Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
All Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services will be transitioned to alternative, high quality specialist providers from 1 July 2022. The decision was made at the Council meeting held Wednesday 24 November and was passed by a unanimous vote from all councillors.
The changes to aged and disability services being implemented will have a significant impact on funding models and local government's suitability for delivering these kinds of services
Result of significant federal reforms
Council's exit from the aged and disability services sector is the result of significant Federal reforms in the wake of the 2018 Royal Commission into the quality and safety of aged care in Australia. The reforms have had a significant impact on funding models and local government's suitability for delivering aged and disability services.
The services to be transitioned under this decision include the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs. They are in addition to the transition of the Home and Community Care Program for Younger People and Care Support programs decided in September 2021 and direct care services decided in March 2020.
Meeting community requirements
To ensure the transition for existing clients is smooth and seamless Baw Baw Shire Council, together with Latrobe City Council, undertook a comprehensive research project and identified high quality providers in the area capable of delivering a wide range of care services.
Following this review, the council felt confident in transitioning its services to an existing and well-developed market of high-quality service providers who are available to deliver specialised support to existing clients.
The information gathered from this research project has been provided to the Commonwealth Government to assist in their selection of the best providers to meet the requirements of the Baw Baw Shire community.
Appointing new providers
A decision and subsequent appointment of the confirmed new providers will be determined by the Commonwealth Government in coming months. Council will continue to provide regular updates and guide clients through those decisions and impacts as soon as they become available.
Council's main priority has always been, and will continue to be, supporting its resident's wellbeing and ensuring their ongoing access to quality aged and disability care providers and services.
Ensured with quality and delivery of services
Existing clients and their families will be supported to ensure no disruption to the quality and delivery of services they receive. Council's Aged and Disability Services Team has well developed relationships with their clients and takes pride in the quality and delivery of services they provide. They are committed to providing a seamless transition for clients.
As a result of the Government-led reforms, Council's role in the aged and community care sectors will shift towards supporting, advocating and planning to make sure the community continue to receive support they need to enable their independence and involvement within the Shire.
Council will continue to support all staff impacted by the new arrangements throughout the entire transition period and all impacted staff will receive their full entitlement under the enterprise agreement.
Council to continue support for the clients
Mayor Cr Michael Leaney said, "I would like to acknowledge and thank our wonderful service staff and volunteers who have carried out outstanding service and delivery for the Baw Baw Shire community. On behalf of Council, I formally recognise and thank all the teams, volunteers and staff impacted by this decision and previous service decisions for their exemplary work and service to the community."
"I acknowledge this can be a challenging and uncertain time, however all staff, volunteers, existing clients and their families can be assured the council will continue to support clients with receiving high quality care and support they need going forward."
Valued support providers
Cr Tricia Jones said, "We want the community to know that all existing clients will be supported as they transition their services to a new provider. All staff impacted will also be supported throughout the transition and will receive their full entitlements.
Most importantly, I would like to thank all staff, officers and volunteers for their time and service. The support and care they continue to provide is most valued by their clients and the community."
Immeasurable passion for clients
Cr Peter Kostos said, "Council has continued to deliver exceptional, high-quality service for their clients. Council's departure from the aged and disability services program has been brought upon by service delivery and funding changes from the State and Federal Government."
"I would like to wholeheartedly thank all our officers who are managing this transition plan and acknowledge and thank the impacted staff. The passion and care they display towards their clients is immeasurable and I hope they can continue delivering this care and service with the alternative providers in the future."
For further information please visit Council's aged and disability transition.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents can book additional hard waste pick up service to help with Spring cleanup
Additional hard waste collection bookings are now open for Baw Baw Shire residents looking to get their Spring cleaning done and dusted.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Baw Baw Shire kindergarten open days for 2023 have started
Baw Baw families looking to enrol their children in kindergarten for 2023 are invited to attend upcoming Open Days in their township.
- Baw Baw Council Public Art Fund contributes $20,000 to complete Tanjil Bren mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
The new mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road was officially opened with a local community celebration on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- James Reid - Baw Baw Shire Planning Director departs to pursue potentially career-defining project in professional planning
Baw Baw Shire Council Director of Planning and Development James Reid to pursue a role with the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Baw Baw community has their questions answered by Mayor Danny Goss over live online Q&A
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire, Councillor Danny Goss hosted a live Facebook Q&A on Tuesday evening to cover all the hot topics our community cares about.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Benetas appointed as aged care provider for both Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City starting 1 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's Home Support Program and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People are set to transition to new appointed providers in July 2022.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- Population growth rate of Baw Baw Shire is 3.7 percent is and thirds highest according to Australian Bureau of Statistics
According to ABS, during the 2020-21 financial year period Warragul and Drouin experienced an annual growth rate of 3.7 per cent with the town's combined population rising from 40,631 to 42,115.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Baw Baw's hidden treasures uncovers hundreds of public art examples
Local art aficionados uncovered almost 200 examples of public art throughout Baw Baw Shire during Council's Hidden Treasures Hunt.
- Community feedback wanted on draft of Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 Annual Budget
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community submissions in response to the recently published draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Long Term Infrastructure Plan, Council Plan Annual Review, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
- Bellbird Park construction funded $4.1M from Baw Baw Shire Council and Victorian Government through Growing Suburbs Fund
The first sod has been turned at Bellbird Park to mark the commencement of works on a vibrant new multi-use pavilion and community events facility.
