Latrobe Local News:
Tobacco seminar for retailers to discuss new laws
Latrobe City Council in collaboration with the Tobacco Unit of the Department of Human Services will be presenting a seminar for retailers of tobacco products, on Wednesday 3 October, at the Premiere Function Centre Traralgon.
By Latrobe City Council - 27th September 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Latrobe City Council in collaboration with the Tobacco Unit of the Department of Human Services will be presenting a seminar for retailers of tobacco products, on Wednesday 3 October, at the Premiere Function Centre, 29 Grey Street, Traralgon from 1pm until 3pm.
Latrobe City Council’s Health Services Leader, Andrew Mackintosh, said the seminar would provide information on tobacco reforms affecting retailers, giving practical advice about how to comply with the State Government’s new laws.
"One of the major features of the new laws is the introduction of restrictions on the advertising and display of tobacco products in shops from 1 January 2002," Mr Mackintosh said.
"The aim of this provision is to reduce the visual impact of tobacco advertising and displays to discourage young people from taking up smoking. This seminar will give retailers the opportunity to ask questions about the practical application of the new laws," Mr Mackintosh said.
Interested retailers wishing to attend the seminar are requested to contact Council’s Health Services on 1300 367 700 prior to Tuesday 2 October.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Council to Back Call for Newstart Increase
Bass Coast Shire Council supports increase Newstart Allowance payments.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Council Seeks Community Feedback on Draft 2019/20 Budget
Wanted: Community Feedback for Draft 2019/20 Budget.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- Stronger Laws the Priority to Protect Victorian Farmers
Delay in fixing farm trespass laws while farm businesses targeted by extreme activists.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Council Welcomes Location for Phillip Island Community Hospital
Improved access to health services with Phillip Island Community Hospital.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Council Rates Must Be Part of Drought Relief
Call for further steps for drought relief.
- Council Commit Funds to Sound Shell
Additional $150,000 toward the Inverloch Sound Shell project.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 6 May
May 6 Council Meeting Round-Up
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 18 March
A snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 18 March
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Monday Night's Council Meeting Round-Up: 3 June
Below is a snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 3 June 2019.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bath Moves Motion on Trespass Laws to Protect Farmers
In defense of the rights of Victorian farmers against unlawful animal rights activists.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Fun, Fact and The Famous at This Year’s Latrobe Literary Festival
Diverse program mix in this year's Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Community Spirit Shines Bright for Flynn Hall Makeover
A 97-year-old building can serve the community once again, thanks to the people of the small Latrobe City township of Flynn.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Century Milestone for Community Facility and Event Grants
More than 100 community projects now realised with support from the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community Facility Fund.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.