Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
The 2021/22 Grants were awarded by Council, across three categories: Environment Grants, Equipment Grants and Minor Capital Grants. Each eligible application was assessed against set criteria to determine the funding allocation.
Visit the provided web pages to learn more about the Community Development Grants program, which grant category is best for you and how to apply
Buln Buln East Community Association made a successful application for the environment grants, receiving $4,493.50 to go towards weed control on Buln Buln East school block.
Congratulations to the successful applicants of the 2021 Community Development Grants for equipment purchases.
|Aberfeldy and District Association Inc||$5,000 to go towards ground maintenance equipment for Aberfeldy|
|Athlone Hall||$4,646.40 to go towards new chairs for the hall|
|Drouin Men's Shed Inc||$5,000 to go towards replacing metal lathe and milling machine|
|Gippsland Umpires Association Inc||$2,895 to go towards footballs and iPad equipment|
|Hill End Community Incorporated||$5,000 to go towards a ground maintenance mower|
|Hill End Junior Football Club||$4,959.70 to go towards long sleeve jumpers and footballs|
|Jindivick Progress Association Inc||$3,185 to go towards community newsletter publishing equipment and a lawn mower|
|Lardner Hall||$4,379.10 to go towards chair upgrades|
|Longwarry Cricket Club||$4,961 to go towards new appliances: fridge and freezer|
|Longwarry Recreation Reserve||$4,491.90 to go towards indoor furniture replacement|
|Mid Gippsland Badminton Association||$1,780 to go towards the Flying Back to Badminton project- 50 dozen RSL Classic Shuttles|
|Mid Gippsland Junior Badminton Association||$1,130 to go towards the Mid Gippsland children making birdies fly project|
|Neerim Cemetery Trust||$744 to go towards the Beautiful cemetery project: Brush Cutter|
|Neerim District Junior Basketball Club||$3,299.98 to go towards canteen upgrades|
|Neerim and District Soldiers Memorial Hospital||$4,180 to go towards outdoor furniture|
|The Scout Association of Australia, Warragul Branch||$4,932 to go towards tents, hiking tents and trestle table replacement|
|Trafalgar Bowls Club||$2,795 to go towards Know the Score: Scoreboards|
|Walhalla Goldfields Railway||$3,774.36 to go towards office computing refresh|
|Warragul & District Kennel & Obedience Club Inc||$3,247 to go towards Automated External Defibrillator (AED)|
|Warragul Business Group Inc||$5,000 to go towards fencing for events and community activities|
|Warragul Harness Racing Club Inc||$3,319 to go towards hi pressure washer cleaner and hand lawnmower|
|Warragul Little Athletics Club||$3,637.40 to go towards high jump mat-scissor mat|
|Warragul Municipal Band Inc||$4,890.70 to go towards Yamaha NEO custom Bb Cornet, snare drum harness and percussion accessories|
|Warragul Playgroup Inc||$5,000 to go towards revitalising the Warragul Playgroup with indoor & outdoor play equipment|
|Warragul Youth Theatre||$2,480 to go towards Warragul Youth Theatre workshop: theatre masks|
|West Gippsland Bush Walkers Inc||$1,400 to go towards an active community and healthy environment|
|Western Park Cricket Club||$5,000 to go towards improvements to Western Park Cricket Club|
Minor capital works
The 2021 Community Development Grants also awarded the successful applications from facilities for their minor capital works.
|Baw Baw Radiomodellers Association Gippsland Inc||$10,000 to go towards the Baw Baw RC Club shelter|
|Neerim District Bowling Club Inc||$3,189.98 to go towards outdoor seating and tables|
|Neerim Neerim South Football Netball Club||$3,790 to go towards cool room upgrade in Phoenix rooms|
|Neerim South Recreation Reserve Committee of Management||$10,000 to go towards the timekeeper's box, seats and stairs|
|Rokeby Public Hall and Recreation Reserve||$10,000 to go towards Rokeby Reserve day visitor facility landscaping|
|Seaview Public Hall Reserve Committee||$1,635 to go towards the refurbishment of the toilet block|
Support to local community members and groups
Mayor Cr Danny Goss said, "Council is pleased to award the Community Development Grants to all successful applicants. These grants provide crucial support to local community members and groups so they can deliver projects that have a huge benefit for the community. All projects in the 2021/22 program are so diverse: from new outdoor furniture and new appliances to building refurbishments and landscaping. We congratulate all the successful applicants and look forward to seeing the project outcomes."
