Gippsland › Latest news › Bass Coast Local News
Activating our outdoor spaces this summer for business in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is helping local businesses to create outdoor trading and dining spaces across the Shire this summer.
Council received $500,000 from the State Government's COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Fund to create new outdoor dining spaces. As part of this project, two 'skiplets' will be installed. Skiplets are made from revamped skip bins that have timber floors, seating and coastal plants to accommodate diners in a COVID-safe way.
Two skiplets will provide additional outdoor dining opportunities in Inverloch and Newhaven this summer
Skiplets in place
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Michael Whelan said that a skiplet is located outside The Seaside Provider at Newhaven and will be located outside Gelato Al Mare in Inverloch. "The skiplets are being leased and will remain in place for six months," Cr Whelan said.
The funding will also be used to facilitate 16 parklets across the Shire, including some of the spaces established last summer. "In Inverloch, outdoor dining spaces have been set up in the car spaces along A'Beckett Street and The Inlet Hotel will continue outdoor trading in their purpose built shipping containers. Deck chairs will be available outside of the Inverloch Community Hub during office hours, weather permitting." Cr Whelan said.
Expression of interest opened
In San Remo, Westernport Hotel and San Remo Hotel customers will continue to enjoy the outdoor parklets that were activated last summer, as well as the new picnic tables that have been installed along the grassed foreshore area. In Cowes, The Esplanade has been transformed into one-way traffic to enable Hotel Phillip Island, M&O Cafe and Tapas and North Pier Hotel to expand their outdoor trading capacity.
"We've also just opened an Expression of Interest for Cowes-based businesses to operate from Olive Justice Place this summer. We welcome creative ideas from hospitality, beauty or retail businesses, community groups, children's entertainers, artists or creatives on how they can activate this precinct and help their business." Cr Whelan said.
Creating outdoor trading
In Grantville, the outdoor dining area set up between the shops will operate again this summer. "We continue to encourage businesses to contact our Business and Industry Development Team if they are interested in creating an outdoor trading space," Cr Whelan concluded.
For more information on outdoor activation, contact council's Business and Industry Development Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictures from Bass Coast Shire website.
Published by: email@example.com
- More outdoor trading over summer period to be encouraged by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will once again transform outdoor spaces to encourage more outdoor trading over the coming summer period.
- Extra opening hours for all outdoor pools for summer peak in Wellington Shire
Local swimmers will get some cool relief this summer with outdoor pools across Wellington Shire opening for at least three hours every day during the peak season.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Permit fees for outdoor dining waived by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will waive permit fees for hundreds of hospitality venues to encourage more outdoor dining to help the region bounce back from pandemic lockdowns.
- Bass Coast Shire offers fee-free green waste disposal for summer 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council's annual fee-free green waste disposal period is held to encourage residents and property owners to tidy up in preparation for summer and the fire season.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Free outdoor play sessions in Wellington Shire for children's week
Families across Wellington Shire will have plenty to celebrate during Children's Week, with free outdoor play sessions held in several locations.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- Bass Coast Shire prepares at Phillip Island for School Leavers Week 2021
The official School Leavers Week runs from 27 November to 4 December.
- Summer fun at Latrobe City libraries with Return Yourself to the Library and 'Big Summer Read' programs
Encouraging children not to just go back to the library but also to borrow and read books.
- Explore your backyard online this National Water Week with East Gippsland Water
Join us in an online learning festival to celebrate the national water week.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Fossil hunting guided tours to discover dinosaurs that roamed along Bunurong coastline in Bass Coast start 27 December 2021
Guided tours over the summer period for budding paleontologists at the Dinosaur Dreaming sites.
- Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island in Bass Coast to give local businesses access to Gigabit Internet connections
691 Businesses in the Monash electorate will benefit from cheaper and faster broadband with NBN Co announcing the establishment of a Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island - Bass Coast today.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Newhaven jetty in Bass Coast Shire ready to be renewed
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- Detox your Home event to encourage Wonthaggi to dispose of unwanted household chemicals on 31 Oct 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council is encouraging the community to dispose of unwanted household chemicals at the Detox your Home event, coming to Wonthaggi on Sunday, 31 October.
- Bass Coast Rail Trail wooden bridge east of Mouth of Powlett Road in Kilcunda to be renewed
Funding for the improvement of tracks, trails and the construction of the wooden bridge located along theBass Coast Rail Trail.
- Bass Coast Reconciliation Network calls to heal country as part of NAIDOC week 2021
Celebrating NAIDOC week through art, supporting the contribution and talent of the first nation in Bass Coast.
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Get tickets for the 2021 Bass Coast Business Awards held on Friday 18 February 2022
Tickets are now available for the 2021 Bass Coast Business Awards presentation night.
- Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods
People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Four local artists are facilitating FREE creative workshops with 'Big Art Small Halls' program
Come and enjoy with local artist to facilitate free creative workshops for the whole month of June.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants East rip off for Gippsland may be avoided says Darren Chester
The Federal Government is backing away from a plan which would have short-changed bushfire impacted communities in East Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Victorian businesses and community organisations can apply for $2,000 grants from COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government is helping businesses and the community breathe new life into local neighbourhoods as vaccination progressively delivers greater freedoms across the state from Friday.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- Wellington shire businesses eligible for disaster power outage payments
Financial assistance is now available for businesses in Wellington that experienced prolonged power outages after severe storms on October 29, 2021.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Top 12 best summer activities with kids in Gippsland for 2022
Summertime with the fam is the best time, and there are so many activities for the kids, family and kids to enjoy.
- Big step forward for Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail to create an interactive sound and light 'Gondwana Garden'
A masterplan developed for the community to experience dinosaur discovery, learning and creativity, a journey that links together history, community, culture and environment
- Enter your best photographs for 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to enter their best photographs in the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition.
- 'Detox Your Home' available at Koonwarra and Wonthaggi Transfer Stations on Sunday 31 October
Highly toxic items, such as chemicals, should never be put in your rubbish bins or poured down the drain. You can drop off household chemicals at our free Detox Your Home events, held around Victoria.
- Long grass inspections are being done in Bass Coast Shire so keep up the mowing
Bass Coast Shire Council's Emergency Management Officers are currently carrying out long grass inspections, which will continue into the new year.
- Foreshore vandalism in Bass Coast Policy to be combated with new policy
Bass Coast Shire Council endorsed a new policy at its November Council Meeting, to provide a stronger response to illegal vegetation damage.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Dinosaur from Bass Coast named as Victoria's official State Fossil Emblem
Proposed dinosaur trail, to give an experience and understanding about the fossil and dinosaurs that once roamed Bass Coast.
- Still time to nominate local heroes for 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year
There is still time to nominate your local heroes for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Guide Park Redevelopment $1.77 M project in Bass Coast Shire to begin early 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council awarded the tender for the Project at its December meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- List of best Victorian beaches to visit this summer in Gippsland
Tips for your Gippsland beach discovery bucket list for you to visit and have fun with friends and family.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of the Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Plan an Alpine summer holiday in Gippsland for 2021/22
Fresh mountain air, explore twisty rivers, shady forests and welcoming alpine villages.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Reminder for beach goers to swim between the flags from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is urging everyone to be safe by the water this summer and to always swim between the red and yellow flags at a patrolled beach.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Michael Whelan elected as Mayor and Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor for Bass Coast Shire Council in 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council has elected Cr Michael Whelan as Mayor and Cr Leticia Laing as Deputy Mayor at its November Meeting.
- Latrobe City to continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North outdoor pools
Latrobe City Council will continue to operate the Moe and Yallourn North Outdoor Pools following a review of the 2020/21 season.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Free public transport to revive Melbourne CBD from December to January 2022 says Property Council of Australia
Property Council of Australia joined the call for free public transport to drive the city's revitalisation.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- Baw Baw Shire residents can book additional hard waste pick up service to help with Spring cleanup
Additional hard waste collection bookings are now open for Baw Baw Shire residents looking to get their Spring cleaning done and dusted.
- Carol Blair from San Remo is 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year
Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winner of its 2022 Bass Coast Citizen of the Year at a presentation on Wednesday, 19 January.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- James Reid - Baw Baw Shire Planning Director departs to pursue potentially career-defining project in professional planning
Baw Baw Shire Council Director of Planning and Development James Reid to pursue a role with the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- Feedback sought on draft Smiths Beach town plan by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has developed the Draft Smiths Beach Town Plan, following extensive community engagement in 2020 and is now looking for feedback.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- New York Times recommends to see Bass Coast's own Penguin Parade
Bass Coast's own Penguin Parade featured at number 24 on The New York Times' 2022 list of 52 places to visit.
- Wellington shire residents now eligible for storm recovery assistance from Federal government
Funding to provide assistance to the residents affected by the storm in their recovery process.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Disaster assistance from federal funding for Bass Coast and South Gippsland after severe storms
Financial support now available to local governments in Bass Coast and Gippsland.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will be facilitating 'chats' with its employees and the community, throughout the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence campaign, which starts today (25 November).
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Residents can now make request online to Bass Coast Shire Council
Customers can now log their requests directly through Bass Coast Shire Council's website.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- Pet plan (Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021/25) adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has adopted its Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) 2021-25 at the October Council Meeting.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Sandy Point Music Festival gets $28,367 for 2021/22 summer series through Live Music Australia federal program
The Morrison Government is supporting the return of live music, with Sandy Point Music sharing in more than $2.5 million, as part of round three of the Live Music Australia program.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- The Lemon Hill Gallery at Wairewa recovers from Black Summer bushfires and back to supporting local artists
A gallery at Wairewa is giving local artists a chance to exhibit their work as the region recovers from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Recycled road method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi being used by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is using an innovative method to renew Matthew Street in Wonthaggi, between Broome Crescent and Stewart Street.
- Workshops and webinars to apply for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants program
Funding for grants to assist the local and small businesses in bushfire recovery.
- Cowes foreshore gets new groynes to improve coastal protection from Bass Coast Shire Council
Eight new timber groynes are now in place to protect the Cowes East foreshore from erosion.
- Swim for free at Thorpdale Pool in Baw Baw Shire this summer
Thorpdale Swimming Pool Committee has worked with Baw Baw Shire Council to provide a donation that will allow the community to swim for free.
- Nominations are now open for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Award
Nominations for Bass Coast Australia Day 2022 Awards.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Book readers in Wellington Shire invited to share reading experiences online via Zoom event
Online sharing of reading experiences to share with other participants.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Click and collect available at Wellington shire libraries so bookworms can continue reading during lockdowns
Libraries across Wellington Shire may be closed due to current restrictions, but bookworms can continue reading via the Click and Collect service.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Hospitality businesses across Victoria suffer losses from worsening post-pandemic staff shortages
More hospitality businesses across Victoria are today reporting losses due to the worsening post-pandemic staffing shortages in the industry.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Latrobe City Business Chamber formed to bring together local valley businesses and industry groups
Latrobe City Council is supporting the creation of a single business association to strengthen the voice of the business community.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Business Fibre Zones with 1 GB Internet connections coming to Warragul and Wonthaggi-Inverloch from agreement between state government and NBN Co
Victorians can look forward to more areas of their state being able to access the highest speed NBN speed tiers under a co-investment agreement between NBN Co Limited (NBN Co) and the Victorian Government, announced today.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Gippsland hospitality businesses will stay shut on Friday from unworkable rules imposed by Andrews Labor government
Ease of restriction given to Victoria is not enough to keep businesses to stay open and recover.
- Latrobe City reminding businesses they can still access help from being affected by COVID-19 pandemic
Programs that could help local business owners in improving their businesses.
- East Gippsland small businesses can apply for support from $1M LaunchME program
Small businesses in East Gippsland will have access to services to help grow and sustain their businesses through the LaunchME program.
- Gippsland small and medium businesses can partake in $400 million of support from 'Victorian Business Support Package'
A new jointly funded package from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments will give Victorian small and medium businesses the extra support and confidence they need to recover from the recent lockdown.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- Free Trade Agreement: Russell Broadbent says our prosperity is in our hands
Grabbing every trade opportunity to help boost the economy and also people who had lost their jobs due to industry closures.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Remembrance Day commemoration for Baw Baw Shire will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph
Remembrance Day commemoration will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph on the corner of Smith and Victoria Streets
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Keith Cook sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor
Keith Cook has been sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor with a ceremony held this afternoon in the Fountain Room of the West Gippsland Art Centre.
- Exemption to current travel restrictions in South Gippsland available to those needing to carry out summer fire preparation activities
Travel permit applications that take between 2 - 5 business days to process, if sufficient time is not allowed for processing, this will result in your application being rejected.
- Snowy River railway trestle bridge will boost tourism for East Gippsland
Council working and supporting the locals in the restoration of the trestle bridge that will give long-term benefits for the community.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
Works on Cowes East Foreshore will begin on 1 February and be completed by the end of July, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
- Lakes Entrance Aqua Park opens as part of Summer Carnival 2022
Prepare for balancing, climbing, dodging, weaving and plenty of splashing because Lakes Entrance Aqua Park has just opened!
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Click and Collect for Wellington Shire libraries to resume
Library service allowing the members access books and resources during lockdown.
- Lakes Entrance town center works to revitalised and safety improved completed in time for summer tourist season
Works to revitalise and improve safety within the Lakes Entrance town centre have been completed as the popular East Gippsland destination prepares to welcome thousands of summer tourists.
- Get active close to home in Wellington Shire with awesome wellness map
Council has curated a list and map that includes wetlands, arts and beach trails, all within easy reach of Wellington's main urban areas.
