Gippsland Portal Local News:
Gippsland.com collaborating with the GCN?
Web-based relationship on the cards for Gippsland Internet entities
By Emma Kae - 22nd November 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
The Gippsland.com Portal is a growing, developing entity that looks to offer all it can to its audience base. Feedback plays an important role in improving the usefulness of the website, and applying to the needs of the user.
Recent comments from the webmaster of Maffra.net.au offered this advice: ‘community centres can play an important role in the development of the Portal by driving a connection with the community domain name set. The Gippsland Community Network (GCN) is (an example of a) model which clearly benefits communities,’
The GCN that he speaks of is a town-specific community-based website concept that allows users to author, host and maintain the local community details. This system, currently in use across each of the GCN websites, has four strict aims that each website must maintain. They are:
1. Data Integrity – maintenance of information close to the source.
2. Affordability - for small business and new operators.
3. Availability - local assistance and training is available.
4. Return - revenues retained in the local community.
The feedback states that he would like to see a collaboration of information and the development of a working relationship between Gippsland.com and the GCN. The Gippsland.com team are currently researching what expansion could be made on this front.
Do you have any feedback for the Gippsland.com website? Click here to register your comments.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Northe Expresses Disappointment at Lack of Commitment for Lifeline Gippsland
Russell Northe described his reaction to a recent response from the Minister for Mental Health.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- Delve Into Art This May
Gippsland celebrates ‘Come and Play All of May
- Applications Invited For Round 2 of Environmental Grants Scheme
East Gippsland Water now inviting applications for Round 2 Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Standing with our Valued Lifeline Heroes
Standing with Gippsland communities due to fire and drought.
- Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.