- Baw Baw Civic Precinct initial development gets $3.5M funding from Victorian government Growing Suburbs Fund
A landmark community precinct for the people of Warragul is now a step closer to reality, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Latrobe City Council Aged Care and Services to undergo significant changes from July 2022
Council services will undergo significant changes across Latrobe City with council set to transfer the Aged Care and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People services to new providers in July 2022.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- Keeping Baw Baw's urban nature strips safe with its newly adopted guidelines
Council has adopted the Urban Nature Strip Guidelines to outline the kinds of modifications residents can make to nature strips while ensuring they remain safe and accessible.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Myli and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance support proposed Culture and Connection Precinct
Momentum continues to build for the landmark precinct with local library organisation Myli (My Community Library) and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance affirming full support for the proposed $30 million Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Remembrance Day commemoration for Baw Baw Shire will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph
Remembrance Day commemoration will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph on the corner of Smith and Victoria Streets
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Mountain bike trails at Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort are now open and perfect activity in Gippsland over summer
Biking season at Mt Baw Baw is now open, with essential bookings suited for your convenience.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Keith Cook sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor
Keith Cook has been sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor with a ceremony held this afternoon in the Fountain Room of the West Gippsland Art Centre.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- Community consultation opens on 4 April 2022 on Baw Baw Shire Council draft asset plan
Council encouraging the community to get involved and send their feedback on the draft Asset Plan the plan.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Free green waste disposal for Baw Baw Shire residents
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering residents free green waste disposal at selected transfer stations to help prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- CFA-declared fire danger period for Baw Baw Shire starts on 10 Jan 2022
The CFA-declared Fire Danger Period will commence at 1.00am on Monday, 10 January 2022.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- Swim for free at Thorpdale Pool in Baw Baw Shire this summer
Thorpdale Swimming Pool Committee has worked with Baw Baw Shire Council to provide a donation that will allow the community to swim for free.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- Restrictions still apply in Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity burning off guidelines outside of the Fire Danger Period
The CFA's Fire Danger Period has now ended in Bass Coast, however some restrictions still apply to burning off under Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity 2012.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- Child care services in Wellington Shire gets boost of $230,000
Three child care providers in Wellington have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- AusNet Services developing infrastructure to support Gippsland Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council
AusNet Services today presented its plans for developing infrastructure to support Gippsland's Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- Free outdoor activities start for people of all ages across Baw Baw as part of 'Watch this Space' program
Destinations across Baw Baw Shire are being transformed into vibrant pop-up dining, activity and multi-use entertainment spaces offering a feast of free events for people of all ages to enjoy.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Residents encouraged to take part in developing solutions to meet parking demands in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar by Baw Baw
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a thorough assessment of the parking pressures in Drouin, Yarragon, and Trafalgar, and is encouraging residents to take part in helping develop solutions that aim to meet future parking demands.
- Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has endorsed a strategy to deliver sustainable economic growth and a bright, thriving future for our region and its businesses.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- Kennedy family generously donate century old wooden sculpture to Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has gratefully accepted a carved wooden dingo sculpture generously donated by the Kennedy family, farmers and residents of the Shire for more than 100 years.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Feedback wanted by on draft Public Health and Wellbeing Plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community feedback, thoughts and suggestions on its draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- Michael Leaney elected as Mayor and Annemarie McCabe as Deputy Mayor for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Cr Michael Leaney, elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe, elected as Deputy Mayor.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- Leanne Hurst appointed as Director of Planning and Development for Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire appoints a new director for planning and development.
- Community members needed to join workgroup for $30M Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
Community members are being sought out by the council and are needed to help guide design and delivery of a landmark precinct.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- Bass Coast Shire offers fee-free green waste disposal for summer 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council's annual fee-free green waste disposal period is held to encourage residents and property owners to tidy up in preparation for summer and the fire season.
- Emergency services personnel denied COVID-19 vaccine priority in Latrobe Valley
Emergency services workers removed from vaccine priority list in Victoria by the Andrews Government.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Project Reference Group appointed to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A project Reference Group (PRG) has been formally appointed by council to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Sale and Yarram in Wellington Shire raise pride flag in support for the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia
Wellington Shire Council flew the rainbow pride flag at locations in Sale and Yarram on Tuesday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- Croxon Ramsay architects appointed to design $30M community facility for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A tender to develop detailed designs for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct has been awarded by Council signalling another key step forward with the landmark project.
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Businesses and employees participation wanted in 2022 Business and Industry Survey by Bass Coast Shire Council which is open until Monday 23 May
Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Business and Industry Survey is now open. We are calling on our 3,200 businesses, employing almost 11,000 people to participate in the survey.
- Bass Coast Shire residents best recyclers in Victoria says sustainability report
Bass Coast Shire residents are the best recyclers in the state, according to a recent Sustainability Victoria report.
- Promise for additional train services for Shepparton and Warrambool must be included in Andrews Labor government Victorian budget 2022-23
Additional passenger train services on the Shepparton and Warrnambool lines will remain a far-off dream if next week's State Budget fails to invest in the rolling stock required to deliver them.
- Promise for additional train services for Shepparton and Warrambool must be included in Andrews Labor government Victorian budget 2022-23
Additional passenger train services on the Shepparton and Warrnambool lines will remain a far-off dream if next week's State Budget fails to invest in the rolling stock required to deliver them.
- Local emergency services for regional Victoria should feature in 2022-23 Victorian budget
Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull is hoping to see some key projects ticked off in next week's State Budget.
- Disability access issues on V/Line train network ignored by Andrews Labor government after confirming services would be delivered
More stories have emerged this week of Victorians with a disability being prevented from travelling on V/Line trains, even after confirming services would be accessible.
- Round two applications open to join Project Reference Group for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A second round of applications are now open for community members to join a Project Reference Group (PRG) for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Community sponsorship program for Baw Baw opening in July
Sponsorship and grants for community organisations to assist for the community development.
- Bass Coast Council to promote Advocacy Priorities to candidates for Federal Election on Saturday 21 May 2022
Federal election set for Saturday, 21 May, Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to promote its advocacy priorities to all candidates.
- Will outreach services be offered by new mental health centres being established in Bairnsdale and Orbost?
More details and information being sought on the health and well being that are to be established.