- Community invited to online briefing on Warragul and Drouin preferred neighbourhood character design guidelines
Online open community briefing will be held by the council to present councillors and the community with the draft design guidelines that are proposed to define overall township character and inform planning for future developments.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Child care services in Wellington Shire gets boost of $230,000
Three child care providers in Wellington have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Advocacy Priority list endorsed and several important grant applications supported by Bass Coast Shire Council
Revised and updated advocacy priorities that will seek funding.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Grantville footpath replacement along Bass Highway to get start
Part of the footpath along Bass Highway in Grantville will be replaced in coming weeks.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- Free green waste disposal for Baw Baw Shire residents
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering residents free green waste disposal at selected transfer stations to help prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
- Landfill tender for South Gippsland out this weekend
Transfer stations and hard waste collection services to start on 3 July.
- CFA-declared fire danger period for Baw Baw Shire starts on 10 Jan 2022
The CFA-declared Fire Danger Period will commence at 1.00am on Monday, 10 January 2022.
- Study shows erosion impacts on Kilcunda foreshore in Bass Coast Shire
The Kilcunda Foreshore Erosion Options Assessment Report has recently been released, outlining a study into the impacts of erosion on the Kilcunda foreshore.
- Walk with dingos and much more while you are at Mt Baw Baw this summer
Round out the lofty walk with dingoes and a caffeine hit and sweet treat at Village Central.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- Darren Chester welcomes Offshore Electricity Infrastructure Bill to allow large Bass Strait projects with hundreds of local jobs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the introduction of legislation to develop offshore electricity infrastructure with local jobs at stake.
- These Girls & Boys Can Ride bike club supports local business along East Gippsland Rail Trail
What started as a bike ride with a few friends has turned into a group of over 100 members from across East Gippsland.
- Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has endorsed a strategy to deliver sustainable economic growth and a bright, thriving future for our region and its businesses.
- Cowes in Phillip Island to get two new footpaths built
Bass Coast Shire Council will construct two new footpaths in Cowes, starting this August.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- Jam Jerrup drainage upgrades along Foreshore Road
Bass Coast Shire Council will carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup in August.
- Feedback wanted by on draft Public Health and Wellbeing Plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community feedback, thoughts and suggestions on its draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Avoid Lake Guyatt in Sale as blue-green algae in season urged by Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council is urging the public to avoid coming into contact with the water in Lake Guyatt in Sale, due to a blue-green algae bloom.
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Michael Leaney elected as Mayor and Annemarie McCabe as Deputy Mayor for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Cr Michael Leaney, elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe, elected as Deputy Mayor.
- Online guide on how Gippslanders can live sustainably from Wellington Shire Council
Information on how to live sustainably is now easier to find thanks to an upgrade of Wellington Shire Council's online resources for local residents and businesses.
- Ian Bye elected Mayor and Marcus McKenzie Deputy Mayor of Wellington Shire in 2021
Elected as Wellington Shire Council Mayor and Cr Marcus McKenzie of Port Albert was elected Deputy Mayor, both councillors were elected to the positions unopposed.
- 'Live at the Park' one-day live music event coming to Drouin Civic Park this November
Event to be held at the newly upgraded Drouin Civic Park on Saturday 20th November to attract visitors and give a positive impact for the region.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- Access and inclusion on the agenda for Bass Coast
Council held an access and inclusion forum to help shape the development of a new disability action plan.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- Leanne Hurst appointed as Director of Planning and Development for Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire appoints a new director for planning and development.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Maffra's Cameron Sporting Complex $9.5 million redevelopment in Wellington Shire officially opened
After a number of frustrating cancellations due to Covid-19 restrictions, an official opening was finally held today for the Cameron Sporting Complex redevelopment.
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Yarragon dog lovers celebrate official opening of of newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve in Baw Baw Shire
Yarragon dog lovers and their four-legged friends have celebrated with Baw Baw Shire Council at the official opening of the Shire's newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve.
- Stars align in Latrobe Valley as Women's Big Bash Cricket featuring home-grown Nicole Faltum heads to Moe
The Big Bash summer of cricket will sizzle in the City of Latrobe with the Melbourne Stars to make their WBBL debut at Moe's Ted Summerton Oval on October 23 and 24.
- Free gift vouchers for some of Gippsland's best places to eat, drink and be merry
Give more meaningful gifts this holiday season, and in doing so give back to the tourism industry which has been doing it tough throughout the pandemic.
- Mark Reeves elected Mayor and Arthur Allen Deputy Mayor for East Gippsland Shire in 2021
Cr Mark Reeves of Marlo has been elected Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council at a Statutory Meeting held on Thursday, October 28.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
Latest NewsMoe Play Space in Apex Park gets changing places accessible toilet from Latrobe City Council with $110,000 from Victorian government
Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Gippsland rural airstrips and aerodromes can apply for grants of between $5,000 and $3M from federal Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program
Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Green light for Australia Day celebrations to go ahead in Latrobe City
Join in the Australia Day celebrations across Baw Baw Shire
Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022