Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards Winners
Morwell based manufacturer, Valley Windows, has won the 2002 Federation Health Gippsland Business of the Year Award
By GippsTAFE - 6th May 2002 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Valley Windows, which also won the Manufacturing/Export category, was established in 1983 to produce hand crafted quality western red cedar windows and doors. This Gippsland success story now manufactures standard and custom designed windows, and timber and aluminium doors for local and export markets.
The 2002 winners of the Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards, was announced at a gala dinner held at the Premiere Function Centre in Traralgon, which was described as an outstanding success.
The audience was treated to a hilarious performance from comedian Rod Quantock, fresh from a sell out season at the Melbourne Comedy Festival.
Royce Zygarlicki, Chairman of the Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards said, " the region is flush with an outstanding array of businesses who display uniqueness innovation and a commitment to the Gippsland region"
"It was obvious to everyone who was present on the evening that the winners and finalists were thrilled to be in the running for such a prestigious award."
Commenting on what it takes to run a successful Business, Stewart Cramer, Chief Executive of Federation Health said, " success does not simply arrive, it takes a competitive attitude, confidence, committed staff, collaboration and courage."
Mr. Cramer said each of the finalists had displayed these elements and were worthy contenders for the crown of winner in their field.
"All winners were extremely worthy and honoured to win their category."
This year a special presentation was made to "Drouin Commercial Printers" when they were presented with the Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards "Award of Merit" for their support of the awards process since its inception.
Mr Cramer said the quality of business on the evening was outstanding, and Federation Health was pleased to be associated with such successful business people and proud that they are fellow citizens of Gippsland.
Judging for the awards was extremely difficult as all finalists were of the highest standard.
The Gippsland Business Awards committee appreciated the effort made by all nominees and congratulated all finalists and winners on displaying outstanding commitment to excellence in Gippsland businesses.
"Each nominee has been successful, simply by being recognised as a successful Gippsland business and they deserve congratulations" added Mr Cramer.
Mr Zygarlicki said feedback on the awards had already been positive and those who attended were treated to a terrific night of entertainment, fine Gippsland wine and produce and the opportunity to network amongst Gippsland’s elite businesses.
Mr Zygarlicki added "the awards have been extremely important for the Gippsland business community, and it has been a great forum in which to bring together a wide range of private and government agencies, who have combined their efforts to help recognise and promote excellence in Gippsland business."
Planning is already under way for the 2003 Federation Health Gippsland Business Awards.
The category winners of the 2002 Federation Health Gippsland business awards are:
ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE CATEGORY
Oz Plants is a wholesale nursery producing many new plant varieties from different growing techniques to improve the quality of its product.
PRIMARY PRODUCER CATEGORY
Vegco is the industry leader in pre-packaged fresh salads and vegetables. They supply their product range to some of Australia’s major retailers.
MANUFACTURING AND EXPORT CATEGORY
Valley Windows specialise in manufacturing windows made of cedar, hardwood and the award winning Rylock aluminium.
NEW BUSINESS CATEGORY
Concerto’s By The Lake is a newly built bed and Breakfast nestled on water frontage in the picturesque Lakes Entrance.
Monacellars Wines & Spirits supplying liquor to hotels clubs, restaurants and smaller retail outlets, Monacellars has built a strong customer focus by ensuring staff have very good product knowledge.
Déjà vu Bed and Breakfast of Lakes Entrance is a unique Bed and Breakfast for the discerning tourist. It offers magnificent water front views and has been described as "delightfully different".
COMMERCE/ INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS TECHOLOGY CATEGORY
Gippsland Business Support uses innovative technology and the most experienced team of recruitment professionals and support team; they can assist companies to identify the most cost effective levels of temporary and permanent staffing.
Yarram Bakery is not only one of Yarram’s most successful retail businesses, it is also well known for its award winning pies!
Déjà Vu Bed & Breakfast offers you luxurious comfort and splendid hospitality, with superb water views from all rooms making this premium bed and breakfast accommodation.
Sundowner Lodge and Restaurant provides four and a half star boutique Bed and Breakfast accommodation and a fully licensed a-la-carte restaurant.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- Federation Training Becomes Tafe Gippsland
Federation Training unveils its new name.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Gippsland Employment Skills Training (Gest) Finalist in 2019 Learn Local Awards
Gippsland Employment Skills Training (GEST) gets nomination for Victorian Learn Local Awards.
- Enviromicrobio Lab Opens at Federation Training’s Yallourn Campus
Laboratory at Federation Training’s Yallourn campus by EnviroMicroBio Lab opens today!
- Gippsland Cemeteries Receive Victorian Government Grants
Nineteen Gippsland cemeteries received a government grant.
- Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
Gippsland Bushfire Emergency
- Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre Construction Ramps Up
Construction of Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre begins.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Business Award Finalists Announced
2019 Business Awards Finalists announced.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Gippsland Soccer Scores New Synthetic Field of Dreams
FIFA-accredited synthetic pitch for Gippsland Soccer.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Gippsland Freight Benefits from Bridge Strengthening
This critical link on the Princes Highway for transporting goods carries over 3,300 trucks each day in and out of Gippsland.
- Gippsland Line Passengers Urged to Plan Ahead During April
State-wide Autumn transport construction blitz for metropolitan lines.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- Gippsland Climate News & Views September
Peter Gardner's September Newsletter
- Gippsland Startup wins a trip to China
Laura Eddington from Warragul and founder of Little Bumble Reusable Food Wraps wins a two day hackathon to Nanjing, China. Find out more about this exciting development for the company.
- Free TAFE Starts at Federation Training Morwell
Free TAFE program for students and job seekers from the Latrobe Valley.
- Startup Gippsland 2019 Culminates In Dynamic Pitch Night -Prize Winners Announced
Grand finale event of the 2019 Startup Gippsland program.
- South Gippsland Connected to The State’s Water Grid
South Gippsland will be connected to the state’s water grid for the first time.
- The Gippsland Town of Churchill is Tipped to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald
Town of Churchill, to be a Highlight of The 2019 Jayco Herald.
- VAGO Finds Mental Health System Failing Victorian Children
Mental health system in crisis yet reform is still far away.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Startup Gippsland Accelerator Program Leads Australia
Startup Gippsland program recognised as an outstanding success.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- 5,000 Gippsland Residents Get Help at The Orange Door
Safety offered from threat of family violence when you enter the Morwell Orange Door.
- Helping Gippsland Children Get the Most Out of Kindergarten
Kindergartens to benefit from Australian-first school readiness funding.
- Plight of Gippsland Farmers Still Being Ignored
No help yet for Gippsland farmers.
- East Gippsland Water grants
Get Those Applications In for an Environmental Grant
- Supporting Gippsland Passengers during Autumn Blitz
Free travel during state-wide autumn transport construction blitz.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Officially Launched
Food & Fibre Gippsland was officially launched on Friday April 12 at Farm World
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Small Business Experts Head for Churchill
Small Business Workshop comes to town.
- Small Business Experts Head for Drouin
Small Business Workshop comes to town.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland Autumn Newsletter
Autumn 2019 Newsletter
- Small Business Experts Head for Moe
Access to relevant, reliable and affordable information on growing the business at workshops to be held in October for small businesses in the Moe are.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Welcome to CEO Paul Griffi and Gippsland Produce Brand conversations
A weekly update on news, events, activities and opportunities across the Food & Fibre sector in Gippsland.
- Boosting Business in Warragul
Warragul growth through 3rd round of the Boost Your Business Voucher Program.
- $1.66 Million Specialist Skills Boost for Federation Training
Access to cutting edge training for local Yallourn TAFE students soon!
- Supporting a Bigger, Better Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
Investment in a scenic trail will create jobs and boost tourism in Gippsland.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- Giving Locals A Voice at the Mental Health Royal Commission
Lived experiences sharing through new online portal.
- Maintenance Works to Keep Gippsland Trains Moving
Maintenance estimated to be completed over 11 nights to boost reliability for passengers in the long term.
- Food & Fibre Gippsland
We get your week underway with a snapshot of Food & Fibre industry news and activities across Gippsland, helping people and businesses to collaborate, innovate and engage.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Labor Must Not Delay Immediate Change for Better Mental Health Outcomes
Better health outcomes wanted badly.
- Latrobe City Council Joins Small Business Support Scheme
Latrobe City joins Small Business Friendly Council initiative.
- Preventing Family Violence with Women’s Health Services
New funding to teach people how to call out sexism and create gender equality policies.
- Baw Baw Shire Council Joins Small Business Support Scheme
Baw Baw Shire joins Small Business Friendly Council initiative.
- Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System
Please find enclosed copy of Member for Morwell Russell Northe’s submission into the Royal Commission for Victoria’s Mental Health System for your consideration.
- Northe Puts Spotlight on Improved Local Health Services
Ambitious target to half the Victorian suicide rate by 2025.
- Andrews Government Kicks in for Gippsland Sport
Residents of Toora, soon to enjoy modern sports facilities.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Applications Invited for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards
Applications are now open for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards.
- Northe Writes to Minister for Public Transport regarding a Dedicated Gippsland V/line Route
Letter pleading the State Government to commence the necessary actions needed to start a dedicated Gippsland V/Line route into Melbourne.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Upgrades to Morwell Kindergartens’ Play-Based Learning Spaces
First-rate kindergarten with upgrades to Morwell kindergartens.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Plantation Timber to Take Root in Gippsland
$110 million investment in native plantation timber, including 550 hectares of crown land close to Maryvale and Yallourn North in the Latrobe Valley announced.
- Morwell CBD Revitalisation
Creation of a reinvigorated town centre and establishing Morwell as a vibrant, dynamic and welcoming centre in the area of Morwell.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- Morwell Rose Garden Theft
Theft of Roses at Morwell Rose Garden.
- Morwell Rose Garden Festival Funding
A $100,000 Federal Government funding to expand the Morwell Rose Garden Festival.
- Morwell Makes Room for ‘Her Place’
Celebrating the lives of Victorian women with an exhibition in Morwell.
- Royal Commission into Mental Health
Regional Victorians must have a fair opportunity to give evidence and have their say.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- Gippy’s Leading Food and Fibre Orgs to Merge
Agribusiness Gippsland and the East Gippsland Food Cluster set to amalgamate in early 2019 to support Gippsland’s important $7bn food and fibre industry.
- Statement on Royal Commission into Mental Health
Statement on Royal Commission into Mental Health
- Connecting Morwell with High-Speed Broadband
Access to high-speed broadband for Morwell.
- Helping Victorians Start Their Own Business
Back up for Victorians who want to start their own business.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Local Moe Company Wins Manufacturer of the Year
Medium-sized business Manufacturer of the Year named.
- Country Race Clubs Will Be Winners under Liberal Nationals
Grassroots country racing clubs gets share of industry funding.
- Latrobe Valley’s Nurses, Doctors and Paramedics Rise to the Challenge
Busy flu season for Latrobe Valley health care providers.
- Northe Expresses Disappointment at Lack of Commitment for Lifeline Gippsland
Russell Northe described his reaction to a recent response from the Minister for Mental Health.
- Delve Into Art This May
Gippsland celebrates ‘Come and Play All of May
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Applications Invited For Round 2 of Environmental Grants Scheme
East Gippsland Water now inviting applications for Round 2 Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Council Welcomes Location for Phillip Island Community Hospital
Improved access to health services with Phillip Island Community Hospital.