Gippsland › Latest news › Latrobe Local News
Morwell Centenary Rose Garden greatly improved by Friends of Garden with funding from Latrobe City Council and Advance Morwell
Morwell Centenary Rose Garden receiving and appreciating funding support from the council to complete the installation of permanent bricks edging around garden beds.
The iconic Morwell Centenary Rose Garden is now looking even better, thanks to a united effort from the community and Latrobe City Council. The Friends of the Garden received a $7,000 Community Minor Capital Works Grant from Council to complete the installation of permanent brick edging around garden beds.
Pride for the community
Latrobe City Council Mayor, Cr Sharon Gibson said the Morwell Centenary Rose Garden was an icon of Latrobe City, and had made Morwell recognised across Australia and the world. "The rose garden creates such pride in our community and the International Rose Garden Festival Morwell is one of Latrobe City's most popular events," she said.
"When the roses bloom every spring, it brings such joy to all who see them. Council was only too pleased to be able to support the dedicated Friends group with this grant that has made the rose garden look even better." Council's grant was complemented by a grant of $1250 from Advance Morwell, bringing the total project cost to $8250. The works were undertaken by a contractor, Standrite.
Appreciating the council's support
The Friends of the Garden's Vice President Bev Maguire said, "The Friends of the Garden appreciate the support of Council and Advance Morwell in funding the construction of this edging, which offers the benefits of saving work and improving the safety of Council's gardening staff and volunteers while working at the garden. The edging also lifts the appearance of that section of the garden to the high standard elsewhere in the garden."
The garden features more than 3500 roses, is the site of the annual International Rose Garden Festival Morwell and is visited by rose enthusiasts from around the world each year.
Pictures from Latrobe City website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morwell Centenary Rose Garden festival back in the limelight as part of international festival
Escape the indoors and get back to nature at the stunning Morwell Centenary Rose Garden during this year's International Rose Garden Festival.
- International Rose Garden Festival in Morwell 13-21 November 2021
Variety of flowery events to watch out for at Morwell.
- Morwell food manufacturing precinct receives $10M funding from Victorian government that will give boost for Gippsland
Ahead of this week's State Budget the Committee for Gippsland (C4G) has welcomed the state government's $10 million investment into the Morwell Manufacturing Precinct.
- Morwell Foodbank hub at standstill after four years of promises from Andrews Labor government
Lack of updates and communications with the Latrobe Valley community with regards to the promised Morwell Foodbank Hub, community seeks more information about the Morwell Foodbank Hub
- DASMA in Morwell to innovate waste management principles with $2.1M from Cooperative Research Centres Projects
A Morwell based company will develop and incorporate new processes of utilising recovered materials across the supply chain thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Repairing Morwell River Diversion for Yallourn mine to ensure energy supply agreed on between Energy Australian and Victorian government
Works to repair the damage in the Morwell River Diversion (MRD) near the Yallourn coal mine to secure Victoria's energy supply have been agreed upon between the Victorian Government and Energy Australia.
- Morwell Fire Brigade volunteers have Russell Norther support their wish to stay in McDonald Street at Morwell
Brigade volunteers have stated that a co-location will not support or improve volunteer sustainability or emergency services delivery in the community.
- Bidfood Morwell new cold storage food distribution facility and LV Shade Sails expansion get Victorian government support
Latrobe City Council welcomes the Victorian government's support of 47 new jobs across Morwell and Traralgon through the Regional Jobs Fund.
- Morwell Parklands Preschool gets $500,000 grant from Victorian state government 'Building Blocks' program
The Victorian Government is making sure young children have access to the best kinder facilities with hundreds of projects to upgrade and improve learning environments while supporting local jobs across Victoria.
- Traralgon and Morwell stations get major upgrades as part of $504M Gippsland railway line funding from Victorian and federal governments
Final designs have been released showcasing the major train station upgrades at Traralgon and Morwell Stations.
- Flood study of Morwell and surrounds funded $26,000 through federal Risk and Resilience Grants Program
A flood study of Morwell and surrounding areas will be undertaken thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Closure of Westpac Morwell branch is another kick in the guts for local businesses and residents says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe said the pending closure of Westpac's Morwell Bank branch in Commercial Road was another kick in the guts for Morwell businesses and residents.
- Latrobe City Stadium in Morwell to be upgraded in preparation to host events for 2026 Commonwealth Games
With Gippsland officially announced as one of four regional hubs for the 2026 Commonwealth Games, the Andrews Labor government is getting on with plans to deliver this global sporting event.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Latrobe Valley Jobs Fair in Morwell on 10 March to bring job seekers and employment providers together
Job seekers from across the Gippsland Employment Region will have the chance to chat to employers face to face when the Morrison Government's Latrobe Valley.
- Strzelecki Highway between Morwell and Mirboo North gets $8.25M to improve safety and reduce travel time from Victorian 2022/23 budget
The Andrews Labor government is improving safety and travel times along the Strzelecki Highway with a new overtaking lane along the key tourism and agricultural route.
- SEED Lakeside Community Garden creator Shae Wilson gets $59,500 federal grant to support social and emotional health
SEED Lakeside Community Garden in Sale will benefit from funding from the Federal Government.
- Dan Andrews officially opened Morwell Trade Skills Centre (MTSC) as part of a $35.5M rejuvenation of TAFE Gippsland
The Andrews Labor Government is giving more Gippsland job seekers access to world-class trades training with the opening of a new multimillion dollar Morwell Trade Skills Centre at TAFE Gippsland.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery in Morwell plans large exhibition to celebrate 50th birthday
Exhibition to be held in celebrating Latrobe Regional Gallery's 50th birthday.
- Gippsland not-for-profit kindergardens can apply for grants from $7.5M from state government fund to improve ventilation
Victorian Government is helping kindergarten services across Eastern Victoria reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, with support for better ventilation measures to help keep children and staff COVIDSafe.
- Works in the Indigenous Art Garden at Rotary Park in Warragul is set to show on 16 May 2022
The Rotary Club of Warragul, our Indigenous community and Baw Baw Shire Council are working together to create a new garden of local cultural significance.
- Gardivalia - Visit 18 magnificent gardens around Warragul on 30 October 2021
18 gardens, one weekend with millions of blooms, join the Gardivalia 2021 from 30 Oct to 2 Nov.
- Come see annual show-stopping display at Garden of Broughton Hall in Jindivick
Come and visit the garden and its annual show at Broughton Hall.
- Free composting workshop at Seed Community Garden in Sale on 30 April 2022
A free composting workshop will be held at Seed Community Garden in Sale on Saturday 30 April.
- Darren Chester congratulates achievements of student leaders at Morwell Central Primary School
Local MP Darren Chester visited Morwell Central Primary School recently to meet with school leaders and present them with their Achievement Certificates.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Darren Chester presents achievement certificates to school leaders at Morwell Campus of Kurnai College
Darren Chester MP presents the school leaders with their achievement certificates.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Russell Northe argues for more funding projects in Latrobe Valley be included in Andrews Labor government Victorian 2022-23 budget
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe says he is hopeful of a number of projects in the Morwell electorate being funded through the state governments budget which is handed down next Tuesday 3 May.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- Latrobe City Council calls on federal candidates to secure $3.25M to complete in Traralgon Flood Recovery Project
Latrobe City Council is calling on Federal candidates to invest in the Traralgon Flood Recovery Project across Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Glenview Park.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Latrobe City Council encourages community to connect through culture and recognise Cultural Diversity Week
Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to connect through culture this week to recognise Cultural Diversity Week.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- Latrobe City Council Aged Care and Services to undergo significant changes from July 2022
Council services will undergo significant changes across Latrobe City with council set to transfer the Aged Care and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People services to new providers in July 2022.
- Russell Northe calls for funding for Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium to become football centre of excellence
Call for government funding to utilise the sports entertainment centre and give good potential to help make Gippsland to become the football heartland.
- Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Latrobe City Council is ready to partner with the new Labor Federal Government following the results of the Federal election over the weekend.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- Latrobe City Council calls for Victorian government to support for timber industry
Release of code of practice for timber industry that has been on a long delayed by the state government.
- Latrobe City Council re-opens Cumberland Park kindergarten after negative results for COVID-19
Identified close contact resulted negative from COVID-19.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Latrobe City Youth Council inviting new members for 2022
Latrobe City Youth Council is seeking new members for the 2022 term to build their leadership skills, make new connections and provide input into Council's decision making
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Funding to support that landcare facilitator roles in Gippsland and Eastern Victoria
Funding to support facilitator jobs that would help improve landcare and biodiversity.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Traralgon-Maffra road across Latrobe City and Wellington Shire
Major upgrades for road improvements and driver's safety.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital gets $217M funding for its expansion through the Victorian Health Building Authority (VHBA)
Latrobe Regional Hospital expansion means additional facilities that will give support to the region's increasing and complex health demands.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Funding for surf lifesavers throughout Gippsland discussed by Darren Chester and Life Saving Victoria CEO Catherine Greaves
Discussion with the lifesaving clubs and members for ongoing funding for local surf lifesavers.
- Federal funding of $3 million goes to DefendTex in Gippsland for Australia's first 3D printed space launching rocket boosters
Funding to conduct Australia's first 3D printed rocket booster for space in Gippsland.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Improved access to Electric Vehicle Charge Stations to support investment in the region to operate by July 2023
Several holiday towns within East Gippsland will soon have improved access to Electric Vehicle Charge Stations, after a push in the Victorian Parliament from local Nationals State MP, Tim Bull.
- Urgent funding needed to better support Victorian suicide prevention framework 2016-2025 to meet its objective required from Andrews Labor government
Victorian suicide prevention framework 2016 - 2025' will not be met including the most important objective and that was to halve the suicide rate in Victoria by 2025.
- Funding applications open for new $3M Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) federal program
The Morrison Government is investing more than $1 billion into the arts and creative sector in 2021‑22.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA) gets $7.5M additional funding via Victorian Ladder - Step Up program to create more jobs
The Andrews Labor government will keep helping create more jobs in the Latrobe Valley, with another $7.5 million investment in the Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA).
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Bengworden Road in East Gippsland
Upgrades for safety and improved driving conditions that will also help support local jobs.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Improved broadband with NBN coming to Sale and Bairnsdale
Households in Sale and Bairnsdale will soon have access to higher speed internet as the National Broadband Network (NBN) continues upgrades across Gippsland.
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- Latrobe Valley has four times higher drug crimes than Ballarat where a Drug Court is located but has not Drug Court itself says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has this week in Parliament questioned Premier Daniel Andrews on when a Magistrates Drug Court might be established in the Latrobe Valley.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Latrobe City congradulates Harriet Shing Eastern Victoria MP becoming Minister for Water, Minister for Regional Development and Minister for Equality
Latrobe City Council welcomes the news of Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing MP announcement/appointment as Minister for Water, Minister for Regional Development and Minister for Equality.
- Latrobe City Business Chamber formed to bring together local valley businesses and industry groups
Latrobe City Council is supporting the creation of a single business association to strengthen the voice of the business community.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce to be established to help minimise the effects of the closure of power stations
Latrobe City Council is acting now to minimise the significant effects of the closure of power stations upon the municipality in the future.
- East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council winning the Improving Planning Processes Award for their planning partnership
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have won a national award for their unique planning partnership.
- Sale Cinema gets $35,000 funding from federal Supporting Cinema's Retention Endurance and Enhancement of Neighbourhoods program
A Gippsland independent cinema has received a financial boost thanks to Federal Government SCREEN Fund.
- Latrobe City to continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North outdoor pools
Latrobe City Council will continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North Outdoor Pools following a review of the 2020/21 season.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Kilcunda Skate and Play project gets $250,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council and Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council was excited to join Member for Bass Jordan Crugnale MP in Kilcunda today (Monday, 23 May), who announced $250,000 for the town's skate and play project, this is in addition to the $325,000 committed by council.
- Great disappointment for Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor government state budget 2022/2023 budget says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe said the 2022/2023 state government Budget would be met with great disappointment by many within the Latrobe Valley.
- Omeo Rodeo gets $170,800 funding for facility upgrades from federal Bushfire Recovery Local Economic Recovery Program
Omeo Rodeo has modernised its facilities after receiving Federal Government funding.
- Latrobe City celebrates a range of fun over school holidays starting 24 June to 10 July 2022
From 24 June - 10 July, a range of fun, free and low-cost school holiday activities will be held across Latrobe City Council's libraries, leisure centres, early learning centres and creative venues through the Stay Local program.
- Disappointment expressed by Russell Northe at Bank Australia for closing Morwell branch
Closure of another bank to bring more disappointment to the residents.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Bonang Road gets $9M funding for road sealing of federal Roads of Strategic Importance program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says he has been assured that work to complete the sealing of the Bonang Road will be completed within 12 months.
- Latrobe City in Gippsland ready to host 2026 Commonwealth Games events and get economic and tourism boost
Premier's announcing Latrobe City as host city to the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Sarsfield and Ensay get $5.9M funding for additional community projects from the Black Summer bushfires program
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says two additional community projects worth $5.9 million will receive funding to support the ongoing recovery from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Veteran health and wellbeing funding via 'Supporting Younger Veterans' grant for West and South Gippsland
Grants offered for the support to our young veterans mental health and wellbeing.
- Latrobe City major infrastructure and hard waste service expansion gets $40M through 2022/23 capital works program
Investment in major infrastructure and an expansion of hard waste services feature in Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Budget.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Dedicated hospice facility in the Latrobe Valley back on the agenda with the help of Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has this week in parliament called upon the Health Minister and the Government to commit to establishing a dedicated hospice facility in the Latrobe Valley.
- Latrobe City preschool children support people living with Motor Neurone disease
Fund raising activity to support and raise awareness for the debilitating diseases, Frontotemporal Dementia and Motor Neurone Disease (MND).
- Latrobe City Australia Day Awards 2022 to Dean Sutton, Bridie Byrne and Martin Dyt
Local legends, outstanding events and champion community services have been acknowledged at the 2022 Latrobe City Australia Day Awards ceremony, held on Sunday following COVID-19 related delays.
- Over $400,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in Wellington Shire
Five programs in Gippsland received funding under the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- Russell Northe questions Andrews Labor government Latrobe Valley transition plan as Loy Yang A set now to close from 2040
Member for Morwell Russell Northe questioned the state government as to why they have failed to develop a transition plan in response to the closure and future closure of power stations in the Latrobe Valley.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce starts on plan to move away from traditional power generation and a reduced timber industry
Taskforce establishment to plan for the economic diversification and investment opportunirties.
- Darren Chester secured $6.5M funding for Marine Parade in Lakes Entrance through federal government grant
One of Lakes Entrance's busiest roads will receive a $6.5 million facelift thanks to a Federal Government grant.
- Latrobe City reminding businesses they can still access help from being affected by COVID-19 pandemic
Programs that could help local business owners in improving their businesses.
- Latrobe City calls for input into storm and review of flood response to learn lessons for next time
Storm and flood clean-up program funded by the government to provide service to property owners affected by storm and flooding without any cost.
- Latrobe City joins celebration of National Reconciliation Week from 27 May to 3 June 2022
Be Brave and Make Change happen, Join us in the celebration this National Reconciliation Week.
- Over $270,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in East Gippsland
Three Indigenous programs in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation and Latrobe City Council to create opportunities for local aboriginal community
Program that will focus on creating employment opportunities for Aboriginal community members to reconnect with the Country and develop and share their skills and knowledge.
- Need for a Drug Court to be established Latrobe Valley highlighted by Russell Northe
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has again highlighted in State Parliament the need for a Drug Court to be established in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bellbird Park soccer pitch gets $800,000 funding from Victorian government through Local Sports Infrastructure fund
Bellbird Park's main soccer pitch is set for redevelopment thanks to a $800,000 funding boost from the Victorian government's Local Sports Infrastructure Fund.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- Five remote areas get improved mobile phone coverage in East Gippsland
Five remote areas in East Gippsland will receive improved mobile phone coverage thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project gets $2.98M support from federal government and Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $2.98 million commitment to the Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project by Zero Degrees Rosella.
- Andrews Labor Government must increase funding so Victorian school students get mental health support they need
Labor needs to fund additional mental health support for the primary schools to give the young people the mental health support they need.
- Darren Chester in support of federal funding for improvement to Greenwattle Racecourse in Sale
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester and Sale Turf Club CEO Brad Evans discussing opportunities for Federal Government grants to support further upgrades at the Greenwattle Racecourse.
- Disaster assistance from federal funding for Bass Coast and South Gippsland after severe storms
Financial support now available to local governments in Bass Coast and Gippsland.
- Bairnsdale residents getting improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services
Bairnsdale residents will have improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services when the Services Australia Service Centre in Bairnsdale undergoes an upgrade.
- Celebrate and shop locally in Latrobe CIty as part of Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 to 22 May 2022
Latrobe City Council is celebrating Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 - 22 May, encouraging the community to support small businesses by shopping local.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Forest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Council seeking for community feedback on Forest Park in Orbost project.
- Moe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Funding received from the government for changing areas at Apex Park.
- Wairewa Public Hall and Reserve gets $14,509 funding upgrades from federal Build Drought Resilience program
Two organisations in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Future Drought Fund's Networks to Build Drought Resilience program.
- Wellington Council increases grants amount for non-profit community groups up to $6,000 in latest round fro 2022
Wellington Shire Council has made changes to its grants programs to help not-for-profit community groups with rising costs and COVID-19 recovery, and to make the application process easier for volunteers.
- Men's Sheds for West and East Gippsland get funding to continue improving the local men's health
Funding granted for more men's sheds across the region to help them build their connectivity and share their skills.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Men's sheds in Gippsland share $17,500 funding from National Shed Development federal program
Men's sheds in Gippsland have received a much-needed boost with funding from the Federal Government's National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Omeo Mountain Bike Trail gets $3.2M additional funding from federal government to deliver stage two of the project
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves applauded the announcement and noted the great cooperation between shire, state and federal governments in funding the project. He also announced an additional $1.06m from council.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Applications for Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee are open until 18 May 2022
Invitation for the community to send their expression of interest with regards to the Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee.
- Call to federal government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is calling on the Federal Government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to pursue enforcement options if any local laws breached by new wind turbine on private property near surf beach
Bass Coast Shire Council is aware of the Wind Turbine installed on private property in Surf Beach in recent days, the council also understands and share the community's concerns about the turbine.
- Summer fun at Latrobe City libraries with Return Yourself to the Library and 'Big Summer Read' programs
Encouraging children not to just go back to the library but also to borrow and read books.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Darren Chester urges all government levels to fund redevelopment of Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging all levels of government to work together and fund the redevelopment of the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell.
- Phillip island gets $144,000 in federal funding for new safety upgrades and improvements to roads
New road safety upgrades and improvements will be delivered in Monash thanks to funding from the Australian Government.
- Baw Baw Council Public Art Fund contributes $20,000 to complete Tanjil Bren mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
The new mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road was officially opened with a local community celebration on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- Hard waste removal for Latrobe City starts Monday 4 April until 15 April 2022
Latrobe City Council's twice-yearly booked hard waste collection is set to start on Monday, 2 May.
- Bass Coast Council to promote Advocacy Priorities to candidates for Federal Election on Saturday 21 May 2022
Federal election set for Saturday, 21 May, Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to promote its advocacy priorities to all candidates.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Robert Burns of Churchill promotes Latrobe City for 20 years as volunteer at local visitor information centre
Latrobe City Council has commemorated the contribution of a volunteer who has given 20 years of service.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to share that the organisation has received national recognition in the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve upgraded with $1.92M funding from federal and Victorian government Local Economic Recovery program
Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve will undergo a much-needed upgrade thanks to Federal and State Government funding.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Metung Hot Springs upgrades progressing well with funding from private investment and federal Local Economic Recovery Program
Work on the multi-million dollar Metung Hot Springs is progressing well with local MP Darren Chester saying the project will create jobs and transform the East Gippsland visitor economy.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Latrobe Valley Barramundi Farming by Opal and Mainstream at Maryvale Mill get $30M federal funding
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $30 million announcement for Opal and Mainstream's Latrobe Valley Aquaculture project at Maryvale Mill.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Community assurance in Latrobe City required as AGL Demerger dismissed
Latrobe City Council is calling for community certainty after AGL Energy revoked its demerger plan to split its generator and retailer arms into AGL Australia and Accel Energy.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts 2022/23 budget after acting on community feedback
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted its annual budget for 2022/23 which supports the delivery of over 100 community services and invests $41.78 million into community infrastructure, roads and open spaces.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Orbost Tennis Club gets to redevelop with $324,000 funding from Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
Orbost Tennis Club secured funding for development.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- Maffra Football Netball Club opens new facilities with shared funding from Sport and Recreation Victoria and Wellington Shire Council
New, modern netball facilities were officially opened today at Maffra Recreation Reserve.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- Bairnsdale Aerodrome gets $9.9M federal funding from Black Summer Bushfire Recovery program
Federal government announced the multi-million dollar boost for bushfire impacted communities across East Gippsland Shire.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Murray Street and Biggs Drive intersection upgrade gets $650,000 funding from Blackspot Program 2021/22 and Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to Unlock Opportunities in Wonthaggi, with significant pedestrian safety upgrade works on the intersection of Murray Street and Biggs Drive about to get underway.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Laurina Lodge in Heyfield and Stretton Park in Maffra get funding boost from 2020 federal Aged Care Approvals Round
Two aged care facilities in Wellington will benefit from funding as part of the 2020 Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR).
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Wellington Shire Council seeks community feedback on draft 2022/23 budget
Wellington Shire Council today released its draft 2022/23 budget to the community for public feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- Neerim District Health Service Aged Care Facility gets $5M funding for upgrade from federal Community Development Grants Program
Morrison government's commitment to redevelopment and upgrade of the Neerim District Health Service Aged Care facility.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Latrobe Regional Gallery gets LED lighting upgrade of $71,724 investment through Victoria's Regional Collections Access Program
Latrobe City Council welcomes the Victorian government's $71,724 investment in LED lighting upgrades at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- South Gippsland Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 15 June 2022
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Feedback wanted on Bass Coast Council Draft Asset Plan to achieve its objective aligning with community vision
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling for community feedback on its Draft Asset Plan that will end on Tuesday, 7 June.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital to host Mind Australia pop-up community mental health service and cater to Gippsland
Additional funding to support the mental health workforce for better and more accessible services as the Latrobe Regional Hospital to host one of the pop-up community mental health services.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth clear walking track at Mt Worth State Park
Volunteers from the West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth have come together for a working bee to clear the walking track at Mt Worth State Park on Tuesday morning.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's minutes and agenda on their 22 June 2022 council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 May 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 25 May council meeting.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Tee-Up Golf Day 2021 in Traralgon raises $20,000 for suicide prevention and mental health with help of Russell Northe and Rotary Club
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has spoken of his pride with regards to the business and community support that was received for the 2021 Tee-Up for Mental Health Day to which Mr Northe co-hosted along with the Rotary Club of Traralgon.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Russell Northe calls for pedestrian safety improvements at Grey Street Primary School in Traralgon CBD
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has used Question Time in Parliament this week to highlight the need for school pedestrian safety improvements in and around Grey Street Primary School which is located in the heart of the Traralgon CBD.
- Reopening of prolonged outage program was called out by Mr Northe as some residents still have no power after five days
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has called upon the State Government to reopen the Prolonged Power Outage Program to assist residents who have been without power for many days and since storms battered parts of the State last Friday.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Baw Baw Civic Precinct initial development gets $3.5M funding from Victorian government Growing Suburbs Fund
A landmark community precinct for the people of Warragul is now a step closer to reality, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 June 2022
Agendas and minutes of the Baw Baw Shire council meeting held 8 June 2022.
- Latrobe Regional Airport looking to take-off under plan that sets out a long-term framework for development
Council seeking expansion development opportunities for Latrobe Regional Airport that will help them support and grow the aviation operations.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- Help catalogue biodiversity in Latrobe City as part of Great Southern BioBlitz 2021
The hunt is on to catalogue and celebrate Latrobe City's biodiversity as the Great Southern BioBlitz 2021 blooms across the hemisphere.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Andrews Labor Government 'to work from home if possible' causing strain in many businesses within CBD's across Victoria says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe submits questions to parliament for the minister for industry support and recovery.
- Community feedback is being sought by the council on pedestrian and cyclist safety in CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community input about pedestrian and cyclist safety concerns on roads within the CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Darren Chester presents achievement certificates to students at St Vincent de Paul Primary School in Morwell
Local MP Darren Chester presented student leaders at St Vincent de Paul Primary School in Morwell, with their achievement certificates.
- Russell Northe to co-host 'Tee-Up for Mental Health' Golf Day at Traralgon Golf Club
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has spoken of his pride and support of a "Tee-Up for Mental Health."
- Raymond Island Koala Trail and Discovery Experience gets $442,000 funding to upgrade from state government and council
Raymond Island's Koala Trail & Discovery Experience is getting a facelift, with Stage 1 of a project to revitalise and improve the visitor experience now underway.
- Leongatha and District Historical Society shares in $14,460 funding to preserve wartime heritage
Funding provided by the government to preserve the warfare heritage.
- Bowls Victorian Open to be held in Latrobe City on 25 March to 2 April 2023
Bowls Victoria, together with Latrobe City Council, are incredibly excited to officially announce a landmark 5-year agreement for the staging of the Victorian Open, commencing March 2023.
- Raymond Island Koala population and native wildlife gets $1.3M federal funding to improve facility accessible and revegetation of area
Raymond Island's koala population and native wildlife has received a major boost as part of a $1.3 million initiative funded by all levels of government.
- Proposals and ideas wanted on how to best use federal funding from 'Local Jobs Program' for Gippsland
Support program on improving jobseeker skills and employment pathways.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Community feedback on 2022-23 budget submissions for Latrobe City Council closes soon
Community members are encouraged to have their say on Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Draft Budget before submissions close on Tuesday 3 May.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts annual 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council adopted the 2022-23 Budget at its council meeting on Tuesday, June 28.
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- Gippsland Water to build organic waste facility with $4.8M federal funding via Food Waste for Healthy Soils program
A local water corporation, Gippsland Water, has received $4.788 million to improve facilities and efficiency with funding provided by the previous federal government.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery to hold exhibition for eight-metre wide painting reflecting iconic Hazelwood Power Station from 2 April to 10 July 2022
A new exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery (LRG) reflects on the role the iconic Hazelwood Power Station had in the lives of Latrobe City locals over several generations.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- Latrobe Valley Bus Lines to introduce electric busses as part of $20M three-year zero emissions trial
Latrobe Valley Bus Lines will introduce the first electric bus in 2022, which is expected to travel on nine existing bus routes across the Latrobe Valley.
- Lakes Entrance town center works to revitalised and safety improved completed in time for summer tourist season
Works to revitalise and improve safety within the Lakes Entrance town centre have been completed as the popular East Gippsland destination prepares to welcome thousands of summer tourists.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- LED lights to be installed at Darnum Recreation Reserve with $200,000 funding from Victorian Country Football Netball Program
The AFL Oval and Netball Courts at Darnum Recreation Reserve will soon undergo much needed upgrades with the installation of new light towers and LED light fittings throughout the facility.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- Tyers Road, Scrubby Lane and Cross's Road intersection in Traralgon improved with $800,000 from federal Targeted Road Safety Works
Busy Traralgon intersection has been redeveloped to improve safety for pedestrians and motorists.
- Fish unloading jetty at Lakes Entrance to be replaced with $687,000 funding to Gippsland Ports from Victorian government
Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull, is delighted $687,000 in State funds have been allocated to Gippsland Ports to replace its jetty at the Lakes Entrance Fishermen's Co-Operative.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- Tilly's Dream and Churchill North Primary School in Latrobe City get $110,000 boost for child care services
Two childcare providers in the Latrobe Valley have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery July 2021
Update on the Latrobe Regional Performing Arts series or activities.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- Gippsland Cancer Care Centre to get new Linear Accelerator as part of $11M funding package from the Victorian 2022/23 budget
Regional cancer patients will have access to brand new radiotherapy services closer to home, thanks to a massive funding boost in the Victorian Budget 2022/23.
- Andrews Labor Government provides more support service for LGBTIQ+ community in Morwell
The Andrews Labor Government is providing more support to LGBTIQ+ Victorians and their family in the Latrobe Valleywith new free counselling at Anglicare Victoria.
- Mallacoota-Genoa road gets $10M in federal government funding to improve safety and resilience
Work to improve the resilience and safety of the Mallacoota-Genoa Road.
- Latrobe Valley renewable energy Investment by Andrews Labor Government to reducing emissions and create jobs
The Andrews Labor Government is continuing to invest in renewable energy in the Latrobe Valley and beyond - reducing emissions and creating jobs.
- Latrobe Regional Performing Arts July 2021
Series of new events and performance at Latrobe Performing Arts Centre for the month of July.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project gets $2.5M federal funding to improve pathway to Gippsland water security
The Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project will receive $2.5 million in federal government funding.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- Latrobe Literary Festival at Traralgon Library with Hugh McGinlay & Esmerelda, Stephen Johnson and Vikki Petraitis from 17-28 May 2022
Bookmark the 17th through 28th of May for this year's mind-morphing Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Great Southern Rail Trail to be extended with $6 million funding from Regional Infrastructure Fund
Boosting tourism while creating jobs for the locals through the Gippsland track and trails project.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets $4.2M bushfire recovery funding for improvement and upgrades
The Buchan Recreation Reserve will receive a $4.2 million facelift after an additional $3 million in bushfire recovery funding was secured this week.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery August 2021
50 Years: 50 Artists is a major exhibition to commemorate 50 years of Latrobe Regional Gallery from 4 September to 7 November
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- Baw Baw Shire local roads network improvement gets $11.21M boost in funding for 2022/23 from council
Baw Baw Shire Council's budget investment for local roads improvement.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital expands Mobile Targeted Assertive Outreach mental health team
Government investment for services and support for young Victorians.
- Latrobe Valley paper will continue to be sent by rail for export and distribution as key Gippsland freight service gets stimulus for Victorian government
Improvements on train tracks that will help ensure its daily runs.
- Latrobe Valley Ladder Step Up program celebrates fourth year getting young people engaged in education, training and employment
Over the past four years, Ladder program participants have achieved outstanding outcomes, re-engaged in education, employment, and training.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Stars align in Latrobe Valley as Women's Big Bash Cricket featuring home-grown Nicole Faltum heads to Moe
The Big Bash summer of cricket will sizzle in the City of Latrobe with the Melbourne Stars to make their WBBL debut at Moe's Ted Summerton Oval on October 23 and 24.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- Paynesville Slip Road Maritime Precinct on Burrabogie Island upgrade underway with $6.1M funding from Victorian and federal government grants
Paynesville's much-anticipated Slip Road Maritime Precinct project on Burrabogie Island is progressing, with work on an improved design set to begin.
- New cancer treatment centre for West Gippsland Hospital coming as health group gets $4.5M funding from federal coalition government for build
A new cancer treatment centre to be built at West Gippsland Health Group will change lives and improve regional health outcomes thanks to funding from the Federal Coalition Government.
- People with an eating disorder to get more support with $20M funding from Victorian government
More Victorians living with an eating disorder will receive the support they need to recover and live happy, healthy lives, thanks to record investment from the Andrews Labor government.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Darren Chester says Latrobe Valley owed explanation from Dan Andrews on failed promise for 500 electric vehicle manufacturing jobs
Latrobe Valley community wants to know why members of the parliament refuse to participate in a local task force.
- Expressions of interest open for Baw Baw Shire Council advisory committees until 15 July 2022
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from community members looking to join three Advisory Committees to help inform and influence future council decisions.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- First advocacy strategy adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council after listening and working with local community
At the 29 June council meeting, council adopted its first Advocacy Strategy and a new Advocacy Priority Project List.
- Yarram airport in East Gippsland gets $300,000 federal funding to improve safety
Yarram Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $300,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations get Community Infrastructure Grant Program funding from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Gippsland and Latrobe Valley to benefit from federal Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs fund
The Federal Government's $1.2 billion hydrogen investment is set to boost economic activity and jobs in regional Australia.
- Lower speeds reduce to 40 km/hr in Latrobe City CBD's to improve safety
Speed limits will be reduced to 40 kilometres per hour across the central business districts.
- Come sing with Latrobe Valley Community Choir and our new music director Dr Kevin Cameron
We are excited to be returning to in person rehearsals on Tuesday nights, with our new Music Director Dr Kevin Cameron
- Bellbird Park construction funded $4.1M from Baw Baw Shire Council and Victorian Government through Growing Suburbs Fund
The first sod has been turned at Bellbird Park to mark the commencement of works on a vibrant new multi-use pavilion and community events facility.
- Food relief across the Latrobe Valley funded $16,700 from Food Relief Financial Reserve
The Victorian Government is ensuring those who are doing it tough during the pandemic can continue putting a meal on the table, with funding to deliver food to Victorians who need it most.
- The Andrews Labor government invests $5.7 million for new social housing homes in Drouin and Morwell
Government investment to provide support housing for the less advantaged people.
- York Street Revitalisation project gets $11.68 M federal funding for Wellington Shire
Major upgrade of York Street to entice travelling motorists to stop and explore Sale, as well as improve ride quality and traffic safety, is a step closer to being completed.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street to get raised pedestrian crossing part with $128,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council
In a first for Bass Coast, a raised pedestrian crossing will be constructed at the intersection of Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street in Inverloch this month.
- Research underway to strengthen Greater Glider possum population in Latrobe CIty with $50,000 grant from Victorian government
A research project is underway to study and strengthen the population of the Greater Glider possum, the largest gliding mammal in Australia.
- Wurruk development four-year strategic plan adopted by Wellington Shire Council to help address acute housing shortage
Council today took the first step to address Wellington's acute housing shortage, paving the way to facilitate the development of around 1600 new housing lots.
- Mick Simpson raise walks nearly 200 km to raise awareness and funding for dementia research
A lack of healthcare options for regional Victorians diagnosed with dementia was the catalyst for a nearly 200km walk from north-east Victoria which arrived at Victorian Parliament in Melbourne today.
- More jobs in Latrobe Valley as Govhub opens for business
GovHub to open and create more jobs in the community and support economic growth.
- Glengarry Mechanics Institute gets upgraded hall suitable and accessible re-open with $397,474 federal funding secured by Darren Chester
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Glengarry Mechanics Institute today with Latrobe City Council Mayor Kellie O'Callaghan and Glengarry Mechanics Institute CoM President Alan McAuliffe.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Bullock Island bridge replacement progressing well and well worth $5M funding from federal government
Federal government provided $5 million for the Bullock Island bridge replacement and associated road works which is part of the master plan for the popular island.
- Kellie O'Callaghan elected as Mayor and Dan Clancey as Deputy Mayor for Latrobe City Council in 2021/22
New Mayor and Deputy Mayor have been elected.
- Cunninghame Arm community-driven project in Lakes Entrance boardwalk gets $5.8M federal government funding to make it work for all-abilities
Work to construct an all-abilities boardwalk and shared pathway around the shores of Cunninghame Arm in Lakes Entrance will start this year thanks to $5.8 million in federal government funding.
- Bairnsdale airport in East Gippsland gets $220,000 federal funding for upgrade
Bairnsdale Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $220,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- One Gippsland submits freight fast-track, tourism recovery, digital connectivity and job creation as funding priorities 2022/23 to governments
A number of local projects have been identified that will work to increase the liveability and prosperity of our regional cities and local towns.
- Community feedback wanted on draft of Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 Annual Budget
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community submissions in response to the recently published draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Long Term Infrastructure Plan, Council Plan Annual Review, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
- Darren Chester urges to new prime minister to visit Latrobe Valley and expands project funding
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has written to new Prime Minister Anthony Albanese regarding the funding of local projects which are critical to the future of the region.
- Benetas appointed as aged care provider for both Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City starting 1 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's Home Support Program and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People are set to transition to new appointed providers in July 2022.
- Anglicare Victoria continues to supporting young people in Latrobe Valley stay away from crime via Youth Crime Prevention Grants program
Through the Andrews Labor Government Youth Crime Prevention Grants program (YCPG), Anglicare Victoria has been awarded $350,000 to continue helping young people find pathways away from offending.
- Hawthorn and Box Hill Hawks work collaboratively with Bass Coast Shire Council to increase football participation for women
Hawthorn Football Club and Box Hill Hawks are proud to announce a new partnership with Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Traralgon flood recovery pop-up support for Latrobe City Council
Adjusting to life in the wake of disaster will be the subject of a free pop-up flood recovery session in Traralgon this month.
- Community feedback wanted on proposed sale of Hazelwood House in Churchill to Quantum Support Services by Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council is inviting community feedback on a proposal to sell Hazelwood House in Churchill.
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- Coal mine rehabilitation made a priority for Latrobe Valley from Victorian government amendment to Mineral Resources Act
The Andrews Labor government is improving the management of coal mine land in the Latrobe Valley once production ceases.
- Development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage in Gippsland get $42.9M funding from federal government
The Coalition government is backing the development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage technologies in Victoria's Gippsland region, providing job and economic growth opportunities for the community.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Traralgon South Recreation Reserve upgraded with $340,584 from the Latrobe Valley Authority and $312,202 from Latrobe City Council
After a brief construction adjournment, the courts are back in session at the Traralgon South Recreation Reserve.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Energy from waste facility for Masdar Tribe Australia in Latrobe Valley gets $48.2M from Morrison coalition Modern Manufacturing grant
The Morrison Government is investing $48.2 million in a state-of-the-art energy from waste facility in the Latrobe Valley, helping to power Opal's pulp and paper mill while driving down emissions.
- Celebrating a million ways to be a woman online part of International Women's Day from Latrobe City Council
As part of International Women's Day, Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to join in celebrating the contribution of women across the municipality.
- More ambulances and paramedics for Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor government
More ambulances and paramedics for the Latrobe Valley to ensure locals get the best care.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Baw Baw local arts, culture and events industry gets solid support by council 2022/23 budget
Council's Annual Budget delivers support for the local arts, culture and events industry to draw more visitors to the region and create vibrant and connected communities for the Shire.
- Authors Heather Morris and Lorraine Smith to present at Latrobe City libraries
Latrobe City Libraries will host two author talks in February, including a return to in-person events.
- Businesses and employees participation wanted in 2022 Business and Industry Survey by Bass Coast Shire Council which is open until Monday 23 May
Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Business and Industry Survey is now open. We are calling on our 3,200 businesses, employing almost 11,000 people to participate in the survey.
- Community consultation opens on 4 April 2022 on Baw Baw Shire Council draft asset plan
Council encouraging the community to get involved and send their feedback on the draft Asset Plan the plan.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Andrews Labor Government will double capacity of Victoria's Youth Prevention and Recovery Care (YPARC) network
An investment to support more young Victorians mental health.
- Key plans adopted by South Gippsland Shire council and more
South Gippsland Council adopted key plans to help them shape up the shire, understanding and delivering community expectations and needs.
- Federal government backs largest indoor Barramundi aquaculture farm at Latrobe Valley with $30M funding
The Latrobe Valley will become home to the world's largest indoor barramundi aquaculture farm with a $30 million boost from the federal government.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Envite Environment in Nowa Nowa protecting rare plant Boggy Creek Bottlebrush with Bushfire Recovery Grant funding via Landcare Australia
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester (left) with Abi Wills and Matt Kennedy from Envite Environment at Nowa Nowa where a rare species of callistemon is being mapped and protected.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Planning resources and new initiatives for Baw Baw Shire gets $1.19M in council 2022/23 budget
Council's 2022/23 Annual Budget includes decisive steps to address these challenges, and These challenges are heightened by a COVID-impacted labour market and a shortage of skilled planners.
- Northe calls for Gippsland hospice care facility in Latrobe Valley and proposed Hazelwood House in Churchill
Message from Mr Russell Northe MP to Gippsland Hospice Family to advocate for the consideration of a dedicated hospice for the region.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Labertouche Community Hall gets lovingly restored through the Latrobe Valley Authority,s Community and Facility Fund
Labertouche Community Hall has been lovingly restored with a new roof, ceiling and floor, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Cowes to Rhyll boardwalk gets $416,000 for upgrade from Victorian government regional funding
Bass Coast Shire Council has welcomed new State Government funding towards its tracks and trails network, bringing benefits to the Bass Coast community.
- Free pair of glasses for 176 students across West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor Victorian government
One thousand more Victorian students can now see more clearly and concentrate better at school, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government's free Glasses for Kids program.
- More alcohol and drug detox beds needed in Latrobe Valley says Russell Northe
Mr Northe indicated this had been a long running issue with many local individuals, families and service providers frustrated by the lack of services in a community that desperately needs detox beds.
- Local artists showcased their musical talents at the all-ages music event supported by Wellington Shire Youth Council and FReeZA crew Propellor
Local artists showcased their musical talents in front of a big crowd at the recent All-Ages Tour, which was organised and hosted by Wellington Shire Youth Council.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
Latest NewsBass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022
East Gippsland residents encouraged to apply for new $250 Power Saving Bonus from 1 July 2022
July is high-risk month for home-related drownings according to Victorian statistics
Kosciusko and Bank Street intersection in Traralgon to get vital safety upgrade as part of federal government's $300M commitment for 2022
Victorian Liberals and Nationals consider interim report delivered by Yoorrook Justice Commission in regards to advancing the Treaty process
Baw Baw Shire celebrates NAIDOC week with special events from 03 to 10 July 2022
Call on Andrews Labor government to partner better on delivering road infrastructure safety improvements in Gippsland by Darren Chester
Darren Chester pays tribute to Army nurse Vivian Bullwinkel - extraordinary Australian
Development of stage two Bairnsdale Skatepark of $460,000 underway