Gippsland › Latest news › Bass Coast Local News
Come to Cowes Cultural and Community Centre community drop-in information session
Information session for the community with regards of the cultural centre redevelopment.
Bass Coast Shire Council is holding a community drop-in information session on the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre. It will be held on Wednesday, 21 July from 5.00pm to 7.00pm at the Cowes Library.
Cowes Cultural and Community Centre - Concept Plans presentation by Jackson Clements Burrows
Opportunity to know more
Bass Coast Shire Mayor, Cr Brett Tessari said the session was a good opportunity for people to ask questions and find out more about the latest concept designs for the Centre.
"This project is really important for the Phillip Island community and so we encourage them to come along to this session and ask any questions that they might have," Cr Tessari said.
Bringing the community together
The redevelopment of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre involves replacing the existing Centre, to create a dynamic and interactive place that is a source of community pride. Cr Tessari said that once built, the Centre will bring together the cultural and social aspirations of the community and will draw in visitors to showcase the history and culture of the region.
"This is a magnificent, intergenerational project, that will provide an incredible facility for a huge range community activities and events for may years to come," Cr Tessari concluded.
For more information on the cultural centre project, contact council on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or visit Cowes cultural and community centre.
Pictures from Bass Coast Shire web page.
Published by: email@example.com
- Cowes Cultural and Community Centre gets $5M federal funding from Building Better Regions Program
Federal Government's Building Better Regions Program, for the construction of the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre.
- Building of Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park has started
Construction on two of Bass Coast Shire Council's major projects has now officially started, the Cowes Cultural and Community Centre and Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- Cowes Culture and Community Centre construction tender up to be considered by Bass Coast Shire Council on 20 Oct 2021
Council project that valued the community's feedback and would create jobs for the local community.
- Come sing with Latrobe Valley Community Choir and our new music director Dr Kevin Cameron
We are excited to be returning to in person rehearsals on Tuesday nights, with our new Music Director Dr Kevin Cameron
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- Community feedback wanted for Baw Baw Shire Council to develop vision for Yarragon in the future
Community is invited to input ideas to help develop the Yarragon Township Plan and Urban Design Framework.
- Community members needed to join workgroup for $30M Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
Community members are being sought out by the council and are needed to help guide design and delivery of a landmark precinct.
- Community Assistance Grants of $2,001 to $5,000 now available in Wellington Shire Council
Community groups looking for funding help can apply now for the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants.
- Community feedback on 2022-23 budget submissions for Latrobe City Council closes soon
Community members are encouraged to have their say on Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Draft Budget before submissions close on Tuesday 3 May.
- Community feedback sought on future industrial land use in Baw Baw Shire
All interested community members are encouraged to attend a community drop-in session to raise any questions and learn more about the project before providing feedback.
- Community invited to online briefing on Warragul and Drouin preferred neighbourhood character design guidelines
Online open community briefing will be held by the council to present councillors and the community with the draft design guidelines that are proposed to define overall township character and inform planning for future developments.
- Community consultation starts for $2M Mallacoota streetscape upgrade
Community consultation to upgrade the Mallacoota streetscape.
- Community consultation extended for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Extension community consultation period for the proposed road and drainage improvement program for Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- Community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct wanted from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council seeking community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct, the opportunity is now open for four weeks, closing on Thursday 26 May 2022.
- Community feedback is being sought by the council on pedestrian and cyclist safety in CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community input about pedestrian and cyclist safety concerns on roads within the CBD areas of Warragul and Drouin.
- Community invites to attend updates on major priorities for Victorian and federal government to support in Baw Baw Shire
All members of the Baw Baw Shire community are invited to attend or tune in to an open briefing on Wednesday 11 May which will provide an update on council's ongoing advocacy initiatives.
- Community feedback wanted on draft of Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 Annual Budget
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community submissions in response to the recently published draft Annual Budget 2022/23, Long Term Infrastructure Plan, Council Plan Annual Review, Revenue and Rating Plan, and Long Term Financial Plan.
