Gippsland › Latest news › Wellington Local News
Survey for local businesses to help measure the full impact of South Pacific Laundry sudden withdrawal from Gippsland
Wellington Shire Council wants to hear from any local businesses impacted by the sudden withdrawal of linen services from Gippsland by South Pacific Laundry.
Council understands that mostly hospitality, tourism and health businesses have been affected since the company stopped servicing the region early this year. Wellington and East Gippsland Shire Councils, in collaboration with Small Business Victoria, have created a survey for local businesses to help measure the full impact and find a solution.
Industry survey has been created by East Gippsland and Wellington Shire Councils, in collaboration with Small Business Victoria, to help understand the extent of this impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Gippsland businesses
Struggling to operate
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Ian Bye said some businesses had told council they were struggling to operate and had to close bookings due to no longer being able to provide clean linen.
"These are mainly accommodation providers and restaurants which use linen such as white tablecloths, bedsheets and towels. They are businesses which have felt the full brunt of the Covid pandemic over the last two years so this couldn't come at a worse time for them." Cr Bye said.
Communicating with businesses
Mr Bye said, "While some businesses who used the linen service have been able to find a solution, unfortunately others have had to stop taking bookings because of the difficulties and huge costs involved in sourcing clean linen at such short notice.
"Council has been in communication with some businesses impacted but to really understand the full extent of the problem, we need businesses to take part in this survey." Mr Bye concluded.
Impacted businesses are encouraged to fill out the survey by 2 March at industry survey or contact Council's Concierge Business Support Officer Kirsten Power on at email@example.com or 5142 3254.
Pictures from Wellington Shire Council Facebook page.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- 'Shop local' and support small businesses to keep our Gippsland economy and community thriving
Importance of buying locally made products is that it helps the small businesses thrive.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- Businesses and employees participation wanted in 2022 Business and Industry Survey by Bass Coast Shire Council which is open until Monday 23 May
Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Business and Industry Survey is now open. We are calling on our 3,200 businesses, employing almost 11,000 people to participate in the survey.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Local artists showcased their musical talents at the all-ages music event supported by Wellington Shire Youth Council and FReeZA crew Propellor
Local artists showcased their musical talents in front of a big crowd at the recent All-Ages Tour, which was organised and hosted by Wellington Shire Youth Council.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Local artists Jessie McLennan, Rebecca Vandyk-Hamilton and Jeannie Haughton make 'Three Women on Kurnai Country' sculpture
Local first Nations women to be honoured with life size artwork sculpture called 'Three Women on Kurnai Country' from the local artists Jessie McLennan, Rebecca Vandyk-Hamilton, and Jeannie Haughton.
- Local psychologist Dr Sharee Johnson launches book 'The Thriving Doctor' at Port of Sale
Local psychologist and executive coach Sharee Johnson will launch her book The Thriving Doctor at Port of Sale this month
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations get Community Infrastructure Grant Program funding from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Four local artists are facilitating FREE creative workshops with 'Big Art Small Halls' program
Come and enjoy with local artist to facilitate free creative workshops for the whole month of June.
- Local emergency services for regional Victoria should feature in 2022-23 Victorian budget
Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull is hoping to see some key projects ticked off in next week's State Budget.
- Former local mayor Brett Tessari announced as Nationals Bass Coast candidate for 2022 Victorian election
Bass Coast local Brett Tessari has been officially announced as The Nationals' candidate for Bass in the 2022 State Election.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Local artists featured in the Australian Wood Design Exhibition at the Orbost Exhibition Centre 26 March - June 19
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Australian Wood Design Exhibition which is at the Orbost Exhibition Centre until June 19.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- Baw Baw local arts, culture and events industry gets solid support by council 2022/23 budget
Council's Annual Budget delivers support for the local arts, culture and events industry to draw more visitors to the region and create vibrant and connected communities for the Shire.
- Local community shapes future plans for vacant land at Rollo Street in Yarragon
Council adopted the Rollo Street, Yarragon Masterplan, a planning document that will guide the future development of a vibrant, new community space.
- Local residents must have a voice in Traralgon Creek flood review Mr Northe says
Residents wanting to better understand why the emergency and evacuation systems failed to function.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- Victorian businesses and community organisations can apply for $2,000 grants from COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government is helping businesses and the community breathe new life into local neighbourhoods as vaccination progressively delivers greater freedoms across the state from Friday.
- Brumby carcasses found by locals in East Gippsland bush requires explanation from Andrews Labor government about culling program
Following reports of brumby carcasses being found in the East Gippsland bush, local Nationals MP, Tim Bull, has asked the Environment Minister to come clean on the details of the program.
- Federal Local Economic Recovery program funds $1.4 million for improvements to Buchan streetscape in East Gippsland
Buchan streetscape will be upgraded thanks to Federal Government funding through the Local Economic Recovery Program.
- Baw Baw Shire local roads network improvement gets $11.21M boost in funding for 2022/23 from council
Baw Baw Shire Council's budget investment for local roads improvement.
- Latrobe City reminding businesses they can still access help from being affected by COVID-19 pandemic
Programs that could help local business owners in improving their businesses.
- Calling on local volunteers to register or nominate for East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll
Council is calling on volunteers to register or nominate for the East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island in Bass Coast to give local businesses access to Gigabit Internet connections
691 Businesses in the Monash electorate will benefit from cheaper and faster broadband with NBN Co announcing the establishment of a Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island - Bass Coast today.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- East Gippsland small businesses can apply for support from $1M LaunchME program
Small businesses in East Gippsland will have access to services to help grow and sustain their businesses through the LaunchME program.
- Gippsland hospitality businesses will stay shut on Friday from unworkable rules imposed by Andrews Labor government
Ease of restriction given to Victoria is not enough to keep businesses to stay open and recover.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Gippsland small and medium businesses can partake in $400 million of support from 'Victorian Business Support Package'
A new jointly funded package from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments will give Victorian small and medium businesses the extra support and confidence they need to recover from the recent lockdown.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- Still time to nominate local heroes for 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year
There is still time to nominate your local heroes for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Wellington shire businesses eligible for disaster power outage payments
Financial assistance is now available for businesses in Wellington that experienced prolonged power outages after severe storms on October 29, 2021.
- Hospitality businesses across Victoria suffer losses from worsening post-pandemic staff shortages
More hospitality businesses across Victoria are today reporting losses due to the worsening post-pandemic staffing shortages in the industry.
- Survey for Lakes Entrance residents underway to help determine which areas are to be developed ahead of 2022 federal election
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester will be asking Lakes Entrance residents "what's next for our town" in a survey to be distributed ahead of the election on May 21.
- Community survey on the Great Southern Rail Trail - visitation and marketing plan
Have your say through the survey to help guide the council through the development of the Great Southern Rail Trail.
- Celebrate and shop locally in Latrobe CIty as part of Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 to 22 May 2022
Latrobe City Council is celebrating Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 - 22 May, encouraging the community to support small businesses by shopping local.
- Expression of Interest by local artist for Brighten up Baw Baw Mural Projects wanted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and collectives to deliver exciting and vibrant public art pieces at three pedestrian friendly locations in Baw Baw.
- Federal government provides $131.8M for local road maintenance in West and Central Gippsland under the Roads to Recovery funding
Local road maintenance in Monash will receive a boost thanks to funding under the Australian government's Roads to Recovery Program.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Closure of Westpac Morwell branch is another kick in the guts for local businesses and residents says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe said the pending closure of Westpac's Morwell Bank branch in Commercial Road was another kick in the guts for Morwell businesses and residents.
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Stony Creek Racecourse with live music and local market stalls in South Gippsland on 19 February 2022
Relax and unwind at the gorgeous Stony Creek Racecourse on 19 February with live music in local market stalls!
- Applications open for $2,500 to $20,000 grants so local organisations and community groups can join Queen's Jubilee tree planting program
Local organisations and community groups can apply to be a part of the Planting Trees for the Queen's Jubilee program.
- Feedback wanted from families for local kindergarten providers and Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council and local kindergarten providers want to hear from families, to better understand kindergarten needs for the Shire into the future.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Restrictions still apply in Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity burning off guidelines outside of the Fire Danger Period
The CFA's Fire Danger Period has now ended in Bass Coast, however some restrictions still apply to burning off under Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity 2012.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Latrobe City Business Chamber formed to bring together local valley businesses and industry groups
Latrobe City Council is supporting the creation of a single business association to strengthen the voice of the business community.
- Emma Wiggle and Elsa from Frozen appear at local parks in Wellington Shire from 5 to 13 March 2022 as part of Parks Week
Parks Week runs from 5 to 13 March with a jam-packed calendar of free or affordable events for the whole family.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Feedback wanted in the Local Law review for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently reviewing its Local Law and is calling on the community to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to pursue enforcement options if any local laws breached by new wind turbine on private property near surf beach
Bass Coast Shire Council is aware of the Wind Turbine installed on private property in Surf Beach in recent days, the council also understands and share the community's concerns about the turbine.