- Bass Coast Shire Kindergarten first round of registrations for 2022 are now open
Registrations for three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten are now open.
- Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Adopted domestic animal management plan that will provide and ensure domestic animals safety with responsible ownership.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Wellington shire residents now eligible for storm recovery assistance from Federal government
Funding to provide assistance to the residents affected by the storm in their recovery process.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Latrobe City Council calls on federal candidates to secure $3.25M to complete in Traralgon Flood Recovery Project
Latrobe City Council is calling on Federal candidates to invest in the Traralgon Flood Recovery Project across Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Glenview Park.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Hawthorn and Box Hill Hawks work collaboratively with Bass Coast Shire Council to increase football participation for women
Hawthorn Football Club and Box Hill Hawks are proud to announce a new partnership with Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Latrobe City Council encourages community to connect through culture and recognise Cultural Diversity Week
Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to connect through culture this week to recognise Cultural Diversity Week.
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- Lichelle Clarke, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley and Jason Bargwanna inducted into Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame
Local sporting champions Lichelle Clarke PLY, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley, and Jason Bargwanna have been inducted into the Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame.
- Bass Coast Shire prepares at Phillip Island for School Leavers Week 2021
The official School Leavers Week runs from 27 November to 4 December.
- Wellington shire businesses eligible for disaster power outage payments
Financial assistance is now available for businesses in Wellington that experienced prolonged power outages after severe storms on October 29, 2021.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- Community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct wanted from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council seeking community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct, the opportunity is now open for four weeks, closing on Thursday 26 May 2022.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Push for update ageing Warragul and Drouin bypass to better serve Baw Baw Shire fast growth
Local community, business and industry support is building behind efforts to secure funding to improve Drouin and Warragul aging arterial road network.
- Applications open for Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations grants from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications are now open for up to $1,000 for Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- Applications open for community grants of up to $10,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Announcement of application dates for the community development grants program.
- Supported living units at Mirridong Services in Yarram with $2.32M grant from federal Building Better Regions Fund
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened two new supported living units at Mirridong Services in Yarram.
- Community feedback wanted on long-term strategic vision for Longwarry in Baw Baw Shire
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on a plan that will guide the future growth of Longwarry.
- Feedback wanted on update to flood map overlays in amendments to Baw Baw planning scheme
A proposed amendment to the Baw Baw Planning Scheme to update flood maps for existing overlay controls is now on public exhibition.
- Latrobe City Council re-opens Cumberland Park kindergarten after negative results for COVID-19
Identified close contact resulted negative from COVID-19.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Latrobe City Council calls for Victorian government to support for timber industry
Release of code of practice for timber industry that has been on a long delayed by the state government.
- Breakfast presentation on future of business with Bernard Salt at Lardner Park in Baw Baw Shire on 18 May 2022
Join internationally renowned futurist, author, business advisor and media commentator Bernard Salt at Lardner Park on Wednesday 18.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren get $60,000 each for community projects from Baw Baw Shire Council
Excitement is mounting in Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren after community-led projects received Baw Baw Shire Council endorsement at Wednesday night's meeting.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- The Disability Gateway is new one-stop shop for support to people in Gippsland with a disability
People with disability can now access support team which includes information, programs and support available.
- Book readers in Wellington Shire invited to share reading experiences online via Zoom event
Online sharing of reading experiences to share with other participants.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Latrobe City Youth Council inviting new members for 2022
Latrobe City Youth Council is seeking new members for the 2022 term to build their leadership skills, make new connections and provide input into Council's decision making
- Celebrate Parks Week in Wellington Shire with stacks of events for children and families
Wellington Shire's popular parks and open spaces will host a jam-packed calendar of events to celebrate Parks Week from 5 to 13 March.
- Click and collect available at Wellington shire libraries so bookworms can continue reading during lockdowns
Libraries across Wellington Shire may be closed due to current restrictions, but bookworms can continue reading via the Click and Collect service.
- Community feedback wanted on draft 2022/23 budget for Bass Coast Shire Council seeks
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to release its Draft 2022/23 Budget for community consultation.
- Yarram Pool in Wellington Shire re-opens after month-long closure for major works
The Yarram Pool has re-opened to users following a month-long closure for major works to install the new roof structure as part of the Warmer Pool for Yarram project.
- Over fire prevention notices issued in Wellington Shire to clean up properties during the fire danger period in 2021/22
Council reminding the community and landowners to maintain their surroundings to a fire-safe condition during the fire danger period.
- Get active close to home in Wellington Shire with awesome wellness map
Council has curated a list and map that includes wetlands, arts and beach trails, all within easy reach of Wellington's main urban areas.
- Drouin Tennis Club celebrates $353,000 refurbishment of Balmoral Park Pavilion from Baw Baw Shire Council
Members of the Drouin Tennis Club have gathered to celebrate the refurbishment of the Balmoral Park Pavilion following a $353,000 investment from Baw Baw Shire Council.
- More outdoor trading over summer period to be encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will once again transform outdoor spaces to encourage more outdoor trading over the coming summer period.
- Community feedback is being sought by the council on pedestrian and cyclist safety in CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community input about pedestrian and cyclist safety concerns on roads within the CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- East Gippsland Men's sheds encouraged to apply for grants up to $80,000 to improve facilities via 2022-23 Men's Shed Funding Program
Men's Sheds grants that support the establishment, expand or refurbish existing sheds across the state are now open.
- Newhaven jetty in Bass Coast Shire ready to be renewed
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- Work on Smiths Beach town plan in Bass Coast Shire to commence and improve resident safety
At its meeting this week, Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the final Smiths Beach Town Plan, to allow implementation of its actions.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy received $40,000 to connect carers from across Gippsland through formal and informal peer support programs
Local unpaid carers who selflessly support their loved ones will receive more support from the Victorian Government to help care for their own wellbeing.
