Gippsland Portal Local News:
GLGN to continue efforts to secure funding support for Gippsland
Gippsland Local Government Network to continue efforts to secure Federal Government funding support for Gippsland.
By Latrobe City Council - 15th February 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have saidFollowing successful deputations to the Federal and State Governments in December 2000, the Gippsland Local Government Network (GLGN) will continue its efforts to secure Federal Government support for key projects and programs in 2001.
At its meeting on 8 February, the GLGN resolved to return to Canberra in the near future to get action on major projects identified by the Network as priorities for Gippsland.
“In December 2000, a strong deputation of GLGN members met with Government and Opposition representatives to discuss a range of key issues, including the Snowy River, Rural Road funding and Regional Employment programs. There have since been positive moves by the Federal Government in relation to many of the issues raised by the deputation,” Chair of the GLGN, Councillor Tony Hanning said.
“In a follow up deputation, the GLGN will focus its lobbying efforts on funding for the Pakenham Bypass; telecommunications and TV Black Spot funding, particularly for more remote and smaller communities; Inland Port developments, support for the RAAF Base in East Sale, the energy industry, and the Greenhouse Strategy,” Cr Hanning said.
Councillor Graeme Legge, Mayor of Cardinia Shire, applauded the GLGN support, and said that full funding of the Pakenham Bypass was a top priority for GLGN members because it would impact on the majority of Gippsland Councils.
“Access to Melbourne and Melbourne markets for local businesses will be greatly enhanced by improvements to the major highway from Gippsland to Melbourne.
Similarly, Gippsland will be more attractive to visitors from Melbourne and tourists generally, if the bottlenecks currently slowing traffic on the way to Gippsland can be removed,” Cr Legge said.
Councillor Hanning said that collectively, the Gippsland Local Government Network was a force to be reckoned with.
“The value of close cooperation and coordination of effort can be seen when the Gippsland Councils combine their energies to pursue regional priorities. The Federal Government has to listen when the Councils of the entire Gippsland Region speak with one voice,” Cr Hanning concluded.
Chairperson: Cr Tony Hanning, Mayor, Latrobe City.
Telephone: 0417 373 577
Cr Graeme Legge, Mayor, Cardinia Shire.
Telephone: 5945 4202
Secretary: Ms. Penny Holloway, CEO, Latrobe City.
Telephone: 5173 1401 or 0417 557 103
Jeremy Bein, Public Relations and Communications Officer,
Latrobe City. Telephone: 5173 1468
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Continued Boost for Youth Crime Prevention
More funding to a vital youth crime prevention program.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Aged and Disability Services Continue to Support our Community
Continued aged support through transition.
- Great Local Ideas Secure Funding Through Pick My Project
vital funding through Pick My Project
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Funding Extension for Council’s Rural Access Program
Support for disability with Building Inclusive Communities ‘Rural Access’ Program.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Funding Helps Seal the Deal
Round two for multiple local road projects.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Northe Calls for Support to Address Terrible Statistics in Local Men’s Health
Calls for additional support to tackle Prostate Cancer
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Still a Flood of Support for Pondage
Overflow of support to reopen Hazelwood Pondage.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Daniel Andrews Cuts Support to Our Veterans
From $10.5 million to $7.7 million for Veterans.
- Dedicated Regional Fund Must Continue
1 billion of investment to Regional Victoria to expire on June 30.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Changing the Game for Women in Eastern Victoria
Continued support for women in sport.
- Morwell Rose Garden Festival Funding
A $100,000 Federal Government funding to expand the Morwell Rose Garden Festival.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Northe Raises Need for Industry Support and Jobs
Spotlight on LV unemployment.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Northe Calls for Commitment to GCLP
Calls for continued funding for GCLP.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Local Schools to Remain Independent
No merger for local schools.
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- Local Green Thumbs Win Big In ABC Gardener of The Year Awards
Hazelwood North couple, Denise and Athol Brand named state finalists in the 2018 ABC Gardener of the Year Awards.
- Local Moe Company Wins Manufacturer of the Year
Medium-sized business Manufacturer of the Year named.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- Northe Calls for State Government Action on Steelvision
Decisive action needed to address the Steelvision Morwell debacle.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.