Gippsland Portal Local News:
Gippsland to get international tourism boost
New figures show an increase to be proud of
By ABC online - 24th October 2000 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have saidFederal Tourism Minister Jacki Kelly has announced an increase in international tourism to Gippsland. The figures show overseas visitors spent $19 million in Gippsland in 1998.
Click here for more
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Putting Gippsland People First
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Get Rid of Green Waste, for Free!
Annual fee-free green waste disposal period is on until Sunday, 22 November.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Get Creative!
Poster competion for National Water Week from 19-25th of October.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- International Rose Garden Festival and Outdoor Dining Initiative
International Rose Garden Festival and a complementary Outdoor Dining Initiative in Morwell.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Launch of New look 2020 International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
Launch of International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
- Liberal Nationals Release New Plan to get Victorians Back to Work and Back in Business
Victoria needs a bold plan.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Multicultural Media Boost to Reach More Victorians
Gippsland FM Community Radio Society Co-operative Ltd will receive $6300.00 to target the station's expanding podcasts menu.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- When the Past Awakens by Helena Kidd from Bass Coast with Maria Avraam get shortlisted for state awards
The diary turned book ‘When the Past Awakens’ By Helena Kidd & Maria Avraam 2020: Shortlisted for the ‘Victorian Community History Awards’
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.