- Community invited to attend forum on retaining wall requirements for Baw Baw Shire
Council is set to host a community forum to provide key stakeholders and the wider community with a better understanding of retaining wall requirements across the Shire.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Community feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council Environmental Sustainability Strategy
Council is seeking valuable community input to guide the development of a new environmental sustainability strategy for Baw Baw Shire.
- Community consultation opens on 4 April 2022 on Baw Baw Shire Council draft asset plan
Council encouraging the community to get involved and send their feedback on the draft Asset Plan the plan.
- Community and business input on draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025 sought by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council is currently seeking community and business input on the draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategy 2022-2025.
- Community feedback wanted for redesign three local playgrounds in Longwarry and Warragul
Council is seeking community feedback to redesign local playgrounds.
- Community feedback wanted on draft Maffra structure plan in Wellington Shire
Council is seeking community feedback for the Maffra structure plan.
- Community feedback wanted on long-term strategic vision for Longwarry in Baw Baw Shire
Baw Baw Shire Council is seeking community feedback on a plan that will guide the future growth of Longwarry.
- Community sponsorship program for Baw Baw opening in July
Sponsorship and grants for community organisations to assist for the community development.
- Community feedback on proposed changes to governance rules for Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is looking for community feedback on proposed changes to its Governance Rules.
- Community feedback wanted on local caravan and camping needs by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking feedback from the community on the caravan and camping options that are available across the region.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Community invited to help with recovery committees at Devon North Public Hall on 4 April 2022
In response to severe weather events in June and October last year, Wellington Shire Council is inviting people to form community-led recovery committees in impacted areas of the municipality.
- Community feedback wanted on old Mallacoota Kindergarten building being demolished by Wellington Shire Council
With the new kindergarten in Mallacoota now operational, the time has come to decommission and demolish the old building it replaced.
- Sarsfield community ecstatic after Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce funds new community hall, playground and other infrastructure from Community Development Grants Program
The East Gippsland community of Sarsfield celebrates the announcement of receiving funds under the Community Development Grants Program to construct new infrastructures.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Community feedback wanted on draft 2022/23 budget for Bass Coast Shire Council seeks
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to release its Draft 2022/23 Budget for community consultation.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Community feedback wanted on Communications and Engagement Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is reviewing its Communications and Engagement Strategy and wants to hear from the community.
- Community feedback wanted for Warragul and Drouin residential design guidelines that will shape the future look of these towns
All residents are invited to help shape guidelines that will define the overall township character for future developments in Drouin and Warragul.
- Community feedback wanted on Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates drainage works by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to investigate a potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Community survey on the Great Southern Rail Trail - visitation and marketing plan
Have your say through the survey to help guide the council through the development of the Great Southern Rail Trail.
- Community to feedback wanted on Urban Forest Strategy for Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire Council is developing an Urban Forest Strategy, to help ensure Bass Coast's 'urban forest' continues to thrive.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Glengarry community invited to discuss updates to flood overlays and drainage on 17 March 2022
In response to community interest, Latrobe City Council will hold a community open house session this week to discuss the proposed planning scheme Amendment C131.
- Latrobe City Council encourages community to connect through culture and recognise Cultural Diversity Week
Latrobe City Council is encouraging the community to connect through culture this week to recognise Cultural Diversity Week.
- Sarsfield community shocked over being ruled ineligible for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
Heavily bushfire impacted community had its application for recovery funding under the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program denied without even being assessed.
- Labertouche Community Hall gets lovingly restored through the Latrobe Valley Authority,s Community and Facility Fund
Labertouche Community Hall has been lovingly restored with a new roof, ceiling and floor, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- SEED Lakeside Community Garden creator Shae Wilson gets $59,500 federal grant to support social and emotional health
SEED Lakeside Community Garden in Sale will benefit from funding from the Federal Government.
- 2021/22 Community Sponsorship Program applications open from Baw Baw Shire Council
Round 2 of Baw Baw Shire Council's 2021/22 Community Sponsorship program is now open for applications.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Proposed community hub for Glenview Park in Traralgon supported by Darren Chester
Gippsland MP Darren Chester is supporting Latrobe City Council's proposal to establish a community hub and purpose built facility for local groups at Glenview Park in Traralgon.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Local community shapes future plans for vacant land at Rollo Street in Yarragon
Council adopted the Rollo Street, Yarragon Masterplan, a planning document that will guide the future development of a vibrant, new community space.
- Sarsfield community victims of Black Summer bushfires warn people affected NSW and Queensland recent floods of long journey to recovery
Ineffective response to major flood events may lead to public discontent or loss of trust in the authorities or the state and national governments.
- Feedback wanted on community vision, draft council plan and draft long term financial plan from Baw Baw Shire Council
Residents of the community is encouraged to join the community engagement and send their feedback to council's vision for the Baw Baw's future.
- Baw Baw community has their questions answered by Mayor Danny Goss over live online Q&A
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire, Councillor Danny Goss hosted a live Facebook Q&A on Tuesday evening to cover all the hot topics our community cares about.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Strengthening community safety in Moe with 35 new CCTV in CBD
Community members and businesses welcomed the installation of 35 new CCTV cameras in the Moe CBD Precinct.
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- Heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield gets legal advice on eligibility for Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program
The heavily bushfire impacted community of Sarsfield has received legal advice about its eligibility for the Black Summer Bushfire Recovery grants program.
- Victorian businesses and community organisations can apply for $2,000 grants from COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government is helping businesses and the community breathe new life into local neighbourhoods as vaccination progressively delivers greater freedoms across the state from Friday.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- Applications open for Community Cricket Program for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5M funding
Applications are open for the next round of the Community Cricket Program that will provide opportunities for grass root cricket clubs to share in $13.5 million to develop and upgrade cricket facilities across Victoria.
- Applications open for community groups to plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire
Funding is now available to help community groups plan Australia Day events and activities in Wellington Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw and Latrobe City community organisations share over $1.3 million funding from Shade Grants program
Ensuring the community from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Marlo Angling Club community hall to be upgraded with $336,000 funding from Local Economic Recovery Program
Upgrading the angling club hall for long-term benefit for the community.
- New Mallacoota Community Clubrooms a focal point for township
The new Mallacoota Community Clubrooms were officially opened on Sunday 11 July, providing a purpose-built facility and focal point for the community.
- Come see annual show-stopping display at Garden of Broughton Hall in Jindivick
Come and visit the garden and its annual show at Broughton Hall.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium expansion gets $1.25M early works underway from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus
An early works contract valued at $1.25 million has been awarded for the Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion to prepare the site for major construction.
- Applications open for community grants of up to $10,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Announcement of application dates for the community development grants program.
- Baw Baw Shire Mayor Cr Leaney to host community forum about traffic on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm
Mayor of Baw Baw Shire Michael Leaney will host a live community forum on council's Facebook page on Wednesday 6 April at 7:00pm to discuss council's advocacy efforts to improve the congestion on Warragul and Drouin ageing arterial road network.
- Online climate change community portal launched by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council's online climate change community portal has launched, providing locally relevant climate change information to the community.
- More than $110,000 funding goes to community groups via Community Assistance Grants program from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council this week approved more than $110,000 in funding to local community groups for events, projects and facilities, through its Community Assistance Grants program.
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Applications open for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for environment-related projects
From Tuesday 19 April, community groups and non-profit organisations will be able to apply for Baw Baw Shire Council Community Development Grant support of up to $5,000 for equipment or environment-related projects.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Proud. That's the best way to describe the Tambo Crossing community at the official opening of their new multi-purpose facility last Friday afternoon.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Free film on big screen at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre for Social Inclusion Week
Bass Coast Shire Council has partnered with Gippsland Disability Advocacy (GDA) to celebrate Social Inclusion Week and International Day of People with Disability.
