• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
By Portal Admin - 12th January 2019 - Back to News
At its Ordinary Meeting on Wednesday, 19 December Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
Ms Wastie joins Bass Coast with over ten years of executive leadership experience across State and Local Government. Most recently as Director, City Communities at the City of Melbourne and also Director of Social and Economic Development at Yarra Ranges Shire Council since 2012.
Previously, Ms Wastie held leadership roles within the Victorian Department for Transport, Treasury and Finance and State Services Authority.
Council’s current Chief Executive Officer, Paul Buckley PSM is semi-retiring from local government after serving in the role for five years upon conclusion of his contract on 16 February 2019.
Bass Coast Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari, was delighted to announce the appointment and said there had been an extensive recruiting campaign that attracted strong interest, from high calibre applicants.
"The calibre of applicants was outstanding with over 30 people applying for the position; however, Ms Wastie stood out due to her approachable and progressive leadership style and focus on improvement and innovation to achieve outstanding outcomes for the community," Cr Tessari said.
In addition to Ms Wastie’s Local Government experience, she has held numerous board positions in tourism, libraries and health. Her tertiary qualifications include a Master of Diplomacy and Trade, Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education and a Bachelor of Arts. Ms Wastie is an accredited Organisational Coach, a qualified mediator and an alumnus of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
"We look forward to Ms Wastie’s commencement and the experience she will bring to the organisation in order to continue meeting the needs of our communities and ratepayers," Cr Tessari said.
"Ms Wastie has a strong background in economic and social policy development, education, community services, emergency management and planning. Her track record in attracting funding from government will complement Council’s continued focus on advocacy."
Ms Wastie is very pleased to have been appointed Council’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is looking forward to leading the organisation into the future.
"I’m thrilled to be joining the team at Bass Coast Shire Council as CEO. I am keen to build on Bass Coast’s excellent reputation and ensure the organisation is able to meet the needs of a growing community whilst protecting and enhancing our extraordinary natural assets," Ms Wastie said.
"I know Bass Coast is a unique municipality with world class natural assets that attracts millions of visitors each year. Because our region enjoys relatively good access to services and amenities, we are a drawcard for families and for people to invest.
"I look forward to supporting the Council in addressing and embracing the opportunities presented by innovation, regional collaboration, digital transformation, customer focus and community capacity building," Ms Wastie concluded.
Ms Wastie will commence as Council’s new CEO on 18 February 2019.
Ali Wastie will take on the position of Bass Coast Shire Council’s new CEO in February 2019. She is pictured with
Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- 2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- Bass Coast’s Best Recognised
Deb Rielly: 2019 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at the Australia Day Awards.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Bass Coast Team in Asia’s First Swimrun
Kara Landells of Kilcunda and Nina Barry-Macaulay of Cape Paterson will join 30 athletes from around the world to participate in Asia’s first swimrun
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- Taking Bass Coast to Capital Hill
Delegates promotes Bass Coasts' advocacies in the National General Assembly.
- Work Experience at Bass Coast Shire Coucil
By Mathew Copeland – Year 10 Wonthaggi Secondary College
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Council to Back Call for Newstart Increase
Bass Coast Shire Council supports increase Newstart Allowance payments.
- Active Bass Coast
Active Bass Coast Plan, a ten year Plan that sets the scene for healthy and active environments and services into the future.
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- Applications Invited for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards
Applications are now open for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Keep Recycling, Bass Coast!
Unaffected by the SKM Recycling’s facilities' closure.
- Council Welcomes Location for Phillip Island Community Hospital
Improved access to health services with Phillip Island Community Hospital.
- Council Seeks Community Feedback on Draft 2019/20 Budget
Wanted: Community Feedback for Draft 2019/20 Budget.
- Council Rates Must Be Part of Drought Relief
Call for further steps for drought relief.
- Council Commit Funds to Sound Shell
Additional $150,000 toward the Inverloch Sound Shell project.
- Buckley Farewells Bass Coast
CEO Paul Buckley PSM bids farewell after five years in the top job.
- Help Improve Accessibility In Bass Coast
Help improve accessibility by considering to nominate to join Bass Coast Shire Council’s Access and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 6 May
May 6 Council Meeting Round-Up
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 18 March
A snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 18 March
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 3 June
Below is a snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 3 June 2019.
- Get Qualified on the Job with Council
Bass Coast Shire Counci, now offering a range of Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- All Politics is Local
Bass Coast Shire Council supports the Australian Local Government Association’s (ALGA) Federal Election Advocacy campaign titled ‘All Politics is Local’
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Combating Erosion at Inverloch
Bass Coast Shire Council and environmental groups continued to meet to respond to the ongoing erosion along the Inverloch Surf Beach.
- Tertiary Education Roundtable Looks to Our Future
Bass Coast Shire Council hosts discussion on progressing tertiary education investment in the Shire.
- Keep Up War on Waste
Bass Coast Shire Council worked with the community to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- Working Together to Reduce Emissions
Bass Coast Shire Council agreed to work towards a community greenhouse gas emissions target.
- Help To Grow Local Events
Bass Coast Shire Council meets up to create strategic plan to attract events to Bass Coast.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- You’ve Got To Be In It To Win It!
2019 Bass Coast Business Awards still open for voting.
- Off to Save Lembongan
Two girls from Bass Coast heading off to Nusa Lembongan, Bali to represent Australia in Asia’s first Swimrun.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Young Leaders Celebrate Community
Students in the 2019 Bass Coast Young Leader program parcipates in a workshop to celebrate their community.
- Three Bin System Saves 77% of Kerbside Waste from Landfill
Three-bin system in Bass Coast diverted a huge 77 per cent of kerbside waste from landfill.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Help shape Skate Park and Play Space
Community consultation sessions by Bass Coast Shire Council
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Advocating for Two Priority Pools
$60 million wanted for two Aquatics projects: A new pool for Phillip Island and the redevelopment of the Bass Coast Aquatic Centre in Wonthaggi.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.