- Proposal to improve pedestrian safety at St Ita's Primary School to Regional Roads Victoria endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council proposed pedestrian school crossing at St. Ita's primary school.
- Walk with dingos and much more while you are at Mt Baw Baw this summer
Round out the lofty walk with dingoes and a caffeine hit and sweet treat at Village Central.
- Noojee nominated as finalist in 2022 Top Tourism Town Awards by Victoria Tourism Industry Council
Baw Baw Shire's beloved town of Noojee has been announced as a finalist in a highly-prized annual tourism awards program. All residents are encouraged to vote now to help Noojee take out the top accolade.
- Neerim District Health Service Aged Care Facility gets $5M funding for upgrade from federal Community Development Grants Program
Morrison government's commitment to redevelopment and upgrade of the Neerim District Health Service Aged Care facility.
- A new skate park for Rawson community in Baw Baw Shire
Rawson locals have come together to celebrate the official opening of their new skate park, backed by funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Community invites to attend updates on major priorities for Victorian and federal government to support in Baw Baw Shire
All members of the Baw Baw Shire community are invited to attend or tune in to an open briefing on Wednesday 11 May which will provide an update on council's ongoing advocacy initiatives.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Guidelines to provide efficient tree inspections across Baw Baw Shire
Council has endorsed the Tree Inspection Policy and Guidelines to better manage tree inspections and maintenance works within urban areas of the Shire.
- Increases in Age Pension, Disability Support Pension, Carer Payment and Jobseeker Payment payments to help keep up with the cost of living
40,299 people in Monash will benefit from a boost to their social security payments from 20 March to help them keep up with the changes in the cost of living.
- Labertouche CFA Station gets new water tank with funds from by Bendigo Bank, Longwarry CFA and Baw Baw Shire Council
Purchase and installation of a 100,000-litre static water tank at the Labertouche CFA Station.
- Local artists showcased their musical talents at the all-ages music event supported by Wellington Shire Youth Council and FReeZA crew Propellor
Local artists showcased their musical talents in front of a big crowd at the recent All-Ages Tour, which was organised and hosted by Wellington Shire Youth Council.
- Join in the Australia Day celebrations across Baw Baw Shire
Everyone is invited to join and celebrate Australia Day 2022 festivities.
- Pet registration door knocking campaign by Regi-check ambassadors to commence in Baw Baw Shire
Regi-Check ambassadors will conduct a door knocking campaign on behalf of Baw Baw Shire Council to assist residents with their pet registration needs.
- Orbost Club Hotel wall mural demonstrates gratitude to emergency services and defence force assisted during the Black Summer bushfires
Mural on Orbost Club Hotel wall by Tracey Solomon as an artistic gratitude to the emergency service crews and defence force personnel.
- GippSport gets $849,930 to support young disengaged Gippslanders from federal government's Safer Communities Fund
A program to support disengaged young people has received a funding boost thanks to the Federal Government.
- Expelling students with disability to burden families is not the answer to under-resourced Victorian schools
Data released today confirms soaring rates of expulsion of students with a disability during the pandemic, indicating under-resourced schools are not coping.
- Michael Whelan elected as Mayor and Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor for Bass Coast Shire Council in 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council has elected Cr Michael Whelan as Mayor and Cr Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor at its November Meeting.
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- Community feedback on 2022-23 budget submissions for Latrobe City Council closes soon
Community members are encouraged to have their say on Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Draft Budget before submissions close on Tuesday 3 May.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Yarragon dog lovers celebrate official opening of of newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve in Baw Baw Shire
Yarragon dog lovers and their four-legged friends have celebrated with Baw Baw Shire Council at the official opening of the Shire's newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve.
- Community feedback sought on future industrial land use in Baw Baw Shire
All interested community members are encouraged to attend a community drop-in session to raise any questions and learn more about the project before providing feedback.
- Long grass inspections are being done in Bass Coast Shire so keep up the mowing
Bass Coast Shire Council's Emergency Management Officers are currently carrying out long grass inspections, which will continue into the new year.
- Progress on new Warragul indoor sports stadium for Baw Baw Shire
Early works are progressing well on site at the Warragul Leisure Centre in preparation for major construction of a new indoor multi-use sports stadium.
- Amphibious harvester arrives in Wellington Shire to help clean up weed problem in lakes
A weed-eater that would help clean up the weed-causing problems at the lakes.
- More than a hundred jobs to be cut from Agriculture Victoria reducing services to food and fibre industry by Andrews Labor government
As all Victorians continue to be impacted by food shortages and major disruptions to the food supply chain, Labor will axe 109 jobs from Agriculture Victoria this year.
- Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods
People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.
- Community invited to attend forum on retaining wall requirements for Baw Baw Shire
Council is set to host a community forum to provide key stakeholders and the wider community with a better understanding of retaining wall requirements across the Shire.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Emma Wiggle and Elsa from Frozen appear at local parks in Wellington Shire from 5 to 13 March 2022 as part of Parks Week
Parks Week runs from 5 to 13 March with a jam-packed calendar of free or affordable events for the whole family.
- Grantville Jetty to be renewed by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will renew the Grantville Jetty this month, to improve the safety of the structure which has deteriorated due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Easing of COVID-19 restrictions from midnight 22 April 2022 welcomed by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council has welcomed the State Government announcement that Covid-19 pandemic restrictions will be eased as of midnight tonight.
- Extra $1.6 million for critical child care services in West and South Gippsland
Government assistance committed to giving access to families for a quality child care.
- Guide Park Redevelopment $1.77 M project in Bass Coast Shire to begin early 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council awarded the tender for the Project at its December meeting.
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce to be established to help minimise the effects of the closure of power stations
Latrobe City Council is acting now to minimise the significant effects of the closure of power stations upon the municipality in the future.
- Free outdoor play sessions in Wellington Shire for children's week
Families across Wellington Shire will have plenty to celebrate during Children's Week, with free outdoor play sessions held in several locations.
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Permit fees for outdoor dining waived by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will waive permit fees for hundreds of hospitality venues to encourage more outdoor dining to help the region bounce back from pandemic lockdowns.
- Free Seniors Festival film and lunch event in Wonthaggi on 22 March 2022 hosted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council, in partnership with the Victorian Seniors Festival, is hosting a free Seniors Festival film and lunch event in Wonthaggi on Tuesday, 22 March.
- Neerim South War Memorial restored with support from the Victoria Remembers Grant Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has completed restoration works on the War Memorial in Neerim South.
- Click and Collect for Wellington Shire libraries to resume
Library service allowing the members access books and resources during lockdown.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Baw Baw Shire Council will improve pedestrian safety on Normanby Street, Warragul, following the presentation of a petition signed by 56 community members.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Feedback sought on draft Smiths Beach town plan by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has developed the Draft Smiths Beach Town Plan, following extensive community engagement in 2020 and is now looking for feedback.
- Online climate change community portal launched by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's online climate change community portal has launched, providing locally relevant climate change information to the community.
- Importance of regional not-for-profit aged care facilities in Gippsland
Victoria needs more residential aged care facilities and support to meet existing and future demand from an ageing population.
- Noojee transition plan from timber industry to be developed by independent project officer with $360,000 from Victorian Forestry grant
State government initiative that would help support the timber communities and local jobs.
- Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will be facilitating 'chats' with its employees and the community, throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign, which starts today (25 November).
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Reminder for beach goers to swim between the flags from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is urging everyone to be safe by the water this summer and to always swim between the red and yellow flags at a patrolled beach.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Summer swim season outdoor pool passes for Sale and Yarram extended to Easter Monday 18 April 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council has extended all summer swim season outdoor pool passes for use at Aqua Energy's indoor pools in Sale until Easter Monday, 18 April.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce starts on plan to move away from traditional power generation and a reduced timber industry
Taskforce establishment to plan for the economic diversification and investment opportunirties.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Pet plan (Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021/25) adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has adopted its Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) 2021-25 at the October Council Meeting.
- Feedback wanted from families for local kindergarten providers and Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council and local kindergarten providers want to hear from families, to better understand kindergarten needs for the Shire into the future.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Avoid Lake Guyatt in Sale as blue-green algae in season urged by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council is urging the public to avoid coming into contact with the water in Lake Guyatt in Sale, due to a blue-green algae bloom.
- Community feedback on proposed changes to governance rules for Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is looking for community feedback on proposed changes to its Governance Rules.
- Detox your Home event to encourage Wonthaggi to dispose of unwanted household chemicals on 31 Oct 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council is encouraging the community to dispose of unwanted household chemicals at the Detox your Home event, coming to Wonthaggi on Sunday, 31 October.
- Applications open for Youth Grants Program from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications for Bass Coast Shire Council's Youth Grants Program are now open.
- Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal makes first determination on payment of councillor allowances for East Gippsland Shire
The Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal has made its first determination on the payment of mayoral, deputy mayoral and councillor allowances.
- Historical street signs installed to restore part of Warragul streetscape in Baw Baw Shire
Installation of historical street signs that will preserve and have let you appreciate history as it changes through time.
- Replacement of more than a thousand existing street lights with new energy efficient LED for Wellington Shire starts 1 May 2022
Wellington Shire Council will undertake a bulk replacement of more than 1400 streetlights from 1 May, as part of a Gippsland-wide project to improve energy use and safety.
- Industrial land use strategy on existing and future supply adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the Bass Coast Industrial Land Study at its council meeting, held on Wednesday, 16 March.
- Recycled road method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi being used by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is using an innovative method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi, between Broome Crescent and Stewart Street.
- Traralgon and Warragul to benefit from Andrews Victorian government rural residential aged care facilities renewal program
The Victorian Government is upgrading public sector residential aged care services across Eastern Victoria, creating new jobs and ensuring hundreds of older Victorians continue to receive the care and comfort they deserve.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- New oval lighting for Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will install new oval lighting at the Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves over coming months.
- Carol Blair from San Remo is 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year
Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winner of its 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at a presentation on Wednesday, 19 January.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Free public transport to revive Melbourne CBD from December to January 2022 says Property Council of Australia
Property Council of Australia joined the call for free public transport to drive the city's revitalisation.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Anthony Basford re-appointed as Chief Executive Officer for East Gippsland Shire Council
Council reappoints Anthony Basford as East Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Free flu vaccines shots from National Immunisation Program start 10 May in Bass Coast Shire so book now
Bass Coast Shire Council's Influenza immunisation program will begin in May, which offers free flu vaccinations through the National Immunisation Program.
- Easter Bunny and ventriloquist with his collection of puppets visits Wellington Shire libraries from 12 - 14 April 2022
Visits from the Easter Bunny, a ventriloquist and his collection of hilarious puppets are part of a big line-up of fun to celebrate Easter.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- Civil engineering scholarship $10,000 grant for Federation University Gippsland campus from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council offering a $10,000 scholarship to a local student undertaking civil engineering studies at Federation University's Gippsland campus.
- Sale air show to get flying start for Gippsland in 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
An event that would give chance to reconnection of former air force colleagues, attract visitors that would also give boost to the economy.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Residents can now make request online to Bass Coast Shire Council
Customers can now log their requests directly through Bass Coast Shire Council's website.
- Moe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Funding received from the government for changing areas at Apex Park.
- Ian Bye elected Mayor and Marcus McKenzie Deputy Mayor of Wellington Shire in 2021
Elected as Wellington Shire Council Mayor and Cr Marcus McKenzie of Port Albert was elected Deputy Mayor, both councillors were elected to the positions unopposed.