- Why come visit the charming town of Yarragon and its surrounds
Dreamy countryside vibes belize Yarragon's proximity to the Big Smoke, find out the best way to experience a few days in this charming village.
- Turning projects and ideas through the Community Collaboration Program in Wellington Shire
Community is encouraged to share their ideas for community events, activities and projects.
- Demolishing of Latrobe City Visitor Information Centre building decision triggers community meeting
Council attended a meeting organised and led by the community to discuss the future of the Latrobe Visitor Information Centre building, the former Methodist Church.
- Moe Apex Park gets $60,000 lighting upgrades from Victorian Community Safety Infrastructure grant to improve surveillance and visibility
Families and community members can now feel safer while enjoying Moe's community parks, thanks to new lighting funded through the Andrews Labor Government's Community Crime Prevention Program.
- Cowes to Rhyll boardwalk gets $416,000 for upgrade from Victorian government regional funding
Bass Coast Shire Council has welcomed new State Government funding towards its tracks and trails network, bringing benefits to the Bass Coast community.
- Funding of $143,836 award to 34 community development grants in Baw Baw Shire
Acknowledging the valuable contributions made by community groups in the shire through the Community Development Grant.
- Local artists wanted to apply for public mural for community or township with grant of $20,000 from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council is seeking expressions of interest from local artists and creative community members keen to deliver a public art mural project for a community or township within Baw Baw Shire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council comes for pop-up session at Labertouche in September
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 7 October for a Council Pop-up session, all residents are invited to come along and speak to their Councillors and senior Council team members about the issues that matter to them.
- Upcoming Warragul and Drouin design guidelines community consultation sessions to be moved online
Council seeking the community's feedback for the Warragul and Drouin design guidelines.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- More axed jobs to come in agriculture research and development leaving Victorian farmers less productive and sustainable
Victorian farmers face less service delivery after the Agriculture Minister refused to guarantee today the Labor government won't make more job cuts at Agriculture Victoria.
- Latrobe City Council announces community representatives for safety committee
Council announcing the representative of the new community safety committee.
- Celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community at Volunteer recognition events hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community.
- Baw Baw Shire Council doing good job as 2021 community satisfaction survey shows improvement
Community satisfaction survey results have been released and can now be viewed.
- Cowes foreshore gets new groynes to improve coastal protection from Bass Coast Shire Council
Eight new timber groynes are now in place to protect the Cowes East foreshore from erosion.
- Free composting workshop at Seed Community Garden in Sale on 30 April 2022
A free composting workshop will be held at Seed Community Garden in Sale on Saturday 30 April.
- Cowes in Phillip Island to get two new footpaths built
Bass Coast Shire Council will construct two new footpaths in Cowes, starting this August.
- Feedback on Local Law review from community from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling on the community to provide their feedback on the Draft Local Law No. 1 Neighbourhood Amenity 2022.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- Official opening of Mallacoota community clubrooms by Darren Chester
Sport and recreational facility upgrade that will serve the community for years that also supports and boosts the community and the economy.
- Cowes boat ramp facility eastern car park to be upgraded
Bass Coast Shire Council is finalising plans for an upgrade of the eastern car park at the Cowes boat ramp facility.
- Sarsfield and Ensay get $5.9M funding for additional community projects from the Black Summer bushfires program
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester says two additional community projects worth $5.9 million will receive funding to support the ongoing recovery from the Black Summer bushfires.
- Tender awarded to Langden Constructions for community facility in Bellbird Park at Drouin
Works on a vibrant multi-use community facility at Drouin's Bellbird Park have achieved a key milestone with the tender awarded to Langden Constructions Pty Ltd and construction scheduled to begin.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- Croxon Ramsay architects appointed to design $30M community facility for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A tender to develop detailed designs for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct has been awarded by Council signalling another key step forward with the landmark project.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for November 2021
St Mary's Parish Centre in Bairnsdale was beaming with smiles today as 11 East Gippslanders officially became Australian citizens.
- Applications open for $2,500 to $20,000 grants so local organisations and community groups can join Queen's Jubilee tree planting program
Local organisations and community groups can apply to be a part of the Planting Trees for the Queen's Jubilee program.
- A new skate park for Rawson community in Baw Baw Shire
Rawson locals have come together to celebrate the official opening of their new skate park, backed by funding from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations awarded funding from Community Infrastructure Grant Program from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Darren Chester writes to Minister Bridget McKenzie after Sarsfield community shockingly misses out on bushfire recovery funding
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has urged the government to intervene immediately and fix a "farcical situation" which has seen community-led bushfire recovery projects excluded from consideration for recovery grants.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital to host Mind Australia pop-up community mental health service and cater to Gippsland
Additional funding to support the mental health workforce for better and more accessible services as the Latrobe Regional Hospital to host one of the pop-up community mental health services.
- Free event for International Women's Day at Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre on 8 March 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council is hosting a free event for International Women's Day on Tuesday, 8 March at the Wonthaggi Union Community Arts Centre.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Baw Baw Shire Council grants over $140,000 to 34 community groups from 2021/22 grants
Council is set to deliver more than $143,836 in Community Development Grants to 34 non-profit organisations and associations to support the delivery of projects that make a positive impact for the Baw Baw community.
- New cancer treatment centre for West Gippsland Hospital coming as health group gets $4.5M funding from federal coalition government for build
A new cancer treatment centre to be built at West Gippsland Health Group will change lives and improve regional health outcomes thanks to funding from the Federal Coalition Government.
- Applications open for Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations grants from Bass Coast Shire Council
Applications are now open for up to $1,000 for Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Building Disability Inclusive Businesses and Community Organisations Grant.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre officially opened by Minister for Regional Development Mary-Anne Thomas as centerpiece of the $42M Latrobe Creative Precinct
The much-anticipated Gippsland Performing Arts Centre has opened its doors to the public, with the state-of-the-art space to become a drawcard for locals and visitors bringing top acts to the region.
- Wonthaggi Civic Centre lits up for International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia on 17 May 2022
The Wonthaggi Civic Centre will be lit up tonight (Tuesday, 17 May) to acknowledge and support International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia, Interphobia and Transphobia (IDAHOBIT).
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- Mirboo North Pool reopens with updated facilities from $3.6M low interest loan from Community Sports Infrastructure Loans Victorian government scheme
Mirboo North's updated pool facilities are open in time for summer fun, thanks to a community sports loan from the Victorian Government.
- Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren get $60,000 each for community projects from Baw Baw Shire Council
Excitement is mounting in Tetoora Road, Nilma North and Tanjil Bren after community-led projects received Baw Baw Shire Council endorsement at Wednesday night's meeting.
- Bass Coast Yoga Festival at Inverloch Community Hub on 7 - 8 May 2022
Yoga festival that combines a unique mix of Yoga and wellness in the seaside hamlet of Inverloch, a weekend of rejuvenation & reconnection comes to Inverloch.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Baw Baw Shire residents to get phone call for annual community satisfaction survey
Baw Baw community satisfaction survey invitation via phone call to assess the performance of the council.
- Please don't hang up when the Latrobe City Council Community Satisfaction Survey calls
Latrobe City Council residents may soon receive a phone call inviting them to participate in the Victorian Government's annual Community Satisfaction Survey, undertaken by National Field Services.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt to glow purple for victims of domestic and family violence
The West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt will be lit up purple this Wednesday 4 May in memory of the lives of women and children lost to domestic and family violence.
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay Project concept plans need community feedback from Bass Coast residents
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue its development of concept plans for the potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Innovation centre boosts the Latrobe Valley economy
Innovation centre that helps in boosting the creation of jobs and the region's economy, supporting the development that is beneficial to the valley.
- Latrobe City Council calls government to back recovery of Traralgon Showgrounds community groups from 2021 storm and flood event
Calling on the State and Federal Governments to back a plan to help community groups based at Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Gippsland Cancer Care Centre to get new Linear Accelerator as part of $11M funding package from the Victorian 2022/23 budget
Regional cancer patients will have access to brand new radiotherapy services closer to home, thanks to a massive funding boost in the Victorian Budget 2022/23.
- Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale receives $2M facility upgrade from federal government
The Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale will receive a $2 million boost if the federal coalition government is returned on Saturday.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Gippsland performing arts centre in Traralgon officially opens
Opening Night of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre, community gathers to breathe life into our new creative precinct.
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre with $650,000 construction grant from Wellington Shire Council
Construction is underway on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre, a new space for events and learning programs with a focus on sustainability and culture.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- Youth Prevention and Recovery Care Centre (YPARC) at Parkville opened but not being used due to workforce shortages
Under-staffed mental health services can't provide the care and preventative support Victorian kids so desperately need.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Everyone to enjoy Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre in Traralgon regardless of ability or language with introduction of Access Key
Latrobe City Council delivers Access Key to customise accessibility to Gippsland Aquatic Centre (GRAC) in Traralgon
- New oval lighting for Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will install new oval lighting at the Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves over coming months.
- Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
Works on Cowes East Foreshore will begin on 1 February and be completed by the end of July, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Forest Park in Orbost gets $1.82M funding upgrade after the community consultation
Council seeking for community feedback on Forest Park in Orbost project.
- Em Rusciano performs at West Gippsland Arts Centre for International Women's Day in March 2022
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women while calling for gender equity and an end to gender-based discrimination and violence.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre program ready for March 2022 opening
The stage is almost set for world-class shows and entertainment as construction of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre (GPAC) nears completion ready for the March 2022 opening.
- Russell Northe calls for funding for Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium to become football centre of excellence
Call for government funding to utilise the sports entertainment centre and give good potential to help make Gippsland to become the football heartland.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Dan Andrews officially opened Morwell Trade Skills Centre (MTSC) as part of a $35.5M rejuvenation of TAFE Gippsland
The Andrews Labor Government is giving more Gippsland job seekers access to world-class trades training with the opening of a new multimillion dollar Morwell Trade Skills Centre at TAFE Gippsland.
- Neerim District Health Service Aged Care Facility gets $5M funding for upgrade from federal Community Development Grants Program
Morrison government's commitment to redevelopment and upgrade of the Neerim District Health Service Aged Care facility.
- Two representatives for Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee in Wellington Shire
Wellington Shire Council is seeking two people to represent the community on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre Advisory Committee.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Fit outs continue on Gippsland Performing Arts Centre with completion expected by end of 2021
Works to complete the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre exterior and the interior fit out are continuing.
- McNairn Road pedestrian crossing upgrade gets $900,000 funding through Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
The McNairn Road pedestrian crossing will be upgraded thanks to federal government funding.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Fit out underway for Gippsland Performing Arts Centre as part of $18.5 million upgrade
Improving Gippsland Performing Arts Centre that is designed for better experience that can also serve as asset to the region.
- Will outreach services be offered by new mental health centres being established in Bairnsdale and Orbost?
More details and information being sought on the health and well being that are to be established.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Sale RSL receives $120,000 improvement grant from federal government under Veteran and Community Grants program
The home of Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale is about to receive a new roof thanks to a $120,000 Federal Government grant.
- Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
The development in the town centre represents a new era for Paynesville, providing additional commercial floor space and apartment living that will bring new activity and vitality to the town.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Freedom of Information shows Andrews Labor government native timber ban will cost thousands of Victorian timber jobs by 2030
Freedom of Information (FOI) documents have today exposed the secret 18-month campaign by State Labor to axe thousands of Victorian jobs in the timber industry.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Bridges at Shearwater Estate in Cowes to be upgraded
The decking and handrails of two bridges within Shearwater Estate in Cowes will be replaced in coming months.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- Feedback wanted on replacement of Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park in Drouin with new expansive multi-use community facility
Council is seeking community input to identify potential future uses for Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park, Drouin as they determine the feasibility of its retention and the costs associated with its refurbishment.
- Bairnsdale residents getting improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services
Bairnsdale residents will have improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services when the Services Australia Service Centre in Bairnsdale undergoes an upgrade.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- Andrews Labor Government provides more support service for LGBTIQ+ community in Morwell
The Andrews Labor Government is providing more support to LGBTIQ+ Victorians and their family in the Latrobe Valleywith new free counselling at Anglicare Victoria.
- Farming for Success 2022 conference at Laurels Function Centre at the Sale Turf Club on 8 March 2022
Diverse stories of innovation and growth in the agriculture industry were detailed at the Farming for Success 2022 conference hosted by Wellington Shire Council this week.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- Better free parking management coming to Cowes and Wonthaggi
A better way to manage free parking in Cowes and Wonthaggi is on the way.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Third batch has $136,000 grants from Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism program to deliver support to creative and cultural sector
Morrison government's funding support for the creative and cultural sector through Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- Relief for storm affected and areas of power outage in Wellington Shire
The Wellington community has come together to provide assistance in various ways to help other community members.
- Seniors invited to SOS - ABBA Tribute Concert at Bairnsdale Sporting and Convention Centre on 18 March 2022
Free concert to give the seniors opportunity to come together and enjoy the music of ABBA.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 24 November 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 24 November Council meeting.
- Roadside and Footpath Trading policy from Baw Baw Shire Council balances business benefit and community safety
Council adopted a roadside and footpath trading policy for traders.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 9 March 2022
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 9 March council meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 28 July 2021
To keep our community up to date with key Council decisions, outcomes and plans, here is a snapshot summary from Council's Wednesday 28 July ordinary meeting.
- Baw Baw Shire Council meeting snapshot - 27 October 2021
To keep our community up to date with key council decisions, outcomes and plans; here is a snapshot summary from council's Wednesday 27 October meeting.
- Drainage renewal works for Settlement Road in Cowes commences
Construction of new underground stormwater drainage pipes/pits and modification of existing drainage infrastructure works which will be carried through uni-directional boring within the drainage easement.
- Baw Baw Shire Council is popping up in Noojee
Council pop-up to come to Noojee, the community will have the opportunity to talk to the councillors to discuss and ask questions.
- Trafalgar multi-use pavilion and synthetic bowling rink official opens 5 March 2022
Trafalgar sporting clubs and community members have come together to celebrate the official opening of two major upgrades to the town's sporting infrastructure.
- Construction on new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes has started
Bass Coast Shire Council has begun construction on a new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes.
- Local artists featured in the Australian Wood Design Exhibition at the Orbost Exhibition Centre 26 March - June 19
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester officially opened the Australian Wood Design Exhibition which is at the Orbost Exhibition Centre until June 19.
- Federal 'Building Better Regions Fund' invests $9.9M in Leongatha, Korumburra, Toora, Koo Wee Rup, Cowes and Woolamai Beach
Project funding that would create jobs for locals and will support the economic and social recovery of the region.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Baw Baw Shire Council pop-up session is coming to Labertouche 18 November 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council is heading to Labertouche on Thursday 18 November for a Council Pop-up session.
- Grants and sponsorships from $2,000 to $20,000 available for events, capital works, equipment and wellbeing projects
Community organisations will have the chance to garner funding support when round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grant and Sponsorship program opens on 31 January.
- Baw Baw Council adopts planning scheme amendment for Drouin CBD
Community feedback sought by the council has helped shape the design and development of Drouin's central business district.
- Message from Russell Broadbent on NAIDOC Week 2021
Community is invited to support and celebrate the history, culture and achievements of the first people.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- Staying safe from COVID Omicron surge in Bass Coast Shire
Information is brought for the community by Bass Coast Health and Bass Coast Shire Council to prepare, manage, and isolate.
- Latrobe City Council adopts a 2021/25 Council Plan and 2022/31 Financial Plan with notes on impact from Yallourn Power Station closure
Community sets course for the future.
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- More than $136,000 award from Wellington Shire Council funding to support for local events and projects
Local community groups will receive funding to host events and develop projects, following the latest round of Wellington Shire Council's Community Assistance Grants awarded this week.
- Federal budget to support Gippsland's recovery with a focus on infrastructure spending and cost of living relief for local families
Darren Chester MP welcomes commitment to continue funding major infrastructure projects in Gippsland for local roads, bridges, community facilities and better telecommunication services
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Baw Baw Civic Precinct initial development gets $3.5M funding from Victorian government Growing Suburbs Fund
A landmark community precinct for the people of Warragul is now a step closer to reality, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- New Men's Shed Workshop at Neerim Junction on digital technology funded $80,000 from Victorian government
Council has entered a community lease with Neerim District Community House and Men's Shed to develop a workshop facility located at the former Neerim Junction Tennis Courts, at 17 Court Rd, Neerim Junction.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- Applications for Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee are open until 18 May 2022
Invitation for the community to send their expression of interest with regards to the Latrobe City Tourism and Major Events Advisory Committee.
- Works in the Indigenous Art Garden at Rotary Park in Warragul is set to show on 16 May 2022
The Rotary Club of Warragul, our Indigenous community and Baw Baw Shire Council are working together to create a new garden of local cultural significance.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- Darren Chester says Latrobe Valley owed explanation from Dan Andrews on failed promise for 500 electric vehicle manufacturing jobs
Latrobe Valley community wants to know why members of the parliament refuse to participate in a local task force.
- Feedback needed from local residents on what is to be done with former Yarragon Primary School site in Yolo Street
Council is seeking community feedback on the Draft Masterplan for the site at 3-5 Rollo Street, Yarragon (formally Yarragon Primary School).
- Over fire prevention notices issued in Wellington Shire to clean up properties during the fire danger period in 2021/22
Council reminding the community and landowners to maintain their surroundings to a fire-safe condition during the fire danger period.
- Big step forward for Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail to create an interactive sound and light 'Gondwana Garden'
A masterplan developed for the community to experience dinosaur discovery, learning and creativity, a journey that links together history, community, culture and environment
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Walk-in COVID-19 testing site now at Moe Senior Citizens Centre
The Moe Senior Citizens Centre will operate as a walk-in COVID-19 testing site from tomorrow (7 September) as case numbers rise across Victoria.
- New 'Erica Country Expo' set to drive local recovery in October
Baw Baw Shire Council has partnered with engaged community members and residents to deliver The Erica Country Expo, a full day, family friendly and community led event set to take over the Erica Recreational Reserve this October.
- Support Baw Baw Shire hospitality and businesses throughout the pandemic with 'Baw Baw Eat and Explore' campaign and website
Government project that encourages community to buy local products as much as they can to help the businesses thrive with the current challenges from the pandemic.
- Feedback needed from Baw Baw Shire residents on how we manage pets and pet owner issues
Council is inviting the community to provide feedback on the draft Domestic Animal Management Plan 2021 - 2025.
- Green light for Australia Day celebrations to go ahead in Latrobe City
Celebrations of culture, community and connectedness will go ahead on Australia Day at venues across Latrobe City.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Wellington Shire Council wants resident feedback on its 2021-25 plan
Invitation to the community to express their concern or idea on the council plan.
- Ellinbank Badminton Club celebrates funded upgrades to clubrooms and kitchen facilities at 75th anniversary
Members of the Ellinbank Badminton Club and local community have gathered to officially unveil upgrades to the clubrooms and kitchen facilities in concert with the club's milestone 75th anniversary celebrations.
Latest NewsBass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Failure to act on critical issues in Triple-0 by Andrews Labor government leaves Victorians mourning for the loss of a loved ones
Victorian Nationals continue to stand with regional Victorians who are committed to action on climate change
Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Labor appoints Labor mate Ben Hubbard as the new Chair and Director of VicForests to put jobs through wood chipper
Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli