Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Community sponsorship program for Baw Baw opening in July
Sponsorship and grants for community organisations to assist for the community development.
Community organisations, sporting clubs and volunteer groups looking to host events or participate in activities are encouraged to apply for funding through Council's Community Sponsorship Program. The first round of the program will open for applications from Monday 5 July at 9.00am until Monday 2 August at 12.00pm. This year three rounds of funding are available across two categories - community events and ambassadors. A further two rounds will open for applications in November 2021 and March 2022.
The Community Sponsorship program aims to encourage and assist individuals and community groups that make positive contributions within Baw Baw
Support for groups or individuals
The ambassador category supports groups or individuals in representing the Shire in achievements in their areas of interest, which could include arts, sporting, academic or environmental endeavours. Up to $500 is available for individuals and $1000 for teams.
The community event category supports the delivery of youth events and programs, one-off events and new and existing events in Baw Baw Shire, with up to $5000 available. Potential applicants are encouraged to think creatively about how they can engage the community with their events in line with COVID-19 restrictions.
Contact coordinator for guidance
Recently funded projects include Gardivalia Festival of Gardens. Unable to take place in 2020 due to COVID19, Gardivalia will open private gardens across Noojee, Neerim, Warragul and Ellinbank during spring. As part of the application process, community groups are required to contact Council's Events Coordinator for guidance on event planning and public event permit and insurance requirements.
To be eligible for funding, applications must be presented by not-for-profit incorporated organisations that are delivering activities in Baw Baw Shire, or are supporting an individual/team member who are residents of Baw Baw Shire.
Events to be assessed
Community events will be assessed for achieving connectedness and inclusion, leading towards positive social outcomes and overall merit. Community events may still be 12 months away but can still be planned for and are eligible to receive funding.
Activities can also be delivered through an auspice arrangement, providing the eligibility criteria is met and a separate auspice application is made to Council. This information is available on Council's website.
Potential applicants are encouraged to think creatively about how they can engage the community with their events in line with COVID-19 restrictions
Mayor Cr Danny Goss said, "Community Sponsorship is a great way for community groups and individuals to get extra support to make their event, program or activity a reality. Over the past year we've seen some fantastic initiatives take place with support from this program, with more planned in the coming months."
For more information or to apply for sponsorship funding, visit community sponsorship program.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire web page.
Published by: email@example.com
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Community feedback wanted on draft of Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 Annual Budget
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community submissions in response to the recently published draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Long Term Infrastructure Plan, Council Plan Annual Review, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
- Community members needed to join workgroup for $30M Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
Community members are being sought out by the council and are needed to help guide design and delivery of a landmark precinct.
- Community consultation opens on 4 April 2022 on Baw Baw Shire Council draft asset plan
Council encouraging the community to get involved and send their feedback on the draft Asset Plan the plan.
- Baw Baw community has their questions answered by Mayor Danny Goss over live online Q&A
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire, Councillor Danny Goss hosted a live Facebook Q&A on Tuesday evening to cover all the hot topics our community cares about.
- Community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct wanted from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council seeking community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct, the opportunity is now open for four weeks, closing on Thursday 26 May 2022.
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- Community invites to attend updates on major priorities for Victorian and federal government to support in Baw Baw Shire
All members of the Baw Baw Shire community are invited to attend or tune in to an open briefing on Wednesday 11 May which will provide an update on council's ongoing advocacy initiatives.
- Community feedback sought on future industrial land use in Baw Baw Shire
All interested community members are encouraged to attend a community drop-in session to raise any questions and learn more about the project before providing feedback.
- Community feedback wanted on long-term strategic vision for Longwarry in Baw Baw Shire
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on a plan that will guide the future growth of Longwarry.
- Community invited to attend forum on retaining wall requirements for Baw Baw Shire
Council is set to host a community forum to provide key stakeholders and the wider community with a better understanding of retaining wall requirements across the Shire.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Community feedback on 2022-23 budget submissions for Latrobe City Council closes soon
Community members are encouraged to have their say on Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Draft Budget before submissions close on Tuesday 3 May.