Provide a positive contribution to our communities
Deputy Mayor Cr Michael Leaney said, "Council is proud to award grant funding to the 34 successful applications. They each have one thing in common, their projects will provide a positive contribution to our communities across the Shire. $140,000 is a substantial amount to award in grants and this funding will support things like minor equipment, infrastructure improvements and environmental works."
"I highly encourage all of our community groups who are considering undertaking new projects, looking to upgrade equipment or do improvements to investigate this grant opportunity. Please keep an eye on Council's website for the upcoming 2022 dates".
Council is set to host the annual presentation event in November to acknowledge and celebrate the recipients. For further information please visit Council's Community Development Grants program.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Baw Baw community has their questions answered by Mayor Danny Goss over live online Q&A
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire, Councillor Danny Goss hosted a live Facebook Q&A on Tuesday evening to cover all the hot topics our community cares about.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Baw Baw Shire residents can book additional hard waste pick up service to help with Spring cleanup
Additional hard waste collection bookings are now open for Baw Baw Shire residents looking to get their Spring cleaning done and dusted.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- James Reid - Baw Baw Shire Planning Director departs to pursue potentially career-defining project in professional planning
Baw Baw Shire Council Director of Planning and Development James Reid to pursue a role with the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Baw Baw's hidden treasures uncovers hundreds of public art examples
Local art aficionados uncovered almost 200 examples of public art throughout Baw Baw Shire during Council's Hidden Treasures Hunt.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Keeping Baw Baw's urban nature strips safe with its newly adopted guidelines
Council has adopted the Urban Nature Strip Guidelines to outline the kinds of modifications residents can make to nature strips while ensuring they remain safe and accessible.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- Mountain bike trails at Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort are now open and perfect activity in Gippsland over summer
Biking season at Mt Baw Baw is now open, with essential bookings suited for your convenience.
- Community members needed to join workgroup for $30M Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
Community members are being sought out by the council and are needed to help guide design and delivery of a landmark precinct.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Community sponsorship program for Baw Baw opening in July
Sponsorship and grants for community organisations to assist for the community development.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Keith Cook sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor
Keith Cook has been sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor with a ceremony held this afternoon in the Fountain Room of the West Gippsland Art Centre.
- Remembrance Day commemoration for Baw Baw Shire will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph
Remembrance Day commemoration will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph on the corner of Smith and Victoria Streets
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Free green waste disposal for Baw Baw Shire residents
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering residents free green waste disposal at selected transfer stations to help prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- Swim for free at Thorpdale Pool in Baw Baw Shire this summer
Thorpdale Swimming Pool Committee has worked with Baw Baw Shire Council to provide a donation that will allow the community to swim for free.
- Community invited to attend forum on retaining wall requirements for Baw Baw Shire
Council is set to host a community forum to provide key stakeholders and the wider community with a better understanding of retaining wall requirements across the Shire.
- CFA-declared fire danger period for Baw Baw Shire starts on 10 Jan 2022
The CFA-declared Fire Danger Period will commence at 1.00am on Monday, 10 January 2022.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Victorian businesses and community organisations can apply for $2,000 grants from COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government is helping businesses and the community breathe new life into local neighbourhoods as vaccination progressively delivers greater freedoms across the state from Friday.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Grants for creative workers open from state government' 'Sustaining Creative Workers' initiative
The Victorian Government's Sustaining Creative Workers initiative is now open for applications, providing critical support to Victoria's independent creative sector when they need it most.
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has endorsed a strategy to deliver sustainable economic growth and a bright, thriving future for our region and its businesses.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Feedback wanted by on draft Public Health and Wellbeing Plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community feedback, thoughts and suggestions on its draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Federal government grants MediPharm Labs in Wonthaggi to $466,577 and create more local manufacturing jobs
Grant to modernize a local company, MediPharm Labs to create greater efficiency and competitiveness.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- Leanne Hurst appointed as Director of Planning and Development for Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire appoints a new director for planning and development.
- Michael Leaney elected as Mayor and Annemarie McCabe as Deputy Mayor for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Cr Michael Leaney, elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe, elected as Deputy Mayor.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Maffra structure plan in Wellington Shire
Council is seeking community feedback for the Maffra structure plan.
- Community invited to online briefing on Warragul and Drouin preferred neighbourhood character design guidelines
Online open community briefing will be held by the council to present councillors and the community with the draft design guidelines that are proposed to define overall township character and inform planning for future developments.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- A new skate park for Rawson community in Baw Baw Shire
Rawson locals have come together to celebrate the official opening of their new skate park, backed by funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- Federal program of regional grants like Building Better Regions Fund need overhaul
The Federal Government should overhaul its regional grants funding programs which are failing to deliver fair outcomes for communities like Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Community consultation starts for $2M Mallacoota streetscape upgrade
Community consultation to upgrade the Mallacoota streetscape.
- Applications open for community groups to plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire
Funding is now available to help community groups plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire.
- Community consultation extended for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Extension community consultation period for the proposed road and drainage improvement program for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants East rip off for Gippsland may be avoided says Darren Chester
The Federal Government is backing away from a plan which would have short-changed bushfire impacted communities in East Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Local community shapes future plans for vacant land at Rollo Street in Yarragon
Council adopted the Rollo Street, Yarragon Masterplan, a planning document that will guide the future development of a vibrant, new community space.
- Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Adopted domestic animal management plan that will provide and ensure domestic animals safety with responsible ownership.
- Applications open for Gippsland Recycling centres grants up to $500,000 from Victorian government $40.9M Regional Recycling Fund
Recycling centres across regional Victoria including in Gippsland can apply for grants of up to $500,000 for infrastructure upgrades as part of Round One of the $40.9 million Regional Recycling Fund.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Latrobe City Council re-opens Cumberland Park kindergarten after negative results for COVID-19
Identified close contact resulted negative from COVID-19.
- Community feedback wanted for Warragul and Drouin residential design guidelines that will shape the future look of these towns
All residents are invited to help shape guidelines that will define the overall township character for future developments in Drouin and Warragul.
- Latrobe City Council calls for Victorian government to support for timber industry
Release of code of practice for timber industry that has been on a long delayed by the state government.
- Labertouche Community Hall gets lovingly restored through the Latrobe Valley Authority,s Community and Facility Fund
Labertouche Community Hall has been lovingly restored with a new roof, ceiling and floor, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- SEED Lakeside Community Garden creator Shae Wilson gets $59,500 federal grant to support social and emotional health
SEED Lakeside Community Garden in Sale will benefit from funding from the Federal Government.
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Latrobe City Youth Council inviting new members for 2022
Latrobe City Youth Council is seeking new members for the 2022 term to build their leadership skills, make new connections and provide input into Council's decision making
- Gippsland not-for-profit kindergardens can apply for grants from $7.5M from state government fund to improve ventilation
Victorian Government is helping kindergarten services across Eastern Victoria reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, with support for better ventilation measures to help keep children and staff COVIDSafe.
- Applications open for Community Cricket Program for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5M funding
Applications are open for the next round of the Community Cricket Program that will provide opportunities for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5 million to develop and upgrade cricket facilities across Victoria.
- Strengthening community safety in Moe with 35 new CCTV in CBD
Community members and businesses welcomed the installation of 35 new CCTV cameras in the Moe CBD Precinct.
- Walk with dingos and much more while you are at Mt Baw Baw this summer
Round out the lofty walk with dingoes and a caffeine hit and sweet treat at Village Central.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- New Mallacoota Community Clubrooms a focal point for township
The new Mallacoota Community Clubrooms were officially opened on Sunday 11 July, providing a purpose-built facility and focal point for the community.
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- Gippsland small to medium exporters can apply for federal Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) to co-fund international marketing and promotional expenses
Russell Broadbent MP has urged exporters in Monash to take advantage of the Coalition Government's improved export grants program.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Come to Cowes Cultural and Community Centre community drop-in information session
Information session for the community with regards of the cultural centre redevelopment.
- Proposal to improve pedestrian safety at St Ita's Primary School to Regional Roads Victoria endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council proposed pedestrian school crossing at St. Ita's primary school.
- Bass Coast Shire offers fee-free green waste disposal for summer 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council's annual fee-free green waste disposal period is held to encourage residents and property owners to tidy up in preparation for summer and the fire season.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Upcoming Warragul and Drouin design guidelines community consultation sessions to be moved online
Council seeking the community's feedback for the Warragul and Drouin design guidelines.
- Guidelines to provide efficient tree inspections across Baw Baw Shire
Council has endorsed the Tree Inspection Policy and Guidelines to better manage tree inspections and maintenance works within urban areas of the Shire.
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Join in the Australia Day celebrations across Baw Baw Shire
Everyone is invited to join and celebrate Australia Day 2022 festivities.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Labertouche CFA Station gets new water tank with funds from by Bendigo Bank, Longwarry CFA and Baw Baw Shire Council
Purchase and installation of a 100,000-litre static water tank at the Labertouche CFA Station.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- Yarragon dog lovers celebrate official opening of of newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve in Baw Baw Shire
Yarragon dog lovers and their four-legged friends have celebrated with Baw Baw Shire Council at the official opening of the Shire's newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve.
- Official opening of Mallacoota community clubrooms by Darren Chester
Sport and recreational facility upgrade that will serve the community for years that also supports and boosts the community and the economy.
- Tender awarded to Langden Constructions for community facility in Bellbird Park at Drouin
Works on a vibrant multi-use community facility at Drouin's Bellbird Park have achieved a key milestone with the tender awarded to Langden Constructions Pty Ltd and construction scheduled to begin.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Wellington shire residents now eligible for storm recovery assistance from Federal government
Funding to provide assistance to the residents affected by the storm in their recovery process.
- East Gippslanders dismayed by bushfire recovery grants program
Council disappointment on the recovery grants for bush fire damages, requesting urgent review on bush fire recovery funding allocation for Gippsland.
- Bass Coast Shire prepares at Phillip Island for School Leavers Week 2021
The official School Leavers Week runs from 27 November to 4 December.
- Wellington shire businesses eligible for disaster power outage payments
Financial assistance is now available for businesses in Wellington that experienced prolonged power outages after severe storms on October 29, 2021.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital to host Mind Australia pop-up community mental health service and cater to Gippsland
Additional funding to support the mental health workforce for better and more accessible services as the Latrobe Regional Hospital to host one of the pop-up community mental health services.
- Michael Whelan elected as Mayor and Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor for Bass Coast Shire Council in 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council has elected Cr Michael Whelan as Mayor and Cr Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor at its November Meeting.
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Baw Baw Shire Council will improve pedestrian safety on Normanby Street, Warragul, following the presentation of a petition signed by 56 community members.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Neerim South War Memorial restored with support from the Victoria Remembers Grant Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has completed restoration works on the War Memorial in Neerim South.
- More outdoor trading over summer period to be encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will once again transform outdoor spaces to encourage more outdoor trading over the coming summer period.
- Newhaven jetty in Bass Coast Shire ready to be renewed
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Book readers in Wellington Shire invited to share reading experiences online via Zoom event
Online sharing of reading experiences to share with other participants.
- Click and collect available at Wellington shire libraries so bookworms can continue reading during lockdowns
Libraries across Wellington Shire may be closed due to current restrictions, but bookworms can continue reading via the Click and Collect service.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Historical street signs installed to restore part of Warragul streetscape in Baw Baw Shire
Installation of historical street signs that will preserve and have let you appreciate history as it changes through time.
- Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will be facilitating 'chats' with its employees and the community, throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign, which starts today (25 November).
- Moe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Funding received from the government for changing areas at Apex Park.
- Guide Park Redevelopment $1.77 M project in Bass Coast Shire to begin early 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council awarded the tender for the Project at its December meeting.
- Feedback sought on draft Smiths Beach town plan by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has developed the Draft Smiths Beach Town Plan, following extensive community engagement in 2020 and is now looking for feedback.
- Permit fees for outdoor dining waived by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will waive permit fees for hundreds of hospitality venues to encourage more outdoor dining to help the region bounce back from pandemic lockdowns.
