers to help them weather the storm of the pandemic.
Some $2.6 billion in funding has supported more than 130,000 small and medium businesses to date through the Business Support Fund while $87.5 million has been provided to support hospitality businesses prepare for COVID Normal.
For more information about the Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups program, go to business.vic.gov.au/businesschambers.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Small Business Jaala Pulford
"These local associations are fantastic advocates for the business community in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley and this funding will help local business recover and prepare for COVID Normal."
"We appreciate the leading role Victorian business chambers and trader groups play in helping local businesses rebound and recover – that’s why it’s important to back that leadership with funding for local solutions to this global pandemic."
Quote attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"We’re committed to assisting businesses throughout West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley recover from the coronavirus pandemic and these local business chambers will be key to this recovery."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Business Adaptation Grants program has been extended.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Putting Gippsland people first
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe City Council calls for health improvements for Morwell
City council’s call for action to improve and protect the community’s health.
- Latrobe Performing Arts Center - What's on in April 2021
Series of wonderful and fun-filled event for the whole family.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery - What's on in April 2021
Community’s response to Da Vinci and his machines.
- Latrobe City Council supports hydrogen industry
Council project that would help support in the city’s economy.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Amazing multi-million dollar Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre opens
Opening of a new recreational centre with wide array of health and fitness activities for people across the region. It greatly improve the well-being of community benefits and help economic growth.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Valley public transport cost woes continue
Northe has renewed calls for a review of the Latrobe Valley’s unfair public transport ticketing structure that places local commuters at a disadvantage. The current MYKI system forces local commuters to pay more than other area across the State.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- Trees take centre stage at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Man-made trees as grand feature of the facility, welcoming the visitors.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Eastern Victorian businesses going digital for Covid normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Small business support
Threat of more lockdowns continues to decimate business confidence.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Council advocates for Latrobe City in Canberra
City needs support to overcome the loss of jobs and business impacts of energy station early closure.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- Da Vinci exhibition opens at Latrobe Regional Gallery
An event to witness the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, the world’s greatest mind.
- Taxi fares lift lid on Andrews’ neglect of Gippsland trains
Trains needing upgrades to be more reliable and accessible to the public.
- Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Council’s Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
- Aquatic centre access a win for Latrobe Leisure members
Leisure members to have complementary access on GRAC according to membership classification.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- Funding sought for recreation projects
Council to fund to redevelop and improve cricket training facilities.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Early Works Underway for Car Parks in the Latrobe Valley
Tests underway to determine feasibility of the eight preferred sites in Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.
- New mental health jobs and support for the Latrobe Valley
Postgraduate nurses for mental health scholarship being appreciated.
- VicHealth Funding Announced for Local Groups
Five organisations to share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding.
- Bass Coast welcomes funding for public and community housing
An funding commitment for Victorians.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- New geothermal aquatic centre opens in Gippsland
Opening of a facility to help the community's wellness and economy.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.