- Community invited to online briefing on Warragul and Drouin preferred neighbourhood character design guidelines
Online open community briefing will be held by the council to present councillors and the community with the draft design guidelines that are proposed to define overall township character and inform planning for future developments.
- Community consultation extended for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Extension community consultation period for the proposed road and drainage improvement program for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Community consultation starts for $2M Mallacoota streetscape upgrade
Community consultation to upgrade the Mallacoota streetscape.
- Community feedback is being sought by the council on pedestrian and cyclist safety in CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community input about pedestrian and cyclist safety concerns on roads within the CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Maffra structure plan in Wellington Shire
Council is seeking community feedback for the Maffra structure plan.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Community feedback on proposed changes to governance rules for Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is looking for community feedback on proposed changes to its Governance Rules.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Sarsfield community ecstatic after Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce funds new community hall, playground and other infrastructure from Community Development Grants Program
The East Gippsland community of Sarsfield celebrates the announcement of receiving funds under the Community Development Grants Program to construct new infrastructures.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Community invited to help with recovery committees at Devon North Public Hall on 4 April 2022
In response to severe weather events in June and October last year, Wellington Shire Council is inviting people to form community-led recovery committees in impacted areas of the municipality.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Community feedback wanted on draft 2022/23 budget for Bass Coast Shire Council seeks
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to release its Draft 2022/23 Budget for community consultation.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Community feedback wanted on Communications and Engagement Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing its Communications and Engagement Strategy and wants to hear from the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- Sarsfield community shocked over being ruled ineligible for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
Heavily bushfire impacted community had its application for recovery funding under the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program denied without even being assessed.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Community feedback wanted for Warragul and Drouin residential design guidelines that will shape the future look of these towns
All residents are invited to help shape guidelines that will define the overall township character for future developments in Drouin and Warragul.
- Community feedback wanted on old Mallacoota Kindergarten building being demolished by Wellington Shire Council
With the new kindergarten in Mallacoota now operational, the time has come to decommission and demolish the old building it replaced.
- Community feedback wanted on Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates drainage works by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to investigate a potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Community survey on the Great Southern Rail Trail - visitation and marketing plan
Have your say through the survey to help guide the council through the development of the Great Southern Rail Trail.
- Community to feedback wanted on Urban Forest Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is developing an Urban Forest Strategy, to help ensure Bass Coast's 'urban forest' continues to thrive.
- Labertouche Community Hall gets lovingly restored through the Latrobe Valley Authority,s Community and Facility Fund
Labertouche Community Hall has been lovingly restored with a new roof, ceiling and floor, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Glengarry community invited to discuss updates to flood overlays and drainage on 17 March 2022
In response to community interest, Latrobe City Council will hold a community open house session this week to discuss the proposed planning scheme Amendment C131.
- Applications open for Community Cricket Program for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5M funding
Applications are open for the next round of the Community Cricket Program that will provide opportunities for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5 million to develop and upgrade cricket facilities across Victoria.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- SEED Lakeside Community Garden creator Shae Wilson gets $59,500 federal grant to support social and emotional health
SEED Lakeside Community Garden in Sale will benefit from funding from the Federal Government.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Proposed community hub for Glenview Park in Traralgon supported by Darren Chester
Gippsland MP Darren Chester is supporting Latrobe City Council's proposal to establish a community hub and purpose built facility for local groups at Glenview Park in Traralgon.
- Local community shapes future plans for vacant land at Rollo Street in Yarragon
Council adopted the Rollo Street, Yarragon Masterplan, a planning document that will guide the future development of a vibrant, new community space.
- Sarsfield community victims of Black Summer bushfires warn people affected NSW and Queensland recent floods of long journey to recovery
Ineffective response to major flood events may lead to public discontent or loss of trust in the authorities or the state and national governments.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Victorian businesses and community organisations can apply for $2,000 grants from COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government is helping businesses and the community breathe new life into local neighbourhoods as vaccination progressively delivers greater freedoms across the state from Friday.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield gets legal advice on eligibility for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
The heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield has received legal advice about its eligibility for the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- Strengthening community safety in Moe with 35 new CCTV in CBD
Community members and businesses welcomed the installation of 35 new CCTV cameras in the Moe CBD Precinct.
- Applications open for community groups to plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire
Funding is now available to help community groups plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire.
- Applications open for community grants of up to $10,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Announcement of application dates for the community development grants program.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- New Mallacoota Community Clubrooms a focal point for township
The new Mallacoota Community Clubrooms were officially opened on Sunday 11 July, providing a purpose-built facility and focal point for the community.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Online climate change community portal launched by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's online climate change community portal has launched, providing locally relevant climate change information to the community.
- Latrobe City Council encourages community to connect through culture and recognise Cultural Diversity Week
Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to connect through culture this week to recognise Cultural Diversity Week.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Come to Cowes Cultural and Community Centre community drop-in information session
Information session for the community with regards of the cultural centre redevelopment.
- Turning projects and ideas through the Community Collaboration Program in Wellington Shire
Community is encouraged to share their ideas for community events, activities and projects.
- New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Proud. That's the best way to describe the Tambo Crossing community at the official opening of their new multi-purpose facility last Friday afternoon.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Official opening of Mallacoota community clubrooms by Darren Chester
Sport and recreational facility upgrade that will serve the community for years that also supports and boosts the community and the economy.
- Come sing with Latrobe Valley Community Choir and our new music director Dr Kevin Cameron
We are excited to be returning to in person rehearsals on Tuesday nights, with our new Music Director Dr Kevin Cameron
- Building of Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park has started
Construction on two of Bass Coast Shire Council's major projects has now officially started, the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Moe Apex Park gets $60,000 lighting upgrades from Victorian Community Safety Infrastructure grant to improve surveillance and visibility
Families and community members can now feel safer while enjoying Moe's community parks, thanks to new lighting funded through the Andrews Labor Government's Community Crime Prevention Program.
- Croxon Ramsay architects appointed to design $30M community facility for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A tender to develop detailed designs for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct has been awarded by Council signalling another key step forward with the landmark project.
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- Celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community at Volunteer recognition events hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Free composting workshop at Seed Community Garden in Sale on 30 April 2022
A free composting workshop will be held at Seed Community Garden in Sale on Saturday 30 April.
- Sarsfield and Ensay get $5.9M funding for additional community projects from the Black Summer bushfires program
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says two additional community projects worth $5.9 million will receive funding to support the ongoing recovery from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations awarded funding from Community Infrastructure Grant Program from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Upcoming Warragul and Drouin design guidelines community consultation sessions to be moved online
Council seeking the community's feedback for the Warragul and Drouin design guidelines.
- Tender awarded to Langden Constructions for community facility in Bellbird Park at Drouin
Works on a vibrant multi-use community facility at Drouin's Bellbird Park have achieved a key milestone with the tender awarded to Langden Constructions Pty Ltd and construction scheduled to begin.
- Grants and sponsorships from $2,000 to $20,000 available for events, capital works, equipment and wellbeing projects
Community organisations will have the chance to garner funding support when round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grant and Sponsorship program opens on 31 January.
- Applications open for $2,500 to $20,000 grants so local organisations and community groups can join Queen's Jubilee tree planting program
Local organisations and community groups can apply to be a part of the Planting Trees for the Queen's Jubilee program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- A new skate park for Rawson community in Baw Baw Shire
Rawson locals have come together to celebrate the official opening of their new skate park, backed by funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren get $60,000 each for community projects from Baw Baw Shire Council
Excitement is mounting in Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren after community-led projects received Baw Baw Shire Council endorsement at Wednesday night's meeting.
- Darren Chester writes to Minister Bridget McKenzie after Sarsfield community shockingly misses out on bushfire recovery funding
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has urged the government to intervene immediately and fix a "farcical situation" which has seen community-led bushfire recovery projects excluded from consideration for recovery grants.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital to host Mind Australia pop-up community mental health service and cater to Gippsland
Additional funding to support the mental health workforce for better and more accessible services as the Latrobe Regional Hospital to host one of the pop-up community mental health services.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Applications open for Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations grants from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications are now open for up to $1,000 for Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Mirboo North Pool reopens with updated facilities from $3.6M low interest loan from Community Sports Infrastructure Loans Victorian government scheme
Mirboo North's updated pool facilities are open in time for summer fun, thanks to a community sports loan from the Victorian Government.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Bass Coast Yoga Festival at Inverloch Community Hub on 7 - 8 May 2022
Yoga festival that combines a unique mix of Yoga and wellness in the seaside hamlet of Inverloch, a weekend of rejuvenation & reconnection comes to Inverloch.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay Project concept plans need community feedback from Bass Coast residents
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue its development of concept plans for the potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Free event for International Women's Day at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on 8 March 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council is hosting a free event for International Women's Day on Tuesday, 8 March at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- Forest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Council seeking for community feedback on Forest Park in Orbost project.
- Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium expansion gets $1.25M early works underway from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus
An early works contract valued at $1.25 million has been awarded for the Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion to prepare the site for major construction.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Baw Baw Civic Precinct initial development gets $3.5M funding from Victorian government Growing Suburbs Fund
A landmark community precinct for the people of Warragul is now a step closer to reality, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Neerim District Health Service Aged Care Facility gets $5M funding for upgrade from federal Community Development Grants Program
Morrison government's commitment to redevelopment and upgrade of the Neerim District Health Service Aged Care facility.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- Baw Baw Council Public Art Fund contributes $20,000 to complete Tanjil Bren mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road
The new mural along Mt Baw Baw Tourist Road was officially opened with a local community celebration on Saturday 2nd April 2022.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Myli and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance support proposed Culture and Connection Precinct
Momentum continues to build for the landmark precinct with local library organisation Myli (My Community Library) and the Baw Baw Arts Alliance affirming full support for the proposed $30 million Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Baw Baw Shire kindergarten open days for 2023 have started
Baw Baw families looking to enrol their children in kindergarten for 2023 are invited to attend upcoming Open Days in their township.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Feedback wanted on replacement of Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park in Drouin with new expansive multi-use community facility
Council is seeking community input to identify potential future uses for Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park, Drouin as they determine the feasibility of its retention and the costs associated with its refurbishment.
- Baw Baw Shire residents can book additional hard waste pick up service to help with Spring cleanup
Additional hard waste collection bookings are now open for Baw Baw Shire residents looking to get their Spring cleaning done and dusted.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- Sale RSL receives $120,000 improvement grant from federal government under Veteran and Community Grants program
The home of Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale is about to receive a new roof thanks to a $120,000 Federal Government grant.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Andrews Labor Government provides more support service for LGBTIQ+ community in Morwell
The Andrews Labor Government is providing more support to LGBTIQ+ Victorians and their family in the Latrobe Valleywith new free counselling at Anglicare Victoria.
- Baw Baw's hidden treasures uncovers hundreds of public art examples
Local art aficionados uncovered almost 200 examples of public art throughout Baw Baw Shire during Council's Hidden Treasures Hunt.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- James Reid - Baw Baw Shire Planning Director departs to pursue potentially career-defining project in professional planning
Baw Baw Shire Council Director of Planning and Development James Reid to pursue a role with the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust.
- Benetas appointed as aged care provider for both Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City starting 1 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council's Home Support Program and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People are set to transition to new appointed providers in July 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Reopening of prolonged outage program was called out by Mr Northe as some residents still have no power after five days
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has called upon the State Government to reopen the Prolonged Power Outage Program to assist residents who have been without power for many days and since storms battered parts of the State last Friday.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Keeping Baw Baw's urban nature strips safe with its newly adopted guidelines
Council has adopted the Urban Nature Strip Guidelines to outline the kinds of modifications residents can make to nature strips while ensuring they remain safe and accessible.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Mountain bike trails at Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort are now open and perfect activity in Gippsland over summer
Biking season at Mt Baw Baw is now open, with essential bookings suited for your convenience.
- Federal program of regional grants like Building Better Regions Fund need overhaul
The Federal Government should overhaul its regional grants funding programs which are failing to deliver fair outcomes for communities like Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- Population growth rate of Baw Baw Shire is 3.7 percent is and thirds highest according to Australian Bureau of Statistics
According to ABS, during the 2020-21 financial year period Warragul and Drouin experienced an annual growth rate of 3.7 per cent with the town's combined population rising from 40,631 to 42,115.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Round two applications open to join Project Reference Group for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A second round of applications are now open for community members to join a Project Reference Group (PRG) for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Push for update ageing Warragul and Drouin bypass to better serve Baw Baw Shire fast growth
Local community, business and industry support is building behind efforts to secure funding to improve Drouin and Warragul aging arterial road network.
- Bellbird Park construction funded $4.1M from Baw Baw Shire Council and Victorian Government through Growing Suburbs Fund
The first sod has been turned at Bellbird Park to mark the commencement of works on a vibrant new multi-use pavilion and community events facility.
- Tutor program to continue in schools across Eastern Victoria until 2022
The Victorian Government will make sure that not one school student across Eastern Victoria is left behind in the wake of the pandemic, with the state's extraordinarily successful tutor program to continue until the end of 2022.
- Feedback wanted by on draft Public Health and Wellbeing Plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community feedback, thoughts and suggestions on its draft Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- Latrobe Valley Ladder Step Up program celebrates fourth year getting young people engaged in education, training and employment
Over the past four years, Ladder program participants have achieved outstanding outcomes, re-engaged in education, employment, and training.
- Remembrance Day commemoration for Baw Baw Shire will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph
Remembrance Day commemoration will be hosted in Warragul at the Cenotaph on the corner of Smith and Victoria Streets
- Putting Patients First program from Andrews Labor government forgets to fund a new West Gippsland Hospital
The 2022-23 State Budget, with the slogan "Putting Patients First", has failed to deliver a new Hospital for West Gippsland.
- Keith Cook elected to fill Baw Baw Shire Council West Ward vacancy
Re-elected councillor swearing-in and induction to join and be a part of his old team.
- Country Roads and Bridges Program axed by Andrews Labor government leaving Victorian country roads neglected
Victoria's roads network is in a 'revolting' state of disrepair, according to the people who are risking their lives driving them every day.
- Swim for free at Thorpdale Pool in Baw Baw Shire this summer
Thorpdale Swimming Pool Committee has worked with Baw Baw Shire Council to provide a donation that will allow the community to swim for free.
- Free outdoor activities start for people of all ages across Baw Baw as part of 'Watch this Space' program
Destinations across Baw Baw Shire are being transformed into vibrant pop-up dining, activity and multi-use entertainment spaces offering a feast of free events for people of all ages to enjoy.
- Keith Cook sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor
Keith Cook has been sworn in as a Baw Baw Shire Councillor with a ceremony held this afternoon in the Fountain Room of the West Gippsland Art Centre.
- Federal Local Economic Recovery program funds $1.4 million for improvements to Buchan streetscape in East Gippsland
Buchan streetscape will be upgraded thanks to Federal Government funding through the Local Economic Recovery Program.
- Giant Gippsland Earthworms and Hooded Plovers get $500,000 from Morrison government Threatened Species Strategy Action Plan
Community-led program that aims to conserve, restore and protect native wildlife that share the same habitat.
- Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program gives up to $300 from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's Outdoor Entertainment Rebate Program will give businesses rebates of up to $300 for providing outdoor entertainment this summer.
- Free green waste disposal for Baw Baw Shire residents
Baw Baw Shire Council is offering residents free green waste disposal at selected transfer stations to help prepare their properties for the upcoming fire season.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- CFA-declared fire danger period for Baw Baw Shire starts on 10 Jan 2022
The CFA-declared Fire Danger Period will commence at 1.00am on Monday, 10 January 2022.
- Applications open for Youth Grants Program from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications for Bass Coast Shire Council's Youth Grants Program are now open.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Message from Russell Broadbent on NAIDOC Week 2021
Community is invited to support and celebrate the history, culture and achievements of the first people.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Implementation of revised Open Space Maintenance Standards by Baw Baw Shire Council sees improvement on the ground
Implementation of the adopted open space maintenance will have operational changes, gaining more appreciation and positive feedback.
- Yarragon dog lovers celebrate official opening of of newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve in Baw Baw Shire
Yarragon dog lovers and their four-legged friends have celebrated with Baw Baw Shire Council at the official opening of the Shire's newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Free flu vaccines shots from National Immunisation Program start 10 May in Bass Coast Shire so book now
Bass Coast Shire Council's Influenza immunisation program will begin in May, which offers free flu vaccinations through the National Immunisation Program.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Third batch has $136,000 grants from Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism program to deliver support to creative and cultural sector
Morrison government's funding support for the creative and cultural sector through Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- New Men's Shed Workshop at Neerim Junction on digital technology funded $80,000 from Victorian government
Council has entered a community lease with Neerim District Community House and Men's Shed to develop a workshop facility located at the former Neerim Junction Tennis Courts, at 17 Court Rd, Neerim Junction.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre program ready for March 2022 opening
The stage is almost set for world-class shows and entertainment as construction of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre (GPAC) nears completion ready for the March 2022 opening.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- Relief for storm affected and areas of power outage in Wellington Shire
The Wellington community has come together to provide assistance in various ways to help other community members.
- Applications for Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee are open until 18 May 2022
Invitation for the community to send their expression of interest with regards to the Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee.
- Darren Chester says Latrobe Valley owed explanation from Dan Andrews on failed promise for 500 electric vehicle manufacturing jobs
Latrobe Valley community wants to know why members of the parliament refuse to participate in a local task force.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- Works in the Indigenous Art Garden at Rotary Park in Warragul is set to show on 16 May 2022
The Rotary Club of Warragul, our Indigenous community and Baw Baw Shire Council are working together to create a new garden of local cultural significance.
- Trafalgar multi-use pavilion and synthetic bowling rink official opens 5 March 2022
Trafalgar sporting clubs and community members have come together to celebrate the official opening of two major upgrades to the town's sporting infrastructure.
- Opening of new multi-use pavilion at Apex Park in Traralgon by Chris Buckingham from Latrobe Valley Authority
It's peak season at one of Latrobe City's most utilised sporting venues following the opening of a new pavilion at Traralgon's Apex Park.
- Over fire prevention notices issued in Wellington Shire to clean up properties during the fire danger period in 2021/22
Council reminding the community and landowners to maintain their surroundings to a fire-safe condition during the fire danger period.
- Big step forward for Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail to create an interactive sound and light 'Gondwana Garden'
A masterplan developed for the community to experience dinosaur discovery, learning and creativity, a journey that links together history, community, culture and environment
- Green light for Australia Day celebrations to go ahead in Latrobe City
Celebrations of culture, community and connectedness will go ahead on Australia Day at venues across Latrobe City.
- East Gippsland gets $2M through Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile voice and data connectivity
The Federal Member for Gippsland has welcomed over $2 million of funding in this year's budget to improve connectivity in East Gippsland, in partnership with Telstra.
- Extra opening hours for all outdoor pools for summer peak in Wellington Shire
Local swimmers will get some cool relief this summer with outdoor pools across Wellington Shire opening for at least three hours every day during the peak season.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- Ellinbank Badminton Club celebrates funded upgrades to clubrooms and kitchen facilities at 75th anniversary
Members of the Ellinbank Badminton Club and local community have gathered to officially unveil upgrades to the clubrooms and kitchen facilities in concert with the club's milestone 75th anniversary celebrations.
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- Latrobe City Australia Day Awards 2022 to Dean Sutton, Bridie Byrne and Martin Dyt
Local legends, outstanding events and champion community services have been acknowledged at the 2022 Latrobe City Australia Day Awards ceremony, held on Sunday following COVID-19 related delays.
- Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has endorsed a strategy to deliver sustainable economic growth and a bright, thriving future for our region and its businesses.
- Feedback from draft Queen Street design plans in Warragul invaluable and summary provided
Feedback sought from the community to shape up accessibility and safety of Queen Street in Warragul.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- Detox your Home event to encourage Wonthaggi to dispose of unwanted household chemicals on 31 Oct 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council is encouraging the community to dispose of unwanted household chemicals at the Detox your Home event, coming to Wonthaggi on Sunday, 31 October.
- Sandhill Ashes new date - Sunday 10 April 2022 from 11am at the Sarsfield Cricket Ground (SCG)
Sandhill Ashes community cricket moving its event date.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- Leanne Hurst appointed as Director of Planning and Development for Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire appoints a new director for planning and development.
- Kennedy family generously donate century old wooden sculpture to Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has gratefully accepted a carved wooden dingo sculpture generously donated by the Kennedy family, farmers and residents of the Shire for more than 100 years.
- Project Reference Group appointed to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A project Reference Group (PRG) has been formally appointed by council to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Feedback wanted on update to flood map overlays in amendments to Baw Baw planning scheme
A proposed amendment to the Baw Baw Planning Scheme to update flood maps for existing overlay controls is now on public exhibition.
- Morwell Foodbank hub at standstill after four years of promises from Andrews Labor government
Lack of updates and communications with the Latrobe Valley community with regards to the promised Morwell Foodbank Hub, community seeks more information about the Morwell Foodbank Hub
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Michael Leaney elected as Mayor and Annemarie McCabe as Deputy Mayor for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Cr Michael Leaney, elected as Mayor and Cr Annemarie McCabe, elected as Deputy Mayor.
- Gippsland residents reminded to submit photographs the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar
Encouraging photographers and the community to send their photograph entry for the calendar.
- Gippsland performing arts centre in Traralgon officially opens
Opening Night of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre, community gathers to breathe life into our new creative precinct.
- Tee-Up Golf Day 2021 in Traralgon raises $20,000 for suicide prevention and mental health with help of Russell Northe and Rotary Club
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has spoken of his pride with regards to the business and community support that was received for the 2021 Tee-Up for Mental Health Day to which Mr Northe co-hosted along with the Rotary Club of Traralgon.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021-25 adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Adopted domestic animal management plan that will provide and ensure domestic animals safety with responsible ownership.
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Lichelle Clarke, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley and Jason Bargwanna inducted into Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame
Local sporting champions Lichelle Clarke PLY, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley, and Jason Bargwanna have been inducted into the Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame.
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- Walk with dingos and much more while you are at Mt Baw Baw this summer
Round out the lofty walk with dingoes and a caffeine hit and sweet treat at Village Central.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- Breakfast presentation on future of business with Bernard Salt at Lardner Park in Baw Baw Shire on 18 May 2022
Join internationally renowned futurist, author, business advisor and media commentator Bernard Salt at Lardner Park on Wednesday 18.
- Celebrating a million ways to be a woman online part of International Women's Day from Latrobe City Council
As part of International Women's Day, Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to join in celebrating the contribution of women across the municipality.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Latrobe City Council Aged Care and Services to undergo significant changes from July 2022
Council services will undergo significant changes across Latrobe City with council set to transfer the Aged Care and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People services to new providers in July 2022.
- Glengarry Mechanics Institute $250,000 upgrades funded from federal Drought Communities Program completed
Upgrade works for the Glengarry Mechanics' Institute has been completed making the hall more user friendly for community events and celebrations.
- Murray Street and Biggs Drive intersection upgrade gets $650,000 funding from Blackspot Program 2021/22 and Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to Unlock Opportunities in Wonthaggi, with significant pedestrian safety upgrade works on the intersection of Murray Street and Biggs Drive about to get underway.
- Proposals and ideas wanted on how to best use federal funding from 'Local Jobs Program' for Gippsland
Support program on improving jobseeker skills and employment pathways.
- Bairnsdale Airport gets $340,000 grant for water main upgrade from federal Regional Airports Program and East Gippsland Shire Council
Work is underway at Bairnsdale Airport to replace the site's ageing water mains.
- More jobs in Latrobe Valley as Govhub opens for business
GovHub to open and create more jobs in the community and support economic growth.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- Drouin Tennis Club celebrates $353,000 refurbishment of Balmoral Park Pavilion from Baw Baw Shire Council
Members of the Drouin Tennis Club have gathered to celebrate the refurbishment of the Balmoral Park Pavilion following a $353,000 investment from Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Join in the Australia Day celebrations across Baw Baw Shire
Everyone is invited to join and celebrate Australia Day 2022 festivities.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Grants from $5,000 to $70,000 available for shows and field days via federal Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program
Round two of the Supporting Agricultural Shows and Field Days program opens on January 28, 2022.
- Progress on new Warragul indoor sports stadium for Baw Baw Shire
Early works are progressing well on site at the Warragul Leisure Centre in preparation for major construction of a new indoor multi-use sports stadium.
- Feedback wanted in the Local Law review for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently reviewing its Local Law and is calling on the community to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
- Feedback sought on draft Smiths Beach town plan by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council has developed the Draft Smiths Beach Town Plan, following extensive community engagement in 2020 and is now looking for feedback.
- Grants for Gippsland art organisations available from federal Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART)
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA) is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from Batch 1 of the Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- Issues unresolved on how to stop enormous damage and distress from Traralgon Creek major flooding
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe has raised in Parliament this week ongoing concerns from the local community with respect to the impact of the June 2021 floods.
- Pet registration door knocking campaign by Regi-check ambassadors to commence in Baw Baw Shire
Regi-Check ambassadors will conduct a door knocking campaign on behalf of Baw Baw Shire Council to assist residents with their pet registration needs.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- Guidelines to provide efficient tree inspections across Baw Baw Shire
Council has endorsed the Tree Inspection Policy and Guidelines to better manage tree inspections and maintenance works within urban areas of the Shire.
- Labertouche CFA Station gets new water tank with funds from by Bendigo Bank, Longwarry CFA and Baw Baw Shire Council
Purchase and installation of a 100,000-litre static water tank at the Labertouche CFA Station.
- Celebrate and shop locally in Latrobe CIty as part of Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 to 22 May 2022
Latrobe City Council is celebrating Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 - 22 May, encouraging the community to support small businesses by shopping local.
- Call to federal government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is calling on the Federal Government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA) gets $7.5M additional funding via Victorian Ladder - Step Up program to create more jobs
The Andrews Labor government will keep helping create more jobs in the Latrobe Valley, with another $7.5 million investment in the Latrobe Valley Authority (LVA).
Latest NewsBass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Failure to act on critical issues in Triple-0 by Andrews Labor government leaves Victorians mourning for the loss of a loved ones
Victorian Nationals continue to stand with regional Victorians who are committed to action on climate change
Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Labor appoints Labor mate Ben Hubbard as the new Chair and Director of VicForests to put jobs through wood chipper
Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli