• Add My News • Search Old News
East Gippsland Water grants
Get Those Applications In for an Environmental Grant
By Portal Admin - 7th July 2019 - Back to News
There is still time to submit an application for Round 3 of East Gippsland Water's Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants, which are open to educational and not-for-profit community groups across the region.
Grants are available for new and existing projects. More information, including the eligibility criteria and an application pack, is available from the website www.egwater.vic.gov.au/grants, or by contacting East Gippsland Water's Community Engagement Team on 1800 671 841.
Revegetation work at Cobblers Creek, near Bairnsdale
This initiative is part of the organisation's ongoing commitment to enhance the liveability and bolster the resilience of the East Gippsland region. Over the first two rounds of the program more than $70,000 funding was distributed between projects in Lakes Entrance, Paynesville, Bairnsdale, Buchan, Swifts Creek, Toorloo Arm and Raymond Island for this financial year alone. Some also stand to benefit from multiple years of funding.
Applications for the latest round need to be submitted by 4pm, on Friday 12 July, 2019. Successful grant recipients will be announced on East Gippsland Water's In the Flow page in the East Gippsland News on 21 August, as well as on the organisation's website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Giving Eastern Victoria Regions’ Hard-Working Carers the Helping Hand They Deserve
Package of nearly $50 million to go towards grants for initiatives that support carers.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Gippsland Soccer Scores New Synthetic Field of Dreams
FIFA-accredited synthetic pitch for Gippsland Soccer.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Startup Gippsland 2019 Culminates In Dynamic Pitch Night -Prize Winners Announced
Grand finale event of the 2019 Startup Gippsland program.
- Startup Gippsland Accelerator Program Leads Australia
Startup Gippsland program recognised as an outstanding success.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Plight of Gippsland Farmers Still Being Ignored
No help yet for Gippsland farmers.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Grants to Kickstart Multicultural Events
$3 million worth of community event grants for multicultural groups
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Get Screened To Reduce the Impact of Cancer in Eastern Victoria Region
Get yourselves and your loved ones screened.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Children’s Facilities Capital Program Grants Now Open in Eastern Victoria
2019/20 Children’s Facilities Capital Program opens today.
- Community Grants Attract Record Applications
Numerous applications requesting over $285,000 in grant funding.
- Applications Invited For Round 2 of Environmental Grants Scheme
East Gippsland Water now inviting applications for Round 2 Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Water Main Replacement Works - West Bairnsdale
Water works to boost water reliability and quality.
- Water Main Realignment Works to Commence Shortly in Swan Reach
Realignment of water along Princes Highway at Swan Reach due to start Mid November.
- Community Grants Give Groups Fundraising Boost
Thirty-three community groups awarded at the presentation of Round 2 of the 2018 Community Grants Program.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- Water Situation Update
No trigger yet for compulsory water restrictions.
- Water Sector Signs Innovative Energy Deal
New energy partnership to minimise greenhouse gas emissions and maintain affordable water bills.
- Bumper Grants Round Now Open
Complete a project plan when applying for Major Project funding.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- Crime Prevention Grants On Offer to Local Communities
Public Safety Infrastructure Fund (PSIF) applications are now open.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Your Water Supply In A Bushfire
Consider water supply when planning for a bushfire.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Boosting Water Services with Bumper Package of Engineering Projects
$6.3 million engineering projects to safeguard and enhance water services.
- Tourists Urged to Use Water Wisely over Easter
Please ensure they use water efficiently during their stay.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Sarsfield Water Main Upgrade Works
Replacing and upgrading 4 kilometers of main water supply pipeline.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Keeping Water Bills Down
No increase to the average customer bill over the next 12 months.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Sale Showgrounds Open and Water Tower Redevelopment Happening
New amenities and recreation building at the Sale Showgrounds is now open.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Get Involved In Wonthaggi’s Future
Get involved in developing a future vision for Apex Park on Murray Street.
- Junior Landcare and Biodiversity Grants Now Open
Latest round of grant to protect the environment, now open.
- Get Qualified on the Job with Council
Bass Coast Shire Counci, now offering a range of Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
- Get Rid of Green Waste, Fee-Free
Fee-free green waste disposal from 1 November until 16 December 2018.
- Applications Invited for Round 3 of Environmental Grants
Applications are now open for Round 3 of Environmental Grants.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Still Time to Apply For an Environmental Grant
There is still time to submit an application for Round 2 of the East Gippsland Water-funded Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Congratulations Grant Recipients
First round of its 2019 Community Grants Program presented.
- Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Activists Targeting Farms shouldn’t get ‘Charity’ Tax Benefits
The Liberal Nationals support the Federal Coalition Government’s bid to review Aussie Farms’ charity status and the Andrews Government should also get behind it.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.