• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Local Government Community Satisfaction Survey
Local Government Survey will begin on Monday February 17.
By Portal Admin - 1st March 2020 - Back to News
Interviewing across the Latrobe City community for this year’s Local Government Survey will begin on Monday February 17.
A State Government initiative, the survey is conducted on behalf of participating Victorian Councils.
An independent marketing research agency National Field Services will conduct the community satisfaction survey over a three week period across the Latrobe City region.
It will involve 400 telephone interviews with residents aged over 18 who will be asked to rank the City’s performance based on several indicators such as customer service and service delivery.
Latrobe City Council Mayor, Councillor Dan Clancey said the survey provided residents with an opportunity to have their say on what the City does well and what improvements can be made.
"The views of residents are very important to us, our community is our key stakeholder. The feedback that we obtain from those who take the time to participate in the survey, conducted by National Field Services, will help us to continuously improve the way we serve our community," Cr Clancey said.
"The survey has been designed to assess the performance of the City across a range of measures to identify ways to provide improvement that includes more effective service delivery to residents.
"We understand that people’s time is valuable and it is for that reason we appreciate people taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. The details of those who participate in the survey and their individual responses remain confidential. Only the overall results are shared with the City."
Similar surveys will be undertaken across Victorian Councils in the coming months. The results of the City survey will be released later in the year.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Local Builders Ignored in Local Project
WorkSafe a Victorian Government authority has excluded local builders from tendering for a significant project to be undertaken in Traralgon.
- Local – What is Local?
Local businesses, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers are given a "fair go" on Government led projects and in the procurement of goods and services.
- Local Sports Clubs across Eastern Victoria to Survive and Thrive
Successful clubs gets $1,000 grant.
- Local Cleaning Crews Spritz and Blitz Latrobe City Centres
Huge cleaning blitz around Latrobe City.
- Local Businesses Saving Big on Payroll Tax
Future savings with regional payroll tax cuts.
- New Local Project Funding for Baw Baw Shire
Growing Suburbs Fund expanded to include Baw Baw Shire Council, to support the local area’s growing needs.
- New Local Activities to Better Support Carers
$1 million package of grants to improve the health and wellbeing of carers.
- New Local Activities to Better Support Carers
$1 million package of grants for carers in Gippsland.
- Buy Local in Bass Coast
The Campaign will give the community information about how they can continue to support local businesses.
- 2020 Learn Local Award Nominations Open
Nominations now open for the 2020 Victorian Learn Local Awards.
- Grants to Support Local Creative Recovery
$26,000 grants to support local creatives to rebound, recover and explore new business opportunities.
- Northe Seeks Government Support for Morwell CFA Volunteers
Northe supports Morwell Fire Brigade volunteers to remain at existing fire station in McDonald Street Morwell.
- Applications Open for Greener Government School Building Program
Solar panels on government schools for reduced electrical costs and environment sustainability.
- Minor Capital Grants Open for Government Schools in Gippsland
Government schools can apply for a new $20 million Minor Capital Works Fund to fund minor school capital projects at government schools across Victoria.
- Northe Welcomes Projects but Urges Government to Support Locals
Building Works, announced.
- Russel Northe eequests Premier to intervene on local coronavirus concerns
Northe calls Premier to address local concerns amidst coronavirus
- Community Signage Footpath Decals
Print-ready footpath stickers for local businesses, schools and other organisations to download.
- Community Road Safety Grants Now Open
Apply for grants to boost road safety awareness in your local area.
- Backing Community Groups across the Latrobe Valley
13 grant recipients will share in the funding from the Labor Government's Latrobe Valley Authority's Community and Facility Fund.
- Community Engagement, Sponsorship Opportunities at EGVID 2020 & More
Diverse group of East Gippsland food and fibre businesses for community engagement and more!
- Regional Tourism Fund to Kickstart Regional Business and Local Economies
Bold steps needed now to restore Victoria’s tourism sector, our regional tourism businesses to recover.
- Business Register Supporting Local
Online business register to bring together local businesses and the community during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Latrobe Youth Space Development to Generate Local Jobs
4.3 million to design, develop and run the Latrobe Youth Space in Morwell to support young people.
- Game on at Bass Coast Community Stadium
Bass Coast Community Stadium was officially opened on Monday, 24 February.
- Round 2 Drought Funding
Three local projects proposed to be considered for drought relief funding.
- $19,184 Awarded to Latrobe to Keep Communities Safe
Addressing local crime and safety issues with the Community Safety Fund.
- Helping Children in the Latrobe Valley Celebrate with Free Activities
Support for local communities across the state to host fun and free activities on this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Business Support
Supports endorsed for almost 700 local businesses and over 100 sporting clubs and community groups in recognition of the adverse impact COVID-19.
- What’s Possible at Olive Justice Place
Feedback from diverse voices of local community needed on how to make Olive Justice Place better.
- Russle Northe demands commitment to timber industry jobs for Gippsland
State Government will provide Australian Paper’s Maryvale Mill with a $200 million subsidy - confirms the irresponsible ban on native timber logging is flawed.
- Busy Warragul Hospital Steps Up for Patients
The Labor Government delivered a $2.5 billion boost to hospitals’ operating budgets and is getting on with delivering a huge $7 billion pipeline of hospital projects to back hospitals to do what they do best.
- Northe Calls for Meaningful Support during COVID-19 Crisis
Northe requests for commitment in supporting local small and medium businesses facing closures, cancellations and reduction in customers.
- Andrews Turns his Back on Bushfire-affected Farmers
Andrews' Labor Government failed to explain failure to allocate enough money to its promised fodder transport subsidy.
- $23,750 Awarded to Baw Baw to Keep Communities Safe
Baw Baw Shire awarded $23,750 fund to address local crime and safety issues under the Community Safety Fund.
- Thousands Support Call to Reverse Ban on Recreational Hunters
Petition demanding the Andrews Government reconsider its politically-motivated ban on recreational sales of firearms and ammunition.
- Restrictions on Business Need Review
Minister for Small Business, consider the plight of local businesses that remain closed or who struggled to remain open.
- Small Business Bus Brings Advice on Wheels to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland
Access support and government business services as Small Business Bus visits.
- Better Connections for Baw Baw Pedestrians
Safer access to public transport and tourism facilities with $15,000 Flexible Local Transport Solutions program to build a concreted area near the shopping strip in Yarragon.