Gippsland Portal Local News:
Latrobe City Pacers 'Play Your Part' Campaign
Encourage Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to play an active role in the survival of the Pacers
By David Roberts - 19th February 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
President of the Latrobe City Pacers, David Roberts last night launched the "Play YOUR Part" Campaign, which will encourage the Gippsland and Latrobe Valley communities to take a more active role in the survival of the Pacers.
Mr Roberts said that for the Latrobe City Pacers to survive and be competitive in the Australian Basketball League, the community must step up and "Play their Part".
He explained that the campaign would be focus on the businesses community through the raffling of the Naming Rights, sponsorship and inkind support and as well as encouraging the wider community to "play their part" through greater attendance at games, becoming a Pacers member and volunteering at club events.
"The success of this campaign is crucial to the Pacers future. We must get the community to ‘own’ and support our club. We have struggled over the last few years to attract a major sponsors and the naming rights raffle is a way in which we can attract greater support from a wider cross section of businesses."
A maximum of 300 tickets will be available at costing only a $100. Each ticket will offer benefits such as entry to all home games, recognition in the Pacers Program and on the Pacers webpage as well as a chance to be naming sponsor.
Pacers Naming Rights is valued by the club at $20,000 and includes significant advertising in the local media and recognition on all publicity material.
The Club will also offer 4 Game Night Sponsorship Packages, valued at $2,000, which will allow the successful businesses to host a game at either Traralgon or Moe games.
Mr Roberts continued that the "Play Your Part" campaign does not stop there. "We are also striving to get greater support from the wider community and the local basketball associations. Without the support of these people there is no future for our club."
"We must make some important decisions over the next 12 months, including whether to stay in the Australian Basketball Association or relegate to the lower Victorian Basketball League. This is an important question and must be answered in the conjunction with the wider Basketball Community" he said.
"Plans to amalgamate the local associations and the create a Latrobe City Association must include the Pacers and where we fit into the development of local basketball talent and the structure of basketball in Gippsland."
"It is unfortunate that this region has been unable to replicate the success of regions such as Bendigo, Ballarat, Warrnambool and Shepparton at all levels of Basketball, both senior and junior. We must pull together for the benefit and development of basketball in this region."
"It is also important to recognize the success of the Pacers in providing opportunity for our local players to play at the second highest in Australia without having to leave the Latrobe Valley. This is particularly important for players such as Steven Bonacci and Geoff Reid who are aspiring to play in the National Basketball League."
"However, to continue to provide this opportunity and to strive for on court success, we must have greater support from the community."
It is expected that the club will seek to convene a meeting with basketball and community representatives over the next 4 weeks to discuss the future of the club.
Mr Roberts concluded by encouraging everyone to ‘Play their Part’ in the future of Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley’s elite basketball team, the Latrobe City Pacers. "Buy a ticket and take an active part in the future of our club’ he said.
For more information on the "Play Your Part" campaign contact Club President David Roberts on 0412 724 465 or visit the website at www.latrobecitypacers.com
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Fun, Fact and The Famous at This Year’s Latrobe Literary Festival
Diverse program mix in this year's Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Latrobe Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Your Garden Counts In the War on Weeds
Weed ‘em and Reap program from 22 October to 26 November 2018.
- Your Feedback is Important to us
Annual customer satisfaction survey
- Your Water Supply In A Bushfire
Consider water supply when planning for a bushfire.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Choose Your Preferred Path
Feedback needed on the next stage of the Inverloch Surf Parade Shared Path project.
- Help shape Skate Park and Play Space
Community consultation sessions by Bass Coast Shire Council
- Domestic Wastewater Management
Public Draft of Latrobe City’s Domestic Wastewater Management Plan released.
- Good Chef, Bad Chef to Feature at Sister Cities Festival
‘Good Chef’ Rosie to cook at Latrobe City Council’s Sister Cities Festival on Friday 9 November at the Moe Botanical Gardens.
- Northe to Advocate for the Valley at Budget Time
Russell Northe to ensure the Latrobe Valley region is not ignored when it comes to investment and new jobs for the region.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Council Rates Must Be Part of Drought Relief
Call for further steps for drought relief.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Van Driel Resignation
Chief Executive Officer of Latrobe City Council resigns.
- The Stream – Hiroya Sakurai
THE STREAM by Hiroya Sakurai is currently on display at Latrobe Regional Gallery, Morwell.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Magistrates Proceedings
Flamin Donuts and Not Maccas in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates proceedings this week.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.