Gippsland › Latest news › Baw Baw Local News
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 August 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting summary, held on 24 August 2022.
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 24 August council meeting.
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot held on Wednesday, 24 August 2022
Parking on Albert Street, Warragul, council received and noted the petition signed by a total of 16 signatories. Council moved to report on this matter no later than four council meetings time and will advise the lead petitioner of the council meeting date that the Officer response will be presented.
Strategy and performance
Community Satisfaction Survey Results - Council noted the results of the Community Satisfaction Survey 2022, and moved to publish the results on the council website.
Governance and information services
For the draft lobbying policy, council moved an alternate motion to:
- Note that councillors are aware of their obligations under the councillor Code of Conduct 2021 and the transparency of decision making
- Note that any recommendations arising from Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission's (IBAC) Operation Sandon are not yet public and that the draft policy may need to be redrafted following the public release of the Operation Sandon report
- Revisit any policy regarding developer and councillor interaction after the public release of the IBAC Operation Sandon report
Audit committee membership
Council received and noted the Assembly of councillors records tabled for the period from Friday 22 July to Friday 5 August 2022.
Committee and delegates reports
- Councillor Tauru spoke about the recent Healthy in Baw Baw Advisory Committee Meeting
- Councillor Wallace spoke about the recent SEATS meeting he attended
- Councillor Cook mentioned the recent Municipal Emergency Management Committee Meeting he attended
- Councillor Leaney spoke about the recent One Gippsland meeting to determine regional advocacy priorities, and expressed disappointment that the committee did not include a new West Gippsland Regional Hospital
General Business Motion - Exhibition Hall, Warragul
Councillor Goss requested a report on the future of Exhibition Hall, Warragul, considering the current usage of the building, ongoing costs and any capital works that may be required, and options for the future.
General Business Motion - Reaffirming Council as a Signatory to the VLGA Women's Charter
Councillor McCabe submitted a General Business Motion reaffirming council as a signatory to the Victorian Local Government Women's Charter and appointing Councillor Tauru as Charter Champion and Manager Connected Communities Dean Sutton as council Officer Champion.
General Business Motion - State Government Cost Shifting
Councillor Goss requested a report outlining costs incurred by council in relation to insurances, maintenance and capital works for roads, reserves and facilities on State Government managed or owned land. Baw Baw Shire Council have reopened council meetings to members of the public. Bookings are encouraged. Please visit Baw Baw Shire Council meetings web page to book.
All council meetings will be live-streamed, and archived recordings will be available on the council website for viewing. The agenda for the next meeting will be available online the Friday prior to the meeting.
Pictures from Baw Baw Shire Council website.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest NewsNew registration process and and fee structure for short stay accommodation in Bass Coast Shire
Free Rapid Antigen Tests priority for high-risk community members from South Gippsland Council
Help for Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists to boost psychiatry workforce pledged for election by Victorian Liberal and Nationals
Nathan Hersey elected as Mayor and Clare Williams as Deputy Mayor for 2023 term at South Gippsland Shire Council
No boating activity allowed at Lake Glenmaggiee unless exempted by Southern Rural Water
Range of activities for Activism campaign in Latrobe City from 25 November to 10 December 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot 23 November 2022
Kyra Collins named Young Planner of the Year at Planning Institute of Australia Awards 2022 as East Gippsland Shire Council Planning Officer
Make it easier for older Australian to earn more will make a huge difference to lifestyle and opportunities
Baw Baw Shire Council worked with Storytowns to develop audio tour podcast to help visitors explore local attractions