Harriet Shing MP:
Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
By Portal Admin - 13th December 2020 - Back to News
Minister for Community Sport, Ros Spence today announced that 16 grassroots sport clubs and organisations in the Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland are set to bolster their coaching skills, administration expertise, or score new sports equipment thanks to a share in more than $900K from the Victorian Government.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing today announced the successful applicants from the Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland of the latest round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Sporting Club Grants Program.
Due to the unprecedented amount of applications, the Victorian Government is proud to support our clubs during the pandemic and beyond by boosting the funding available from $450,000 to $900,000 worth of grants available this round.
The grants provide clubs up to $1,000 for new uniforms and equipment, up to $5,000 for training coaches, officials and volunteers, and up to $5,000 to improve club operational effectiveness.
They help people of all ages and abilities take part in grassroots sport, no matter where they live and are a great boost for clubs who are looking to get back on track following coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
Grant recipients include:
||Purpose of Grant
|Drouin Bowling Club Inc
||Bowling Green Mats & Jacks
|Ellinbank Badminton Club Inc
||Uniforms for new Junior players
|Moe Amateur Swimming Club
||Moe Swimming Clubs Little Penguins
|Neerim District Junior Basketball Club Inc
||Uniforms and Equipment for Team
|Trafalgar Cricket Club
||Game Day Cricket Balls
|Yarragon Tennis Club
||Uniforms and Equipment for New Members
|Warragul Tennis Club
||Prepare a club strategic plan
|Callignee and Traralgon South Cricket Club
||Setting Up First Aid Facility
|Gippsland Flippers Masters Swimming Club
||Training uniforms for Masters
|Latrobe Cricket Club
||Cricket Helmets for Juniors
|Newborough Bulldogs Junior Football Club Inc
||Junior Warm up jackets - Junior Netball
|St Michael's Basketball Inc
||Uniforms for Various Age Groups
|Traralgon City Soccer Club
||Junior Girls (U 13 and U16) and Junior Boys (U14) Soccer Balls replacement
|Traralgon Imperials Cricket Club
||Uniforms for Junior Cricket sides
|Traralgon Swimming Club Inc
||Coaching Development Courses
|Traralgon Tennis Association
||Business Plan Traralgon Tennis Association
The Sporting Club Grants Program is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to make sport more accessible and inclusive, stimulate local economies, build sustainable sport and recreation and volunteer opportunities and increase local participation as coronavirus restrictions are lifted.
Since coming to office, the Victorian Government has provided 4952 Sporting Club Grants to clubs across the state, totalling more than $6.8 million.
For more information on the grants and a full list of recipients http://www.sport.vic.gov.au/grants-and-funding/our-grants/sporting-club-grants-program
Quotes attributable to Minister for Community Sport, Ros Spence
"Recent coronavirus restrictions have had a heavy impact on community sport, that’s why we’re proud to provide this funding lifeline that opens up a range of opportunities on and off the field for clubs and their members."
"The Victorian Government is working hard to encourage and enable all Victorians to embrace a more active and healthier lifestyle and tap into all the sport and career pathways that grassroots community sport can provide."
"Congratulations our latest batch of grant recipients and I look forward to seeing a new generation of local champions get their chance to take their sports to a whole new level."
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing
"The Sporting Club Grants Program is giving grassroots sports clubs in the Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland the support they need to grow their ranks and help more people than ever play the sports they love."
"Congratulations to all our local clubs in the Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe City Council calls for health improvements for Morwell
City council’s call for action to improve and protect the community’s health.
- Latrobe Performing Arts Center - What's on in April 2021
Series of wonderful and fun-filled event for the whole family.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery - What's on in April 2021
Community’s response to Da Vinci and his machines.
- Latrobe City Council supports hydrogen industry
Council project that would help support in the city’s economy.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Valley public transport cost woes continue
Northe has renewed calls for a review of the Latrobe Valley’s unfair public transport ticketing structure that places local commuters at a disadvantage. The current MYKI system forces local commuters to pay more than other area across the State.
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Galley new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Council advocates for Latrobe City in Canberra
City needs support to overcome the loss of jobs and business impacts of energy station early closure.
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- Da Vinci exhibition opens at Latrobe Regional Gallery
An event to witness the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, the world’s greatest mind.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Aquatic centre access a win for Latrobe Leisure members
Leisure members to have complementary access on GRAC according to membership classification.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Early Works Underway for Car Parks in the Latrobe Valley
Tests underway to determine feasibility of the eight preferred sites in Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.
- New mental health jobs and support for the Latrobe Valley
Postgraduate nurses for mental health scholarship being appreciated.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- Eastern Victoria Clubs Urged to Apply for Sport and Active Recreation Grants
Applications are now open for the latest round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Putting Gippsland people first
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Sporting Grants Announced
Successful applicants to the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Sporting Club Grants Now Open
2020/2021 Sporting Club Grants are now open for application.
- Amazing multi-million dollar Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre opens
Opening of a new recreational centre with wide array of health and fitness activities for people across the region. It greatly improve the well-being of community benefits and help economic growth.
- Trees take centre stage at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Man-made trees as grand feature of the facility, welcoming the visitors.
- More Testing Facilities Needed in Latrobe
Enhanced testing capacities in the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Targeting Weeds and Pests across West Gippsland
Funding for weeds and pests eradication under Roadside Weeds and Pests Fund.
- Water Security Win for Central and West Gippsland
$15 million water system to increase water security, completed.
- LV Seniors Missing Out on Travel Benefits Again
Latrobe Valley seniors, disadvantaged by changes to the distribution of travel vouchers for Pensioner Concession Card holders, Victorian Seniors Card holders and Victorian Carer Card holders.
- Innovation Centre Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Gippsland
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
Innovation centre to create more jobs for Latrobe Valley.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- Community Sport Survival Package Second Round Open
Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package – Round 2
- More Services along the Gippsland Line
Improved train frequency and reliability with a redesigned timetable effective early next year.
- Grants Available to Preserve Local History
Encouraging local historians to apply for a share in $350,000 to preserve,record and share history.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- Mixed bag budget for the valley
Long approved projects in the community sitting idle.
- New Initiative Opens Cultural Doors for Locals
Distance and transport will no longer be a barrier for Latrobe Valley residents wanting to attend cultural events in the regional city.
- Northe calls for budget for big builds
Russel calls for meaningful support for economic recovery to the Latrobe Valley. It is important the local economy could be stimulated and encouraged with valuable developments in the region.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Picker grants barking up the wrong tree, growers say
Work force shortage still has not been resolved by the government.
- Council and police to patrol Lake Narracan this long weekend
Latrobe council working with Victoria police to ensure compliance on the local laws Labour Day long weekend.
- Slam Dunk for Indoor Sports Stadium
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium
- Dancers in the Running for National Award
Latrobe City dancers has made the finals of the Australian Dance Awards.
- Nominate a Top Senior
Latrobe City Senior Citizen of the Year award, now open for nominations.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Taxi fares lift lid on Andrews’ neglect of Gippsland trains
Trains needing upgrades to be more reliable and accessible to the public.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- Award Winning Exhibition Coming to the Valley
Da Vinci Machines Exhibition arrives in February 2021, to be hosted by a Morwell Art Gallery.
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.
- Volunteers to Offer Disaster Relief
Volunteers are helping Latrobe City recover from the impacts of the bushfire.
- Lighting Upgrades to Benefit Sports Clubs
Four recreation reserves get lighting upgrades.
- Animal welfare grants now open
Animal welfare fund grants are now open for applications.
- Interstate interest in author talk
A Zoom presentation of the Latrobe City Libraries with author Heather Morris.
- New geothermal aquatic centre opens in Gippsland
Opening of a facility to help the community's wellness and economy.
- Community Safety Grants Now Open
Open application for grants through Government's Building for Safer Communities Program.