- Farming for Success 2022 Agriculture Gippsland wide conference in Sale 8 March 2022
Wellington Shire to host the agriculture conference "Farming for Success 2002 on 8 March.
- Heavy cuts for regional Victoria in 2022/23 budget due to record debts and costs blowouts from major projects by Andrews Labor government
Regional Victorians are set to cop further cuts to services and find it even harder to buy a home with today's State Budget no more than a PR repair plan for Daniel Andrews.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- Online guide on how Gippslanders can live sustainably from Wellington Shire Council
Information on how to live sustainably is now easier to find thanks to an upgrade of Wellington Shire Council's online resources for local residents and businesses.
- Winners of 2021 Business Awards held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo announced by Bass Coast Shire Council
Local businesses were in the spotlight on Friday (18 February) night, as Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winners of the 2021 Business Awards at an event held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo.
- Works in the Indigenous Art Garden at Rotary Park in Warragul is set to show on 16 May 2022
The Rotary Club of Warragul, our Indigenous community and Baw Baw Shire Council are working together to create a new garden of local cultural significance.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- Farming for Success 2022 conference at Laurels Function Centre at the Sale Turf Club on 8 March 2022
Diverse stories of innovation and growth in the agriculture industry were detailed at the Farming for Success 2022 conference hosted by Wellington Shire Council this week.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- Latrobe City Australia Day Awards 2022 to Dean Sutton, Bridie Byrne and Martin Dyt
Local legends, outstanding events and champion community services have been acknowledged at the 2022 Latrobe City Australia Day Awards ceremony, held on Sunday following COVID-19 related delays.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- Kinder open days coming up next week for towns in Baw Baw
Look for the kindergarten facility near you and enroll your kindergartens online.
- Gippsland welcomes federal budget 2022-23 which includes a range of regional initiatives that will support region to grow and thrive
Federal budget 2022-23 release to continue support of growing Gippsland.
- Tinamba Hotel joins 2022 hatted restaurant party alongside Sodafish, Hogget Kitchen and Sardine Dining
That hat looks good on you. All the Gippsland hats from the 2022 Australian Good Food Guide Awards.
- Feedback wanted in the Local Law review for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently reviewing its Local Law and is calling on the community to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
- Laurina Lodge in Heyfield and Stretton Park in Maffra get funding boost from 2020 federal Aged Care Approvals Round
Two aged care facilities in Wellington will benefit from funding as part of the 2020 Aged Care Approvals Round (ACAR).
- Feedback wanted on Environment Sustainability Strategy form East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council has released its draft Environment Sustainability Strategy 2022-2032 for community comment.
- Morwell Centenary Rose Garden greatly improved by Friends of Garden with funding from Latrobe City Council and Advance Morwell
Morwell Centenary Rose Garden receiving and appreciating funding support from the council to complete the installation of permanent bricks edging around garden beds.
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- Free green waste disposal to assist storm clean-up in Baw Baw
Transfer station locations and their operating time, and details to check before going to the nearest transfer stations.
- Mark Reeves elected Mayor and Arthur Allen Deputy Mayor for East Gippsland Shire in 2021
Cr Mark Reeves of Marlo has been elected Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council at a Statutory Meeting held on Thursday, October 28.
- Outstanding success with competition surfing returning with Phillip Island Pro 2022 to Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is proud to support events right across the Shire and as part of this, has a longstanding commitment to hosting surfing events in the region.
- Community feedback wanted on Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates drainage works by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to investigate a potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Maffra's Cameron Sporting Complex $9.5 million redevelopment in Wellington Shire officially opened
After a number of frustrating cancellations due to Covid-19 restrictions, an official opening was finally held today for the Cameron Sporting Complex redevelopment.
- Budget and financial plan for 2021/22 adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council
Budget and financial planning 2021-22.
- Community to feedback wanted on Urban Forest Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is developing an Urban Forest Strategy, to help ensure Bass Coast's 'urban forest' continues to thrive.
- Activating our outdoor spaces this summer for business in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is helping local businesses to create outdoor trading and dining spaces across the Shire this summer.
- One Gippsland says 2022/23 Victorian budget will help boost to recovery of region
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian government's broader investment in health, economic recovery and support for First Nations Victorians.
- Social commentator Bernard Salt presents at Developing Bass Coast Forum at Bayview Room at Silverwater Resort in San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to be hosting its first in-person Developing Bass Coast Forum since 2019.
- Russell Northe questions Andrews Labor government Latrobe Valley transition plan as Loy Yang A set now to close from 2040
Member for Morwell Russell Northe questioned the state government as to why they have failed to develop a transition plan in response to the closure and future closure of power stations in the Latrobe Valley.
- Erica Country Expo 2022 major success as crowds celebrate good old country fun
Excited visitors and locals have flocked to celebrate the Erica Country Expo, a community-led event and the first of its kind to be held in the local region.
- Community feedback wanted on Communications and Engagement Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing its Communications and Engagement Strategy and wants to hear from the community.
- Lakes Entrance Aquadome wins 2022 Small Facility Management Award at Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards
The Lakes Entrance Aquadome came out on top at the recent Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- Nature Based Tourism forum for ecotourism revolution hosted by East Gippsland Council on 17 March 2022
Tourism is changing as travellers become increasingly aware of the impact they have on the places they visit.
- Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project Environmental Effects Statement (EES) and Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) hearing cost East Gippsland Shire Council $730,688
Total external cost hearing of the fingerboards mineral sands project.
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Survey for local businesses to help measure the full impact of South Pacific Laundry sudden withdrawal from Gippsland
Wellington Shire Council wants to hear from any local businesses impacted by the sudden withdrawal of linen services from Gippsland by South Pacific Laundry.
- Darren Chester attends 2022 Mother's day Classic in Sale around Lake Guthridge
Remembering loved ones through charity runs.
- Still time to nominate local heroes for 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year
There is still time to nominate your local heroes for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year.
- Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of the Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Rehabilitation of Cape Woolamai foreshore resulting from damage caused unauthorised activities under way
Bass Coast Shire Council is undertaking works to rehabilitate a deliberately damaged section of the Cape Woolamai foreshore.
- Easter feast of events in the Middle of Everywhere are set to kick off in Wellington Shire this April 2022
From aviation and fashion to arts and music, with plenty for food and wine lovers to enjoy, the calendar of events will provide an economic boost to the region.
- Extension of First Home Loan Deposit Scheme supports Gippslanders achieve their dream of owning a home
Support for those who plan to buy and own a home.
- Second Sandhill Ashes on 3 April 2022 at Sarsfield Cricket Ground - funniest match of cricket in Gippsland
The greatly anticipated second instalment of the Sandhill Ashes event is fast approaching.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- New home for Maffra Neighbourhood House with $54,345 from federal Building Better Regions Fund
Maffra Neighbourhood House will have its own dedicated facility thanks to funding from the Federal Government.
- Kindergarten registration for 2023 in South Gippsland Shire now open
Three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten registration for 2023 opens Sunday 1 May.
- Cowes foreshore gets new groynes to improve coastal protection from Bass Coast Shire Council
Eight new timber groynes are now in place to protect the Cowes East foreshore from erosion.
- Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
Works on Cowes East Foreshore will begin on 1 February and be completed by the end of July, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Gilbert Rochecouste from Village Well conducts public space activation improvement audits on Sale and Maffra for Wellington Shire Council
Business owners led one of Australia's leading placemaking experts through Wellington Shire town centres last week to look at how they could be made as vibrant and lively as possible.
- 'Detox Your Home' available at Koonwarra and Wonthaggi Transfer Stations on Sunday 31 October
Highly toxic items, such as chemicals, should never be put in your rubbish bins or poured down the drain. You can drop off household chemicals at our free Detox Your Home events, held around Victoria.
- Free event for International Women's Day at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on 8 March 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council is hosting a free event for International Women's Day on Tuesday, 8 March at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- Murray Street and Biggs Drive intersection upgrade gets $650,000 funding from Blackspot Program 2021/22 and Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to Unlock Opportunities in Wonthaggi, with significant pedestrian safety upgrade works on the intersection of Murray Street and Biggs Drive about to get underway.
- Controversial Grantville sand mine extension in Bass Coast gets a green light ignoring the environmental risks
Bass Coast Shire Council is shocked and disappointed that the extension of a controversial sand mine in Grantville will go ahead after it was given the green light by the state government this week.
- Wonthaggi to Inverloch trail funded $3M from Victorian government's Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is thrilled to announce that the State Government's Growing Suburbs Fund will contribute $3 million to the development of a 14 kilometre path between Inverloch and Wonthaggi.
- Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay Project concept plans need community feedback from Bass Coast residents
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue its development of concept plans for the potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Inverloch shared pathway along Surf Parade is underway to complement the existing infrastructure
Bass Coast Shire Council's construction of the next stage of the Inverloch Shared Pathway along Surf Parade is progressing well and is on track to be completed by the end of May.
- Sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to improve its local road network, with the sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo, between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road.
- Bass Coast looks forward to working with the Victorian government to help with 2026 Commonwealth Games
Bass Coast Shire Council welcomed today's 2026 Commonwealth Games hosting announcement and looks forward to working with the State Government on securing popular sports.
- Advocacy Priority list endorsed and several important grant applications supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Revised and updated advocacy priorities that will seek funding.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- Special Charge Scheme to raise $400,000 for South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate to unlock investment in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council has declared a Special Charge Scheme to help fund an upgrade to the water supply at the South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate and allow the precinct to reach its full potential.
- Construction of Surf Parade Path extension in Inverloch begins
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to announce that construction of the next stage of the Surf Parade Shared Path in Inverloch will start in early February.
- Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve at Phillip Island will have public roads discontinued and closed
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to begin the statutory process to discontinue public roads within Phillip Island's Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve.
- Cowes to Rhyll boardwalk gets $416,000 for upgrade from Victorian government regional funding
Bass Coast Shire Council has welcomed new State Government funding towards its tracks and trails network, bringing benefits to the Bass Coast community.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Biggs Drive crossing upgrade will improve accessibility to Wonthaggi CBD and include pram access
Bass Coast Shire Council is fully funding this $40,000 project, which will get underway from Monday, 7 March and take two weeks to complete.
- Foreshore vandalism in Bass Coast Policy to be combated with new policy
Bass Coast Shire Council endorsed a new policy at its November Council Meeting, to provide a stronger response to illegal vegetation damage.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Visit artists home studios from 13-14 November 2021 during Open Studio West Gippsland
A weekend-long event for you to relax while you discover some of the amazing areas west Gippsland can offer.
- Kilcunda Caravan Park on Bass Highway gets new long-term lease
Bass Coast Shire Council has awarded a long-term lease for the Kilcunda Caravan Park, located on the Bass Highway in Kilcunda.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre with $650,000 construction grant from Wellington Shire Council
Construction is underway on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre, a new space for events and learning programs with a focus on sustainability and culture.
- Cowes boat ramp facility eastern car park to be upgraded
Bass Coast Shire Council is finalising plans for an upgrade of the eastern car park at the Cowes boat ramp facility.
- Bringing manufacturing home needed to solve growing shortages of essential chemicals and spare parts by Victorian farm businesses
The global supply chain took a battering in the COVID pandemic and now conflict between Russia and the Ukraine is further shaking the foundations of Victoria's key import and export markets.
- Number of planning applications is good news for economic growth in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council is supporting the region's economic growth through well-considered planning decisions.
- Works underway at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve Soccer Pavilion with $700,000 project under Sport and Recreation Victoria
Bass Coast Shire Council has started work to extend the Soccer Pavilion at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve.
- Construction on new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes has started
Bass Coast Shire Council has begun construction on a new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes.
- Enter your best photographs for 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to enter their best photographs in the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition.
- Jam Jerrup drainage upgrades along Foreshore Road
Bass Coast Shire Council will carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup in August.
- Stage two of $110,000 new footpath along Eastwood Road in north Bairnsdale
East Gippsland Shire Council has begun Stage Two of a new footpath along Eastwood Road, Eastwood, north of Bairnsdale.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Footpath renewal and parking bay upgrades of $80,000 in Inverloch under Bass Coast Capital Works Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has several renewal projects about to get underway in Inverloch.
- Omeo Recreation Reserve become temporary camp site as Omeo Caravan Park gets cleaned up after floods
East Gippsland Shire Council backed the establishment of an interim camping site at the Omeo Recreation Reserve.
- Celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community at Volunteer recognition events hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community.
- Community feedback wanted on old Mallacoota Kindergarten building being demolished by Wellington Shire Council
With the new kindergarten in Mallacoota now operational, the time has come to decommission and demolish the old building it replaced.
- Maffra Lawn Tennis club gets new fences rewed with $130,000 grant in partnership with Wellington Shire Council
Unsafe fences have been replaced as part of a major redevelopment of Maffra Lawn Tennis Club.
- Cowes in Phillip Island to get two new footpaths built
Bass Coast Shire Council will construct two new footpaths in Cowes, starting this August.
- Free camping at Omeo Recreation Reserve until 17 April 2020 as Omeo Caravan Park reopens for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council remains committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Ray Akers, Archie Towers, Ben Davies and the Junior Hive named in recognised at Wellington Shire Awards 2022
Recognising the advocacy of Mr Ray Akers as Citizen of the year and Mr Archie Towers as Young Citizen of the year through the Australia Day awars.
- Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project gets $2.98M support from federal government and Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $2.98 million commitment to the Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project by Zero Degrees Rosella.
- Sandhill Ashes new date - Sunday 10 April 2022 from 11am at the Sarsfield Cricket Ground (SCG)
Sandhill Ashes community cricket moving its event date.
- Nominations are now open for 2022 Australia day awards
Nominations are now open for the 2022 Australia Day Local Government Awards, nominations will only be accepted via the official forms, no other formats will be accepted.
- Bairnsdale residents getting improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services
Bairnsdale residents will have improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services when the Services Australia Service Centre in Bairnsdale undergoes an upgrade.
- Russell Northe questions Minister on when decision on proposed Delburn Wind Farm will be made
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has last week in Parliament questioned the Minister for Planning as to when a decision on the proposed Delburn Wind Farm is likely to be made.
- Nominations are now open for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Award
Nominations for Bass Coast Australia Day 2022 Awards.
- Some of Australia's most popular newspapers now available online through Wellington Shire libraries
People can read the newspapers from any library or at home with a library card.
- Kellie O'Callaghan elected as Mayor and Dan Clancey as Deputy Mayor for Latrobe City Council in 2021/22
New Mayor and Deputy Mayor have been elected.
- Sun sets on Gippsland life saving patrols in 2022 as busiest lifesaving season in Victoria ends
The red and yellow flags will be taken down on Gippsland clubs and state-wide beaches for the last time this season, ending Victoria's busiest lifesaving season to date.
- Andrews Labor Government 'to work from home if possible' causing strain in many businesses within CBD's across Victoria says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe submits questions to parliament for the minister for industry support and recovery.
- Building of Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park has started
Construction on two of Bass Coast Shire Council's major projects has now officially started, the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Maffra structure plan in Wellington Shire
Council is seeking community feedback for the Maffra structure plan.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street to get raised pedestrian crossing part with $128,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council
In a first for Bass Coast, a raised pedestrian crossing will be constructed at the intersection of Sandymount Avenue and Powlett Street in Inverloch this month.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- Bairnsdale Airport gets $340,000 grant for water main upgrade from federal Regional Airports Program and East Gippsland Shire Council
Work is underway at Bairnsdale Airport to replace the site's ageing water mains.
- Congratulations to Fiona Weigall for making Victorian Top 50 Public Sector Women as a General Manager in East Gippsland Shire Council
The IPAA Victoria Top 50 Public Sector Women was announced at a function in Melbourne on Friday. Fiona said it was humbling to be recognised among the state's leading public sector female leaders.
- Social housing investment in Warragul of $6.85M means more Victorians to a home through Andrews Labor government
More Victorians will have a place to call home thanks to the Andrews Labor government's social housing investment in Warragul.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Victoria's Chief Psychiatrist again not involved in decision to extend hard lock down by three more weeks
More youth are suffering mental ill-health because of Labor's extensive lockdowns.
- Further support for Gippsland job seekers with the extension of employment facilitator services
Funding to support and employ local job-seekers and facilitators.
- Sarah Nation, Terry Russell and Sian Lawler winners of 2022 #LOVEGIPPSLAND calendar photos
Local MP Darren Chester has announced the three winners of the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition.
- Community invited to help with recovery committees at Devon North Public Hall on 4 April 2022
In response to severe weather events in June and October last year, Wellington Shire Council is inviting people to form community-led recovery committees in impacted areas of the municipality.
Latest NewsForest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale receives $2M facility upgrade from federal government
More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Pet registration door knocking campaign by Regi-check ambassadors to commence in Baw Baw Shire
Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Latrobe City joins celebration of National Reconciliation Week from 27 May to 3 June 2022
Local artists Jessie McLennan, Rebecca Vandyk-Hamilton and Jeannie Haughton make 'Three Women on Kurnai Country' sculpture
More axed jobs to come in agriculture research and development leaving Victorian farmers less productive and sustainable
People with an eating disorder to get more support with $20M funding from Victorian government