- South Gippsland Council secures $55,000 extra funding from Minister for Water to develop the Integrated Water Management Plan
South Gippsland Shire Council has been successful in securing grant funding to develop an Integrated Water Management Plan for South Gippsland.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- New Maryvale Mill Energy from Waste Facility will add local jobs from federal government's $48.2M investment through Modern Manufacturing Initiative program
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's commitment of $48.2 million to the energy from waste facility at the Maryvale Mill through the Modern Manufacturing Initiative.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- New survey shows declining youth mental health post pandemic highlighting need to rejuvenate Victorian mental health workforce
A new survey today detailing the declining mental health of young people after the pandemic has further highlighted the urgent need to rejuvenate Victoria's fatigued mental health workforce.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Federal assistance of $7 million paid to Gippsland local governments for first quarter 2021-22
Local governments in Monash have received their first 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Darren Chester challenges Gippslanders to buy local produce and shop at local stores
While we can't physically attend any of our hospitality or retail venues right now you can still support local jobs by purchasing a takeaway meal or buying clothing or gifts via click and collect.
- Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre leads the way at 2022 Local Government Professionals awards
The Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) has been recognised as a leading community facility in Victoria at the 2022 Local Government Professionals awards.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- Old Methodist Church in Traralgon found to be of local historic significance to Latrobe City by heritage assessment
A heritage assessment of Traralgon's Old Methodist Church has been received by council saying that it is found to be of local historic significance to Latrobe City.
- South Gippsland Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 15 June 2022
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Applications open for Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations grants from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications are now open for up to $1,000 for Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant.
- First advocacy strategy adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council after listening and working with local community
At the 29 June council meeting, council adopted its first Advocacy Strategy and a new Advocacy Priority Project List.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- East Gippsland to install 11 EV fast-charging stations with $400,000 from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland is about to roll out the first public electric vehicle (EV) fast-charging network for the region.
- South East Melbourne Phoenix migrates to Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium in Traralgon for 2022 NBL season
South East Melbourne Phoenix takes a match against the Adelaide 36ers at the new-look stadium, million dollar upgraded Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS).
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- These Girls & Boys Can Ride bike club supports local business along East Gippsland Rail Trail
What started as a bike ride with a few friends has turned into a group of over 100 members from across East Gippsland.
- Parks Minister Lily D'Ambrosio should apologise to East Gippsland businesses for slow response to repair bushfire damage
New staff to help repair infrastructure damaged during the two-year ago bushfires has finally been announced.
- Baw Baw Shire gets nearly $3.6M from federal government Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed $3.5 million in Australian government funding that will see the completion of three significant community infrastructure projects across the Shire.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Join South Gippsland Australia Day Short Film and Photography competition for 2022
Short film and photography competition hosted by the council that will be shown in Leongatha cinema.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- Councils in West and South Gippsland will share in $2.1B Commonwealth Cash Boost for flooding and COVID-19 recovery
Five councils in the Monash electorate will benefit from the Australian government's $2.1 billion pre-payment on next year's Financial Assistance Grant to all councils across Australia.
- Restoring shellfish reef ecosystems in Gippsland Lakes will help protect environment and boost local jobs and tourism
A new native shellfish reef will bring new life to the Gippsland Lakes as well as providing a boost of up to 25 local jobs and enhancing tourism and recreation.
- West and South Gippsland residents and business share in $300M in COVID-related payments
COVID-19 Payments details that have been distributed across west and south Gippsland.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- Farm gate trails offering taste-led tours for locals and tourist for East Gippsland
Taste-led tours lets the region showcase high-quality Gippsland beef and excellent wild-caught seafood, along with quality wines, craft beer, olives and olive oil, chocolate and condiments.
- East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Funding for works on the rail trail from Bairnsdale to Orbost.
- Key plans adopted by South Gippsland Shire council and more
South Gippsland Council adopted key plans to help them shape up the shire, understanding and delivering community expectations and needs.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Help catalogue biodiversity in Latrobe City as part of Great Southern BioBlitz 2021
The hunt is on to catalogue and celebrate Latrobe City's biodiversity as the Great Southern BioBlitz 2021 blooms across the hemisphere.
- Federation University in Churchill has new pathway for local students to study medicine
Local MP Darren Chester has welcomed the introduction of a new pathway at Federation University to allow local students to study medicine.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- Bass Coast shop front improvement program delivered rebates to 41 businesses as part of the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
With the assistance of the rebates, nearly 30 projects have already been completed, such as external signage, painting, minor repairs, accessibility improvements and lighting upgrades.
- Great Southern Rail Trail to be extended with $6 million funding from Regional Infrastructure Fund
Boosting tourism while creating jobs for the locals through the Gippsland track and trails project.
- Gippslanders are owed an explanation for Victorian Government backing imported timber over the local product says Darren Chester
Call for a review with the government decision in importing timber instead of using Victoria's good quality timber.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Hallston Mechanics Institute and Warragul RSL Sub-Branch share in $1.5M to from local veterans from federal Saluting Their Service grant
The sacrifice and service of veterans in Warragul and Hallston will be further commemorated and recognised with Hallston Mechanics Institute and Warragul RSL Sub-Branch sharing in $1.5 million from the Morrison Joyce government.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Call for Gippslanders to help by donating blood or plasma made by Darren Chester
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to roll up their sleeves and donate blood or plasma.
- Outrage among regional motorists as new data shows most neglected local government areas in country Victoria
The sad state of country roads is driving outrage among regional motorists with new data painting a picture of Victoria's most neglected local government areas.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation joins One Gippsland as local voice of Aboriginal people
One Gippsland has welcomed an important new member with the Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation (GLaWAC) joining the Board to help drive a more inclusive agenda across Gippsland.
- Leadership training providers in West and South Gippsland needed to apply for federal Building Resilient Regional Leaders Initiative pilot program
Applications for funding to support current and emerging regional leaders to develop leadership and resilience skills are now open,eligible training providers are encouraged to send their applications for the grant.
- Andrews Labor Government 'to work from home if possible' causing strain in many businesses within CBD's across Victoria says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe submits questions to parliament for the minister for industry support and recovery.
- Replacement of Downies Bridge timbers in Traralgon South is nearing completion with help of federal government's Bridges Renewal Program
Work to upgrade Downies Bridge in Traralgon South is well underway.
- Great Southern Rail Trail extension between Leongatha and Nyora October 2021 update
Project that will help enhance the accessibility and economic growth of the region.
- Feedback wanted on draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan by South Gippsland Council
South Gippsland Shire Council is keen to hear your feedback on the draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan.
- Feedback wanted on draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan by South Gippsland Council
South Gippsland Shire Council is keen to hear your feedback on the draft Great Southern Rail Trail Visitation and Marketing Plan.
- Traralgon South Recreation Reserve upgraded with $340,584 from the Latrobe Valley Authority and $312,202 from Latrobe City Council
After a brief construction adjournment, the courts are back in session at the Traralgon South Recreation Reserve.
- How Labor is helping regional communities like Gippsland recover from storms
Funding made available to help communities recover from the storm.
- Neerim South War Memorial restored with support from the Victoria Remembers Grant Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has completed restoration works on the War Memorial in Neerim South.
- Exemption to current travel restrictions in South Gippsland available to those needing to carry out summer fire preparation activities
Travel permit applications that take between 2 - 5 business days to process, if sufficient time is not allowed for processing, this will result in your application being rejected.
- Measures to stop repeat of fireweed disturbance at Clifton Creek in Wellington Shire
Additional measures are being put in place to prevent a repeat occurrence of possible fireweed disturbance in the Clifton Creek area.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Mallacoota Pony Club getting ready to resume operations using $296,000 grant from federal Local Economic Recovery program
Local MP Darren Chester has congratulated members of the Mallacoota Pony Club for getting work underway to resume operations.
- Woolamai Surf Life Saving clubs in South Gippsland celebrate leadership and achievements of women
State-wide initiative, lifesavers from across Victoria, banded together in pink on the weekend to celebrate female leadership in lifesaving.
- Feedback wanted from Gippslanders on Connecting Victoria survey from state government
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian Government's ground-breaking Connecting Victoria Engagement Report that outlines the digital connectivity issues in regional Victoria.
- Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's biggest survey to understand regional needs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's Biggest Survey.
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Proposals and ideas wanted on how to best use federal funding from 'Local Jobs Program' for Gippsland
Support program on improving jobseeker skills and employment pathways.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Head off with the kids on super-tasty food-focused road trip supporting local farm gates in East Gippsland
School holidays are approaching, so it's time to plan a road trip with the kids, a cooler bag and a picnic blanket.
- NYE on the Hill 2021 three day festival near Loch Village in South Gippsland gets $178,200 from federal Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand Fund
Receiving support from the government to give more opportunities to the arts sector, as well as job opportunities for the community.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Special Charge Scheme to raise $400,000 for South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate to unlock investment in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council has declared a Special Charge Scheme to help fund an upgrade to the water supply at the South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate and allow the precinct to reach its full potential.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Andrews Labor government to spend another $100M to axe local Victorian timber jobs
Labor's native timber ban will leave more destruction and uncertainty for the Victoiran fafmilies and communities.
- Landfill tender for South Gippsland out this weekend
Transfer stations and hard waste collection services to start on 3 July.
- One Gippsland says 2022/23 Victorian budget will help boost to recovery of region
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian government's broader investment in health, economic recovery and support for First Nations Victorians.
- Men's Sheds for West and East Gippsland get funding to continue improving the local men's health
Funding granted for more men's sheds across the region to help them build their connectivity and share their skills.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Facts on euthanasia of Walter the dog cleared up CEO of South Gippsland Shire Council Kerryn Ellis
A statement from South Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer, Kerryn Ellis.
- Metung Hot Springs upgrades progressing well with funding from private investment and federal Local Economic Recovery Program
Work on the multi-million dollar Metung Hot Springs is progressing well with local MP Darren Chester saying the project will create jobs and transform the East Gippsland visitor economy.
- Independent MPs help Labor make it harder to own a home in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland
Independent MPs have joined with Labor MPs to pass a new housing tax.
- Federal government grants MediPharm Labs in Wonthaggi to $466,577 and create more local manufacturing jobs
Grant to modernize a local company, MediPharm Labs to create greater efficiency and competitiveness.
- Triangle Park in Marlogets $300,000 grant from Victorian government's Local Economic Recovery Program
Triangle Park in Marlo is getting an upgrade, with the $300,000 project expected to be finished before Easter.
- Over $4.77M invested by Liberal and Nationals Government for priority Gippsland projects to met local communities needs
Liberal and Nationals Government investing over $4.77 million in South Gippsland to help communities recover from the pandemic.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Bellbird Park soccer pitch gets $800,000 funding from Victorian government through Local Sports Infrastructure fund
Bellbird Park's main soccer pitch is set for redevelopment thanks to a $800,000 funding boost from the Victorian government's Local Sports Infrastructure Fund.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Robert Burns of Churchill promotes Latrobe City for 20 years as volunteer at local visitor information centre
Latrobe City Council has commemorated the contribution of a volunteer who has given 20 years of service.
- Drop-in sessions for 2022/23 community grants in South Gippsland Shire set to open from 1 July 2022
With Community Grants for 2022/23 opening on July 1, our Community Strengthening team is hitting the road to provide advice to the community.
- Federal budget to support Gippsland's recovery with a focus on infrastructure spending and cost of living relief for local families
Darren Chester MP welcomes commitment to continue funding major infrastructure projects in Gippsland for local roads, bridges, community facilities and better telecommunication services
- East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council winning the Improving Planning Processes Award for their planning partnership
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have won a national award for their unique planning partnership.
- Gippsland Water to build organic waste facility with $4.8M federal funding via Food Waste for Healthy Soils program
A local water corporation, Gippsland Water, has received $4.788 million to improve facilities and efficiency with funding provided by the previous federal government.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- Gippsland lifesaver Barrie Smith of Seaspray and Alpine First Aid and Training recognised in Life Saving Victoria Awards of Excellence
Local lifesavers and facilities from the Gippsland region have been recognised in Life Saving Victoria's (LSV's) 2021 Awards of Excellence.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- Community invited to help with recovery committees at Devon North Public Hall on 4 April 2022
In response to severe weather events in June and October last year, Wellington Shire Council is inviting people to form community-led recovery committees in impacted areas of the municipality.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy received $40,000 to connect carers from across Gippsland through formal and informal peer support programs
Local unpaid carers who selflessly support their loved ones will receive more support from the Victorian Government to help care for their own wellbeing.
- Peter Walsh says rapid testing will help Melbourne and regions in Victoria like Gippsland open up and stay open
Rapid COVID-19 testing as the key to put Victoria back on track.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Morrison government's $4.5B NBN upgrade will ensure West and South Gippsland will benefit from ultra-fast broadband by 2023
NBN Co has announced a seventh tranche of suburbs and towns across Australia that will become eligible to upgrade to NBN's Fibre to the Premises (FTTP).
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Project Reference Group appointed to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A project Reference Group (PRG) has been formally appointed by council to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Staying Alive driver expo at Leongatha Recreation Reserve to educate South Gippsland Shire students on road safety
On Thursday 16 June, students from several South Gippsland secondary schools attended the 'Staying Alive' Driver Expo at the Leongatha Recreation Reserve.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Misinformation on Coal Creek Community Park Museum dispelled by South Gippsland Shire Council Mayor, Mohya Davies
Mayor Cr Davies dispels misinformation going around Coal Creek Park and Museum.
- One Gippsland submits freight fast-track, tourism recovery, digital connectivity and job creation as funding priorities 2022/23 to governments
A number of local projects have been identified that will work to increase the liveability and prosperity of our regional cities and local towns.
- Gippsland students can apply for up to $18,000 assistance via Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging local students needing financial assistance to apply for round six of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts annual 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council adopted the 2022-23 Budget at its council meeting on Tuesday, June 28.
- Omeo Rodeo gets $170,800 funding for facility upgrades from federal Bushfire Recovery Local Economic Recovery Program
Omeo Rodeo has modernised its facilities after receiving Federal Government funding.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Voting on Victoria's worst roads to help develop a priority list to give to the Roads Minister encouraged to all Victorian motorists
Interim results of a safety campaign asking drivers to name Victoria's worst road have called out roads in eastern and central Victoria as the most dangerous, but there's still more time to have your say.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- Disaster assistance from federal funding for Bass Coast and South Gippsland after severe storms
Financial support now available to local governments in Bass Coast and Gippsland.
- Downies Bridge replacement in Traralgon South now complete funded through the Bridges Renewal Program
The replacement of Downies Bridge in Traralgon South is now complete.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield gets legal advice on eligibility for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
The heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield has received legal advice about its eligibility for the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program.
- Gippsland Country Music Festival returns to Mossvale Park in South Gippsland
Family-friendly, all-ages festival that showcases Australia's best country music including well-known legendary artists as well as the most exciting up-and-coming live acts.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- Landholders in East Gippsland to develop wildlife refuges with $1 million grant to 'Trust for Nature' as part of bushfire recovery
The Federal Government is backing local landholders and communities in East Gippsland to lead the way in bushfire recovery through a $1 million grant to support the regeneration of impacted plants and animals.
- Illegal protests near Snobs Creek in Gippsland's high country are detrimental to local families
Increased activism at coupes which has a flow-on effect to worksite risks for industry workers, stopping access to timber coupes near Snobs Creek in Victoria's high country.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Kindergarten registration for 2023 in South Gippsland Shire now open
Three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten registration for 2023 opens Sunday 1 May.
- New female friendly pavilion at Darnum Recreation Reserve from $500,000 grant Victorian government Local Sports Infrastructure Fund
The netballers at Nilma Darnum Football Netball Club can say goodbye to changing in the back of the car, thanks to the completion of the new game changing female friendly pavilion at the Darnum Recreation Reserve in Darnum.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Feedback wanted from Gippslanders on review of the National Landcare Program
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to have their say as part of the review of the National Landcare Program.
- Amphibious harvester arrives in Wellington Shire to help clean up weed problem in lakes
A weed-eater that would help clean up the weed-causing problems at the lakes.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- Rates notices issued in South Gippsland Shire
Contact the rate team for your revenue rates and concerns.
- Impact from archaic seclusion and restraint approach on complex mental patients ignored by Andrews Labor government
VMIAC found Victoria's mental health services were using physical restraints and seclusion more often in 2021 than the previous year, with 56 percent of all services reporting an increase.
- Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve upgraded with $1.92M funding from federal and Victorian government Local Economic Recovery program
Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve will undergo a much-needed upgrade thanks to Federal and State Government funding.
- Feedback wanted from Gippsland dairy farmers on Dairy Code of Conduct
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippsland dairy farmers to have their say on the Dairy Code of Conduct.
- Roll out rapid testing to help save iconic Victorian spring racing carnival
Major event that has been awaited by the crowd to forecast on 5 November.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- TAFE Gippsland Warragul campus upgrade complete and now world-class training facility
The Andrews Labor government has completed its multimillion-dollar upgrade of TAFE Gippsland's Warragul campus, giving local jobseekers the chance to train in world-class facilities before entering a rewarding career.
- Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation and Latrobe City Council to create opportunities for local aboriginal community
Program that will focus on creating employment opportunities for Aboriginal community members to reconnect with the Country and develop and share their skills and knowledge.
- Continuing lockdown impact on youth mental health contradicts Andrews Labor claims that post-COVID support programs not needed
Dire and ongoing impacts of lockdown on youth mental health exposed in another report today have raised more questions on Labor's claim post-COVID support programs are 'no longer required'.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre officially opened by Minister for Regional Development Mary-Anne Thomas as centerpiece of the $42M Latrobe Creative Precinct
The much-anticipated Gippsland Performing Arts Centre has opened its doors to the public, with the state-of-the-art space to become a drawcard for locals and visitors bringing top acts to the region.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Gippsland Water draft Price Submission to the Essential Services Commission ready for community feedback sought in early July
More than 3,500 customers have helped shape Gippsland Water's plans and pricing for the next five years.
- Gippsland not-for-profit kindergardens can apply for grants from $7.5M from state government fund to improve ventilation
Victorian Government is helping kindergarten services across Eastern Victoria reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, with support for better ventilation measures to help keep children and staff COVIDSafe.
- Hopeful return of full duck season in Victoria for 2022 says Tim Bull
The Nationals Member for Gippsland East, Tim Bull said 2022 will hopefully see the return of a full duck season in Victoria.
- Three new breweries in from Orbost, Warragul and Traralgon helping put Gippsland on the beer lover's map
Three new breweries in Gippsland for you to visit.
- Federal seat of Gippsland with Darren Chester MP declared first by Australian Electoral Commission with highest number of votes
The seat of Gippsland was the first in Victoria to be 'officially declared' by the Australian Electoral Commission, with local MP Darren Chester recording the highest number of primary votes in Australia.
- How Labor's tax hike will slug Gippsland farmers, families and businesses
Victorians pay the highest land taxes in Australia, but still the government is hiking them up even further.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- West Gippsland gets more than 300 new three-and four-year-old extra kindergarten places from Victorian government
The Andrews Labor government is helping families in West Gippsland get their kids into early childhood learning by creating more than 300 new three-and four-year-old kindergarten places.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Budget and financial plan for 2021/22 adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council
Budget and financial planning 2021-22.
- Winners of 2021 Business Awards held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo announced by Bass Coast Shire Council
Local businesses were in the spotlight on Friday (18 February) night, as Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winners of the 2021 Business Awards at an event held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo.
- Wurruk development four-year strategic plan adopted by Wellington Shire Council to help address acute housing shortage
Council today took the first step to address Wellington's acute housing shortage, paving the way to facilitate the development of around 1600 new housing lots.
- Online guide on how Gippslanders can live sustainably from Wellington Shire Council
Information on how to live sustainably is now easier to find thanks to an upgrade of Wellington Shire Council's online resources for local residents and businesses.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Update on Esso Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) projects in Gippsland to help reduce Carbon Dioxide emissions
The Committee for Gippsland's Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster hosted a presentation from Esso Australia in Sale last week, updating members on Esso's Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS) projects.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- Monaro Highway in East Gippsland is rapidly deteriorating and requires urgent attention from Victoria's road management
The Monaro Highway, a critical freight route in and out of East Gippsland, is the latest in the local roads network requiring urgent attention with local Nationals MP.
- Celebrate East Gippsland Winter Festival from 17 June to 10 July 2022
Embrace the chill of the season in an abundant celebration of art, wine, local produce and live music across East Gippsland from 17 June to 10 July 2022.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Gippsland chosen as a regional Hydrogen Cluster as federal government commits $570M to hydrogen energy development
Gippsland has been chosen by National Energy Resources Australia (NERA) as one of a handful of clusters across Australia that will play a pivotal role in accelerating the development, deployment, and commercialisation of the hydrogen industry.
- Gippsland Community Leadership Program celebrates more than 25 years of developing regional leaders at Lardner Park
The Gippsland Community Leadership Program (GCLP) celebrated more than 25 years of developing regional leaders on Friday night at Lardner Park in the beautiful Baw Baw Shire.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- Gippsland to share in $3B Victorian economy boost from 2026 Commonwealth Games
Gippsland is set to shine on the world sporting stage in 2026, with the region being confirmed as one of the four regional hubs to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale receives $2M facility upgrade from federal government
The Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale will receive a $2 million boost if the federal coalition government is returned on Saturday.
- Further support for Gippsland job seekers with the extension of employment facilitator services
Funding to support and employ local job-seekers and facilitators.
- Gippsland's priority projects August 2021 update stated by One Gippsland Chair Brett Tessari
The One Gippsland alliance is celebrating its first birthday this month, and we are excited about the future of our region with the guidance and collaboration of our board.
- The Lemon Hill Gallery at Wairewa recovers from Black Summer bushfires and back to supporting local artists
A gallery at Wairewa is giving local artists a chance to exhibit their work as the region recovers from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Gippsland hydrogen cluster launched and well positioned to be a key player
The Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster was launched today during an online event by its auspicing body the Committee for Gippsland.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Worker shortage will derail Victorian and Gippsland farms and agriculture businesses
The Andrews Labor Government has failed to step up to the plate to solve a desperate shortage of workers across Victorian farms and agriculture businesses.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Community grants, drop-in sessions feedback and more from South Gippsland Shire Council
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Gippsland performing arts centre in Traralgon officially opens
Opening Night of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre, community gathers to breathe life into our new creative precinct.
- Gippslanders urged to visit Sale in October to see Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award - Archibald Prize
Entries on Young Archie 2021 exhibition in Gippsland are on exhibition on Level 2 of the Gippsland Art Gallery, from 27 Sep - 21 Nov 2021.
- East Gippsland Conservation Management Network gets $200,663 via Environment Restoration Fund to enhance protection of threatened Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies
East Gippsland Conservation Management Network (EGCMN) will improve protection for Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies in Gippsland thanks to federal government funding.
- Even faster broadband coming for South and West Gippsland
Suburbs and towns across Australia to become eligible to upgrade to NBN's Fibre.
- One Gippsland announces new leadership with Kellie O'Callaghan as Chair and Ian Bye Mayor as Deputy Chair
One Gippsland has elected a new Chair and Deputy Chair to lead the alliance through 2022 ahead of the Federal and Victorian elections.
- Enter your best photographs for 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to enter their best photographs in the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce to be established to help minimise the effects of the closure of power stations
Latrobe City Council is acting now to minimise the significant effects of the closure of power stations upon the municipality in the future.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre program ready for March 2022 opening
The stage is almost set for world-class shows and entertainment as construction of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre (GPAC) nears completion ready for the March 2022 opening.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt to glow purple for victims of domestic and family violence
The West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt will be lit up purple this Wednesday 4 May in memory of the lives of women and children lost to domestic and family violence.
- East Gippsland gets $2M through Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile voice and data connectivity
The Federal Member for Gippsland has welcomed over $2 million of funding in this year's budget to improve connectivity in East Gippsland, in partnership with Telstra.
- Federal support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
The Coalition Government is bolstering support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- Wellington Shire Council seeks community feedback on draft 2022/23 budget
Wellington Shire Council today released its draft 2022/23 budget to the community for public feedback.
- West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth clear walking track at Mt Worth State Park
Volunteers from the West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth have come together for a working bee to clear the walking track at Mt Worth State Park on Tuesday morning.
- Darren Chester says lack of progress on road safety projects on Princes Highway from Rosedale to New South Wales is frustrating
Local MP Darren Chester has expressed his frustration at the lack of progress on priority road projects in East Gippsland.
- East Gippsland residents encouraged to apply for new $250 Power Saving Bonus from 1 July 2022
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has encouraged all eligible East Gippsland residents to apply for the new $250 Power Saving Bonus (PSB).
- Recovery Committee (CRC) to be established in Traralgon to help with disasters and plan for future emergencies
Community-Led Recovery Committee will be established in Traralgon to help people bounce back from disaster situations and plan for future emergencies.
- Gippsland welcomes federal budget 2022-23 which includes a range of regional initiatives that will support region to grow and thrive
Federal budget 2022-23 release to continue support of growing Gippsland.
- East Gippsland welcomes new citizens in Bairnsdale for April 2022
East Gippsland's newest citizens have been officially welcomed at citizenship ceremony in Bairnsdale on Tuesday 26 April.
- New Gippsland culinary experiences at Sardine Cantina in Paynesville and Sodafish in Lakes Entrance
Put a pin in your foodie maps, new Gippsland culinary experiences await.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for Australia Day 2022
East Gippsland has welcomed 14 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held on Australia Day - Wednesday, January 26.
- Study shows erosion impacts on Kilcunda foreshore in Bass Coast Shire
The Kilcunda Foreshore Erosion Options Assessment Report has recently been released, outlining a study into the impacts of erosion on the Kilcunda foreshore.
- Gippsland state-owned schools, health and service organisations directed to move regional banks accounts to CBA, NAB and Westpac
State-owned schools, health services and organisations have been directed to close accounts with smaller regional banks and transfer funds to Commonwealth, Westpac or NAB banks.
- Gippsland Cancer Care Centre to get new Linear Accelerator as part of $11M funding package from the Victorian 2022/23 budget
Regional cancer patients will have access to brand new radiotherapy services closer to home, thanks to a massive funding boost in the Victorian Budget 2022/23.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Gippsland small to medium exporters can apply for federal Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) to co-fund international marketing and promotional expenses
Russell Broadbent MP has urged exporters in Monash to take advantage of the Coalition Government's improved export grants program.
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for September 2021
East Gippsland has welcomed 12 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held this morning, coinciding with Australian Citizenship Day - Friday, September 17.
- Gippsland rural airstrips and aerodromes can apply for grants of between $5,000 and $3M from federal Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program
The guidelines for round nine of the federal government,s Remote Airstrip Upgrade program have now been released.
- Gippsland live performance presenters and suppliers can apply for state support from event cancellations between May and September
The Victorian Government is providing more support for live performance events that have been cancelled due to the recent coronavirus restrictions.
- Gippsland Water invites primary school students to create their water story for the 2022 National Water Week poster competition
To celebrate National Water Week, Victorian water corporations are inviting primary school students to explore their own water stories and imagination and create a poster that reflects what it means to them.
- Gippsland government schools can apply for state funded solar panels through Greener Government School Buildings program
Applications for the school solar panel system are now open.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- TAFE Gippsland gets $4 million upgrade from 'TAFE Asset Maintenance Fund' to cater for growing enrolments at Warragul Campus
Warragul students will soon move into new state-of-the-art facilities at TAFE Gippsland, funded by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Gippsland motorists robbed of life-saving road upgrades as state and federal government dithers
Government failing to fast track the road safety upgrades putting regional communities in critical functioning.
- Gippsland and Latrobe Valley to benefit from federal Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs fund
The Federal Government's $1.2 billion hydrogen investment is set to boost economic activity and jobs in regional Australia.
- Gippsland tourism peak body aligns with Tourism Australia and encouraging vaccinations
National response for COVID-19, protecting yourself and the community.
- Gippsland residents reminded to submit photographs the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar
Encouraging photographers and the community to send their photograph entry for the calendar.
- Civil engineering scholarship $10,000 grant for Federation University Gippsland campus from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council offering a $10,000 scholarship to a local student undertaking civil engineering studies at Federation University's Gippsland campus.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- Activating our outdoor spaces this summer for business in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is helping local businesses to create outdoor trading and dining spaces across the Shire this summer.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- East Gippsland community grants open for application to 5 August 2022
Community groups and organisations across the shire are being encouraged to consider applying in the latest round of East Gippsland Shire Council's Community Grants Program.
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- Thirty-five East Gippsland communities get strengthened disaster telecommunications
Thirty-five East Gippsland communities will soon receive telecommunications systems to help ensure resilient communications are available during emergency events.
- East Gippsland Men's sheds encouraged to apply for grants up to $80,000 to improve facilities via 2022-23 Men's Shed Funding Program
Men's Sheds grants that support the establishment, expand or refurbish existing sheds across the state are now open.
- Plan from Gippsland One to get region on the political agenda in December 2021
One GIppsland makes a bid for federal and state budget funding, putting Gippsland on the political agenda.
- Plan from Gippsland One to get region on the political agenda in December 2021
One GIppsland makes a bid for federal and state budget funding, putting Gippsland on the political agenda.
- East Gippsland motorists encouraged to submit first-hand reports via an online portal for Vote for Victoria's Worst Road campaign
Three-month campaign to Vote for Victoria's Worst Road asks motorists to submit first-hand condition reports via an online portal to list the most dangerous hazards risking lives on our roads every single day.
- Best Gippsland caravan parks for amazing beach, river and bushland holidays in 2022
From soaring high country vistas to beaches that stretch on forever, lush rainforest and a labyrinth of limestone caves, Gippsland was made for caravanning.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- Important Gippsland projects funded by 2022/23 Victorian government budget announced by One Gippsland
With a new federal government in play and a state election at the end of the year, the One Gippsland team has been working hard to ensure that our beautiful region is top of mind for politicians and policy makers.
- Giant Gippsland Earthworms and Hooded Plovers get $500,000 from Morrison government Threatened Species Strategy Action Plan
Community-led program that aims to conserve, restore and protect native wildlife that share the same habitat.
- East Gippslanders dismayed by bushfire recovery grants program
Council disappointment on the recovery grants for bush fire damages, requesting urgent review on bush fire recovery funding allocation for Gippsland.
- Sun sets on Gippsland life saving patrols in 2022 as busiest lifesaving season in Victoria ends
The red and yellow flags will be taken down on Gippsland clubs and state-wide beaches for the last time this season, ending Victoria's busiest lifesaving season to date.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- East Gippsland hockey players score synthetic pitch for WORLD Sporting Precinct in Bairnsdale
Significant improvement done to the facilities of Women's Organisation for Recreation, Leisure and Development (WORLD) sporting precinct.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for November 2021
St Mary's Parish Centre in Bairnsdale was beaming with smiles today as 11 East Gippslanders officially became Australian citizens.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Wellington Council increases grants amount for non-profit community groups up to $6,000 in latest round fro 2022
Wellington Shire Council has made changes to its grants programs to help not-for-profit community groups with rising costs and COVID-19 recovery, and to make the application process easier for volunteers.
- Women in Business event to be held at West Gippsland Arts Centre on 17 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council will host a Women in Business event featuring Olivia White and a panel of outstanding local businesswomen for an evening full of inspiration and valuable advice to help local women meet their business goals.
- Low-income Gippsland households can apply for $1,000 rebate to replace old heaters from state government 'Home Heating and Cooling Upgrade' program
Heating upgrade grant to support low-income households.
- Everyone to enjoy Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre in Traralgon regardless of ability or language with introduction of Access Key
Latrobe City Council delivers Access Key to customise accessibility to Gippsland Aquatic Centre (GRAC) in Traralgon
- Men's sheds in Gippsland share $17,500 funding from National Shed Development federal program
Men's sheds in Gippsland have received a much-needed boost with funding from the Federal Government's National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
- Northe calls for Gippsland hospice care facility in Latrobe Valley and proposed Hazelwood House in Churchill
Message from Mr Russell Northe MP to Gippsland Hospice Family to advocate for the consideration of a dedicated hospice for the region.
- Tribute to Gippsland schools and staff for their long service and dedication via Recognition of Service to Victorian Education
Celebrating eastern Victoria's longest-serving public education staff.
- Fare freeze in Gippsland thaws increasing cost for passengers taking train or bus
Gippsland line passengers will pay more to take the train or bus from today, with public transport fees set to rise.
- Grants for Gippsland art organisations available from federal Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART)
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA) is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from Batch 1 of the Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- Applications open for Gippsland Recycling centres grants up to $500,000 from Victorian government $40.9M Regional Recycling Fund
Recycling centres across regional Victoria including in Gippsland can apply for grants of up to $500,000 for infrastructure upgrades as part of Round One of the $40.9 million Regional Recycling Fund.
- Call to federal government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is calling on the Federal Government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland.
- Art arrives at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for Archibald Prize exhibition opening
Archibald Prize at Gippsland Art Gallery starts on Friday 8 October to 21 November 2021.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Committee for Gippsland Strategic Plan 2021/24 to support jobs and investment for regions
Following a thorough review in 2020, this new strategy aims to build a stronger and more relevant Committee for Gippsland, ensuring the long-term sustainability of our organisation
- Sarah Nation, Terry Russell and Sian Lawler winners of 2022 #LOVEGIPPSLAND calendar photos
Local MP Darren Chester has announced the three winners of the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar competition.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Support for Gippsland manufacturers to create jobs via Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI)
Funding and support to boost manufacturing sector and guidelines for support application.
- Victorian and Gippsland farmers bumper harvest at risk as hard lockdowns make worsen labour shortages
Victorian farmers' hopes of a record-breaking harvest are at risk while COVID restrictions continue to wreak havoc with availability of farm labourers.
- West and central Gippsland gets $480M for 4G and 5G wireless upgrade from Morrison government in 2022-23 federal budget
Electorate of Monash will have access to a significantly more capable NBN network following a $480 million investment by the Morrison Government in the 2022-23 Federal Budget.
- Fit outs continue on Gippsland Performing Arts Centre with completion expected by end of 2021
Works to complete the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre exterior and the interior fit out are continuing.
- Latrobe City in Gippsland ready to host 2026 Commonwealth Games events and get economic and tourism boost
Premier's announcing Latrobe City as host city to the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Fit out underway for Gippsland Performing Arts Centre as part of $18.5 million upgrade
Improving Gippsland Performing Arts Centre that is designed for better experience that can also serve as asset to the region.
- Regions like Gippsland out of lockdown but it's the lockdown they didn't need to have
Truth about the COVID-19 information hidden to the Victorians.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Dean Sutton joins Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Gippsland Diversity Scholarship funded by AGL Loy Yang
Being his true self and developing his leadership skills was a battle growing up in a small country town and identifying as a gay man.
- Application open for grants to find low cost ways for Gippsland farmers to measure carbon in soil
Grants of between $100,000 and $20 million are now open for innovators in Monash for projects to lower the cost of measuring carbon stored in soil.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- Youth Life4Life having crew induction for Year 9 students in South Gippsland
On Wednesday 22 June, approximately 50 students from seven local schools attended the Youth Live4Life Crew Induction.
- Funding for surf lifesavers throughout Gippsland discussed by Darren Chester and Life Saving Victoria CEO Catherine Greaves
Discussion with the lifesaving clubs and members for ongoing funding for local surf lifesavers.
- Victorian including Gippsland farmers' livelihood at risk while worker deal is stranded on Premier's desk
The Labor government is putting the agricultural sector into crisis, dismissing famers' calls for help.
- New cancer treatment centre for West Gippsland Hospital coming as health group gets $4.5M funding from federal coalition government for build
A new cancer treatment centre to be built at West Gippsland Health Group will change lives and improve regional health outcomes thanks to funding from the Federal Coalition Government.
- Regional kids including Gippsland still locked out of the classroom, but the Andrew's Labor state government won't tell us why
Andrews Labor Government's decision to force students in regional communities into remote learning.
- AusNet Services developing infrastructure to support Gippsland Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council
AusNet Services today presented its plans for developing infrastructure to support Gippsland's Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents can book additional hard waste pick up service to help with Spring cleanup
Additional hard waste collection bookings are now open for Baw Baw Shire residents looking to get their Spring cleaning done and dusted.
- Young people encouraged to join Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Wayne Casey Youth Scholarship Fund
Gippsland Community Leadership Program's (GCLP) 10 month long immersion program for emerging young regional leaders.
- Housing crisis grips Gippsland as rental availability drops to nearly 50%
A review by One Gippsland has revealed a critical accommodation shortage across the region. The decrease in availavility has lead to massive increae in households seeking social housing assistance.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy from South Gippsland Council
Council seeks community feedback on draft Social and Affordable Housing Strategy to ensure South Gippslanders can afford a home.
- Regions in Victoria like Gippsland need a guaranteed positive way forward crippling 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown
The time has come to guarantee a positive way forward for regional Victorian communities that have been crippled by 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown.
- Shooting clubs across Gippsland to benefit from Victorian government's 'Shooting Sports Facilities Program'
Shooting clubs across Eastern Victoria are celebrating after securing funding to upgrade their facilities.
- Backtracking by Andrews Labor government on axing requirement for government to put public notices in local newspapers
State Labor appears to be backtracking on its latest attack on transparency and accountability which would have axed the requirement for the government to put public notices in the local newspaper.
- More cutting-edge equipment for Gippsland Tech School to deliver more innovative STEM learning programs
The Gippsland Tech School will soon be more high-tech to support Victorian Tech Schools to buy new equipment and deliver more innovative STEM learning programs.
- Upgrades and specialist equipment for Gippsland early childhood education centres via Victorian government Building Blocks Inclusion fund
Upgrades to early childhood education centres and specialist equipment to help improve learning outcomes.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Three awesome Gippsland seafood restaurants to try in 2022
Seafood restaurants you should visit in Gippsland.
- Lost Dogs' Disco to light up Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 24 June to 3 July 2022
Gippsland Performing Arts Centre will be home to the Lost Dogs' Disco, a large-scale illuminated inflatable sculpture from 24 June - 3 July.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- Farmers asked to share their views as East Gippsland Agriculture Sector Advisory Committee finalised
New appointed committee members and farmers survey completion to better assist the agricultural sector.
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Russell Broadbent's Gippsland school leavers' guide for those graduating in 2021
Assistance for graduates to have innovative solutions for their future.
- Sale and Yarram in Wellington Shire raise pride flag in support for the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia
Wellington Shire Council flew the rainbow pride flag at locations in Sale and Yarram on Tuesday to mark the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
- Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods
People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.
- Regions in Victorians like Gippsland should be released from the seven-day lockdown says Peter Walsh
Misinformation about the COVID test resulted in the statewide lockdown.
- Sale air show to get flying start for Gippsland in 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
An event that would give chance to reconnection of former air force colleagues, attract visitors that would also give boost to the economy.
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- Wellington shire residents now eligible for storm recovery assistance from Federal government
Funding to provide assistance to the residents affected by the storm in their recovery process.
- Extra opening hours for all outdoor pools for summer peak in Wellington Shire
Local swimmers will get some cool relief this summer with outdoor pools across Wellington Shire opening for at least three hours every day during the peak season.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Chocolate, beer and medicine face massive supply disruptions over Christmas if the nation's largest timber pallet manufacturer is denied access to timber.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Support will focus on restoring Victoria's reputation as a manufacturing powerhouse prioritising support for industries.
- Come meet AFL legend Eddie Betts at Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium Catterick Crescent in Traralgon on 28 June 2022
Latrobe City Libraries are excited to announce that AFL legend and anti-racism campaigner, Eddie Betts, is coming to Latrobe City to read from his children's books, sign autographs, answer questions and kick a footy around.
- Yarram airport in East Gippsland gets $300,000 federal funding to improve safety
Yarram Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $300,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Princes Highway through East Gippsland gets $3.6M upgrade to improve road safety and resilience
A $3.6 million upgrade to one of the worst sections of the Princes Highway will improve safety and resilience of the key transport link, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Give your view on vaccines passports to Russell Broadbent for South and West Gippsland
Invitation to share your thought and concerns about the vaccination passports
- Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli
Successful applicants of Lone Pine seedling to receive the seedlings in time to celebrate the Centenary of the Republic of Turkey.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Australia day awards for 2020 nominations open for people that have gone above and beyond in South Gippsland Shire
Nominations are now open for the South Gippsland Australia Day Awards.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Bass Coast looks forward to working with the Victorian government to help with 2026 Commonwealth Games
Bass Coast Shire Council welcomed today's 2026 Commonwealth Games hosting announcement and looks forward to working with the State Government on securing popular sports.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Watch for wildlife throughout Gippsland in warmer weather such as Magpies and snakes
Knowing more about the wildlife and how we can help protect them.
- Em Rusciano performs at West Gippsland Arts Centre for International Women's Day in March 2022
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women while calling for gender equity and an end to gender-based discrimination and violence.
- Victorian election promise for $600M West Gippsland Healthcare Group upgrade from Liberals and Nationals
Baw Baw Shire Council has welcomed an election promise from the Liberals and Nationals for a $600 million new or upgraded West Gippsland Hospital should they win government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Nationals alternative roadmap for Victoria and Gippsland to reopen, rebuild and recover out of COVID restrictions delivers certainty and positivity
Victorians are looking for an iron-clad guarantee on the road to reopen, rebuild and recover.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Why Russell Broadbent used right to choose Ivermectin and vaccine alternatives to help recovery from his COVID-19 infection
Russell Broadbent has been open and transparent about being COVID-19 vaccine free, becoming infected with COVID-19 and then his choice to use alternative treatments like Ivermectin against COVID-19.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Students in regional Victoria such as Gippsland should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom
Students in regional Victoria should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Lichelle Clarke, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley and Jason Bargwanna inducted into Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame
Local sporting champions Lichelle Clarke PLY, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley, and Jason Bargwanna have been inducted into the Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame.
- Andrew Giles MP promises $10M to Stage two of Gippsland Logistics Precinct project ahead of federal election
Latrobe City Council has welcomed a $10 million election promise to progress the Gippsland Logistics Precinct from the Labor Party ahead of the Federal election.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Bairnsdale airport in East Gippsland gets $220,000 federal funding for upgrade
Bairnsdale Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $220,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Harriet Shing announces Longwarry and Thorpdale Recreation Reserves lighting upgrade funded by Baw Baw Council and State government
Local sporting clubs and community groups welcome the official completion of lighting upgrades at the Longwarry and Thorpdale recreation reserves with a ceremonial 'flick of the switch' celebration held at the Longwarry facility on Friday.
- Push for update ageing Warragul and Drouin bypass to better serve Baw Baw Shire fast growth
Local community, business and industry support is building behind efforts to secure funding to improve Drouin and Warragul aging arterial road network.
- Sale Oval precinct opens after $1.6M redevelopment funded by Wellington Shire Council, Coalition government and John Leslie Foundation
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Sale Oval redevelopment today alongside Wellington Shire Councillor John Tatterson and community members.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Economic Development Strategy 2022 from East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council would like feedback on its economic strategy, which takes into consideration businesses working to bounce back from the economic hits of the past few years and establish the 'new normal' in the COVID-19 era.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to share that the organisation has received national recognition in the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts 2022/23 budget after acting on community feedback
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted its annual budget for 2022/23 which supports the delivery of over 100 community services and invests $41.78 million into community infrastructure, roads and open spaces.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Safer speed limit for Forge creek Road in East Gippsland to reduce its unenviable crash and trauma record
A new 80km/h speed limit will be introduced on Forge Creek Road from Monday, August 23, to help tackle its unenviable crash and trauma record.
- Farming for Success 2022 Agriculture Gippsland wide conference in Sale 8 March 2022
Wellington Shire to host the agriculture conference "Farming for Success 2002 on 8 March.
- Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants East rip off for Gippsland may be avoided says Darren Chester
The Federal Government is backing away from a plan which would have short-changed bushfire impacted communities in East Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Federal budget 2022-23 and the plan to strengthen West and South Gippsland
Summaries of 2022-23 budget and funding across West and South Gippsland.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- Life saving Victoria awards members from Gippsland at Cape Paterson Surf Life Saving Club
Life Saving Victoria (LSV) has recognised members from Bass, Gippsland and Peninsula for their outstanding achievements in operations, club services, development, training and sports during season 2021-22 at its Valuing Volunteers events.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Latrobe City Council seeks to attract manufacturers for Australian Defence Force to Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Council is seeking to raise the City’s manufacturing profile by contacting businesses in the defence supply chain from across Australia, with the intent of attracting new opportunities to the municipality.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- Federal funding of $3 million goes to DefendTex in Gippsland for Australia's first 3D printed space launching rocket boosters
Funding to conduct Australia's first 3D printed rocket booster for space in Gippsland.
- Enrolments for Free TAFE in Gippsland up by 29 percent for 2020
More than 13,000 jobseekers enrolled in the Andrews Labor Government's Free TAFE initiative across TAFE Gippsland, Box Hill Institute and Chisholm Institute last year, making rewarding career pathways a reality for thousands of Victorians.
- Andrews Labor government walks away from promised East Gippsland plantation nursery flagging catastrophic building material shortages
The Andrews Labor government has walked away from a promise to establish a plantation nursery in East Gippsland today.
- Archibald Prize 2021 has opened at the Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for next 45 days
Archibald Prize opens at Gippsland Art Gallery and portraits featured.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw's hidden treasures uncovers hundreds of public art examples
Local art aficionados uncovered almost 200 examples of public art throughout Baw Baw Shire during Council's Hidden Treasures Hunt.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Increases in Age Pension, Disability Support Pension, Carer Payment and Jobseeker Payment payments to help keep up with the cost of living
40,299 people in Monash will benefit from a boost to their social security payments from 20 March to help them keep up with the changes in the cost of living.
- Alberton Timber and Treatment Plant completes massive upgrade with $550,000 assistance grant from federal government
Local MP Darren Chester recently visited Alberton Timber and Treatment Plant to inspect the new peeling plant and hear about the operation's expansion.
- Latrobe City Australia Day Awards 2022 to Dean Sutton, Bridie Byrne and Martin Dyt
Local legends, outstanding events and champion community services have been acknowledged at the 2022 Latrobe City Australia Day Awards ceremony, held on Sunday following COVID-19 related delays.
- Book readers in Wellington Shire invited to share reading experiences online via Zoom event
Online sharing of reading experiences to share with other participants.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Celebrate Parks Week in Wellington Shire with stacks of events for children and families
Wellington Shire's popular parks and open spaces will host a jam-packed calendar of events to celebrate Parks Week from 5 to 13 March.
- Darren Chester congratulates achievements of student leaders at Morwell Central Primary School
Local MP Darren Chester visited Morwell Central Primary School recently to meet with school leaders and present them with their Achievement Certificates.
- Darren Chester presents achievement certificates to students at St Vincent de Paul Primary School in Morwell
Local MP Darren Chester presented student leaders at St Vincent de Paul Primary School in Morwell, with their achievement certificates.
- Narrow and damaged pedestrian footpath alongside Princes Highway near Lakes Entrance unacceptable says Darren Chester
Local MP Darren Chester is calling on the State Government to fix pedestrian access alongside the Princes Highway in Lakes Entrance.
- New facilities construction in progress as part of the $400,000 project at Lakes Entrance Recreation Reserve
Local MP Darren Chester said the new facilities were a part of a $400,000 project at the recreation reserve.
- A new skate park for Rawson community in Baw Baw Shire
Rawson locals have come together to celebrate the official opening of their new skate park, backed by funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Free pair of glasses for 176 students across West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor Victorian government
One thousand more Victorian students can now see more clearly and concentrate better at school, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government's free Glasses for Kids program.
- Mental health cut $60M from Beyond Blue, Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia, Lifeline and Kids Helpline by Andrews Labor government
Mental Health Minister James Merlino has confirmed almost $60 million of cruel cuts to mental health programs that were designed to help struggling Victorians recover from the pandemic.
- Snowy River railway trestle bridge will boost tourism for East Gippsland
Council working and supporting the locals in the restoration of the trestle bridge that will give long-term benefits for the community.
- Click and collect available at Wellington shire libraries so bookworms can continue reading during lockdowns
Libraries across Wellington Shire may be closed due to current restrictions, but bookworms can continue reading via the Click and Collect service.
- Darren Chester welcomes Offshore Electricity Infrastructure Bill to allow large Bass Strait projects with hundreds of local jobs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the introduction of legislation to develop offshore electricity infrastructure with local jobs at stake.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Yarram Pool in Wellington Shire re-opens after month-long closure for major works
The Yarram Pool has re-opened to users following a month-long closure for major works to install the new roof structure as part of the Warmer Pool for Yarram project.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 June 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's minutes and agenda on their 22 June 2022 council meeting.
- Tee-Up Golf Day 2021 in Traralgon raises $20,000 for suicide prevention and mental health with help of Russell Northe and Rotary Club
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has spoken of his pride with regards to the business and community support that was received for the 2021 Tee-Up for Mental Health Day to which Mr Northe co-hosted along with the Rotary Club of Traralgon.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Vixens to play two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February
Gippsland netball fans are in for a treat this month, with the Vixens playing two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February.
- Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens in Wellington Shire plant collection of rare and threatened species for display
Parks staff from Wellington Shire Council recently rolled up their sleeves alongside Friends of the Sale Botanic Gardens to plant a collection of rare and threatened species found in the region.
- Child care services in Wellington Shire gets boost of $230,000
Three child care providers in Wellington have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Andrews Labor government axes Agriculture Victoria 145 jobs when Gippsland food and fibre sector will be crucial part of Victoria's recover economy
The Andrews Labor Government has axed 145 jobs from Agriculture Victoria, at a time when the $17.8 billion food and fibre sector will be crucial to recover and rebuild Victoria's economy.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Council Public Art Fund contributes $20,000 to complete Tanjil Bren mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
The new mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road was officially opened with a local community celebration on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- Lakes Entrance recognised wins Top Tourism Town Awards with East Gippsland towns Paynesville and Mallacoota placing high
East Gippsland towns being on top of the tourism awards.
- Workshops and webinars to apply for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants program
Funding for grants to assist the local and small businesses in bushfire recovery.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Dog friendly holiday accommodation in Gippsland when planning your next family break
Dog lovers, think beyond accommodation where you're permitted to bring your dog, to next-level pooch-dedicated resorts.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 June 2022
Agendas and minutes of the Baw Baw Shire council meeting held 8 June 2022.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- Darren Chester encourages eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Extra $1.6 million for critical child care services in West and South Gippsland
Government assistance committed to giving access to families for a quality child care.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 May 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 25 May council meeting.
- Sandhill Road Reserve protects endangered Gippsland Red Gum Grassy Woodland vegetation
A project to restore land at Stratford once used for cattle grazing to a nature reserve, is now ready for the public to enjoy thanks to a collaboration between Wellington Shire Council and Avon Landcare Group.
- Archibald prize 2021 to be hosted by Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale in October
Australia's favourite art award, the prestigious Archibald Prize for portraiture is coming to Gippsland.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- Draft economic development and visitor economy strategies for South Gippsland
The Draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies are now out for public comment.
- Roadside blackberry weed control for Macalister Irrigation District, Gippsland Lakes and Dargo areas in Wellington Shire
Program that reduces the spread of blackberry on the roadsides of Wellington Shire to protect the agricultural resources.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Over fire prevention notices issued in Wellington Shire to clean up properties during the fire danger period in 2021/22
Council reminding the community and landowners to maintain their surroundings to a fire-safe condition during the fire danger period.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- Traralgon and Morwell stations get major upgrades as part of $504M Gippsland railway line funding from Victorian and federal governments
Final designs have been released showcasing the major train station upgrades at Traralgon and Morwell Stations.
- Young Archie 2021 exhibition now open at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale
Gippslanders will get a unique first look at Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award when the Archibald Prize opens in Sale next week.
- Erica Country Expo 2022 major success as crowds celebrate good old country fun
Excited visitors and locals have flocked to celebrate the Erica Country Expo, a community-led event and the first of its kind to be held in the local region.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Latrobe Valley paper will continue to be sent by rail for export and distribution as key Gippsland freight service gets stimulus for Victorian government
Improvements on train tracks that will help ensure its daily runs.
- Darren Chester to proudly contest the seat of Gippsland in federal election on 21 May 2022
The Prime Minister has called a Federal election for May 21 and I will be contesting the seat of Gippsland.
- Myli and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance support proposed Culture and Connection Precinct
Momentum continues to build for the landmark precinct with local library organisation Myli (My Community Library) and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance affirming full support for the proposed $30 million Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Federal Tourism Minister Dan Teham MP joins One Gippsland as board member
One Gippsland has welcomed an influential new member with Destination Gippsland joining the Board to help drive the alliance's tourism agenda.
- List of the best things to see in Gippsland for spring 2021
Spring is an amazing time to visit Gippsland with the fragrant gardens, thunderous waterfalls, and outdoor wanderings, events that are surely a must see.
- Leongatha roadside rest area gets upgraded via Liberal and Nationals Government's Driver Reviver Site Upgrade Program
Leongatha roadside rest areas will be upgraded to help combat driver fatigue and make local roads safer, thanks to funding under the Liberal and Nationals Government's Driver Reviver Site Upgrade Program.
- Victorian Liberal Nationals announce commitment to deliver largest ever investment in manufacturing
The Liberal Nationals are proposing a $1 billion fund to encourage businesses to bring facilities and jobs back to Victoria, grow local manufacturing and boost innovation economy.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- Development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage in Gippsland get $42.9M funding from federal government
The Coalition government is backing the development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage technologies in Victoria's Gippsland region, providing job and economic growth opportunities for the community.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- Delburn Wind Farm proposal seeks approval for 33 turbine wind energy facility in in the Strzelecki Ranges to south of Latrobe Valley
The Delburn Wind Farm Pty Ltd seeks approval to develop a 33-turbine wind energy facility located in south-east Victoria, in the Strzelecki Ranges, to the south of the Latrobe Valley.
- Cancellations in Victorian public transport like Vline in Gippsland could be avoided with rapid testing for COVID
Victoria's public transport to be disrupted by underpreparedness of the system.
- Apply now for federal 'Smart Farms Small Grants' of upto $250,000 to do two-year soil extension activities on local farms
The national soil strategy is a government funding that prioritises soil health, empowers soil innovation and stewards, and strengthens soil knowledge and capability to improve soil management for better profit.
- Workshop on how to win government business in Bairnsdale on 20 July 2022
Workshop that will give local business opportunity on how to win work on major government infrastructure and construction projects.
- Andrews Labor Government still won't roll it out rapid antigen testing to help revive major events
Andrews government still not giving a plan to end the uncertainty of lockdown.
- Free Baw Baw Esports Cup by Australian Esports League at West Gippsland Arts Centre from 9 - 10 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council has teamed up with leading esports provider, the Australian Esports League (AEL) to bring the second edition of the Baw Baw Esports Cup to the region.
- Sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to improve its local road network, with the sealing of Shetland Heights Road in San Remo, between Penniwells Drive and Potters Hill Road.
- Ellinbank Badminton Club celebrates funded upgrades to clubrooms and kitchen facilities at 75th anniversary
Members of the Ellinbank Badminton Club and local community have gathered to officially unveil upgrades to the clubrooms and kitchen facilities in concert with the club's milestone 75th anniversary celebrations.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) will be more accessible for Gippslanders starting November 2022
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the announcement of the deregulation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Licensing as part of the Federal Budget.
- Nature Based Tourism forum for ecotourism revolution hosted by East Gippsland Council on 17 March 2022
Tourism is changing as travellers become increasingly aware of the impact they have on the places they visit.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Blatantly dishonest for Andrews Labor government to claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by 2019-20 bushfires
The State Government's claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by the 2019/20 bushfires, is blatantly dishonest, says Nationals Gippsland East MP, Tim Bull.
- Funding to support that landcare facilitator roles in Gippsland and Eastern Victoria
Funding to support facilitator jobs that would help improve landcare and biodiversity.
- Fish unloading jetty at Lakes Entrance to be replaced with $687,000 funding to Gippsland Ports from Victorian government
Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull, is delighted $687,000 in State funds have been allocated to Gippsland Ports to replace its jetty at the Lakes Entrance Fishermen's Co-Operative.
- Get active close to home in Wellington Shire with awesome wellness map
Council has curated a list and map that includes wetlands, arts and beach trails, all within easy reach of Wellington's main urban areas.
- Expressions of interest open for Baw Baw Shire Council advisory committees until 15 July 2022
Council is currently seeking expressions of interest from community members looking to join three Advisory Committees to help inform and influence future council decisions.
- Dedicated hospice facility in the Latrobe Valley back on the agenda with the help of Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has this week in parliament called upon the Health Minister and the Government to commit to establishing a dedicated hospice facility in the Latrobe Valley.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- No more excuses for bushfire recovery delays in East Gippsland from Andrews Labor government
All levels of government have been challenged to stop making excuses and get on with the job of delivering bushfire recovery projects in East Gippsland.
- Anthony Basford re-appointed as Chief Executive Officer for East Gippsland Shire Council
Council reappoints Anthony Basford as East Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer.
- Public park to be developed at the site of the Hollies Homestead in Drouin
As a result of a collaborative design process with the local developers of the Ferntree Ridge precinct, the Drouin Historic Park will continue to honour the historic value of The Hollies homestead site.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Latrobe City Youth Council encourages healthy eating with 'Fab food marvellous mood' campaign'
Food campaign to help educate the young people about healthy diet that lead to happier and healthier mental and physical wellness.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Free outdoor play sessions in Wellington Shire for children's week
Families across Wellington Shire will have plenty to celebrate during Children's Week, with free outdoor play sessions held in several locations.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- Strengthening community safety in Moe with 35 new CCTV in CBD
Community members and businesses welcomed the installation of 35 new CCTV cameras in the Moe CBD Precinct.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- More alcohol and drug detox beds needed in Latrobe Valley says Russell Northe
Mr Northe indicated this had been a long running issue with many local individuals, families and service providers frustrated by the lack of services in a community that desperately needs detox beds.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Rapid COVID-19 testing key for getting regional and Gippsland VLine trains back on track
Lengthy shutdown to Victoria's regional train network is driving a push for rapid testing to be rolled out for staff across the public transport network.
- Nominations are now open for 2022 Australia day awards
Nominations are now open for the 2022 Australia Day Local Government Awards, nominations will only be accepted via the official forms, no other formats will be accepted.
- Nominations open to for young people for 2022 Youth Council in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say and help build a strong and inclusive community, to nominate for 2022 Youth Council.
- Click and Collect for Wellington Shire libraries to resume
Library service allowing the members access books and resources during lockdown.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Massive black hole in Victorian government budget for regional areas like Gippsland
Government's failure on projects and creating jobs for the locals, attempting to hide the real status of what was promised.
- Pandemic-driven property price rises putting the squeeze on Gippsland and other regional home buyers
Property and rental price hike in regional Victoria, while availability in other areas are dropping.
- 2021 Australian Netball Championships format revamped as September event at Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium postponed
The Australian Netball Championships will be played in a decentralised format this year, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to present significant challenges for sport.
- Mark Reeves elected Mayor and Arthur Allen Deputy Mayor for East Gippsland Shire in 2021
Cr Mark Reeves of Marlo has been elected Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council at a Statutory Meeting held on Thursday, October 28.
- Federal budget 2022-23 will drive economic growth for towns and communities in West and South Gippsland
Significant funding commitments in the 2022-23 Budget will drive the growth of towns and communities across Monash, creating jobs and driving our economic growth into the future.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Veteran health and wellbeing funding via 'Supporting Younger Veterans' grant for West and South Gippsland
Grants offered for the support to our young veterans mental health and wellbeing.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Online climate change community portal launched by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's online climate change community portal has launched, providing locally relevant climate change information to the community.
- Plan an Alpine summer holiday in Gippsland for 2021/22
Fresh mountain air, explore twisty rivers, shady forests and welcoming alpine villages.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Feedback wanted on Environment Sustainability Strategy form East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council has released its draft Environment Sustainability Strategy 2022-2032 for community comment.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- Bringing manufacturing home needed to solve growing shortages of essential chemicals and spare parts by Victorian farm businesses
The global supply chain took a battering in the COVID pandemic and now conflict between Russia and the Ukraine is further shaking the foundations of Victoria's key import and export markets.
Latest NewsFederal Labor government must increase biosecurity to properly protect $80B Australian livestock industry from the highly contagious foot and mouth disease
Steph Ryan will not be seeking re-election at 2022 Victorian election in November
Why Nationals Deputy Leader Steph Ryan stepped down ahead of the coming Victorian election
Cat owners required to keep cats on their property 24-hour a day from 1 July 2023 as part of Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25
Comprehensive biosecurity checks of airport travellers arriving from Indonesia by federal government called for by Victorian Liberals and Nationals
Old Methodist Church in Traralgon found to be of local historic significance to Latrobe City by heritage assessment
Young people encouraged to join Gippsland Community Leadership Program via Wayne Casey Youth Scholarship Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Community feedback wanted on draft Economic Development Strategy 2022 from East Gippsland Council
Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022