- Get active close to home in Wellington Shire with awesome wellness map
Council has curated a list and map that includes wetlands, arts and beach trails, all within easy reach of Wellington's main urban areas.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Workshops and webinars to apply for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants program
Funding for grants to assist the local and small businesses in bushfire recovery.
- Long grass inspections are being done in Bass Coast Shire so keep up the mowing
Bass Coast Shire Council's Emergency Management Officers are currently carrying out long grass inspections, which will continue into the new year.
- Reminder for beach goers to swim between the flags from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is urging everyone to be safe by the water this summer and to always swim between the red and yellow flags at a patrolled beach.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Pet plan (Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021/25) adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has adopted its Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) 2021-25 at the October Council Meeting.
- Avoid Lake Guyatt in Sale as blue-green algae in season urged by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council is urging the public to avoid coming into contact with the water in Lake Guyatt in Sale, due to a blue-green algae bloom.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods
People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.
- Recycled road method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi being used by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is using an innovative method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi, between Broome Crescent and Stewart Street.
- Kinder open days coming up next week for towns in Baw Baw
Look for the kindergarten facility near you and enroll your kindergartens online.
- Free public transport to revive Melbourne CBD from December to January 2022 says Property Council of Australia
Property Council of Australia joined the call for free public transport to drive the city's revitalisation.
- Andrews Labor Government provides more support service for LGBTIQ+ community in Morwell
The Andrews Labor Government is providing more support to LGBTIQ+ Victorians and their family in the Latrobe Valleywith new free counselling at Anglicare Victoria.
- Morwell Centenary Rose Garden greatly improved by Friends of Garden with funding from Latrobe City Council and Advance Morwell
Morwell Centenary Rose Garden receiving and appreciating funding support from the council to complete the installation of permanent bricks edging around garden beds.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Free green waste disposal to assist storm clean-up in Baw Baw
Transfer station locations and their operating time, and details to check before going to the nearest transfer stations.
- Free outdoor play sessions in Wellington Shire for children's week
Families across Wellington Shire will have plenty to celebrate during Children's Week, with free outdoor play sessions held in several locations.
- Child care services in Wellington Shire gets boost of $230,000
Three child care providers in Wellington have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Residents can now make request online to Bass Coast Shire Council
Customers can now log their requests directly through Bass Coast Shire Council's website.
- Anglicare Victoria continues to supporting young people in Latrobe Valley stay away from crime via Youth Crime Prevention Grants program
Through the Andrews Labor Government Youth Crime Prevention Grants program (YCPG), Anglicare Victoria has been awarded $350,000 to continue helping young people find pathways away from offending.
- Click and Collect for Wellington Shire libraries to resume
Library service allowing the members access books and resources during lockdown.
- Online guide on how Gippslanders can live sustainably from Wellington Shire Council
Information on how to live sustainably is now easier to find thanks to an upgrade of Wellington Shire Council's online resources for local residents and businesses.
- Feedback wanted on Environment Sustainability Strategy form East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council has released its draft Environment Sustainability Strategy 2022-2032 for community comment.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Ian Bye elected Mayor and Marcus McKenzie Deputy Mayor of Wellington Shire in 2021
Elected as Wellington Shire Council Mayor and Cr Marcus McKenzie of Port Albert was elected Deputy Mayor, both councillors were elected to the positions unopposed.
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- Detox your Home event to encourage Wonthaggi to dispose of unwanted household chemicals on 31 Oct 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council is encouraging the community to dispose of unwanted household chemicals at the Detox your Home event, coming to Wonthaggi on Sunday, 31 October.
- More than $15 million federal money spent to reduce mobile phone black spots across Gippsland
Gippslanders are safer, and the economy has prospered because of more than $15 million being spent to reduce mobile phone black spots, according to the Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- More than 800 Victorian families who lost loved ones last year would not agree with Andrews Labor Government COVID response triumph claim
In a Labor-aligned podcast over the weekend, Daniel Andrews bragged Victoria's COVID response should be celebrated as a "triumph".
