Bass Coast Local News:
Bass Coast welcomes funding for public and community housing
An funding commitment for Victorians.
By Portal Admin - 30th November 2020 - Back to News
Bass Coast Shire Council welcomes the Victorian Government’s announcement of $25 million for Bass Coast, as part of the state’s biggest ever investment in public and community housing. Bass Coast CEO Ali Wastie said that Affordable and Emergency Housing is one of Council’s top advocacy priorities.
Affordable and emergency housing
"This funding is an incredible commitment and one that Council has been at the forefront of advocating for. It coincides with the $130,000 Council allocated this year towards the development of our own Housing Strategy for Bass Coast," Ms Wastie said.
This funding announcement further highlights the importance of Council’s Advocacy Strategy, with the Cowes Cultural Centre, Erosion Infrastructure and Climate Change Policy and Tertiary Education Investment all benefiting from increased funding in recent months.
Government owned social housing investment
Ms Wastie said that the $25 million announcement was particularly important, as Bass Coast is experiencing increased incidences of people facing homelessness or being at risk of homelessness. "There is no available community or government owned social housing in Bass Coast, the only option is privately owned accommodation, which is increasingly limited," Ms Wastie said.
"Local agencies are struggling to meet demand, leaving no room for them to undertake critical strategic and planning work so this funding announcement will be welcomed by the whole community. We would like to thank Jordan Crugnale MP, Minister Richard Wynne and the Victorian Government for this investment, to provide secure, modern and affordable homes for some of our most vulnerable residents," Ms Wastie concluded.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Bass Coast Shire Council makes more service changes due to COVID
Face-to-face customer services and visitor services will cease at Wonthaggi, Cowes and Inverloch and will operate in other communication means.
- Bass Coast produce shines
Local herbs,beer and wine of Bass Coast producers to be featured on the menu to help growth of local businesses.
- Bass Coast Takes Another Step Towards Reconciliation
Council to reconcile and develop its first Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
- Bass Coast Local Heroes Celebrated
Recognition of Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year2021 winners.
- Bass Coast is ready for Christmas
Council to allocate budget to fund Christmas decorations in major centres
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- Our Bass Coast, our future
An online survey that could help with Council Plan 2021-25.
- When the Past Awakens by Helena Kidd from Bass Coast with Maria Avraam get shortlisted for state awards
The diary turned book ‘When the Past Awakens’ By Helena Kidd & Maria Avraam 2020: Shortlisted for the ‘Victorian Community History Awards’
- Council welcomes VinFast to Bass Coast
VinFast to establish business in Bass Coast that will help support local jobs, while also acknowledging the value of the surrounding bushland.
- Need a grant? Try Bass Coast grant finder
Free online services to help the community find funding opportunities.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Funding sought for recreation projects
Council to fund to redevelop and improve cricket training facilities.
- COVID-19 Restrictions to impact Bass Coast over New Year
No fireworks displays in 2020.
- VicHealth Funding Announced for Local Groups
Five organisations to share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Strong Advocates for Bass Coast
PUGRC estimates that by 2031, peri urban councils will grow by an average of 45 per cent.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Valley public transport cost woes continue
Northe has renewed calls for a review of the Latrobe Valley’s unfair public transport ticketing structure that places local commuters at a disadvantage. The current MYKI system forces local commuters to pay more than other area across the State.
- New footpath from bridge in Bass
Construction and improvements of the bridge in Bass for safer pedestrian connection to other nearby locations.
- Nominate and Celebrate your Local Heroes!
Do you know someone living in Bass Coast who regularly goes above and beyond, you can always rely on for help, or you admire for their contribution to the community?
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Community Sport Survival Package Second Round Open
Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package – Round 2
- Community Food Relief Fund Applications Open
Launch of the State Governments $5 million Community Food Relief Fund
- Community Engagement Policy approved
Government act to improve council performance through community engagements.
- Community satisfaction survey now underway
Survey phone calls to be conducted to assess the council's performance,to identify areas in need of improvements and more effective service.
- Community Safety Grants Now Open
Open application for grants through Government's Building for Safer Communities Program.