Gippsland › Latest news › Darren Chester MP
Federal funding of $3 million goes to DefendTex in Gippsland for Australia's first 3D printed space launching rocket boosters
Funding to conduct Australia's first 3D printed rocket booster for space in Gippsland.
The Federal Government is providing $3 million in funding through the Cooperative Research Centre Projects (CRC-P) to DefendTex to conduct Australia's first 3D printed rocket booster for space launch here in Gippsland.
Breakthrough space technology for Australian research consortium sees first successful Rotating Detonation Engine test bringing Australia closer to space
Filling the space gap
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester said the grant would help DefendTex to further develop and test their innovative technology with an eye to other markets. "DefendTex will use the funding to join with industry and research partners to address Australia's space industry capability gap where there are no commercially available, domestically manufactured rocket boosters for launch in Australia," Mr Chester said.
"While imported rocket boosters are available, the regulatory burden and cost combined with foreign government control on their use are all significant barriers. Filling this capability gap by domestically producing commercial rocket boosters will allow for responsive sovereign space launch to occur."
"The Additive Manufacturing approach results in substantial cost savings which translate to affordable space access for Australia's emerging space industry. The project also has the potential to grow jobs in Gippsland and build the local economy," Mr Chester also said.
Enabling domestic production
DefendTex CEO Travis Reddy said he was very grateful to receive the funding from the Federal government and the Cooperative Research Centre Program for investing in research which will have significant benefits for the Australian space industry. "The project will enable domestic production of commercial rocket boosters allowing for responsive access to space," Mr Reddy said.
DefendTex was one of two Gippsland companies to receive funding as part of this round of Cooperative Research Centres Projects (CRC-P). CRC-Ps can run up to three year and must have at least two Australian industry partners, including one small or medium sized business and one Australian research organisation partner.
For more information visit the short-term, industry-led research collaborations.
Pictures from DefendTex website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Traralgon-Maffra road across Latrobe City and Wellington Shire
Major upgrades for road improvements and driver's safety.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Bengworden Road in East Gippsland
Upgrades for safety and improved driving conditions that will also help support local jobs.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- Call to federal government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is calling on the Federal Government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland.
- Funding for surf lifesavers throughout Gippsland discussed by Darren Chester and Life Saving Victoria CEO Catherine Greaves
Discussion with the lifesaving clubs and members for ongoing funding for local surf lifesavers.
- Sale Cinema gets $35,000 funding from federal Supporting Cinema's Retention Endurance and Enhancement of Neighbourhoods program
A Gippsland independent cinema has received a financial boost thanks to Federal Government SCREEN Fund.
- Over $270,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in East Gippsland
Three Indigenous programs in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- Over $400,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in Wellington Shire
Five programs in Gippsland received funding under the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Funding to support that landcare facilitator roles in Gippsland and Eastern Victoria
Funding to support facilitator jobs that would help improve landcare and biodiversity.
- Disaster assistance from federal funding for Bass Coast and South Gippsland after severe storms
Financial support now available to local governments in Bass Coast and Gippsland.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Federal assistance of $7 million paid to Gippsland local governments for first quarter 2021-22
Local governments in Monash have received their first 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Omeo Rodeo gets $170,800 funding for facility upgrades from federal Bushfire Recovery Local Economic Recovery Program
Omeo Rodeo has modernised its facilities after receiving Federal Government funding.
- Men's sheds in Gippsland share $17,500 funding from National Shed Development federal program
Men's sheds in Gippsland have received a much-needed boost with funding from the Federal Government's National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
- Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Latrobe City Council is ready to partner with the new Labor Federal Government following the results of the Federal election over the weekend.
- Funding applications open for new $3M Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) federal program
The Morrison Government is investing more than $1 billion into the arts and creative sector in 2021‑22.
- Darren Chester in support of federal funding for improvement to Greenwattle Racecourse in Sale
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester and Sale Turf Club CEO Brad Evans discussing opportunities for Federal Government grants to support further upgrades at the Greenwattle Racecourse.
- Bairnsdale Aerodrome gets $9.9M federal funding from Black Summer Bushfire Recovery program
Federal government announced the multi-million dollar boost for bushfire impacted communities across East Gippsland Shire.
- Federal government will fund $182 million of road and rail works in Gippsland during 2022-23
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester (pictured) says the Federal Government will fund $182 million worth of road and rail work in the region during the 2022-23 financial year.
- Phillip island gets $144,000 in federal funding for new safety upgrades and improvements to roads
New road safety upgrades and improvements will be delivered in Monash thanks to funding from the Australian Government.
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Federal budget to support Gippsland's recovery with a focus on infrastructure spending and cost of living relief for local families
Darren Chester MP welcomes commitment to continue funding major infrastructure projects in Gippsland for local roads, bridges, community facilities and better telecommunication services
- Gippsland welcomes federal budget 2022-23 which includes a range of regional initiatives that will support region to grow and thrive
Federal budget 2022-23 release to continue support of growing Gippsland.
- Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve upgraded with $1.92M funding from federal and Victorian government Local Economic Recovery program
Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve will undergo a much-needed upgrade thanks to Federal and State Government funding.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Federal Local Economic Recovery program funds $1.4 million for improvements to Buchan streetscape in East Gippsland
Buchan streetscape will be upgraded thanks to Federal Government funding through the Local Economic Recovery Program.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Russell Northe calls for funding for Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium to become football centre of excellence
Call for government funding to utilise the sports entertainment centre and give good potential to help make Gippsland to become the football heartland.
- Wairewa Public Hall and Reserve gets $14,509 funding upgrades from federal Build Drought Resilience program
Two organisations in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Future Drought Fund's Networks to Build Drought Resilience program.
- Darren Chester secured $6.5M funding for Marine Parade in Lakes Entrance through federal government grant
One of Lakes Entrance's busiest roads will receive a $6.5 million facelift thanks to a Federal Government grant.
- Men's Sheds for West and East Gippsland get funding to continue improving the local men's health
Funding granted for more men's sheds across the region to help them build their connectivity and share their skills.
- Yarram airport in East Gippsland gets $300,000 federal funding to improve safety
Yarram Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $300,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Federal support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
The Coalition Government is bolstering support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- More than $15 million federal money spent to reduce mobile phone black spots across Gippsland
Gippslanders are safer, and the economy has prospered because of more than $15 million being spent to reduce mobile phone black spots, according to the Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- New cancer treatment centre for West Gippsland Hospital coming as health group gets $4.5M funding from federal coalition government for build
A new cancer treatment centre to be built at West Gippsland Health Group will change lives and improve regional health outcomes thanks to funding from the Federal Coalition Government.
- Federal government provides $131.8M for local road maintenance in West and Central Gippsland under the Roads to Recovery funding
Local road maintenance in Monash will receive a boost thanks to funding under the Australian government's Roads to Recovery Program.
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- Sarsfield and Ensay get $5.9M funding for additional community projects from the Black Summer bushfires program
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says two additional community projects worth $5.9 million will receive funding to support the ongoing recovery from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Metung Hot Springs upgrades progressing well with funding from private investment and federal Local Economic Recovery Program
Work on the multi-million dollar Metung Hot Springs is progressing well with local MP Darren Chester saying the project will create jobs and transform the East Gippsland visitor economy.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Proposals and ideas wanted on how to best use federal funding from 'Local Jobs Program' for Gippsland
Support program on improving jobseeker skills and employment pathways.
- Raymond Island Koala population and native wildlife gets $1.3M federal funding to improve facility accessible and revegetation of area
Raymond Island's koala population and native wildlife has received a major boost as part of a $1.3 million initiative funded by all levels of government.
