Gippsland › Latest news › East Gippsland Local News
Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
The100kW photovoltaic solar system will be installed atop the Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre, which is one of Council's highest energy-using sites. This installation will assist Council in moving to 100 per cent of its electricity coming from renewable sources by 2023, as identified in the Council Plan 2021-25.
Large and fully-equipped and supervised health club offers a range of equipment to meet all fitness needs, visit Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre
Energy-efficient and environmentally friendly service
Council has engaged East Gippsland companyA1 Solar & Electrical to undertake the installation, with work set to commence Monday, August 9, and run for four weeks. The installation will not impact customers using the facility.
In addition to providing an energy-efficient and environmentally friendly service for the site the panels will also reduce reliance on mains power supply. The system is expected to have a payback period of approximately nine years and will complement an existing 65kW cogeneration gas-powered unit that is onsite,to create an energy-efficient site.
For tips on how to reduce your energy bills and access programs that can help you save on power bills, visit energy use and savings.
Pictures from East Gippsland Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bairnsdale residents getting improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services
Bairnsdale residents will have improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services when the Services Australia Service Centre in Bairnsdale undergoes an upgrade.
- Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms gets $42,000 for Tesla solar power and batteries from Gippsland Climate Change Network
Installation of energy storage battery at Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms that will help save money on electricity cost and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Bairnsdale airport in East Gippsland gets $220,000 federal funding for upgrade
Bairnsdale Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $220,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Bairnsdale hosted East Gippsland's latest citizenship ceremony welcoming over 30 new citizens
Ceremony to welcome 32 people from different countries as the new Australian citizens.
- Bairnsdale Airport gets $340,000 grant for water main upgrade from federal Regional Airports Program and East Gippsland Shire Council
Work is underway at Bairnsdale Airport to replace the site's ageing water mains.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Everyone to enjoy Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre in Traralgon regardless of ability or language with introduction of Access Key
Latrobe City Council delivers Access Key to customise accessibility to Gippsland Aquatic Centre (GRAC) in Traralgon
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Bairnsdale Aerodrome gets $9.9M federal funding from Black Summer Bushfire Recovery program
Federal government announced the multi-million dollar boost for bushfire impacted communities across East Gippsland Shire.
- Sun Cinema in Bairnsdale receives $60,000 as financial boost thanks to federal government SCREEN fund
A Gippsland independent cinema has received a financial boost thanks to the federal government's SCREEN Fund.
- Longer hours for early voting centres in Morwell, Traralgon, Sale, Bairnsdale and Lakes Entrance for 2022 Federal Election
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is predicting record numbers of pre-polling as early voting centres open today (Monday) across Gippsland.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Mallacoota Gun Club gets $9000 for new solar power system from federal government funding
Funding for the re-establishment of the facility.
- Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve upgraded with $1.92M funding from federal and Victorian government Local Economic Recovery program
Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve will undergo a much-needed upgrade thanks to Federal and State Government funding.
- Australia Day Awards ceremony at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve on 22 January
East Gippsland's Australia Day Awards ceremony will be held on Saturday 22 January at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve from 10.30am.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- LED lights to be installed at Darnum Recreation Reserve with $200,000 funding from Victorian Country Football Netball Program
The AFL Oval and Netball Courts at Darnum Recreation Reserve will soon undergo much needed upgrades with the installation of new light towers and LED light fittings throughout the facility.
- Omeo Recreation Reserve become temporary camp site as Omeo Caravan Park gets cleaned up after floods
East Gippsland Shire Council backed the establishment of an interim camping site at the Omeo Recreation Reserve.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets $4.2M bushfire recovery funding for improvement and upgrades
The Buchan Recreation Reserve will receive a $4.2 million facelift after an additional $3 million in bushfire recovery funding was secured this week.
- Special Charge Scheme to raise $400,000 for South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate to unlock investment in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council has declared a Special Charge Scheme to help fund an upgrade to the water supply at the South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate and allow the precinct to reach its full potential.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Gippsland government schools can apply for state funded solar panels through Greener Government School Buildings program
Applications for the school solar panel system are now open.
- Seniors invited to SOS - ABBA Tribute Concert at Bairnsdale Sporting and Convention Centre on 18 March 2022
Free concert to give the seniors opportunity to come together and enjoy the music of ABBA.
- Traralgon Recreation Reserve gets $2.75M for new facilities development as part of Victorian government 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council has welcomed the Victorian government's budget contribution of $2.75 million towards developing new facilities at Traralgon Recreation Reserve (TRR), which is a key component of council's Traralgon Flood Recovery Project.
- East Gippsland welcomes new citizens in Bairnsdale for April 2022
East Gippsland's newest citizens have been officially welcomed at citizenship ceremony in Bairnsdale on Tuesday 26 April.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre officially opened by Minister for Regional Development Mary-Anne Thomas as centerpiece of the $42M Latrobe Creative Precinct
The much-anticipated Gippsland Performing Arts Centre has opened its doors to the public, with the state-of-the-art space to become a drawcard for locals and visitors bringing top acts to the region.
- Lakes Entrance Aquadome wins 2022 Small Facility Management Award at Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards
The Lakes Entrance Aquadome came out on top at the recent Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards.
- Traralgon South Recreation Reserve upgraded with $340,584 from the Latrobe Valley Authority and $312,202 from Latrobe City Council
After a brief construction adjournment, the courts are back in session at the Traralgon South Recreation Reserve.
- New cancer treatment centre for West Gippsland Hospital coming as health group gets $4.5M funding from federal coalition government for build
A new cancer treatment centre to be built at West Gippsland Health Group will change lives and improve regional health outcomes thanks to funding from the Federal Coalition Government.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt to glow purple for victims of domestic and family violence
The West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt will be lit up purple this Wednesday 4 May in memory of the lives of women and children lost to domestic and family violence.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- Still time to nominate local heroes for 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year
There is still time to nominate your local heroes for the 2022 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year.
- New female friendly pavilion at Darnum Recreation Reserve from $500,000 grant Victorian government Local Sports Infrastructure Fund
The netballers at Nilma Darnum Football Netball Club can say goodbye to changing in the back of the car, thanks to the completion of the new game changing female friendly pavilion at the Darnum Recreation Reserve in Darnum.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- Free camping at Omeo Recreation Reserve until 17 April 2020 as Omeo Caravan Park reopens for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council remains committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Local artists featured in the Australian Wood Design Exhibition at the Orbost Exhibition Centre 26 March - June 19
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Australian Wood Design Exhibition which is at the Orbost Exhibition Centre until June 19.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Gippsland Cancer Care Centre to get new Linear Accelerator as part of $11M funding package from the Victorian 2022/23 budget
Regional cancer patients will have access to brand new radiotherapy services closer to home, thanks to a massive funding boost in the Victorian Budget 2022/23.
- Wonthaggi Civic Centre lits up for International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia on 17 May 2022
The Wonthaggi Civic Centre will be lit up tonight (Tuesday, 17 May) to acknowledge and support International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
- New Turra Pavilion at Trafalgar Recreation Reserve is new home of Trafalgar Victory Football Club and Trafalgar Boxing Club
Trafalgar Recreation Reserve's new Turra Pavilion will be open on early 2022, catering the needs of sporting clubs.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale receives $2M facility upgrade from federal government
The Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale will receive a $2 million boost if the federal coalition government is returned on Saturday.
- Brumby carcasses found by locals in East Gippsland bush requires explanation from Andrews Labor government about culling program
Following reports of brumby carcasses being found in the East Gippsland bush, local Nationals MP, Tim Bull, has asked the Environment Minister to come clean on the details of the program.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Baw Baw Shire Council will improve pedestrian safety on Normanby Street, Warragul, following the presentation of a petition signed by 56 community members.
- Works underway at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve Soccer Pavilion with $700,000 project under Sport and Recreation Victoria
Bass Coast Shire Council has started work to extend the Soccer Pavilion at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve.
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Ever wondered what happens to your recycled glass bottles? Well, in East Gippsland they are now part of footpaths!
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Local artists showcased their musical talents at the all-ages music event supported by Wellington Shire Youth Council and FReeZA crew Propellor
Local artists showcased their musical talents in front of a big crowd at the recent All-Ages Tour, which was organised and hosted by Wellington Shire Youth Council.
- Applications open for Gippsland Recycling centres grants up to $500,000 from Victorian government $40.9M Regional Recycling Fund
Recycling centres across regional Victoria including in Gippsland can apply for grants of up to $500,000 for infrastructure upgrades as part of Round One of the $40.9 million Regional Recycling Fund.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations awarded funding from Community Infrastructure Grant Program from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium expansion gets $1.25M early works underway from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus
An early works contract valued at $1.25 million has been awarded for the Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion to prepare the site for major construction.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- Innovation centre boosts the Latrobe Valley economy
Innovation centre that helps in boosting the creation of jobs and the region's economy, supporting the development that is beneficial to the valley.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- Calling on local volunteers to register or nominate for East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll
Council is calling on volunteers to register or nominate for the East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll.
- Local artists Jessie McLennan, Rebecca Vandyk-Hamilton and Jeannie Haughton make 'Three Women on Kurnai Country' sculpture
Local first Nations women to be honoured with life size artwork sculpture called 'Three Women on Kurnai Country' from the local artists Jessie McLennan, Rebecca Vandyk-Hamilton, and Jeannie Haughton.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre program ready for March 2022 opening
The stage is almost set for world-class shows and entertainment as construction of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre (GPAC) nears completion ready for the March 2022 opening.
- Local psychologist Dr Sharee Johnson launches book 'The Thriving Doctor' at Port of Sale
Local psychologist and executive coach Sharee Johnson will launch her book The Thriving Doctor at Port of Sale this month
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Will outreach services be offered by new mental health centres being established in Bairnsdale and Orbost?
More details and information being sought on the health and well being that are to be established.
- Gippsland performing arts centre in Traralgon officially opens
Opening Night of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre, community gathers to breathe life into our new creative precinct.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Winners of 2021 Business Awards held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo announced by Bass Coast Shire Council
Local businesses were in the spotlight on Friday (18 February) night, as Bass Coast Shire Council announced the winners of the 2021 Business Awards at an event held at Silverwater Resort in San Remo.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- Australia day awards for 2020 nominations open for people that have gone above and beyond in South Gippsland Shire
Nominations are now open for the South Gippsland Australia Day Awards.
- Local emergency services for regional Victoria should feature in 2022-23 Victorian budget
Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull is hoping to see some key projects ticked off in next week's State Budget.
- Survey for local businesses to help measure the full impact of South Pacific Laundry sudden withdrawal from Gippsland
Wellington Shire Council wants to hear from any local businesses impacted by the sudden withdrawal of linen services from Gippsland by South Pacific Laundry.
