• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
By Portal Admin - 12th November 2018 - Back to News
The Andrews Labor Government is investing $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast, making it easier for locals to get to medical appointments.
Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing today announced $157,000 for Bass Coast Health, in partnership with Gippsland Southern Health Service and South Gippsland Hospital, to expand their non-emergency medical transport services to allow locals who may have limited options to get to where they need to go.
At least three additional vehicles will be located at three key health service hubs across Gippsland’s south coast and would transport people without access to other transport services to their medical appointments.
The services will be key in connecting at risk people who are elderly, live alone, disadvantaged or unable to travel to their nearest doctor or health care provider.
It will also boost transport options for people in more isolated towns and rural properties to key health infrastructure.
These initiatives are part of the Labor Government’s Flexible Local Transport Solutions Program, which is better connecting communities and providing more transport options for people across Victoria.
Quotes Attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"Not everyone is able to get to health appointments easily or on time, which is why we’re helping the disadvantaged and elderly to get where they need to go."
"People in Gippsland need more options to get around and this is just one of many ways we’re doing that."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Traralgon
Massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School with a re-elected Andrews Local Government official.
- Delivering a Great Local School for Lakes Entrance
$1 million towards an upgrade at St Brendan's School.
- Delivering For Country Football and Netball Clubs
Another chance to upgrade grounds, courts and pavilions.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- 2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
2019 Bass Coast Australia Day Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Awards
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Bass Coast’s Best Recognised
Deb Rielly: 2019 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at the Australia Day Awards.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Bass Coast Team in Asia’s First Swimrun
Kara Landells of Kilcunda and Nina Barry-Macaulay of Cape Paterson will join 30 athletes from around the world to participate in Asia’s first swimrun
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Startup Gippsland Participant Wins a trip to China
Founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins 2 day hackathon in Nanjing, China.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Active Bass Coast
Active Bass Coast Plan, a ten year Plan that sets the scene for healthy and active environments and services into the future.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Keep Recycling, Bass Coast!
Unaffected by the SKM Recycling’s facilities' closure.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Buckley Farewells Bass Coast
CEO Paul Buckley PSM bids farewell after five years in the top job.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Daniel Andrews on Standby as Country Victoria Loses Population
No action on shocking decline in Regional Victoria’s population.
- Labor Won’t Make Rates Fair for Farmers
If elected a Liberal Nationals Government wil make rates fair for farmers, prioritising an
independent review into farm rates in Victoria.
- Labor Fails on Plantation Pledge
Failed promised investment in timber plantations.
- Labor Must Finally Provide Drought-Stricken Farmers with Rates Relief
Clamor for rates relief.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Bath states Labor must Reject Alberton Wind Farm
Community concerns regarding the Alberton Wind Farm