- Mallacoota-Genoa road gets $10M in federal government funding to improve safety and resilience
Work to improve the resilience and safety of the Mallacoota-Genoa Road.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Gippsland Cancer Care Centre to get new Linear Accelerator as part of $11M funding package from the Victorian 2022/23 budget
Regional cancer patients will have access to brand new radiotherapy services closer to home, thanks to a massive funding boost in the Victorian Budget 2022/23.
- Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project gets $2.5M federal funding to improve pathway to Gippsland water security
The Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project will receive $2.5 million in federal government funding.
- Gippsland small to medium exporters can apply for federal Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) to co-fund international marketing and promotional expenses
Russell Broadbent MP has urged exporters in Monash to take advantage of the Coalition Government's improved export grants program.
- Russell Northe argues for more funding projects in Latrobe Valley be included in Andrews Labor government Victorian 2022-23 budget
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe says he is hopeful of a number of projects in the Morwell electorate being funded through the state governments budget which is handed down next Tuesday 3 May.
- Federal Tourism Minister Dan Teham MP joins One Gippsland as board member
One Gippsland has welcomed an influential new member with Destination Gippsland joining the Board to help drive the alliance's tourism agenda.
- Bairnsdale airport in East Gippsland gets $220,000 federal funding for upgrade
Bairnsdale Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $220,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Veteran health and wellbeing funding via 'Supporting Younger Veterans' grant for West and South Gippsland
Grants offered for the support to our young veterans mental health and wellbeing.
- Darren Chester calls for federal and state governments to list Great Alpine Road as strategically importance so additional funding can be accessed
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says a multi-year program of upgrades is needed to improve safety on one of Gippsland's most important arterial roads.
- Neerim District Health Service Aged Care Facility gets $5M funding for upgrade from federal Community Development Grants Program
Morrison government's commitment to redevelopment and upgrade of the Neerim District Health Service Aged Care facility.
- Federal program of regional grants like Building Better Regions Fund need overhaul
The Federal Government should overhaul its regional grants funding programs which are failing to deliver fair outcomes for communities like Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Federal budget 2022-23 will drive economic growth for towns and communities in West and South Gippsland
Significant funding commitments in the 2022-23 Budget will drive the growth of towns and communities across Monash, creating jobs and driving our economic growth into the future.
- Gippsland and Latrobe Valley to benefit from federal Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs fund
The Federal Government's $1.2 billion hydrogen investment is set to boost economic activity and jobs in regional Australia.
- Laurina Lodge in Heyfield and Stretton Park in Maffra get funding boost from 2020 federal Aged Care Approvals Round
Two aged care facilities in Wellington will benefit from funding as part of the 2020 Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR).
- Federal budget 2022-23 and the plan to strengthen West and South Gippsland
Summaries of 2022-23 budget and funding across West and South Gippsland.
- Federal 'Building Better Regions Fund' invests $9.9M in Leongatha, Korumburra, Toora, Koo Wee Rup, Cowes and Woolamai Beach
Project funding that would create jobs for locals and will support the economic and social recovery of the region.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations awarded funding from Community Infrastructure Grant Program from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital gets $217M funding for its expansion through the Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA)
Latrobe Regional Hospital expansion means additional facilities that will give support to the region's increasing and complex health demands.
- Federal government backs largest indoor Barramundi aquaculture farm at Latrobe Valley with $30M funding
The Latrobe Valley will become home to the world's largest indoor barramundi aquaculture farm with a $30 million boost from the federal government.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- TAFE Gippsland gets $4 million upgrade from 'TAFE Asset Maintenance Fund' to cater for growing enrolments at Warragul Campus
Warragul students will soon move into new state-of-the-art facilities at TAFE Gippsland, funded by the Andrews Labor Government.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- Former Australian Federal Police officer Dale Potter from Seaspray amongst first to get psychiatric trained assistance dog
Former Australian Federal Police (AFP) officer Dale Potter from Seaspray, is amongst the first people to receive a psychiatric trained assistance dog from the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA).
- Andrews Labor Government must increase funding so Victorian school students get mental health support they need
Labor needs to fund additional mental health support for the primary schools to give the young people the mental health support they need.
- Grants for Gippsland art organisations available from federal Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART)
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA) is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from Batch 1 of the Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- One Gippsland submits freight fast-track, tourism recovery, digital connectivity and job creation as funding priorities 2022/23 to governments
A number of local projects have been identified that will work to increase the liveability and prosperity of our regional cities and local towns.
- Grant applications open for $34.2 million federal Future Drought Fund's Drought Resilience Innovation Grants program
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now open for organisations to apply for projects to manage and prepare for drought.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- Leadership training providers in West and South Gippsland needed to apply for federal Building Resilient Regional Leaders Initiative pilot program
Applications for funding to support current and emerging regional leaders to develop leadership and resilience skills are now open,eligible training providers are encouraged to send their applications for the grant.
- Apply now for federal 'Smart Farms Small Grants' of upto $250,000 to do two-year soil extension activities on local farms
The national soil strategy is a government funding that prioritises soil health, empowers soil innovation and stewards, and strengthens soil knowledge and capability to improve soil management for better profit.
- Further $10 million allocation to upgrade and replace bridges in Australia through federal government's Bridges Renewal Program (BRP)
More bridges in Gippsland will be eligible to be replaced as part of the Federal Government's Bridges Renewal Program (BRP).
- Great Southern Rail Trail to be extended with $6 million funding from Regional Infrastructure Fund
Boosting tourism while creating jobs for the locals through the Gippsland track and trails project.
- Federal government grants MediPharm Labs in Wonthaggi to $466,577 and create more local manufacturing jobs
Grant to modernize a local company, MediPharm Labs to create greater efficiency and competitiveness.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Gippsland rural airstrips and aerodromes can apply for grants of between $5,000 and $3M from federal Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program
The guidelines for round nine of the federal government,s Remote Airstrip Upgrade program have now been released.
- Landholders in East Gippsland to develop wildlife refuges with $1 million grant to 'Trust for Nature' as part of bushfire recovery
The Federal Government is backing local landholders and communities in East Gippsland to lead the way in bushfire recovery through a $1 million grant to support the regeneration of impacted plants and animals.
- Forest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Council seeking for community feedback on Forest Park in Orbost project.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Orbost Tennis Club gets to redevelop with $324,000 funding from Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
Orbost Tennis Club secured funding for development.
- York Street Revitalisation project gets $11.68 M federal funding for Wellington Shire
Major upgrade of York Street to entice travelling motorists to stop and explore Sale, as well as improve ride quality and traffic safety, is a step closer to being completed.
- Cunninghame Arm community-driven project in Lakes Entrance boardwalk gets $5.8M federal government funding to make it work for all-abilities
Work to construct an all-abilities boardwalk and shared pathway around the shores of Cunninghame Arm in Lakes Entrance will start this year thanks to $5.8 million in federal government funding.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA) gets $7.5M additional funding via Victorian Ladder - Step Up program to create more jobs
The Andrews Labor government will keep helping create more jobs in the Latrobe Valley, with another $7.5 million investment in the Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA).
- Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale receives $2M facility upgrade from federal government
The Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale will receive a $2 million boost if the federal coalition government is returned on Saturday.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Gippsland small and medium businesses can partake in $400 million of support from 'Victorian Business Support Package'
A new jointly funded package from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments will give Victorian small and medium businesses the extra support and confidence they need to recover from the recent lockdown.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Landcare Australia gets bushfire environmental recovery boost of $3.8 million from federal wildlife and habitat recovery for East Gippsland
Nearly 20 projects in East Gippsland will receive funding to aid the recovery of native wildlife and habitat severely impacted by the 2019/20 black summer bushfires.
- Development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage in Gippsland get $42.9M funding from federal government
The Coalition government is backing the development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage technologies in Victoria's Gippsland region, providing job and economic growth opportunities for the community.
- East Gippsland gets $2M through Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile voice and data connectivity
The Federal Member for Gippsland has welcomed over $2 million of funding in this year's budget to improve connectivity in East Gippsland, in partnership with Telstra.
- Gippsland motorists robbed of life-saving road upgrades as state and federal government dithers
Government failing to fast track the road safety upgrades putting regional communities in critical functioning.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Chelle Destefano of Wonthaggi gets Federal Regional Arts Fund Project grant strengthen artistic and creative practice
Funding that will provide opportunities for artists and arts workers to cultivate creative community.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- Gippsland lifesaver Barrie Smith of Seaspray and Alpine First Aid and Training recognised in Life Saving Victoria Awards of Excellence
Local lifesavers and facilities from the Gippsland region have been recognised in Life Saving Victoria's (LSV's) 2021 Awards of Excellence.
- Tambo Waste gets $993,000 from federal Recycling Modernisation fund to improve materials recycling facility in Bairnsdale
A Gippsland business will upgrade its facilities to improve recycling capabilities thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Baw Baw Civic Precinct initial development gets $3.5M funding from Victorian government Growing Suburbs Fund
A landmark community precinct for the people of Warragul is now a step closer to reality, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- East Gippsland motorists encouraged to submit first-hand reports via an online portal for Vote for Victoria's Worst Road campaign
Three-month campaign to Vote for Victoria's Worst Road asks motorists to submit first-hand condition reports via an online portal to list the most dangerous hazards risking lives on our roads every single day.
- Bullock Island bridge replacement progressing well and well worth $5M funding from federal government
Federal government provided $5 million for the Bullock Island bridge replacement and associated road works which is part of the master plan for the popular island.
- Murray Street and Biggs Drive intersection upgrade gets $650,000 funding from Blackspot Program 2021/22 and Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to Unlock Opportunities in Wonthaggi, with significant pedestrian safety upgrade works on the intersection of Murray Street and Biggs Drive about to get underway.
- Latrobe City Council calls on federal candidates to secure $3.25M to complete in Traralgon Flood Recovery Project
Latrobe City Council is calling on Federal candidates to invest in the Traralgon Flood Recovery Project across Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Glenview Park.
- Morwell Centenary Rose Garden greatly improved by Friends of Garden with funding from Latrobe City Council and Advance Morwell
Morwell Centenary Rose Garden receiving and appreciating funding support from the council to complete the installation of permanent bricks edging around garden beds.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- GippSport gets $849,930 to support young disengaged Gippslanders from federal government's Safer Communities Fund
A program to support disengaged young people has received a funding boost thanks to the Federal Government.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Duplication of Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale gets federal and Victorian government $250M funding for final stage
Princes Highway duplication project, a major milestone with traffic switched to the new section at Flynn.
- Paynesville Slip Road Maritime Precinct on Burrabogie Island upgrade underway with $6.1M funding from Victorian and federal government grants
Paynesville's much-anticipated Slip Road Maritime Precinct project on Burrabogie Island is progressing, with work on an improved design set to begin.
- Multi-million for bushfire recovery infrastructure projects is great news for East Gippsland
Funding announcements and grant received from council that would benefit the economy, as well as the community.
- Leongatha and District Historical Society shares in $14,460 funding to preserve wartime heritage
Funding provided by the government to preserve the warfare heritage.
- Gippsland students can apply for up to $18,000 assistance via Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging local students needing financial assistance to apply for round six of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program.
- East Gippsland Men's sheds encouraged to apply for grants up to $80,000 to improve facilities via 2022-23 Men's Shed Funding Program
Men's Sheds grants that support the establishment, expand or refurbish existing sheds across the state are now open.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Funding for works on the rail trail from Bairnsdale to Orbost.
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- LED lights to be installed at Darnum Recreation Reserve with $200,000 funding from Victorian Country Football Netball Program
The AFL Oval and Netball Courts at Darnum Recreation Reserve will soon undergo much needed upgrades with the installation of new light towers and LED light fittings throughout the facility.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets $4.2M bushfire recovery funding for improvement and upgrades
The Buchan Recreation Reserve will receive a $4.2 million facelift after an additional $3 million in bushfire recovery funding was secured this week.
- Darren Chester to proudly contest the seat of Gippsland in federal election on 21 May 2022
The Prime Minister has called a Federal election for May 21 and I will be contesting the seat of Gippsland.
- Support for Gippsland manufacturers to create jobs via Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI)
Funding and support to boost manufacturing sector and guidelines for support application.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Call for Gippslanders to help by donating blood or plasma made by Darren Chester
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to roll up their sleeves and donate blood or plasma.
- NYE on the Hill 2021 three day festival near Loch Village in South Gippsland gets $178,200 from federal Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand Fund
Receiving support from the government to give more opportunities to the arts sector, as well as job opportunities for the community.
- Million dollar cuts to Victorian agriculture is cruel disappointment to farmers as Andrews Labor government slashes funding
Pet census and a destructive plan to shut down the native timber industry are the biggest ticket items for agriculture in a Labor state budget that's a cruel disappointment for Victorian farmers.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- East Gippsland Conservation Management Network gets $200,663 via Environment Restoration Fund to enhance protection of threatened Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies
East Gippsland Conservation Management Network (EGCMN) will improve protection for Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies in Gippsland thanks to federal government funding.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre officially opened by Minister for Regional Development Mary-Anne Thomas as centerpiece of the $42M Latrobe Creative Precinct
The much-anticipated Gippsland Performing Arts Centre has opened its doors to the public, with the state-of-the-art space to become a drawcard for locals and visitors bringing top acts to the region.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Proud. That's the best way to describe the Tambo Crossing community at the official opening of their new multi-purpose facility last Friday afternoon.
- West and central Gippsland gets $480M for 4G and 5G wireless upgrade from Morrison government in 2022-23 federal budget
Electorate of Monash will have access to a significantly more capable NBN network following a $480 million investment by the Morrison Government in the 2022-23 Federal Budget.
- Russell Broadbent opposes federal parliament attempt to remove the Lord's Prayer
Debate for the 'Lord's Prayer' to retain by the parliament.
- Historic Snowy River railway trestle bridge gets $1.05M for restoration from federal Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has secured extra funding for the restoration of the historic Snowy River railway trestle bridge as part of a bushfire recovery program.
- New Maryvale Mill Energy from Waste Facility will add local jobs from federal government's $48.2M investment through Modern Manufacturing Initiative program
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's commitment of $48.2 million to the energy from waste facility at the Maryvale Mill through the Modern Manufacturing Initiative.
- One Gippsland announces new leadership with Kellie O'Callaghan as Chair and Ian Bye Mayor as Deputy Chair
One Gippsland has elected a new Chair and Deputy Chair to lead the alliance through 2022 ahead of the Federal and Victorian elections.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Gippsland to share in $3B Victorian economy boost from 2026 Commonwealth Games
Gippsland is set to shine on the world sporting stage in 2026, with the region being confirmed as one of the four regional hubs to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Gippsland hydrogen cluster launched and well positioned to be a key player
The Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster was launched today during an online event by its auspicing body the Committee for Gippsland.
- TAFE Gippsland Warragul campus upgrade complete and now world-class training facility
The Andrews Labor government has completed its multimillion-dollar upgrade of TAFE Gippsland's Warragul campus, giving local jobseekers the chance to train in world-class facilities before entering a rewarding career.
- Gippsland performing arts centre in Traralgon officially opens
Opening Night of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre, community gathers to breathe life into our new creative precinct.
- Gippslanders urged to visit Sale in October to see Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award - Archibald Prize
Entries on Young Archie 2021 exhibition in Gippsland are on exhibition on Level 2 of the Gippsland Art Gallery, from 27 Sep - 21 Nov 2021.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- Further support for Gippsland job seekers with the extension of employment facilitator services
Funding to support and employ local job-seekers and facilitators.
- One Gippsland says 2022/23 Victorian budget will help boost to recovery of region
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian government's broader investment in health, economic recovery and support for First Nations Victorians.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre program ready for March 2022 opening
The stage is almost set for world-class shows and entertainment as construction of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre (GPAC) nears completion ready for the March 2022 opening.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt to glow purple for victims of domestic and family violence
The West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt will be lit up purple this Wednesday 4 May in memory of the lives of women and children lost to domestic and family violence.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth clear walking track at Mt Worth State Park
Volunteers from the West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth have come together for a working bee to clear the walking track at Mt Worth State Park on Tuesday morning.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- Sale RSL receives $120,000 improvement grant from federal government under Veteran and Community Grants program
The home of Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale is about to receive a new roof thanks to a $120,000 Federal Government grant.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- East Gippsland small businesses can apply for support from $1M LaunchME program
Small businesses in East Gippsland will have access to services to help grow and sustain their businesses through the LaunchME program.
- East Gippsland welcomes new citizens in Bairnsdale for April 2022
East Gippsland's newest citizens have been officially welcomed at citizenship ceremony in Bairnsdale on Tuesday 26 April.
- New Gippsland culinary experiences at Sardine Cantina in Paynesville and Sodafish in Lakes Entrance
Put a pin in your foodie maps, new Gippsland culinary experiences await.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for Australia Day 2022
East Gippsland has welcomed 14 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held on Australia Day - Wednesday, January 26.
- Fit out underway for Gippsland Performing Arts Centre as part of $18.5 million upgrade
Improving Gippsland Performing Arts Centre that is designed for better experience that can also serve as asset to the region.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for September 2021
East Gippsland has welcomed 12 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held this morning, coinciding with Australian Citizenship Day - Friday, September 17.
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy received $40,000 to connect carers from across Gippsland through formal and informal peer support programs
Local unpaid carers who selflessly support their loved ones will receive more support from the Victorian Government to help care for their own wellbeing.
- Gippsland live performance presenters and suppliers can apply for state support from event cancellations between May and September
The Victorian Government is providing more support for live performance events that have been cancelled due to the recent coronavirus restrictions.
- Gippsland state-owned schools, health and service organisations directed to move regional banks accounts to CBA, NAB and Westpac
State-owned schools, health services and organisations have been directed to close accounts with smaller regional banks and transfer funds to Commonwealth, Westpac or NAB banks.
- Gippsland government schools can apply for state funded solar panels through Greener Government School Buildings program
Applications for the school solar panel system are now open.
- Gippsland not-for-profit kindergardens can apply for grants from $7.5M from state government fund to improve ventilation
Victorian Government is helping kindergarten services across Eastern Victoria reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, with support for better ventilation measures to help keep children and staff COVIDSafe.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- Gippsland hospitality businesses will stay shut on Friday from unworkable rules imposed by Andrews Labor government
Ease of restriction given to Victoria is not enough to keep businesses to stay open and recover.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Gippsland tourism peak body aligns with Tourism Australia and encouraging vaccinations
National response for COVID-19, protecting yourself and the community.
- Gippsland residents reminded to submit photographs the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar
Encouraging photographers and the community to send their photograph entry for the calendar.
- Gippsland Country Music Festival returns to Mossvale Park in South Gippsland
Family-friendly, all-ages festival that showcases Australia's best country music including well-known legendary artists as well as the most exciting up-and-coming live acts.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Darren Chester urges Timber Towns Victoria Roundtable to get involved in the federal election campaign with jobs and environmental messages
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has told a Timber Towns Victoria Roundtable 'we need to keep fighting to save our timber industry because people and wildlife die in poorly managed forests'.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- Bairnsdale Airport gets $340,000 grant for water main upgrade from federal Regional Airports Program and East Gippsland Shire Council
Work is underway at Bairnsdale Airport to replace the site's ageing water mains.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- East Gippslanders dismayed by bushfire recovery grants program
Council disappointment on the recovery grants for bush fire damages, requesting urgent review on bush fire recovery funding allocation for Gippsland.
- Noojie residents to get a better connection from federal roll-out of $257M Regional Connectivity Program
Residents of Noojee will soon be better connected following a successful application for funding under Round 2 of the Regional Connectivity Program.
- Mallacoota Bowls Club gets $85,000 grant from federal Black Summer Bushfires program for new greens
Mallacoota Bowls Club volunteers are celebrating an $85,000 win with a Federal Government grant to help replace synthetic greens damaged in the Black Summer bushfires.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- Best Gippsland caravan parks for amazing beach, river and bushland holidays in 2022
From soaring high country vistas to beaches that stretch on forever, lush rainforest and a labyrinth of limestone caves, Gippsland was made for caravanning.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- Giant Gippsland Earthworms and Hooded Plovers get $500,000 from Morrison government Threatened Species Strategy Action Plan
Community-led program that aims to conserve, restore and protect native wildlife that share the same habitat.
- Extension of First Home Loan Deposit Scheme supports Gippslanders achieve their dream of owning a home
Support for those who plan to buy and own a home.
- Andrew Giles MP promises $10M to Stage two of Gippsland Logistics Precinct project ahead of federal election
Latrobe City Council has welcomed a $10 million election promise to progress the Gippsland Logistics Precinct from the Labor Party ahead of the Federal election.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- Extra $1.6 million for critical child care services in West and South Gippsland
Government assistance committed to giving access to families for a quality child care.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Sun sets on Gippsland life saving patrols in 2022 as busiest lifesaving season in Victoria ends
The red and yellow flags will be taken down on Gippsland clubs and state-wide beaches for the last time this season, ending Victoria's busiest lifesaving season to date.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- East Gippsland hockey players score synthetic pitch for WORLD Sporting Precinct in Bairnsdale
Significant improvement done to the facilities of Women's Organisation for Recreation, Leisure and Development (WORLD) sporting precinct.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for November 2021
St Mary's Parish Centre in Bairnsdale was beaming with smiles today as 11 East Gippslanders officially became Australian citizens.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- People with an eating disorder to get more support with $20M funding from Victorian government
More Victorians living with an eating disorder will receive the support they need to recover and live happy, healthy lives, thanks to record investment from the Andrews Labor government.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- Applications wanted for second round federal Networks to build drought resilience fund
Applications for the second round of the Networks to Build Drought Resilience program have now opened.
- Low-income Gippsland households can apply for $1,000 rebate to replace old heaters from state government 'Home Heating and Cooling Upgrade' program
Heating upgrade grant to support low-income households.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Mallacoota Gun Club gets $9000 for new solar power system from federal government funding
Funding for the re-establishment of the facility.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Applications open for Gippsland Recycling centres grants up to $500,000 from Victorian government $40.9M Regional Recycling Fund
Recycling centres across regional Victoria including in Gippsland can apply for grants of up to $500,000 for infrastructure upgrades as part of Round One of the $40.9 million Regional Recycling Fund.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Northe calls for Gippsland hospice care facility in Latrobe Valley and proposed Hazelwood House in Churchill
Message from Mr Russell Northe MP to Gippsland Hospice Family to advocate for the consideration of a dedicated hospice for the region.
- Fare freeze in Gippsland thaws increasing cost for passengers taking train or bus
Gippsland line passengers will pay more to take the train or bus from today, with public transport fees set to rise.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- Everyone to enjoy Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre in Traralgon regardless of ability or language with introduction of Access Key
Latrobe City Council delivers Access Key to customise accessibility to Gippsland Aquatic Centre (GRAC) in Traralgon
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Art arrives at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for Archibald Prize exhibition opening
Archibald Prize at Gippsland Art Gallery starts on Friday 8 October to 21 November 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- Shooting clubs across Gippsland to benefit from Victorian government's 'Shooting Sports Facilities Program'
Shooting clubs across Eastern Victoria are celebrating after securing funding to upgrade their facilities.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- Thirty-five East Gippsland communities get strengthened disaster telecommunications
Thirty-five East Gippsland communities will soon receive telecommunications systems to help ensure resilient communications are available during emergency events.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Monaro Highway in East Gippsland is rapidly deteriorating and requires urgent attention from Victoria's road management
The Monaro Highway, a critical freight route in and out of East Gippsland, is the latest in the local roads network requiring urgent attention with local Nationals MP.
- SEED Lakeside Community Garden creator Shae Wilson gets $59,500 federal grant to support social and emotional health
SEED Lakeside Community Garden in Sale will benefit from funding from the Federal Government.
- Join South Gippsland Australia Day Short Film and Photography competition for 2022
Short film and photography competition hosted by the council that will be shown in Leongatha cinema.
- Victorian and Gippsland farmers bumper harvest at risk as hard lockdowns make worsen labour shortages
Victorian farmers' hopes of a record-breaking harvest are at risk while COVID restrictions continue to wreak havoc with availability of farm labourers.
- Celebrating a million ways to be a woman online part of International Women's Day from Latrobe City Council
As part of International Women's Day, Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to join in celebrating the contribution of women across the municipality.
- Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project gets $2.98M support from federal government and Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $2.98 million commitment to the Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project by Zero Degrees Rosella.
- Fit outs continue on Gippsland Performing Arts Centre with completion expected by end of 2021
Works to complete the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre exterior and the interior fit out are continuing.
- Feedback wanted from Gippslanders on Connecting Victoria survey from state government
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian Government's ground-breaking Connecting Victoria Engagement Report that outlines the digital connectivity issues in regional Victoria.
- Latrobe City in Gippsland ready to host 2026 Commonwealth Games events and get economic and tourism boost
Premier's announcing Latrobe City as host city to the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Regions like Gippsland out of lockdown but it's the lockdown they didn't need to have
Truth about the COVID-19 information hidden to the Victorians.
- West and South Gippsland residents and business share in $300M in COVID-related payments
COVID-19 Payments details that have been distributed across west and south Gippsland.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- Envite Environment in Nowa Nowa protecting rare plant Boggy Creek Bottlebrush with Bushfire Recovery Grant funding via Landcare Australia
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester (left) with Abi Wills and Matt Kennedy from Envite Environment at Nowa Nowa where a rare species of callistemon is being mapped and protected.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street to get raised pedestrian crossing part with $128,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council
In a first for Bass Coast, a raised pedestrian crossing will be constructed at the intersection of Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street in Inverloch this month.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's biggest survey to understand regional needs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's Biggest Survey.
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Regional kids including Gippsland still locked out of the classroom, but the Andrew's Labor state government won't tell us why
Andrews Labor Government's decision to force students in regional communities into remote learning.
- Victorian including Gippsland farmers' livelihood at risk while worker deal is stranded on Premier's desk
The Labor government is putting the agricultural sector into crisis, dismissing famers' calls for help.
- Celebrate East Gippsland Winter Festival from 17 June to 10 July 2022
Embrace the chill of the season in an abundant celebration of art, wine, local produce and live music across East Gippsland from 17 June to 10 July 2022.
- Princes Highway through East Gippsland gets $3.6M upgrade to improve road safety and resilience
A $3.6 million upgrade to one of the worst sections of the Princes Highway will improve safety and resilience of the key transport link, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Housing crisis grips Gippsland as rental availability drops to nearly 50%
A review by One Gippsland has revealed a critical accommodation shortage across the region. The decrease in availavility has lead to massive increae in households seeking social housing assistance.
- Regions in Victoria like Gippsland need a guaranteed positive way forward crippling 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown
The time has come to guarantee a positive way forward for regional Victorian communities that have been crippled by 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown.
- New Australian Agriculture Worker Visa from Liberal and National federal will be a boon for west and south Gippsland
Farmers and primary producers in Monash are a step closer to benefitting from the Liberal and National Government's new Australian Agriculture Worker Visa.
- More cutting-edge equipment for Gippsland Tech School to deliver more innovative STEM learning programs
The Gippsland Tech School will soon be more high-tech to support Victorian Tech Schools to buy new equipment and deliver more innovative STEM learning programs.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Three awesome Gippsland seafood restaurants to try in 2022
Seafood restaurants you should visit in Gippsland.
- Bass Coast Council to promote Advocacy Priorities to candidates for Federal Election on Saturday 21 May 2022
Federal election set for Saturday, 21 May, Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to promote its advocacy priorities to all candidates.
- Councils in West and South Gippsland will share in $2.1B Commonwealth Cash Boost for flooding and COVID-19 recovery
Five councils in the Monash electorate will benefit from the Australian government's $2.1 billion pre-payment on next year's Financial Assistance Grant to all councils across Australia.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Supported living units at Mirridong Services in Yarram with $2.32M grant from federal Building Better Regions Fund
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened two new supported living units at Mirridong Services in Yarram.
- Grants from $5,000 to $70,000 available for shows and field days via federal Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program
Round two of the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program opens on January 28, 2022.
- Feedback wanted from Gippsland dairy farmers on Dairy Code of Conduct
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippsland dairy farmers to have their say on the Dairy Code of Conduct.
- Brumby carcasses found by locals in East Gippsland bush requires explanation from Andrews Labor government about culling program
Following reports of brumby carcasses being found in the East Gippsland bush, local Nationals MP, Tim Bull, has asked the Environment Minister to come clean on the details of the program.
- Russell Broadbent's Gippsland school leavers' guide for those graduating in 2021
Assistance for graduates to have innovative solutions for their future.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- New home for Maffra Neighbourhood House with $54,345 from federal Building Better Regions Fund
Maffra Neighbourhood House will have its own dedicated facility thanks to funding from the Federal Government.
- Flood study of Morwell and surrounds funded $26,000 through federal Risk and Resilience Grants Program
A flood study of Morwell and surrounding areas will be undertaken thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Restoring shellfish reef ecosystems in Gippsland Lakes will help protect environment and boost local jobs and tourism
A new native shellfish reef will bring new life to the Gippsland Lakes as well as providing a boost of up to 25 local jobs and enhancing tourism and recreation.
- Regions in Victorians like Gippsland should be released from the seven-day lockdown says Peter Walsh
Misinformation about the COVID test resulted in the statewide lockdown.
- Upgrades and specialist equipment for Gippsland early childhood education centres via Victorian government Building Blocks Inclusion fund
Upgrades to early childhood education centres and specialist equipment to help improve learning outcomes.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Chocolate, beer and medicine face massive supply disruptions over Christmas if the nation's largest timber pallet manufacturer is denied access to timber.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Support will focus on restoring Victoria's reputation as a manufacturing powerhouse prioritising support for industries.
- South East Melbourne Phoenix migrates to Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium in Traralgon for 2022 NBL season
South East Melbourne Phoenix takes a match against the Adelaide 36ers at the new-look stadium, million dollar upgraded Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS).
- Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli
Successful applicants of Lone Pine seedling to receive the seedlings in time to celebrate the Centenary of the Republic of Turkey.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Darren Chester encourages eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Glengarry Mechanics Institute $250,000 upgrades funded from federal Drought Communities Program completed
Upgrade works for the Glengarry Mechanics' Institute has been completed making the hall more user friendly for community events and celebrations.
- Em Rusciano performs at West Gippsland Arts Centre for International Women's Day in March 2022
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women while calling for gender equity and an end to gender-based discrimination and violence.
- Nationals alternative roadmap for Victoria and Gippsland to reopen, rebuild and recover out of COVID restrictions delivers certainty and positivity
Victorians are looking for an iron-clad guarantee on the road to reopen, rebuild and recover.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Airfield road in Traralgon to be made safer through federal 2021-22 black spot program
A popular Traralgon road will receive safety upgrades, thanks to the Federal Government.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Putting Patients First program from Andrews Labor government forgets to fund a new West Gippsland Hospital
The 2022-23 State Budget, with the slogan "Putting Patients First", has failed to deliver a new Hospital for West Gippsland.
- Students in regional Victoria such as Gippsland should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom
Students in regional Victoria should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Lake Tyers Aboriginal Trust to minimise bushfire risks with $100,000 from federal Risk and Resilience Grants Program
Works to minimise bushfire risks around Lake Tyers will be undertaken thanks to Federal Government funding.
- How Labor is helping regional communities like Gippsland recover from storms
Funding made available to help communities recover from the storm.
- Watch for wildlife throughout Gippsland in warmer weather such as Magpies and snakes
Knowing more about the wildlife and how we can help protect them.
- Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants East rip off for Gippsland may be avoided says Darren Chester
The Federal Government is backing away from a plan which would have short-changed bushfire impacted communities in East Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Sun Cinema in Bairnsdale receives $60,000 as financial boost thanks to federal government SCREEN fund
A Gippsland independent cinema has received a financial boost thanks to the federal government's SCREEN Fund.
- Exemption to current travel restrictions in South Gippsland available to those needing to carry out summer fire preparation activities
Travel permit applications that take between 2 - 5 business days to process, if sufficient time is not allowed for processing, this will result in your application being rejected.
- Community invites to attend updates on major priorities for Victorian and federal government to support in Baw Baw Shire
All members of the Baw Baw Shire community are invited to attend or tune in to an open briefing on Wednesday 11 May which will provide an update on council's ongoing advocacy initiatives.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Moe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Funding received from the government for changing areas at Apex Park.
- Enrolments for Free TAFE in Gippsland up by 29 percent for 2020
More than 13,000 jobseekers enrolled in the Andrews Labor Government's Free TAFE initiative across TAFE Gippsland, Box Hill Institute and Chisholm Institute last year, making rewarding career pathways a reality for thousands of Victorians.
- Andrews Labor government walks away from promised East Gippsland plantation nursery flagging catastrophic building material shortages
The Andrews Labor government has walked away from a promise to establish a plantation nursery in East Gippsland today.
- Latrobe Valley Barramundi Farming by Opal and Mainstream at Maryvale Mill get $30M federal funding
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $30 million announcement for Opal and Mainstream's Latrobe Valley Aquaculture project at Maryvale Mill.
- Archibald Prize 2021 has opened at the Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for next 45 days
Archibald Prize opens at Gippsland Art Gallery and portraits featured.
- AusNet Services developing infrastructure to support Gippsland Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council
AusNet Services today presented its plans for developing infrastructure to support Gippsland's Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council.
- Maffra's Cameron Sporting Complex $9.5 million redevelopment in Wellington Shire officially opened
After a number of frustrating cancellations due to Covid-19 restrictions, an official opening was finally held today for the Cameron Sporting Complex redevelopment.
- Wellington shire residents now eligible for storm recovery assistance from Federal government
Funding to provide assistance to the residents affected by the storm in their recovery process.
- Free pair of glasses for 176 students across West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor Victorian government
One thousand more Victorian students can now see more clearly and concentrate better at school, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government's free Glasses for Kids program.
- Woolamai Surf Life Saving clubs in South Gippsland celebrate leadership and achievements of women
State-wide initiative, lifesavers from across Victoria, banded together in pink on the weekend to celebrate female leadership in lifesaving.
- How Labor's tax hike will slug Gippsland farmers, families and businesses
Victorians pay the highest land taxes in Australia, but still the government is hiking them up even further.
- The Andrews Labor government invests $5.7 million for new social housing homes in Drouin and Morwell
Government investment to provide support housing for the less advantaged people.
- Farmers asked to share their views as East Gippsland Agriculture Sector Advisory Committee finalised
New appointed committee members and farmers survey completion to better assist the agricultural sector.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- Vixens to play two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February
Gippsland netball fans are in for a treat this month, with the Vixens playing two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February.
- Andrews Labor government axes Agriculture Victoria 145 jobs when Gippsland food and fibre sector will be crucial part of Victoria's recover economy
The Andrews Labor Government has axed 145 jobs from Agriculture Victoria, at a time when the $17.8 billion food and fibre sector will be crucial to recover and rebuild Victoria's economy.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Safer speed limit for Forge creek Road in East Gippsland to reduce its unenviable crash and trauma record
A new 80km/h speed limit will be introduced on Forge Creek Road from Monday, August 23, to help tackle its unenviable crash and trauma record.
- Farming for Success 2022 Agriculture Gippsland wide conference in Sale 8 March 2022
Wellington Shire to host the agriculture conference "Farming for Success 2002 on 8 March.
- Young Archie 2021 exhibition now open at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale
Gippslanders will get a unique first look at Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award when the Archibald Prize opens in Sale next week.
- First stage of Omeo Mountain Bike Trail that will put alpine towns on the map to be completed by December 2023
Work is set to begin on a network of trails that will turn Omeo into a mecca for mountain bikers.
- Lakes Entrance recognised wins Top Tourism Town Awards with East Gippsland towns Paynesville and Mallacoota placing high
East Gippsland towns being on top of the tourism awards.
- Dog friendly holiday accommodation in Gippsland when planning your next family break
Dog lovers, think beyond accommodation where you're permitted to bring your dog, to next-level pooch-dedicated resorts.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Sale air show to get flying start for Gippsland in 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
An event that would give chance to reconnection of former air force colleagues, attract visitors that would also give boost to the economy.
- Parks Minister Lily D'Ambrosio should apologise to East Gippsland businesses for slow response to repair bushfire damage
New staff to help repair infrastructure damaged during the two-year ago bushfires has finally been announced.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Replacement of Downies Bridge timbers in Traralgon South is nearing completion with help of federal government's Bridges Renewal Program
Work to upgrade Downies Bridge in Traralgon South is well underway.
- Mallacoota Pony Club getting ready to resume operations using $296,000 grant from federal Local Economic Recovery program
Local MP Darren Chester has congratulated members of the Mallacoota Pony Club for getting work underway to resume operations.
- Archibald prize 2021 to be hosted by Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale in October
Australia's favourite art award, the prestigious Archibald Prize for portraiture is coming to Gippsland.
- Application open for grants to find low cost ways for Gippsland farmers to measure carbon in soil
Grants of between $100,000 and $20 million are now open for innovators in Monash for projects to lower the cost of measuring carbon stored in soil.
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Over $4.77M invested by Liberal and Nationals Government for priority Gippsland projects to met local communities needs
Liberal and Nationals Government investing over $4.77 million in South Gippsland to help communities recover from the pandemic.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Sandhill Road Reserve protects endangered Gippsland Red Gum Grassy Woodland vegetation
A project to restore land at Stratford once used for cattle grazing to a nature reserve, is now ready for the public to enjoy thanks to a collaboration between Wellington Shire Council and Avon Landcare Group.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Worker shortage will derail Victorian and Gippsland farms and agriculture businesses
The Andrews Labor Government has failed to step up to the plate to solve a desperate shortage of workers across Victorian farms and agriculture businesses.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- List of the best things to see in Gippsland for spring 2021
Spring is an amazing time to visit Gippsland with the fragrant gardens, thunderous waterfalls, and outdoor wanderings, events that are surely a must see.
- Landfill tender for South Gippsland out this weekend
Transfer stations and hard waste collection services to start on 3 July.
- Cancellations in Victorian public transport like Vline in Gippsland could be avoided with rapid testing for COVID
Victoria's public transport to be disrupted by underpreparedness of the system.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal makes first determination on payment of councillor allowances for East Gippsland Shire
The Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal has made its first determination on the payment of mayoral, deputy mayoral and councillor allowances.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) will be more accessible for Gippslanders starting November 2022
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the announcement of the deregulation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Licensing as part of the Federal Budget.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Longer hours for early voting centres in Morwell, Traralgon, Sale, Bairnsdale and Lakes Entrance for 2022 Federal Election
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is predicting record numbers of pre-polling as early voting centres open today (Monday) across Gippsland.
- Andrews Labor government has neglected our country road and bridge infrastructure and cut funding to the bone
Government's plan to cut the speed limit across our country's road network.
- Survey for Lakes Entrance residents underway to help determine which areas are to be developed ahead of 2022 federal election
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester will be asking Lakes Entrance residents "what's next for our town" in a survey to be distributed ahead of the election on May 21.
- Morrison government's $4.5B NBN upgrade will ensure West and South Gippsland will benefit from ultra-fast broadband by 2023
NBN Co has announced a seventh tranche of suburbs and towns across Australia that will become eligible to upgrade to NBN's Fibre to the Premises (FTTP).
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- No more excuses for bushfire recovery delays in East Gippsland from Andrews Labor government
All levels of government have been challenged to stop making excuses and get on with the job of delivering bushfire recovery projects in East Gippsland.
- Tyers Road, Scrubby Lane and Cross's Road intersection in Traralgon improved with $800,000 from federal Targeted Road Safety Works
Busy Traralgon intersection has been redeveloped to improve safety for pedestrians and motorists.
- Roadside blackberry weed control for Macalister Irrigation District, Gippsland Lakes and Dargo areas in Wellington Shire
Program that reduces the spread of blackberry on the roadsides of Wellington Shire to protect the agricultural resources.
- Latrobe Valley paper will continue to be sent by rail for export and distribution as key Gippsland freight service gets stimulus for Victorian government
Improvements on train tracks that will help ensure its daily runs.
- Civil engineering scholarship $10,000 grant for Federation University Gippsland campus from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council offering a $10,000 scholarship to a local student undertaking civil engineering studies at Federation University's Gippsland campus.
- Rapid COVID-19 testing key for getting regional and Gippsland VLine trains back on track
Lengthy shutdown to Victoria's regional train network is driving a push for rapid testing to be rolled out for staff across the public transport network.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Pandemic-driven property price rises putting the squeeze on Gippsland and other regional home buyers
Property and rental price hike in regional Victoria, while availability in other areas are dropping.
- 2021 Australian Netball Championships format revamped as September event at Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium postponed
The Australian Netball Championships will be played in a decentralised format this year, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to present significant challenges for sport.
- Andrews Labor government delivers Australia's first offshore wind farms to drive regional investment, slash emissions and create jobs
The Andrews Labor government will deliver Australia's first offshore wind farms with a strong plan to drive regional investment, slash emissions and create jobs.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- Darren Chester writes to Minister Bridget McKenzie after Sarsfield community shockingly misses out on bushfire recovery funding
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has urged the government to intervene immediately and fix a "farcical situation" which has seen community-led bushfire recovery projects excluded from consideration for recovery grants.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Plan an Alpine summer holiday in Gippsland for 2021/22
Fresh mountain air, explore twisty rivers, shady forests and welcoming alpine villages.
- Darren Chester backs calls for pedestrian crossing at McNairn road in Traralgon
Securing federal funding to construct a safe pedestrian crossing at McNairn Road in Traralgon.
- Three new breweries in from Orbost, Warragul and Traralgon helping put Gippsland on the beer lover's map
Three new breweries in Gippsland for you to visit.
- Calling on local volunteers to register or nominate for East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll
Council is calling on volunteers to register or nominate for the East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll.
- New facilities for students at St Angela of the Cross Primary School in Warragul from $1,750,000 federal funding
Member for Monash Russell Broadbent virtually blessed the opening of Stage 1 of St Angela of the Cross Primary School that was funded by the Coalition Government.
- Future Drought Fund supports next generation of drought resilient leaders in Central and West Gippsland
Funding to support farmers and others in regional communities the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through leadership development.
- Cowes to Rhyll boardwalk gets $416,000 for upgrade from Victorian government regional funding
Bass Coast Shire Council has welcomed new State Government funding towards its tracks and trails network, bringing benefits to the Bass Coast community.
- Kindergarten registration for 2023 in South Gippsland Shire now open
Three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten registration for 2023 opens Sunday 1 May.
- Bass Coast Shire Kindergarten first round of registrations for 2022 are now open
Registrations for three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten are now open.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital to host Mind Australia pop-up community mental health service and cater to Gippsland
Additional funding to support the mental health workforce for better and more accessible services as the Latrobe Regional Hospital to host one of the pop-up community mental health services.
- Darren Chester challenges Victorian Labor politicians to reject plan to shut down timber industry in Gippsland
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is challenging Victorian Labor politicians to reject the Andrews Government plan to shut down the native hardwood timber industry by 2030.
- Nature Based Tourism forum for ecotourism revolution hosted by East Gippsland Council on 17 March 2022
Tourism is changing as travellers become increasingly aware of the impact they have on the places they visit.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Rates notices issued in South Gippsland Shire
Contact the rate team for your revenue rates and concerns.
- Mark Reeves elected Mayor and Arthur Allen Deputy Mayor for East Gippsland Shire in 2021
Cr Mark Reeves of Marlo has been elected Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council at a Statutory Meeting held on Thursday, October 28.
- Rowenna Dunn announced as new manager for the West Gippsland Arts Centre
Announcement of Rowenna Dunn as new manager of West Gippsland Arts Centre.
- Anthony Basford re-appointed as Chief Executive Officer for East Gippsland Shire Council
Council reappoints Anthony Basford as East Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Feedback wanted on Environment Sustainability Strategy form East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council has released its draft Environment Sustainability Strategy 2022-2032 for community comment.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Free camping plan along crown river frontages sparks bushfire concern for Gippsland and regional Victoria
Figures reported this week show Forest Fire Management Victoria attended 1435 bushfires in the last financial year - 860 were caused by unattended campfires.
- Budget and financial plan for 2021/22 adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council
Budget and financial planning 2021-22.
- Top 12 best summer activities with kids in Gippsland for 2022
Summertime with the fam is the best time, and there are so many activities for the kids, family and kids to enjoy.
