• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Let Latrobe Leisure’s New Parent and Baby Class Ease you back into a Fitness Routine
Mums and bubs classes at Leisure
By Portal Admin - 9th September 2018 - Back to News
An innovative fitness class aimed at new parents and their babies is now available at Latrobe Leisure Centres. The program is designed as a low-impact, social connectivity session to help new parents regain strength and lost fitness.
Latrobe City Council’s mayor, Councillor Darrell White, said the classes specifically met the needs of new parents in a relaxed and welcoming environment.
"We know that a new baby in the house can disrupt all your routines – sleep and fitness alike. It can be a tough time, especially that first baby. But we also know that keeping fit and socially connected is important to overall health and wellbeing. These classes have been designed to gently reintroduce an exercise routine that suits the needs of new parents.
"New mothers are affected physically by the stresses of pregnancy and childbirth on the body, and new fathers are affected in different ways, so the classes are open to both parents. They focus on regaining lost fitness but also on building social interactions with other new parents," Cr White said.
"Feedback from our customers has highlighted a gap in provision of classes for new parents. This class also aligns with our objective to enhance accessibility to active living opportunities for all community members and provide further options for those in our community that can find it difficult to re-engage in physical activity.
New mum Kelly Watson has recently signed up for the classes. "There are so many benefits this class offers. Not only is it great for the mind and body, it’s affordable and for me personally it’s not having to rely on others to watch William while I try to get to the gym. It’s so much more than just an exercise class."
Cr White added that at just $5 a session, the classes were affordable.
"The exercise is specifically low impact, non-judgemental and fully inclusive - your baby stays with you throughout. Other siblings are more than welcome and the classes are small in size so as not to feel too crowded," Cr White concluded.
Classes are held in the group fitness rooms at Latrobe Leisure Moe Newborough, Latrobe Leisure Morwell and Latrobe Leisure Churchill. There is a maximum class size of ten parents and ten children. Fathers are welcome to attend.
For more information, go to your local Latrobe Leisure Centre or visit www.latrobe.vic.gov.au/leisure
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- A Letter to the Editor
Labor won't return all boating licence fees back into better boating infrastructure.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer
Latrobe City Council appoints a new Chief Executive Officer.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.