• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
By Portal Admin - 17th August 2020 - Back to News
Much loved community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell will be upgraded thanks to Victorian Government funding.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing MP today announced nearly $200,000 in funding for Glengarry Mechanics Institute and Club Astoria German Australian Society from the Latrobe Valley Authority's Community and Facility Fund.
The Glengarry Mechanics Institute will receive a much-needed facelift thanks to a $159,660 grant to renovate the building which is over 100 years old. The project includes restoration of the weatherboard façade, new flooring, drainage and structural repairs, and installation of accessible amenities and entry ramps.
Club Astoria German Australian Society will receive $36,569 to undertake essential improvements to their Morwell facility. It includes the replacement of damaged stumps and floor repairs, and replacement of windows and walls, improving comfort for members and allowing them to continue to run their popular community events.
More than 230 community groups across the Latrobe Valley region are now seeing the benefits of improved facilities thanks to the Victorian Government's Community and Facility Fund, delivered as part of the Latrobe Valley Authority's $266 million package.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing MP
"The Victorian Government is proud to support community projects through the Community and Facility Fund, while also providing a boost to local businesses involved in undertaking the works."
"Investing in projects like these enables community groups to focus on the future, giving them the confidence to host more events and encourage local participation."
Quote attributable to Latrobe Valley Authority CEO Karen Cain
"Our Community and Facility Fund has been extremely successful - supporting 232 wonderful community-led projects that encourage participation and inclusion, but also providing a boost to local businesses involved in bringing the projects to life."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- More Testing Facilities Needed in Latrobe
Enhanced testing capacities in the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Community Sport Survival Package Second Round Open
Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package – Round 2
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- A New Home for the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre
PICAL’s current site is set to be the site for the new Phillip Island Community Hospital.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Labor Giving City Projects a Leg Up, but Forcing Country Communities to their Knees
Tangled red and green tape makes it too difficult for people to develop in regional Victoria.
- Inverloch Projects Ready to Go
Projects include road and kerb renewal works along Golf Street, between Freda Street and Sandymount Avenue and the design and installation of a new shelter at the Wallace Avenue Park.
- Caring for our Diverse Community
Council appointed new members to the City Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee.
- Annual Budget Adopted
Highlights of the Budget include funding for the planning and/or design of a number of significant, intergenerational projects.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Lighting Upgrades to Benefit Sports Clubs
Four recreation reserves get lighting upgrades.