- New Men's Shed Workshop at Neerim Junction on digital technology funded $80,000 from Victorian government
Council has entered a community lease with Neerim District Community House and Men's Shed to develop a workshop facility located at the former Neerim Junction Tennis Courts, at 17 Court Rd, Neerim Junction.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- Flood study of Morwell and surrounds funded $26,000 through federal Risk and Resilience Grants Program
A flood study of Morwell and surrounding areas will be undertaken thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Activating our outdoor spaces this summer for business in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is helping local businesses to create outdoor trading and dining spaces across the Shire this summer.
- Kellie O'Callaghan elected as Mayor and Dan Clancey as Deputy Mayor for Latrobe City Council in 2021/22
New Mayor and Deputy Mayor have been elected.
- Latrobe Regional Airport looking to take-off under plan that sets out a long-term framework for development
Council seeking expansion development opportunities for Latrobe Regional Airport that will help them support and grow the aviation operations.
- Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project Environmental Effects Statement (EES) and Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) hearing cost East Gippsland Shire Council $730,688
Total external cost hearing of the fingerboards mineral sands project.
- Budget and financial plan for 2021/22 adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council
Budget and financial planning 2021-22.
- More cutting-edge equipment for Gippsland Tech School to deliver more innovative STEM learning programs
The Gippsland Tech School will soon be more high-tech to support Victorian Tech Schools to buy new equipment and deliver more innovative STEM learning programs.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Maffra's Cameron Sporting Complex $9.5 million redevelopment in Wellington Shire officially opened
After a number of frustrating cancellations due to Covid-19 restrictions, an official opening was finally held today for the Cameron Sporting Complex redevelopment.
- Sale air show to get flying start for Gippsland in 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
An event that would give chance to reconnection of former air force colleagues, attract visitors that would also give boost to the economy.
- Lake Tyers Aboriginal Trust to minimise bushfire risks with $100,000 from federal Risk and Resilience Grants Program
Works to minimise bushfire risks around Lake Tyers will be undertaken thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Grant applications open for $34.2 million federal Future Drought Fund's Drought Resilience Innovation Grants program
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now open for organisations to apply for projects to manage and prepare for drought.
- Mark Reeves elected Mayor and Arthur Allen Deputy Mayor for East Gippsland Shire in 2021
Cr Mark Reeves of Marlo has been elected Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council at a Statutory Meeting held on Thursday, October 28.
- Bunyip Cemetery Trust funded $12,000 and Warragul Cemetery Trust funded $15,000 from 2021-22 Cemetery Grants Program
Upgrades and maintenance to be done to Bunyip Cemetery and Gulwarra Heights Memorial Park.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- More jobs in Latrobe Valley as Govhub opens for business
GovHub to open and create more jobs in the community and support economic growth.
- Veteran health and wellbeing funding via 'Supporting Younger Veterans' grant for West and South Gippsland
Grants offered for the support to our young veterans mental health and wellbeing.
- Special Charge Scheme to raise $400,000 for South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate to unlock investment in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council has declared a Special Charge Scheme to help fund an upgrade to the water supply at the South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate and allow the precinct to reach its full potential.
- Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of the Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Foreshore vandalism in Bass Coast Policy to be combated with new policy
Bass Coast Shire Council endorsed a new policy at its November Council Meeting, to provide a stronger response to illegal vegetation damage.
- Cowes foreshore gets new groynes to improve coastal protection from Bass Coast Shire Council
Eight new timber groynes are now in place to protect the Cowes East foreshore from erosion.
- Carol Blair from San Remo is 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year
Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winner of its 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at a presentation on Wednesday, 19 January.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- Jam Jerrup drainage upgrades along Foreshore Road
Bass Coast Shire Council will carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup in August.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Cowes in Phillip Island to get two new footpaths built
Bass Coast Shire Council will construct two new footpaths in Cowes, starting this August.
- Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
Works on Cowes East Foreshore will begin on 1 February and be completed by the end of July, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- Advocacy Priority list endorsed and several important grant applications supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Revised and updated advocacy priorities that will seek funding.
- Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre with $650,000 construction grant from Wellington Shire Council
Construction is underway on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre, a new space for events and learning programs with a focus on sustainability and culture.
- Place making projects for Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road to start development
Council has endorsed the 2021/22 Placemaking Program to benefit the smaller townships of Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road.
- Latrobe City Business Chamber formed to bring together local valley businesses and industry groups
Latrobe City Council is supporting the creation of a single business association to strengthen the voice of the business community.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- More ambulances and paramedics for Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor government
More ambulances and paramedics for the Latrobe Valley to ensure locals get the best care.
- Snowy River railway trestle bridge will boost tourism for East Gippsland
Council working and supporting the locals in the restoration of the trestle bridge that will give long-term benefits for the community.
- Relief for storm affected and areas of power outage in Wellington Shire
The Wellington community has come together to provide assistance in various ways to help other community members.
- Traralgon flood recovery pop-up support for Latrobe City Council
Adjusting to life in the wake of disaster will be the subject of a free pop-up flood recovery session in Traralgon this month.
- Access and inclusion on the agenda for Bass Coast
Council held an access and inclusion forum to help shape the development of a new disability action plan.
- No more excuses for bushfire recovery delays in East Gippsland from Andrews Labor government
All levels of government have been challenged to stop making excuses and get on with the job of delivering bushfire recovery projects in East Gippsland.
- Minister for Planning Richard Wynne shuts down Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project due to unacceptable environmental effects
Council is grateful for those who participated in the environmental effects statement and IAC hearing processes.
- Liberal Nationals support move to deliver hundreds of extra workers for Victoria's under-resourced mental health workforce
Government needs to boost mental health support through simple reforms to get them through the lockdowns.
- New date set for the Erica Country Expo
The Erica Country Expo has been rescheduled to a new date due to ongoing public health concerns impacting the State, event will take place on the new date of Saturday 15 January 2022.
- No more excuses for Victorian Labor to delay worker fix for Gippsland farmers
The Andrews Labor Government has run out of excuses to delay fixing Victoria's farm worker shortage, after the Federal Government today confirmed details of Australia's ag visa program.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce to be established to help minimise the effects of the closure of power stations
Latrobe City Council is acting now to minimise the significant effects of the closure of power stations upon the municipality in the future.
- Latrobe City to continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North outdoor pools
Latrobe City Council will continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North Outdoor Pools following a review of the 2020/21 season.
- Robert Burns of Churchill promotes Latrobe City for 20 years as volunteer at local visitor information centre
Latrobe City Council has commemorated the contribution of a volunteer who has given 20 years of service.
- Calls for more caution after four people drown in Victoria at beginning of 2022
Water safety authorities are warning everyone to be smart and safe around the water to avoid turning holidays into casualties.
- Message from Russell Broadbent on NAIDOC Week 2021
Community is invited to support and celebrate the history, culture and achievements of the first people.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Ray Akers, Archie Towers, Ben Davies and the Junior Hive named in recognised at Wellington Shire Awards 2022
Recognising the advocacy of Mr Ray Akers as Citizen of the year and Mr Archie Towers as Young Citizen of the year through the Australia Day awars.
- Some of Australia's most popular newspapers now available online through Wellington Shire libraries
People can read the newspapers from any library or at home with a library card.
- Darren Chester says Latrobe Valley owed explanation from Dan Andrews on failed promise for 500 electric vehicle manufacturing jobs
Latrobe Valley community wants to know why members of the parliament refuse to participate in a local task force.
- Multi-million for bushfire recovery infrastructure projects is great news for East Gippsland
Funding announcements and grant received from council that would benefit the economy, as well as the community.
- Victorian system in crisis: More mental health workers needed to meet regional and metro demand
Today's mental health announcement from the Andrews Labor Government doesn't go anywhere near far enough to address Victoria's shadow pandemic.
- Big step forward for Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail to create an interactive sound and light 'Gondwana Garden'
A masterplan developed for the community to experience dinosaur discovery, learning and creativity, a journey that links together history, community, culture and environment
- Extraordinary backtrack means more time to speak up against draconian Dan Andrews Pandemic Bill
Peter Walsh MP opposing the bill and urging Victorians to speak up and stand up for their freedom.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Green light for Australia Day celebrations to go ahead in Latrobe City
Celebrations of culture, community and connectedness will go ahead on Australia Day at venues across Latrobe City.
Latest NewsMoe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Green light for Australia Day celebrations to go ahead in Latrobe City
Join in the Australia Day celebrations across Baw Baw Shire
Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Applications open for Gippsland Recycling centres grants up to $500,000 from Victorian government $40.9M Regional Recycling Fund