• Add My News • Search Old News
Food & Fibre Gippsland June Newsletter
Welcome to our first eNews for winter and the kick start of Food & Fibre updates in your inbox every month.
By Portal Admin - 1st July 2020 - Back to News
Our CEO has been busy making connections, collaborating, and building relationships - all of it ( except for a few outings in the last few weeks !) via Zoom, Microsoft Teams and screen share in a COVID-19 affected world. We catch up on the latest with Nicola Pero. Click here to read more.
EXCELLENCE IN AGRIBUSINESS AWARDS 2020 ENTRY DEADLINE JUNE 25!
Entries close soon for our Excellence in Agribusiness Awards - at 5pm on June 25.
The entry process is quick and easy online and we encourage Gippsland Food & Fibre businesses of all sizes to enter the awards (https://www.foodandfibregippsland.com.au/news-and-media/excellence-in-agribusiness-awards) - if you'd like any help, or have any questions, please email the Awards Program Manager anytime - email@example.com
With over $30,000 in prizes on offer, the 2020 Program includes a new premier award, the Female Agribusiness of the Year, sponsored by Leadership Victoria, as well as a number of new categories.
We are very thankful for the generous support of the entire sponsor family including ;
- KPMG Australia - Gippsland Agribusiness of the Year
- The Australian Rural Leadership Foundation - Young Agribusiness of the Year
- Leadership Victoria - Female Agribusiness Leader of the Year
- Agriculture Victoria - Excellence in Service to the Food & Fibre Industry
- Bass Coast Shire Council - Excellence in Sustainability
- Baw Baw Shire Council - Excellence in Workforce Capability
- Commonwealth Bank - Excellence in Entrepreneurship
- Dyers - Excellence in Food & Drink Manufacturing (>10 employees)
- East Gippsland Shire Council - Excellence in Fibre Industry
- Federation University - Excellence in Research and Development
- Latrobe City Council -Excellence in Food & Drink Manufacturing (<10 employees)
- National Australia Bank - Excellence in Innovation
- South Gippsland Shire Council - Excellence in Exporting
- Southern Rural Water - Excellence in Safety
- TAFE Gippsland - Excellence in Collaborative Partnerships
- Wellington Shire Council - Excellence in Adaption to Change
The Awards program culminates in a Gala Presentation evening currently scheduled for November 20 in Sale, and we appreciate the support of our event sponsors;
- Latrobe Valley Authority
- Global Table
- The State Government of Victoria
- Our National Cluster Program partner Food Innovation Australia Limited ( FIAL )
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!
Our member family continues to grow - a big warm welcome to Bon in the Garden !
Bon in the Garden is a boutique edible and cut flower farm located in Seaton, central Gippsland. They grow their produce naturally and with love. They also grow vegetables and herbs and have edible dried flower blends that are posted Australia wide. You can find their beautiful edible flowers in restaurants and cafes from Stratford to Officer and also privately in homes for celebrations and education. Contact Bon directly by phone 0408803755 or via Instagram "Bon in the Garden".
We're super happy to also welcome Earth & Soul Pizza as a new member !
Using local fresh ingredients, Earth & Soul make pizza and pasta that tastes like it should.
Think East Gippsland produce having an Italian love affair !
You’ll always leave Earth & Soul Pizza smiling, nourished from the inside, with your belly full and your soul chockers with goodness. They're all about the best parts of life: food, laughter, music, friends and family.
Earth & Soul Pizza is passionate about caring for the planet. From their packaging to their products, they take extra care so you can soak up their sustainable yum, guilt free!
It takes a village to make a pizza so from the flour to the toppings to the packaging, they carefully choose their suppliers and see them as collaborators, with a strong focus on supporting local growers and producers.
GIPPSLAND JOB SEEKERS GET GROWING
A large number of Gippsland job seekers have been isolated and had their job search activities stalled or completely stopped during the COVID-19 crisis. The Gippsland Regional Agrifood Employment Programme has been acutely aware of the impact this has been having and created an activity to help called "Get Growing". Click here to read more
WANT TO DIVERSIFY AND GROW YOUR BUSINESS ?
FIAL is hosting a virtual workshop this Tuesday (tomorrow) on Market Diversification.
Combining a three-part webinar with a one-on-one consultation, this online event will equip participants with the knowledge and tools needed to diversify and grow their business in the post-COVID-19 landscape.
If you want to learn more about what actions you need to take to position your business for growth, create new growth platforms, and how to identify and communicate what you're "famous" for - this is the workshop for you.
Register here to attend : https://fial.com.au/market-diversification
GROW | EXPAND | SUSTAIN
To continue to support the small-scale and craft industry to grow, expand and sustain their business, the Small-Scale and Craft Program, in collaboration with Small Business Victoria, is delivering some fantastic free online workshops via Zoom this week.
Facilitated by leaders with extensive industry experience, there is a range of topics to pick from ( click on each topic to find out more and to register );
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here