- Tickets on sale for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Tickets on sale for Archibald Prize at Gippsland Art Gallery.
- Despite business struggles recovering from pandemic Andrews Labor government budget cuts more from regional development funding
The 2022-23 state budget confirmed Labor's funding strip from the regional development fund.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- Stony Creek Racecourse with live music and local market stalls in South Gippsland on 19 February 2022
Relax and unwind at the gorgeous Stony Creek Racecourse on 19 February with live music in local market stalls!
- No more excuses for Victorian Labor to delay worker fix for Gippsland farmers
The Andrews Labor Government has run out of excuses to delay fixing Victoria's farm worker shortage, after the Federal Government today confirmed details of Australia's ag visa program.
- Bass Coast Rail Trail wooden bridge east of Mouth of Powlett Road in Kilcunda to be renewed
Funding for the improvement of tracks, trails and the construction of the wooden bridge located along theBass Coast Rail Trail.
- The Disability Gateway is new one-stop shop for support to people in Gippsland with a disability
People with disability can now access support team which includes information, programs and support available.
- Applications open for community groups to plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire
Funding is now available to help community groups plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire.
- Bullock Island upgrade with new facilities for Lakes Entrance Fishermen's Co-Operative underway
Funding to various projects for Bullock Island that would benefit the benefit the locals and visitors.
- Peter Walsh says rapid testing will help Melbourne and regions in Victoria like Gippsland open up and stay open
Rapid COVID-19 testing as the key to put Victoria back on track.
- Workshops and webinars to apply for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants program
Funding for grants to assist the local and small businesses in bushfire recovery.
- Workshops on glass making, truffle hunting basket weaving and cooking by Gippsland operators
Explore other towns in Gippsland, with workshops that are set to free up your creativity.
- Andrews Labor government invests $12B for more staff, better hospitals and first-class patient care for Eastern Victorian in 2022/23 budget
The Andrews Labor government is putting patients first in Eastern Victoria.
- Gilbert Rochecouste from Village Well conducts public space activation improvement audits on Sale and Maffra for Wellington Shire Council
Business owners led one of Australia's leading placemaking experts through Wellington Shire town centres last week to look at how they could be made as vibrant and lively as possible.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- New website to showcase East Gippsland
A new website that will improve the East Gippsland visitor experience is now live.
- Andrews Labor government all quiet on planning for Traralgon highway bypass
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says it's critical the Andrews Government accelerates the consultation process for the final planning and design of the long-awaited Traralgon bypass.
- Darren Chester urges all government levels to fund redevelopment of Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging all levels of government to work together and fund the redevelopment of the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell.
- Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms gets $42,000 for Tesla solar power and batteries from Gippsland Climate Change Network
Installation of energy storage battery at Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms that will help save money on electricity cost and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Darren Chester welcomes Offshore Electricity Infrastructure Bill to allow large Bass Strait projects with hundreds of local jobs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the introduction of legislation to develop offshore electricity infrastructure with local jobs at stake.
- Local artists featured in the Australian Wood Design Exhibition at the Orbost Exhibition Centre 26 March - June 19
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Australian Wood Design Exhibition which is at the Orbost Exhibition Centre until June 19.
- Another horror month from VLine from commuters on Gippsland trains
V/Line's reliability plummeted to a record low last month, including on train lines to Gippsland and Bairnsdale.
- Sandy Point Music Festival gets $28,367 for 2021/22 summer series through Live Music Australia federal program
The Morrison Government is supporting the return of live music, with Sandy Point Music sharing in more than $2.5 million, as part of round three of the Live Music Australia program.
- Five remote areas get improved mobile phone coverage in East Gippsland
Five remote areas in East Gippsland will receive improved mobile phone coverage thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Calling for applications to chair Regional Development Gippsland committee
Positions are now open to lead the regional development committees.
- Alberton Timber and Treatment Plant completes massive upgrade with $550,000 assistance grant from federal government
Local MP Darren Chester recently visited Alberton Timber and Treatment Plant to inspect the new peeling plant and hear about the operation's expansion.
- Worsening Victorian healthcare crisis and hospital workforce neglect has left another Gippsland family in mourning
Tragically another Victorian has died as he waited more than three hours on an ambulance stretcher for emergency care.
- Third batch has $136,000 grants from Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism program to deliver support to creative and cultural sector
Morrison government's funding support for the creative and cultural sector through Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- List of best Victorian beaches to visit this summer in Gippsland
Tips for your Gippsland beach discovery bucket list for you to visit and have fun with friends and family.
- Sale Tennis Club with with four international size courts opens as part of $2.8 million redevelopment
Wellington Shire's tennis players have an ace future ahead, with four international size courts unveiled as part of a $2.8 million redevelopment of Sale Tennis Club.
- Incredible cruising adventures around Wilsons Promontory in Gippsland for 2022
Discover Wilsons Promontory from the water, come and join the adventure visiting this incredible national park
- These Girls & Boys Can Ride bike club supports local business along East Gippsland Rail Trail
What started as a bike ride with a few friends has turned into a group of over 100 members from across East Gippsland.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- Honouring the Vietnam Veterans and Veterans Motorcycle Club of Gippsland Chapter
Member for Monash Russell Broadbent and Member for Narracan Gary Blackwood, honouring the Vietnam Veterans and Veterans Motorcycle Club - Gippsland Chapter.
- Biggs Drive crossing upgrade will improve accessibility to Wonthaggi CBD and include pram access
Bass Coast Shire Council is fully funding this $40,000 project, which will get underway from Monday, 7 March and take two weeks to complete.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Number of planning applications is good news for economic growth in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council is supporting the region's economic growth through well-considered planning decisions.
- Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project Environmental Effects Statement (EES) and Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) hearing cost East Gippsland Shire Council $730,688
Total external cost hearing of the fingerboards mineral sands project.
- Applications open for Community Cricket Program for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5M funding
Applications are open for the next round of the Community Cricket Program that will provide opportunities for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5 million to develop and upgrade cricket facilities across Victoria.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Grants and sponsorships from $2,000 to $20,000 available for events, capital works, equipment and wellbeing projects
Community organisations will have the chance to garner funding support when round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grant and Sponsorship program opens on 31 January.
- Mountain bike trails at Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort are now open and perfect activity in Gippsland over summer
Biking season at Mt Baw Baw is now open, with essential bookings suited for your convenience.
- Beekeepers share the buzz about access to Colquhoun Forest, near Nowa Nowa in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Councillors joined the Victorian Apiarists' Association and Gippsland Apiarist Association on a field tour of beekeeping sites.
- Dan Andrews officially opened Morwell Trade Skills Centre (MTSC) as part of a $35.5M rejuvenation of TAFE Gippsland
The Andrews Labor Government is giving more Gippsland job seekers access to world-class trades training with the opening of a new multimillion dollar Morwell Trade Skills Centre at TAFE Gippsland.
- Explore your backyard online this National Water Week with East Gippsland Water
Join us in an online learning festival to celebrate the national water week.
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Victoria needs positive plan to rebuild rural healthcare in regions like Gippsland
Due to the challenges of the pandemic and workforce isolation requirements on our hospitals, suggests making changes to government legislation and funding criteria for better mental health services.
Latest NewsBass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Failure to act on critical issues in Triple-0 by Andrews Labor government leaves Victorians mourning for the loss of a loved ones
Victorian Nationals continue to stand with regional Victorians who are committed to action on climate change
Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Labor appoints Labor mate Ben Hubbard as the new Chair and Director of VicForests to put jobs through wood chipper
Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli