• Add My News • Search Old News
Russel Northe MLA:
Community Food Relief Fund Applications Open
Launch of the State Governments $5 million Community Food Relief Fund
By Portal Admin - 12th October 2020 - Back to News
Member for Morwell Russell Northe has today noted the launch of the State Governments $5 million Community Food Relief Fund that will help support local community organisations in supplying food to Victorians in need.
"One-off grants of up to $75,000 are available to enable organisations to increase capacity to deliver and store food, whilst supporting COVID safe business operations" said Mr Northe.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, community organisations have experienced increased demand for emergency food relief services, with many families now finding themselves in financial hardship due to reduced working hours or even the loss of employment.
"It is very pleasing to see that organisations can apply for much-needed funding to allow them to continue providing such crucial services such as emergency food relief support to community members in need" Mr Northe said.
Funding can be used to purchase infrastructure, such as updated IT and management software, refrigerated vans and support COVID safe practices or to attract new volunteers to support the delivery of food programs.
"I encourage local eligible community organisations to apply for funding through this program which will ultimately make a positive difference to individuals and families in the Latrobe Valley" Mr Northe added.
Grants are open to all Victorian community food relief organisations including those that are in partnerships with local councils. Applications are open now and will close at 2:00pm Monday 26 October 2020. Click here for more information or to apply for one of the grants applications can be submitted through the DHHS application portal.
Mr Northe also said it was important the State Government provided detail of when the promised Foodbank Morwell Hub would be delivered.
"Prior to the 2018 State election, the Government committed to the establishment of a Foodbank Hub in Morwell which was very much welcomed. Foodbank is such an incredibly respected and valued organisation and their support of those in need well understood" Mr Northe said.
"Two years on it is still unclear when this important and worthy project will be delivered and as demand for emergency food relief has risen markedly, it’s imperative to understand how, where and when this service will be operational" Mr Northe concluded.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Community Sport Survival Package Second Round Open
Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package – Round 2
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- A New Home for the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre
PICAL’s current site is set to be the site for the new Phillip Island Community Hospital.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- Simple Change to Restrictions will transform Pain Relief for Victorians in Need
Urgent need to reopen community pools to people with a disability for hydrotherapy treatment and water-based pain relief activities.
- Caring for our Diverse Community
Council appointed new members to the City Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Dan’s Plan to Close Meat Processors will put Food Security at Risk
Coronavirus outbreaks at meatworks under control is threatening the supply of food to supermarket shelves.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Reclaim Victoria’s Title of the Foodie State
There is a much-needed boost to the hospitality industry and make it cheaper for Victorians to eat out.
- Preserving Morwell’s Local History
Community groups across Victoria are being recognised for preserving, recording and sharing their community’s local history.
- Multicultural Media Boost to Reach More Victorians
Gippsland FM Community Radio Society Co-operative Ltd will receive $6300.00 to target the station's expanding podcasts menu.
- Changes to Facilities and Services
Closing community facilities is a difficult but necessary step.
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Launch of New look 2020 International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
Launch of International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
- Labor Must Lift Workforce Limits or Risk Stealing Christmas
Food supply chain will crumble unless workforce restrictions are lifted before the Christmas period.
- Liberal Nationals Slam Union War against Agriculture Seasonal Workforce
Food security jeopardized at a time of crisis.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Youth Council Spreads Health Message
Good Food for Mental Health project was identified to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for the Latrobe City population.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants