• Add My News • Search Old News
Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.
By Portal Admin - 12th January 2019 - Back to News
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster are set to amalgamate in early 2019 to form a single unified entity to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry. The move comes after extensive consultations with members and other stakeholders across industry, government, research, education, and community around the benefits of joining forces. The proposed amalgamation was unanimously endorsed by both organisations at the recent Annual General Meetings of both organisations. The single entity will be known as "Food & Fibre Gippsland".
Agribusiness Gippsland Chairman, Stuart Quigley said the amalgamation provides an opportunity to combine the strengths and resources of both organisations to support better outcomes for the sector. "Gippsland’s food and fibre sector is a key part of the Gippsland economy, and there are many opportunities to support sustainable growth and achieve productivity gains", Mr Quigley said. "Expanding the collaborative effort and having a single ‘go-to’ organisation will really support this".
East Gippsland Food Cluster Chairman, Damien Gannon, said Food & Fibre Gippsland will be a member-based not-for-profit network which will work to support the best outcomes for the agrifood sector and the Gippsland community. "The principles of collaboration and innovation are key, as well as being able to respond to very diverse needs and aspirations across the sector", Mr Gannon said. "There are a lot of very exciting initiatives already underway, and they will certainly continue without interruption. We will however be very keen to hear about and respond to further opportunities".
The first board to take Food & Fibre Gippsland forward will include three representatives of the current boards of Agribusiness Gippsland and East Gippsland Food Cluster. These are Stuart Quigley (SCQ Consulting), Nicola Pero (Lardner Park), Kate Wallis (Commonwealth Bank of Australia), Damien Gannon (Tinamba Hotel), Andrew Bulmer (Bulmer Farms) and Sallie Jones (Gippsland Jersey). An independent chairman will also be appointed.
Agribusiness Gippsland and East Gippsland Food Cluster are both incorporated in the State of Victoria under the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012. An application to amalgamate the organisations is being made to Consumer Affairs Victoria. Until this process is finalised both organisations continue to operate in their right.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- Gippsland’s Leading Food and Fibre Organisations to Amalgamate
New entity supports Gippy food and fibre sectors
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- Liberal Nationals Improving Food Security for Vulnerable People in Morwell
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to address the growing issue of food insecurity in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland.
- Victoria’s Kangaroo Pet Food Trial Must Be Made Permanent
Growing frustrations on kangaroo pet food trial.
- Kangaroo Pet Food Trial
Decision on kangaroo pet food trial, long overdue.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- One Month Left on Kangaroo Pet Food Trial
Letter to the editor on kangaroo pet food trial
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.