• Add My News • Search Old News
Bass Coast Local News:
Who is your Local Hero?
Identify and nominate our local heroes.
By Portal Admin - 22nd November 2020 - Back to News
There is still time to nominate your local heroes for the 2021 Bass Coast Australia Day Awards for Citizen of the Year and Young Citizen of the Year.
For the full media release please click on this link: https://www.basscoast.vic.gov.au/about-council/news-listing/who-is-your-local-hero
Celebrating previous Bass Coast Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year winners and nominees.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Give your Voting Ballot Papers to the VEC
Mail your completed voting ballot papers for the council election to the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC).
- Do your Bit for National Recycling Week
There is still room to improve!
- Have your say on Victoria‘S New Container Deposit Scheme
Victorians can continue to dispose of their bottles with a 10 cent refund for aluminum, glass and plastic drink containers returned for recycling.
- Seeking your Feedback on Water and Sewerage Services
Seeking feedback on water and sewerage services
- Nominate and Celebrate your Local Heroes!
Do you know someone living in Bass Coast who regularly goes above and beyond, you can always rely on for help, or you admire for their contribution to the community?
- Local Festivals and Events go Digital
Activities will be supported through the Government’s Multicultural Festivals and Events program, encouraging 148 community organisations across Victoria to get creative and move their events online.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- Bass Coast Local Heroes Celebrated
Recognition of Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year2021 winners.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.
- Register Now to Detox your Home
Detox Your Home: free service to dispose of unwanted toxic chemicals.
- Council’s Building Services Team can Answer your Building Questions
Building Services team is available to answer questions relating to building works and permits during the restrictions.
- Help us shape our Community Engagement Policy
The final Policy is expected to be considered for adoption at the February 2021 Council Meeting.
- Grants Available to Preserve Local History
Encouraging local historians to apply for a share in $350,000 to preserve,record and share history.
- Virus escapes Melbourne without a Trace
Asymptomatic testing wasn’t offered to customers who were potentially exposed to a Melbourne virus outbreak.
- Caring for our Diverse Community
Council appointed new members to the City Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee.
- Council’s Responsibilities during the Local Council Election Period
Council Election Caretaker Period from Tuesday 22 September to Saturday 24 October at 6pm.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Preserving Morwell’s Local History
Community groups across Victoria are being recognised for preserving, recording and sharing their community’s local history.
- Safety First when Renovating your Home
Contact an asbestos professional before starting any work on your home.
- Check the Rules before Clearing Vegetation from your Property
Changes to the rules regarding the removal of trees and vegetation.
- VicHealth Funding Announced for Local Groups
Five organisations to share in more than $30,000 of VicHealth funding.
- Nominate a Top Senior
Nominate a senior citizen who has made significant contribution to the community of Latrobe City.