Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 9 February Council meeting.
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 09 February 2022
There was a Civic Ceremony held to formally accept a sculpture of 'Warrigal', or wild dog in the language of our traditional owners. The wooden sculpture, by chainsaw artist John Brady, was generously donated to Council by Mr Brian Kennedy.
Planning and development
Longwarry Structure Plan - Pre-Consultation, council noted the draft Longwarry Structure Plan (Echelon Planning, January 2022), and authorised officers to release the draft for community consultation for a period of four weeks from 28 February to 25 March 2022.
Petition for the sealing of Rhodes Road and Silbys Road, Darnum, council moved to;
- Maintain Rhodes Road and Silbys Road to their current standard in accordance with council's Road Management Plan
- Confirm that Rhodes Road and Silbys Road are both listen on the Road Upgrade Prioritisation Matrix and will be considered for upgrade and sealing as part of a future Sealing Gravel Roads Program that forms parts of the Long Term Infrastructure Plan
- Advise lead petitioner of Council's decision
PSP Sporting reserves final concept masterplans.
Council moved to;
- Adopt the concept masterplans for the McGlone, Weebar, Dollarburn and Lillico sporting reserves
- Receive a further report on the options for Spring Creek sporting reserve
In line with COVID-19 restrictions across Victoria, council will be limiting attendance of its Council meetings. Continuing with the Wednesday 23 February 2022 council meeting:
- Only essential officers and councillors will attend council meetings
- There will be no public access/gallery attendance at council meetings
Meetings will remain available to the public via live stream, and community submissions can be made in writing. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Cr Michael Leaney Facebook page.
Published by: email@example.com
New registration process and and fee structure for short stay accommodation in Bass Coast Shire
Over 40 not-for-profit community groups get $165,000 grants from Baw Baw Council's 2022/23 Community Development Grants program
Ageing Well in Wellington Shire a priority with community feedback open until 11 December 2022
Free Rapid Antigen Tests priority for high-risk community members from South Gippsland Council
Help for Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists to boost psychiatry workforce pledged for election by Victorian Liberal and Nationals
Nathan Hersey elected as Mayor and Clare Williams as Deputy Mayor for 2023 term at South Gippsland Shire Council
No boating activity allowed at Lake Glenmaggiee unless exempted by Southern Rural Water
Range of activities for Activism campaign in Latrobe City from 25 November to 10 December 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot 23 November 2022