- Nominate a local Baw Baw Shire legend for a 2022 Australia Day Award
Nominations for the 2022 Australia Day Awards are now open and close at 5pm on Monday 22 November 2021.
- Four local artists are facilitating FREE creative workshops with 'Big Art Small Halls' program
Come and enjoy with local artist to facilitate free creative workshops for the whole month of June.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- Local community shapes future plans for vacant land at Rollo Street in Yarragon
Council adopted the Rollo Street, Yarragon Masterplan, a planning document that will guide the future development of a vibrant, new community space.
- Local residents must have a voice in Traralgon Creek flood review Mr Northe says
Residents wanting to better understand why the emergency and evacuation systems failed to function.
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Federal Local Economic Recovery program funds $1.4 million for improvements to Buchan streetscape in East Gippsland
Buchan streetscape will be upgraded thanks to Federal Government funding through the Local Economic Recovery Program.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Lakes Entrance recognised wins Top Tourism Town Awards with East Gippsland towns Paynesville and Mallacoota placing high
East Gippsland towns being on top of the tourism awards.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges locals to follow COVID-19 health advice for sake of local business
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens has urged locals to be vigilant and to follow the latest Covid-19 health advice, for the sake of local business.
- Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre with $650,000 construction grant from Wellington Shire Council
Construction is underway on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre, a new space for events and learning programs with a focus on sustainability and culture.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- Wellington Shire Council 2021 National Economic Development Awards finalist for 'The middle of everywhere' campaign
Wellington Shire Council is a finalist in the 2021 National Economic Development Awards for Excellence.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Restrictions still apply in Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity burning off guidelines outside of the Fire Danger Period
The CFA's Fire Danger Period has now ended in Bass Coast, however some restrictions still apply to burning off under Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity 2012.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Fit outs continue on Gippsland Performing Arts Centre with completion expected by end of 2021
Works to complete the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre exterior and the interior fit out are continuing.
- New oval lighting for Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will install new oval lighting at the Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves over coming months.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Latrobe City Australia Day Awards 2022 to Dean Sutton, Bridie Byrne and Martin Dyt
Local legends, outstanding events and champion community services have been acknowledged at the 2022 Latrobe City Australia Day Awards ceremony, held on Sunday following COVID-19 related delays.
- Youth Prevention and Recovery Care Centre (YPARC) at Parkville opened but not being used due to workforce shortages
Under-staffed mental health services can't provide the care and preventative support Victorian kids so desperately need.
- East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Funding for works on the rail trail from Bairnsdale to Orbost.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- Restoring shellfish reef ecosystems in Gippsland Lakes will help protect environment and boost local jobs and tourism
A new native shellfish reef will bring new life to the Gippsland Lakes as well as providing a boost of up to 25 local jobs and enhancing tourism and recreation.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Fit out underway for Gippsland Performing Arts Centre as part of $18.5 million upgrade
Improving Gippsland Performing Arts Centre that is designed for better experience that can also serve as asset to the region.
- Federal government provides $131.8M for local road maintenance in West and Central Gippsland under the Roads to Recovery funding
Local road maintenance in Monash will receive a boost thanks to funding under the Australian government's Roads to Recovery Program.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Upgrades and specialist equipment for Gippsland early childhood education centres via Victorian government Building Blocks Inclusion fund
Upgrades to early childhood education centres and specialist equipment to help improve learning outcomes.
- Em Rusciano performs at West Gippsland Arts Centre for International Women's Day in March 2022
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women while calling for gender equity and an end to gender-based discrimination and violence.
- Celebrate and shop locally in Latrobe CIty as part of Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 to 22 May 2022
Latrobe City Council is celebrating Main Streets of Australia Week from 16 - 22 May, encouraging the community to support small businesses by shopping local.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- Wellington Shire wellness map list of tracks and trails close to town centres to encourage you to spend time in the spring sunshine
Wellington Shire council is encouraging you to get active close to home.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for November 2021
St Mary's Parish Centre in Bairnsdale was beaming with smiles today as 11 East Gippslanders officially became Australian citizens.
- East Gippsland hockey players score synthetic pitch for WORLD Sporting Precinct in Bairnsdale
Significant improvement done to the facilities of Women's Organisation for Recreation, Leisure and Development (WORLD) sporting precinct.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- Feedback wanted from families for local kindergarten providers and Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council and local kindergarten providers want to hear from families, to better understand kindergarten needs for the Shire into the future.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- Celebrate Australia Day Awards at Meeniyan Hall on 19 January 2022
Celebration of Australia Day awards to be held at Meeniyan Hall.
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Dan Andrews officially opened Morwell Trade Skills Centre (MTSC) as part of a $35.5M rejuvenation of TAFE Gippsland
The Andrews Labor Government is giving more Gippsland job seekers access to world-class trades training with the opening of a new multimillion dollar Morwell Trade Skills Centre at TAFE Gippsland.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- New Maryvale Mill Energy from Waste Facility will add local jobs from federal government's $48.2M investment through Modern Manufacturing Initiative program
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's commitment of $48.2 million to the energy from waste facility at the Maryvale Mill through the Modern Manufacturing Initiative.
- Applications open for $2,500 to $20,000 grants so local organisations and community groups can join Queen's Jubilee tree planting program
Local organisations and community groups can apply to be a part of the Planting Trees for the Queen's Jubilee program.
- Wonthaggi Guide Park redevelopment gets $700,000 from Sports and Recreation Victoria and $350,000 from Growing Suburbs Fund
Work is set to get underway on the redevelopment of Guide Park in Wonthaggi, which will see the creation of a regional scale playspace for the community.
- Emma Wiggle and Elsa from Frozen appear at local parks in Wellington Shire from 5 to 13 March 2022 as part of Parks Week
Parks Week runs from 5 to 13 March with a jam-packed calendar of free or affordable events for the whole family.
- Feedback wanted in the Local Law review for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is currently reviewing its Local Law and is calling on the community to provide feedback on the proposed changes.
- Come to Cowes Cultural and Community Centre community drop-in information session
Information session for the community with regards of the cultural centre redevelopment.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- Building of Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park has started
Construction on two of Bass Coast Shire Council's major projects has now officially started, the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Federal assistance of $7 million paid to Gippsland local governments for first quarter 2021-22
Local governments in Monash have received their first 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Redevelopment underway in Guide Park in Wonthaggi with $700,000 from Sports and Recreation Victoria and $350,000 from the Growing Suburbs Fund
Work is set to get underway on the redevelopment of Guide Park in Wonthaggi, which will see the creation of a regional scale playspace for the community.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Blatantly dishonest for Andrews Labor government to claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by 2019-20 bushfires
The State Government's claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by the 2019/20 bushfires, is blatantly dishonest, says Nationals Gippsland East MP, Tim Bull.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Darren Chester challenges Gippslanders to buy local produce and shop at local stores
While we can't physically attend any of our hospitality or retail venues right now you can still support local jobs by purchasing a takeaway meal or buying clothing or gifts via click and collect.
- Stony Creek Racecourse with live music and local market stalls in South Gippsland on 19 February 2022
Relax and unwind at the gorgeous Stony Creek Racecourse on 19 February with live music in local market stalls!
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
The development in the town centre represents a new era for Paynesville, providing additional commercial floor space and apartment living that will bring new activity and vitality to the town.
- Gippsland lifesaver Barrie Smith of Seaspray and Alpine First Aid and Training recognised in Life Saving Victoria Awards of Excellence
Local lifesavers and facilities from the Gippsland region have been recognised in Life Saving Victoria's (LSV's) 2021 Awards of Excellence.
- These Girls & Boys Can Ride bike club supports local business along East Gippsland Rail Trail
What started as a bike ride with a few friends has turned into a group of over 100 members from across East Gippsland.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Victorian power saving bonus of $250 extended until 30 June 2022
The Victorian Government is extending the popular $250 Power Saving Bonus payment to support more vulnerable households doing it tough with energy bills.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Noojee nominated as finalist in 2022 Top Tourism Town Awards by Victoria Tourism Industry Council
Baw Baw Shire's beloved town of Noojee has been announced as a finalist in a highly-prized annual tourism awards program. All residents are encouraged to vote now to help Noojee take out the top accolade.
- Improved broadband with NBN coming to Sale and Bairnsdale
Households in Sale and Bairnsdale will soon have access to higher speed internet as the National Broadband Network (NBN) continues upgrades across Gippsland.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- Landholders in East Gippsland to develop wildlife refuges with $1 million grant to 'Trust for Nature' as part of bushfire recovery
The Federal Government is backing local landholders and communities in East Gippsland to lead the way in bushfire recovery through a $1 million grant to support the regeneration of impacted plants and animals.
- East Gippsland Conservation Management Network gets $200,663 via Environment Restoration Fund to enhance protection of threatened Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies
East Gippsland Conservation Management Network (EGCMN) will improve protection for Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies in Gippsland thanks to federal government funding.
- Farming for Success 2022 conference at Laurels Function Centre at the Sale Turf Club on 8 March 2022
Diverse stories of innovation and growth in the agriculture industry were detailed at the Farming for Success 2022 conference hosted by Wellington Shire Council this week.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Victorian system in crisis: More mental health workers needed to meet regional and metro demand
Today's mental health announcement from the Andrews Labor Government doesn't go anywhere near far enough to address Victoria's shadow pandemic.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for Australia Day 2022
East Gippsland has welcomed 14 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held on Australia Day - Wednesday, January 26.
- Men's Sheds for West and East Gippsland get funding to continue improving the local men's health
Funding granted for more men's sheds across the region to help them build their connectivity and share their skills.
- East Gippsland small businesses can apply for support from $1M LaunchME program
Small businesses in East Gippsland will have access to services to help grow and sustain their businesses through the LaunchME program.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for September 2021
East Gippsland has welcomed 12 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held this morning, coinciding with Australian Citizenship Day - Friday, September 17.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Get tickets for the 2021 Bass Coast Business Awards held on Friday 18 February 2022
Tickets are now available for the 2021 Bass Coast Business Awards presentation night.
- East Gippsland gets $2M through Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile voice and data connectivity
The Federal Member for Gippsland has welcomed over $2 million of funding in this year's budget to improve connectivity in East Gippsland, in partnership with Telstra.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Stage two of $110,000 new footpath along Eastwood Road in north Bairnsdale
East Gippsland Shire Council has begun Stage Two of a new footpath along Eastwood Road, Eastwood, north of Bairnsdale.
- Nominations for Wellington Shire Council 2022 Australia Day Awards closing soon
Time is fast running out to nominate a person or group for recognition in Wellington Shire Council's 2022 Australia Day Awards.
- Farm gate trails offering taste-led tours for locals and tourist for East Gippsland
Taste-led tours lets the region showcase high-quality Gippsland beef and excellent wild-caught seafood, along with quality wines, craft beer, olives and olive oil, chocolate and condiments.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- East Gippslanders dismayed by bushfire recovery grants program
Council disappointment on the recovery grants for bush fire damages, requesting urgent review on bush fire recovery funding allocation for Gippsland.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- East Gippsland Men's sheds encouraged to apply for grants up to $80,000 to improve facilities via 2022-23 Men's Shed Funding Program
Men's Sheds grants that support the establishment, expand or refurbish existing sheds across the state are now open.
- East Gippsland motorists encouraged to submit first-hand reports via an online portal for Vote for Victoria's Worst Road campaign
Three-month campaign to Vote for Victoria's Worst Road asks motorists to submit first-hand condition reports via an online portal to list the most dangerous hazards risking lives on our roads every single day.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- Thirty-five East Gippsland communities get strengthened disaster telecommunications
Thirty-five East Gippsland communities will soon receive telecommunications systems to help ensure resilient communications are available during emergency events.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- Monaro Highway in East Gippsland is rapidly deteriorating and requires urgent attention from Victoria's road management
The Monaro Highway, a critical freight route in and out of East Gippsland, is the latest in the local roads network requiring urgent attention with local Nationals MP.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- Family Day Care from Baw Baw Shire Council wins National Service of the Year at Excellence Awards in Canberra
Baw Baw Shire Council's renowned Family Day Care service has been recognised as the National Service of the Year at the Family Day Care Australia Excellence in Family Day Care Awards in Canberra.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- Gippslanders are owed an explanation for Victorian Government backing imported timber over the local product says Darren Chester
Call for a review with the government decision in importing timber instead of using Victoria's good quality timber.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Victoria risks losing its title as Australia's agriculture powerhouse as $500M wiped from food and fibre sector while NSW gains $1B
Victoria risks losing its crown as Australia's agriculture powerhouse according to new food and fibre export figures released this month.
- Celebrate East Gippsland Winter Festival from 17 June to 10 July 2022
Embrace the chill of the season in an abundant celebration of art, wine, local produce and live music across East Gippsland from 17 June to 10 July 2022.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Latrobe City Council submits to inquiry into impacts of Hazelwood and Yallourn power stations closures
Latrobe City Council will advocate for greater Government support for the municipality to help the region transition with less power stations.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island in Bass Coast to give local businesses access to Gigabit Internet connections
691 Businesses in the Monash electorate will benefit from cheaper and faster broadband with NBN Co announcing the establishment of a Business Fibre Zone at Phillip Island - Bass Coast today.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Tim Bull warns of East Gippslanders seniors being scammed online out of considerable amounts of money
Tim Bull encouraged East Gippslanders being scammed out of considerable amounts of money residents to beware of scammers, not rushing through money transfers.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Federation University in Churchill has new pathway for local students to study medicine
Local MP Darren Chester has welcomed the introduction of a new pathway at Federation University to allow local students to study medicine.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- South East Melbourne Phoenix migrates to Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium in Traralgon for 2022 NBL season
South East Melbourne Phoenix takes a match against the Adelaide 36ers at the new-look stadium, million dollar upgraded Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS).
- Latrobe City Business Chamber formed to bring together local valley businesses and industry groups
Latrobe City Council is supporting the creation of a single business association to strengthen the voice of the business community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Lorraine Warford hangs up her stop sign as school crossing supervisor after 25 years service in Bairnsdale
Bairnsdale 754 Primary School is about to say farewell to its much-loved school crossing supervisor, Lorraine Warford, who is hanging up her stop sign on Friday after 25 years of looking after young students.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- LED tactile paving installed in Trafalgar's street intersection footpath by Regional Roads Victoria is a first for Gippsland
Safety for pedestrians and drivers are being enhanced through the LED tactile paving.
- Wellington Shire Council encouraging children with launch of BIG Summer Read program
Wellington Shire Council is encouraging local children to keep reading over summer with the launch of the BIG Summer Read program.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Historical street signs installed to restore part of Warragul streetscape in Baw Baw Shire
Installation of historical street signs that will preserve and have let you appreciate history as it changes through time.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Support will focus on restoring Victoria's reputation as a manufacturing powerhouse prioritising support for industries.
- Federal support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
The Coalition Government is bolstering support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- Easter Bunny and ventriloquist with his collection of puppets visits Wellington Shire libraries from 12 - 14 April 2022
Visits from the Easter Bunny, a ventriloquist and his collection of hilarious puppets are part of a big line-up of fun to celebrate Easter.
- One Gippsland submits freight fast-track, tourism recovery, digital connectivity and job creation as funding priorities 2022/23 to governments
A number of local projects have been identified that will work to increase the liveability and prosperity of our regional cities and local towns.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Rebuild opportunity for Victoria's broken mental health system will be missed if Labor government refuses to support crucial reforms
An opportunity to rebuild Victoria's broken mental health system will be missed if the State Government refuses to support crucial reforms that will unlock thousands of extra workers for the exhausted and under-resourced workforce.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Outrage among regional motorists as new data shows most neglected local government areas in country Victoria
The sad state of country roads is driving outrage among regional motorists with new data painting a picture of Victoria's most neglected local government areas.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Wellington shire businesses eligible for disaster power outage payments
Financial assistance is now available for businesses in Wellington that experienced prolonged power outages after severe storms on October 29, 2021.
- Wellington Shire Council endorses second package for business COVID support
Wellington Shire Council today endorsed the second incarnation of its Covid-19 Business Support Package to assist local businesses recover from the effects of the pandemic.
- Councils in West and South Gippsland will share in $2.1B Commonwealth Cash Boost for flooding and COVID-19 recovery
Five councils in the Monash electorate will benefit from the Australian government's $2.1 billion pre-payment on next year's Financial Assistance Grant to all councils across Australia.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Chocolate, beer and medicine face massive supply disruptions over Christmas if the nation's largest timber pallet manufacturer is denied access to timber.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Yarram airport in East Gippsland gets $300,000 federal funding to improve safety
Yarram Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $300,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- Baw Baw Shire Council publishes 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial
Baw Baw Shire Council has published its 2020-21 Annual Report of Operations and Financial Report following their noting at tonight,s Council Meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports Activism against Gender Based Violence
Baw Baw Shire Council has joined forces with organisations and groups across Gippsland to promote the international 16 Days of Activism campaign against Gender Based Violence.
- Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli
Successful applicants of Lone Pine seedling to receive the seedlings in time to celebrate the Centenary of the Republic of Turkey.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card can apply for $250 Power Saving Bonus from Victorian government until 31 January 2022
Calling on the eligible residents to send their application for the rebates they can receive as power saving bonus from the government.
- Princes Highway through East Gippsland gets $3.6M upgrade to improve road safety and resilience
A $3.6 million upgrade to one of the worst sections of the Princes Highway will improve safety and resilience of the key transport link, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Oval lighting will be upgraded at Cowes, Dalyston and Inverloch recreation reserves
Oval lighting will be upgraded at the Cowes, Dalyston and Inverloch recreation reserves.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2021-2025 which guides Council's statutory responsibility for improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City Council get extra $13,200 from state government 'Municipal Emergency Resourcing Program'
Eastern Victorian Councils will receive more funding to help them prepare for and respond to emergencies thanks to a funding boost from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw baw Shire Council set to continue chemical free maintenance program across open space areas
Council will continue chemical free park maintenance across three open space areas, Hearn Street Park in Drouin, Queen Street Park in Warragul, and McGregor Park in Trafalgar.
- Baw Baw Shire Council to continue transition out of direct aged and disability support services
Council is proceeding with the decision reached in March 2020 to transition out of delivering direct care aged and disability support services from 30 June 2022.
- Head off with the kids on super-tasty food-focused road trip supporting local farm gates in East Gippsland
School holidays are approaching, so it's time to plan a road trip with the kids, a cooler bag and a picnic blanket.
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- Robert Burns of Churchill promotes Latrobe City for 20 years as volunteer at local visitor information centre
Latrobe City Council has commemorated the contribution of a volunteer who has given 20 years of service.
- Federal government grants MediPharm Labs in Wonthaggi to $466,577 and create more local manufacturing jobs
Grant to modernize a local company, MediPharm Labs to create greater efficiency and competitiveness.
- Baw Baw Shire Council advocates on need for safer road infrastructure and traffic solutions in Drouin Warragul and Walhalla
Meeting and discussion about the traffic and safety issues as well as the timeframe of road repairs.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- Federal budget to support Gippsland's recovery with a focus on infrastructure spending and cost of living relief for local families
Darren Chester MP welcomes commitment to continue funding major infrastructure projects in Gippsland for local roads, bridges, community facilities and better telecommunication services
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy received $40,000 to connect carers from across Gippsland through formal and informal peer support programs
Local unpaid carers who selflessly support their loved ones will receive more support from the Victorian Government to help care for their own wellbeing.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 23 March
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting held on 23 March.
- Mallacoota Pony Club getting ready to resume operations using $296,000 grant from federal Local Economic Recovery program
Local MP Darren Chester has congratulated members of the Mallacoota Pony Club for getting work underway to resume operations.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Wellington Shire Council calls for concerns and suggestions during pandemic with Living Well During COVID-19 plan
Residents of Wellington to give their suggestions to help improve wellbeing during the pandemic.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Gippsland students can apply for up to $18,000 assistance via Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging local students needing financial assistance to apply for round six of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Aged and Disability Services to transition from July 2022
Decision to cease the delivery of meals services, home maintenance, home modifications, social support groups and volunteer programs will be transitioned to delivery by other providers.
- Proposals and ideas wanted on how to best use federal funding from 'Local Jobs Program' for Gippsland
Support program on improving jobseeker skills and employment pathways.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 September 2021
Council meeting minutes and agendas held last 22 September 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 January 2022
Council meeting for the proposed development for the shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 23 February 2022
Council meeting minutes and agendas held on Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Meeting Snapshot - 10 November 2021
Council meeting agenda held last 10 November 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 December 2021
Council meeting update held on 08 Dec 2021.
- Wellington Shire council's domestic animal management plan is open for feedback
Dog and cat lovers, the council wants to hear from you.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - Wednesday 13 April
Agendas of the council meeting helst Wednesday 13 April 2022.
- Safer speed limit for Forge creek Road in East Gippsland to reduce its unenviable crash and trauma record
A new 80km/h speed limit will be introduced on Forge Creek Road from Monday, August 23, to help tackle its unenviable crash and trauma record.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 13 October 2021
On Monday 11 October, Council held an additional Council Meeting to consider the scope, budget and potential funding options of the Baw Baw Civic Precinct.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Wellington Shire Council urging residents to prepare properties for coming fire season
Properties must be prepared before the annual inspections take place and maintained for the entire Fire Danger Period.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 8 September 2021
Minutes and agendas of the council meeting last 8 Sep 2021.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 February 2022
9 February council meeting agenda.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 August 2021
Agenda of the council meeting on Wednesday, 11 August.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 August 2021
Agenda from the council meeting held on 25 August 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 April 2022
Summary of the council meeting held on 27 April 2022.
- Sun sets on Gippsland life saving patrols in 2022 as busiest lifesaving season in Victoria ends
The red and yellow flags will be taken down on Gippsland clubs and state-wide beaches for the last time this season, ending Victoria's busiest lifesaving season to date.
- Andrews Labor government walks away from promised East Gippsland plantation nursery flagging catastrophic building material shortages
The Andrews Labor government has walked away from a promise to establish a plantation nursery in East Gippsland today.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 14 July 2021
Agendas of council meeting held on 14 July 2021.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Free event for International Women's Day at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on 8 March 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council is hosting a free event for International Women's Day on Tuesday, 8 March at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre.
- Wellington Shire Council reminds dog owners to clean up after their pooches
Reminding pet owners to clean up their pets waste, failure to do so will be fined.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Andrews Labor government to spend another $100M to axe local Victorian timber jobs
Labor's native timber ban will leave more destruction and uncertainty for the Victoiran fafmilies and communities.
- Relief for storm affected and areas of power outage in Wellington Shire
The Wellington community has come together to provide assistance in various ways to help other community members.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Easter feast of events in the Middle of Everywhere are set to kick off in Wellington Shire this April 2022
From aviation and fashion to arts and music, with plenty for food and wine lovers to enjoy, the calendar of events will provide an economic boost to the region.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Lighting up winter sports in Drouin Bellbird Park Oval and Trafalgar Recreation Reserve
Winter sports have been illuminated in Drouin and Trafalgar thanks to three significant lighting upgrades delivered by Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Metung Hot Springs upgrades progressing well with funding from private investment and federal Local Economic Recovery Program
Work on the multi-million dollar Metung Hot Springs is progressing well with local MP Darren Chester saying the project will create jobs and transform the East Gippsland visitor economy.
- Farmers asked to share their views as East Gippsland Agriculture Sector Advisory Committee finalised
New appointed committee members and farmers survey completion to better assist the agricultural sector.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Updates from the ouncil meeting held on 11 May 2022.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- Pop-up program from Baw Baw Shire Council is back and starts 17 March 2022 in Thorpdale
Baw Baw Shire Council's popular Council Pop-up program is back for 2022, taking council and staff on the road to speak to locals where they live.
- Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants East rip off for Gippsland may be avoided says Darren Chester
The Federal Government is backing away from a plan which would have short-changed bushfire impacted communities in East Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- TAFE Gippsland Warragul campus upgrade complete and now world-class training facility
The Andrews Labor government has completed its multimillion-dollar upgrade of TAFE Gippsland's Warragul campus, giving local jobseekers the chance to train in world-class facilities before entering a rewarding career.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Triangle Park in Marlogets $300,000 grant from Victorian government's Local Economic Recovery Program
Triangle Park in Marlo is getting an upgrade, with the $300,000 project expected to be finished before Easter.
- Over $4.77M invested by Liberal and Nationals Government for priority Gippsland projects to met local communities needs
Liberal and Nationals Government investing over $4.77 million in South Gippsland to help communities recover from the pandemic.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- Feedback wanted from Gippslanders on review of the National Landcare Program
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to have their say as part of the review of the National Landcare Program.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- Illegal protests near Snobs Creek in Gippsland's high country are detrimental to local families
Increased activism at coupes which has a flow-on effect to worksite risks for industry workers, stopping access to timber coupes near Snobs Creek in Victoria's high country.
- Lights upgrade for at Bellbird Park in Drouin and soccer pitch at Trafalgar Recreation Reserve
Winter sports have been illuminated in Drouin and Trafalgar thanks to three significant lighting upgrades delivered by Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Parks Minister Lily D'Ambrosio should apologise to East Gippsland businesses for slow response to repair bushfire damage
New staff to help repair infrastructure damaged during the two-year ago bushfires has finally been announced.
- Feedback wanted from Gippsland dairy farmers on Dairy Code of Conduct
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippsland dairy farmers to have their say on the Dairy Code of Conduct.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Wellington Shire mayor urges kindness as Melbourne and regional Victoria opens up
Wellington Shire Council Mayor Garry Stephens is encouraging locals to be kind and support each other as Melbourne and regional Victoria move to the same Covid restrictions from this Friday.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- Russell Northe calls for funding for Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium to become football centre of excellence
Call for government funding to utilise the sports entertainment centre and give good potential to help make Gippsland to become the football heartland.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Gippsland hydrogen cluster launched and well positioned to be a key player
The Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster was launched today during an online event by its auspicing body the Committee for Gippsland.
- Gippsland to share in $3B Victorian economy boost from 2026 Commonwealth Games
Gippsland is set to shine on the world sporting stage in 2026, with the region being confirmed as one of the four regional hubs to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Free performances in East Gippland from Colorado Children's Chorale and California Fullerton University Singers
The internationally acclaimed Colorado Children's Chorale, founded in 1974, boasts performances in the White House, the Lincoln Centre for the Performing Arts in New York, Royal Albert Hall in London and more.
- Gippsland not-for-profit kindergardens can apply for grants from $7.5M from state government fund to improve ventilation
Victorian Government is helping kindergarten services across Eastern Victoria reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, with support for better ventilation measures to help keep children and staff COVIDSafe.
- Gippslanders urged to visit Sale in October to see Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award - Archibald Prize
Entries on Young Archie 2021 exhibition in Gippsland are on exhibition on Level 2 of the Gippsland Art Gallery, from 27 Sep - 21 Nov 2021.
- Online guide on how Gippslanders can live sustainably from Wellington Shire Council
Information on how to live sustainably is now easier to find thanks to an upgrade of Wellington Shire Council's online resources for local residents and businesses.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- One Gippsland announces new leadership with Kellie O'Callaghan as Chair and Ian Bye Mayor as Deputy Chair
One Gippsland has elected a new Chair and Deputy Chair to lead the alliance through 2022 ahead of the Federal and Victorian elections.
- Omeo Rodeo gets $170,800 funding for facility upgrades from federal Bushfire Recovery Local Economic Recovery Program
Omeo Rodeo has modernised its facilities after receiving Federal Government funding.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- One Gippsland says 2022/23 Victorian budget will help boost to recovery of region
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian government's broader investment in health, economic recovery and support for First Nations Victorians.
- Funding for surf lifesavers throughout Gippsland discussed by Darren Chester and Life Saving Victoria CEO Catherine Greaves
Discussion with the lifesaving clubs and members for ongoing funding for local surf lifesavers.
- TAFE Gippsland gets $4 million upgrade from 'TAFE Asset Maintenance Fund' to cater for growing enrolments at Warragul Campus
Warragul students will soon move into new state-of-the-art facilities at TAFE Gippsland, funded by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth clear walking track at Mt Worth State Park
Volunteers from the West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth have come together for a working bee to clear the walking track at Mt Worth State Park on Tuesday morning.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- DASMA in Morwell to innovate waste management principles with $2.1M from Cooperative Research Centres Projects
A Morwell based company will develop and incorporate new processes of utilising recovered materials across the supply chain thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Gippsland welcomes federal budget 2022-23 which includes a range of regional initiatives that will support region to grow and thrive
Federal budget 2022-23 release to continue support of growing Gippsland.
- New Gippsland culinary experiences at Sardine Cantina in Paynesville and Sodafish in Lakes Entrance
Put a pin in your foodie maps, new Gippsland culinary experiences await.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery to hold exhibition for eight-metre wide painting reflecting iconic Hazelwood Power Station from 2 April to 10 July 2022
A new exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery (LRG) reflects on the role the iconic Hazelwood Power Station had in the lives of Latrobe City locals over several generations.
- Latrobe City Transition Taskforce starts on plan to move away from traditional power generation and a reduced timber industry
Taskforce establishment to plan for the economic diversification and investment opportunirties.
- Gippsland small to medium exporters can apply for federal Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) to co-fund international marketing and promotional expenses
Russell Broadbent MP has urged exporters in Monash to take advantage of the Coalition Government's improved export grants program.
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- Gippsland rural airstrips and aerodromes can apply for grants of between $5,000 and $3M from federal Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program
The guidelines for round nine of the federal government,s Remote Airstrip Upgrade program have now been released.
- Gippsland live performance presenters and suppliers can apply for state support from event cancellations between May and September
The Victorian Government is providing more support for live performance events that have been cancelled due to the recent coronavirus restrictions.
- Gippsland state-owned schools, health and service organisations directed to move regional banks accounts to CBA, NAB and Westpac
State-owned schools, health services and organisations have been directed to close accounts with smaller regional banks and transfer funds to Commonwealth, Westpac or NAB banks.
- Gippsland small and medium businesses can partake in $400 million of support from 'Victorian Business Support Package'
A new jointly funded package from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments will give Victorian small and medium businesses the extra support and confidence they need to recover from the recent lockdown.
- Mayor Danny Goss of Baw Baw Shire Council to host live Q&A on Facebook on 14 Sep 2021
Join Mayor Danny Goss as he answers resident questions in a live Facebook Q&A event on Tuesday 14 September at 7.30pm.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- Gippsland hospitality businesses will stay shut on Friday from unworkable rules imposed by Andrews Labor government
Ease of restriction given to Victoria is not enough to keep businesses to stay open and recover.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Gippsland motorists robbed of life-saving road upgrades as state and federal government dithers
Government failing to fast track the road safety upgrades putting regional communities in critical functioning.
- Gippsland and Latrobe Valley to benefit from federal Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs fund
The Federal Government's $1.2 billion hydrogen investment is set to boost economic activity and jobs in regional Australia.
- Gippsland tourism peak body aligns with Tourism Australia and encouraging vaccinations
National response for COVID-19, protecting yourself and the community.
- Gippsland residents reminded to submit photographs the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar
Encouraging photographers and the community to send their photograph entry for the calendar.
- Further support for Gippsland job seekers with the extension of employment facilitator services
Funding to support and employ local job-seekers and facilitators.
- Gippsland Country Music Festival returns to Mossvale Park in South Gippsland
Family-friendly, all-ages festival that showcases Australia's best country music including well-known legendary artists as well as the most exciting up-and-coming live acts.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Anthony Basford re-appointed as Chief Executive Officer for East Gippsland Shire Council
Council reappoints Anthony Basford as East Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer.
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
Latest NewsBass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Failure to act on critical issues in Triple-0 by Andrews Labor government leaves Victorians mourning for the loss of a loved ones
Victorian Nationals continue to stand with regional Victorians who are committed to action on climate change
Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Labor appoints Labor mate Ben Hubbard as the new Chair and Director of VicForests to put jobs through wood chipper
Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli