Latrobe Valley Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards Winners
Latrobe Valley businesses have scooped the pool in the 2002 Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards
By GippsTAFE - 6th May 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Valley Windows won the Business of the Year and the Manufacturing/Export category. This local success story was established in 1983 to produce hand crafted quality western red cedar windows and doors.
Valley Windows now manufactures standard and custom design windows, and timber and aluminium doors for local and export markets.
More than 400 people attended the Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards 2002 Gala Dinner, where local businesses and industry came together to showcase what Gippsland has to offer.
There was an excellent response to the 2002 awards with applicants coming from all over Gippsland and from a wide range of industries.
Monacellars Wines and Spirits was the winner of the Service category. Monacellars Wines and Spirits retail Gippsland products to the public.
Gippsland Business Support in Traralgon won the Commerce/ Information Communications Technology category. Gippsland Business Support specialises in the recruitment of temporary staff for local businesses.
The Gippsland Business Awards Gala Dinner was held at the Premiere Function Centre in Traralgon, hosted by Denise Drysdale with entertainment by Rod Quantock.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Valley public transport cost woes continue
Northe has renewed calls for a review of the Latrobe Valley’s unfair public transport ticketing structure that places local commuters at a disadvantage. The current MYKI system forces local commuters to pay more than other area across the State.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Aquatic centre access a win for Latrobe Leisure members
Leisure members to have complementary access on GRAC according to membership classification.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Putting the Mental Health of Victorians First in Eastern Victoria
Victorian Budget 2020/21 will include $868.6 million to ensure Victorians have the mental health support.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Business Adaptation Grants program has been extended.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- National Mental Health Month Begins Today
Mental Health Foundation Australia (MHFA) to raise awareness of Mental Health
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Early Works Underway for Car Parks in the Latrobe Valley
Tests underway to determine feasibility of the eight preferred sites in Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Putting Gippsland People First
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Eastern Victorian Businesses Going Digital for Covid Normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Youth Council Spreads Health Message
Good Food for Mental Health project was identified to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for the Latrobe City population.
- Final report into broken mental health system delayed
Mental health final report delayed.
- More Testing Facilities Needed in Latrobe
Enhanced testing capacities in the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- LV Seniors Missing Out on Travel Benefits Again
Latrobe Valley seniors, disadvantaged by changes to the distribution of travel vouchers for Pensioner Concession Card holders, Victorian Seniors Card holders and Victorian Carer Card holders.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- Multicultural Awards and Event Grants
Multicultural Festivals and Events (MFE) program and Victorian Multicultural Awards for Excellence now open for nominations.
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Mixed Bag Budget for the Valley
Long approved projects in the community sitting idle.
- Northe Calls for Budget for Big Builds
Russel calls for meaningful support for economic recovery to the Latrobe Valley. It is important the local economy could be stimulated and encouraged with valuable developments in the region.
- Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Council’s Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
- Lockdown triggers surge in demand for mental health support
Victorian's plea to have their emotional and financial trauma to be prioritised by the government.
- Government called upon to support local businesses – Northe
A call for the Government for a commitment that all goods, services and contracts are not taken away from regional businesses.
- Dancers in the Running for National Award
Latrobe City dancers has made the finals of the Australian Dance Awards.
- New Initiative Opens Cultural Doors for Locals
Distance and transport will no longer be a barrier for Latrobe Valley residents wanting to attend cultural events in the regional city.
- Nominate a Top Senior
Latrobe City Senior Citizen of the Year award, now open for nominations.
- Award Winning Exhibition Coming to the Valley
Da Vinci Machines Exhibition arrives in February 2021, to be hosted by a Morwell Art Gallery.
- Vulnerable Victorians waiting days in hospital ED for mental health beds
Government must prioritise processing and fixing Victoria’s mental health system.
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Volunteers to Offer Disaster Relief
Volunteers are helping Latrobe City recover from the impacts of the bushfire.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.