Gippsland › Latest news › Russell Broadbent MP

Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods

People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.

By news@gippsland - 11th October 2021 - Back to News

The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) and Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) will now be available to support people in Bass Coast. Support has also been extended to residents in Bass Coast, bringing to 11 the total number of LGAs to receive this financial support as a result of the June disaster event.

Australian Government is offering assistance for more Victorians impacted by the storms and floods in June 2021, you can send your applications now

Australian Government is offering assistance for more Victorians impacted by the storms and floods in June 2021, you can send your applications now

Helping the locals

Minister for Emergency Management and National Recovery and Resilience, Senator the Hon Bridget McKenzie said a number of communities in the Bass Coast areas had been seriously impacted by severe flooding and storm damage.

"By making this financial support available, the Australian Government is supporting the local economy and helping locals get back on their feet," Minister McKenzie said.

Short-term income support

Member for Monash Russell Broadbent MP said the Disaster Recovery Payment is a one-off, non-means tested payment to anyone in Bass Coast who has suffered a significant loss, including a severely damaged or destroyed home, serious injury or the loss of a family member.

"Eligible adults can receive $1,000 and there is $400 for each eligible child. In addition, people whose income has been affected because of the floods and storms can apply for the Disaster Recovery Allowance. Mr Broadbent said.

"This Allowance provides a short-term income support payment to help individuals and families get back on their feet. It is available for up to 13 weeks, equivalent to the maximum rate of Jobseeker Payment or Youth Allowance. I urge local residents to look into these supports, which are a hand up not a handout." Mr Broadbent added.

Know more information

The quickest and easiest way to claim is to call 180 22 66. Check your eligibility for help in an emergency. More information on Australian Government disaster assistance is available.

Pictures from Russell Broadbent MP website.


Published by:

Edit this news article

Baw Baw Bass Coast Cardinia East Gippsland Latrobe City South Gippsland Wellington
© 2001-2023 Print this page | Subscribe to Newsletter | Feedback / Inquiries | Login
Care has been taken in compiling the component parts of this website. However, does not warrant or represent that the website is free from errors or omissions, that the qualifications claimed by an advertiser are valid or that the published details of any advertiser are as stated on the website. Please review the full statement of our Terms and Conditions of Service and disclaimer.