Gippsland › Latest news › Bass Coast Local News
Works underway at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve Soccer Pavilion with $700,000 project under Sport and Recreation Victoria
Bass Coast Shire Council has started work to extend the Soccer Pavilion at the Newhaven Recreation Reserve.
The Reserve caters for Phillip Island Breakers Soccer Club, the Westernport Tennis Club, Phillip Island and District Cricket Club and the Bass Coast Breakers AFLW team. The local primary school, residents and visitors also make good use of the Reserve. The project will involve the partial demolition of the existing pavilion and the construction of new change rooms and toilets to the rear of the existing building.
Council has appointed TS Constructions Pty Ltd to undertake works of Newhaven Soccer Pavilion with the total project costs are in the order of $700,000
What to expect from the upgrade
The new section will include fit for purpose change rooms, showers, toilets and a storage area. In addition, there will be dedicated toilets for spectators, which will also be accessible to the Westernport Tennis Club, local schools and casual hirers of the Reserve. This $700,000 project has been made possible through a $400,000 grant from Sport and Recreation Victoria, with council contributing $300,000. Work is expected to be completed by early July.
This project will include the use of large plants and machinery which might be noisy at times. Council understands that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby residents and users of the Reserve and appreciates their patience. The contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian control measures will be in place during the works.
For more information on this project visit Newhaven - Soccer Pavillion or contact council's Infrastructure Delivery Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures from Bass Coast Shire Council Facebook page.
Published by: email@example.com
- Public toilet works in Palmerston Street, Warragul are underway with $135,000 funding from Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has begun refurbishment works on the public toilets located on Palmerston Street, Warragul.
- Redevelopment underway in Guide Park in Wonthaggi with $700,000 from Sports and Recreation Victoria and $350,000 from the Growing Suburbs Fund
Work is set to get underway on the redevelopment of Guide Park in Wonthaggi, which will see the creation of a regional scale playspace for the community.
- New Turra Pavilion at Trafalgar Recreation Reserve is new home of Trafalgar Victory Football Club and Trafalgar Boxing Club
Trafalgar Recreation Reserve's new Turra Pavilion will be open on early 2022, catering the needs of sporting clubs.
- Works to upgrade the historic Glengarry Mechanics' Institute underway
Works to upgrade the historic Glengarry Mechanics' Institute are finally underway.
- Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve upgraded with $1.92M funding from federal and Victorian government Local Economic Recovery program
Swifts Creek Recreation Reserve will undergo a much-needed upgrade thanks to Federal and State Government funding.
- Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms gets $42,000 for Tesla solar power and batteries from Gippsland Climate Change Network
Installation of energy storage battery at Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms that will help save money on electricity cost and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets $4.2M bushfire recovery funding for improvement and upgrades
The Buchan Recreation Reserve will receive a $4.2 million facelift after an additional $3 million in bushfire recovery funding was secured this week.
- Traralgon Recreation Reserve gets $2.75M for new facilities development as part of Victorian government 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council has welcomed the Victorian government's budget contribution of $2.75 million towards developing new facilities at Traralgon Recreation Reserve (TRR), which is a key component of council's Traralgon Flood Recovery Project.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- New female friendly pavilion at Darnum Recreation Reserve from $500,000 grant Victorian government Local Sports Infrastructure Fund
The netballers at Nilma Darnum Football Netball Club can say goodbye to changing in the back of the car, thanks to the completion of the new game changing female friendly pavilion at the Darnum Recreation Reserve in Darnum.
- Omeo Recreation Reserve become temporary camp site as Omeo Caravan Park gets cleaned up after floods
East Gippsland Shire Council backed the establishment of an interim camping site at the Omeo Recreation Reserve.
- Workshop on how to win government business in Bairnsdale on 20 July 2022
Workshop that will give local business opportunity on how to win work on major government infrastructure and construction projects.
- Hallora Recreation Reserve funded $300,000 for new lights from Victorian government and Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured up to $150,000 in State funding to support the installation of sports light towers and light fittings for the AFL Oval at the Hallora Recreation Reserve.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Buln Buln Recreation Reserve gets $65,000 funding for upgrade from Baw Baw Shire Council Playground Renewal Program
Baw Baw Shire Council is inviting community members big and small to share their thoughts and ideas to help redesign a Buln Buln playground.
- Works in the Indigenous Art Garden at Rotary Park in Warragul is set to show on 16 May 2022
The Rotary Club of Warragul, our Indigenous community and Baw Baw Shire Council are working together to create a new garden of local cultural significance.
- Traralgon South Recreation Reserve upgraded with $340,584 from the Latrobe Valley Authority and $312,202 from Latrobe City Council
After a brief construction adjournment, the courts are back in session at the Traralgon South Recreation Reserve.
- Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium expansion gets $1.25M early works underway from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus
An early works contract valued at $1.25 million has been awarded for the Warragul Leisure Centre Stadium Expansion to prepare the site for major construction.
- LED lights to be installed at Darnum Recreation Reserve with $200,000 funding from Victorian Country Football Netball Program
The AFL Oval and Netball Courts at Darnum Recreation Reserve will soon undergo much needed upgrades with the installation of new light towers and LED light fittings throughout the facility.
- New Men's Shed Workshop at Neerim Junction on digital technology funded $80,000 from Victorian government
Council has entered a community lease with Neerim District Community House and Men's Shed to develop a workshop facility located at the former Neerim Junction Tennis Courts, at 17 Court Rd, Neerim Junction.
- Research underway to strengthen Greater Glider possum population in Latrobe CIty with $50,000 grant from Victorian government
A research project is underway to study and strengthen the population of the Greater Glider possum, the largest gliding mammal in Australia.
- Netballers now play safely at Tyers Recreation Reserve after upgrade with funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Local netballers will enjoy safer court surfaces at Tyers Recreation Reserve with a major upgrade funded by the Federal Government.
- Free camping at Omeo Recreation Reserve until 17 April 2020 as Omeo Caravan Park reopens for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council remains committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- Lakes Entrance town center works to revitalised and safety improved completed in time for summer tourist season
Works to revitalise and improve safety within the Lakes Entrance town centre have been completed as the popular East Gippsland destination prepares to welcome thousands of summer tourists.
- Free work life balance workshop for people who work non-traditional hours to be held in Toora
Gambling free event to go to in your spare time.
- Wellington Shire Council holds workshops for local business local businesses to reset and re-energise with new ideas for 2022
Creating Thriving Small Towns, a free online inspiration session for Wellington businesses.
- Fit out underway for Gippsland Performing Arts Centre as part of $18.5 million upgrade
Improving Gippsland Performing Arts Centre that is designed for better experience that can also serve as asset to the region.
- Drainage renewal works for Settlement Road in Cowes commences
Construction of new underground stormwater drainage pipes/pits and modification of existing drainage infrastructure works which will be carried through uni-directional boring within the drainage easement.
- Harriet Shing announces Longwarry and Thorpdale Recreation Reserves lighting upgrade funded by Baw Baw Council and State government
Local sporting clubs and community groups welcome the official completion of lighting upgrades at the Longwarry and Thorpdale recreation reserves with a ceremonial 'flick of the switch' celebration held at the Longwarry facility on Friday.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Next free work-life balance workshop on11 November 2021 in Korumburra
Shift: The Work Life Balance could be the project for you, with the next event being at Korumburra on 11 November.
- Staying Alive driver expo at Leongatha Recreation Reserve to educate South Gippsland Shire students on road safety
On Thursday 16 June, students from several South Gippsland secondary schools attended the 'Staying Alive' Driver Expo at the Leongatha Recreation Reserve.
- Newhaven jetty in Bass Coast Shire ready to be renewed
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Newhaven jetty on Bass Coast is ready for renewal
Bass Coast Shire Council is getting ready to complete a renewal of the Newhaven Jetty, which has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- New pitch lighting at Thorpdale and Longwarry Recreation Reserves from $250,000 Victorian government funding
The Longwarry Crows and Thorpdale Blues football teams can now play day and night thanks to the completion of the new pitch lighting at Thorpdale and Longwarry Recreation Reserves.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- Survey for Lakes Entrance residents underway to help determine which areas are to be developed ahead of 2022 federal election
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester will be asking Lakes Entrance residents "what's next for our town" in a survey to be distributed ahead of the election on May 21.
- Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are key priorities for Baw Baw Shire Council in 2021/22
Major community infrastructure, road and recreation projects are among Baw Baw Shire Council's key advocacy priorities for the year ahead.
- Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
Works on Cowes East Foreshore will begin on 1 February and be completed by the end of July, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
- New oval lighting for Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves from Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will install new oval lighting at the Inverloch, Dalyston and Cowes recreation reserves over coming months.
- Shift: the work life balance project runs next in Toora on 17 August 2021
Event workshops to engage with people who work non-traditional hours.
- Work on Smiths Beach town plan in Bass Coast Shire to commence and improve resident safety
At its meeting this week, Bass Coast Shire Council adopted the final Smiths Beach Town Plan, to allow implementation of its actions.
- Community feedback wanted on Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates drainage works by Bass Coast Council
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to investigate a potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Work begins on dangerous Bank Street intersection in Traralgon
Work will finally start on upgrading a dangerous intersection in Traralgon after years of lobbying and frustration by local residents.
- Wonthaggi Guide Park redevelopment gets $700,000 from Sports and Recreation Victoria and $350,000 from Growing Suburbs Fund
Work is set to get underway on the redevelopment of Guide Park in Wonthaggi, which will see the creation of a regional scale playspace for the community.
- Work on Omeo Mountain Bike Park starts in East Gippsland
Hopeful for the stage two funding to be announced as works in Omeo Bike park starts on Friday.
- Wellington Shire Council adopts Funding and Procurement of Public Infrastructure Works Policy to develop land for housing and provide employment growth
Wellington Shire Council has adopted a policy which will help unlock much-needed residential land in the main urban centres of the municipality.
- Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay Project concept plans need community feedback from Bass Coast residents
Bass Coast Shire Council will continue its development of concept plans for the potential special charge scheme for road and drainage upgrade works for the Surf Beach and Sunderland Bay estates.
- Bass Coast looks forward to working with the Victorian government to help with 2026 Commonwealth Games
Bass Coast Shire Council welcomed today's 2026 Commonwealth Games hosting announcement and looks forward to working with the State Government on securing popular sports.
- Paynesville Slip Road Maritime Precinct on Burrabogie Island upgrade underway with $6.1M funding from Victorian and federal government grants
Paynesville's much-anticipated Slip Road Maritime Precinct project on Burrabogie Island is progressing, with work on an improved design set to begin.
- Inverloch shared pathway along Surf Parade is underway to complement the existing infrastructure
Bass Coast Shire Council's construction of the next stage of the Inverloch Shared Pathway along Surf Parade is progressing well and is on track to be completed by the end of May.
- Australia Day Awards ceremony at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve on 22 January
East Gippsland's Australia Day Awards ceremony will be held on Saturday 22 January at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve from 10.30am.
- Hawthorn and Box Hill Hawks work collaboratively with Bass Coast Shire Council to increase football participation for women
Hawthorn Football Club and Box Hill Hawks are proud to announce a new partnership with Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Baw Baw creative arts community invited to paint murals for Bellbird Park Recreation Reserve and Drouin Senior Citizens Hall
Members of Baw Baw's creative arts community are invited to submit an expression of interest for the creation and installation of public art pieces that will enhance two community spaces in Drouin.
- Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Latrobe City Council is ready to partner with the new Labor Federal Government following the results of the Federal election over the weekend.
- Andrews Labor Government 'to work from home if possible' causing strain in many businesses within CBD's across Victoria says Russell Northe
Member for Morwell Russell Northe submits questions to parliament for the minister for industry support and recovery.
- Bass Coast Reconciliation Network calls to heal country as part of NAIDOC week 2021
Celebrating NAIDOC week through art, supporting the contribution and talent of the first nation in Bass Coast.
- Baw Baw Shire local roads network improvement gets $11.21M boost in funding for 2022/23 from council
Baw Baw Shire Council's budget investment for local roads improvement.
- Sandhill Road Reserve protects endangered Gippsland Red Gum Grassy Woodland vegetation
A project to restore land at Stratford once used for cattle grazing to a nature reserve, is now ready for the public to enjoy thanks to a collaboration between Wellington Shire Council and Avon Landcare Group.
- Bellbird Park soccer pitch gets $800,000 funding from Victorian government through Local Sports Infrastructure fund
Bellbird Park's main soccer pitch is set for redevelopment thanks to a $800,000 funding boost from the Victorian government's Local Sports Infrastructure Fund.
- Federal government will fund $182 million of road and rail works in Gippsland during 2022-23
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester (pictured) says the Federal Government will fund $182 million worth of road and rail work in the region during the 2022-23 financial year.
- Construction on new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes has started
Bass Coast Shire Council has begun construction on a new croquet pavilion within Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to use unused road reserves for social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to make six unused road reserves available for the development of social housing in Wonthaggi and Cowes.
- Traralgon paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend Beau Vernon speak at community workshops in Morwell from February to April
Traralgon Paralympian Emily Beecroft and local footy legend and motivational speaker Beau Vernon will headline a series of community workshops about sport and inclusivity from February through April.
- Drouin biodiverse bushland reserve to be created by Baw Baw Shire Council from purchase of Roberts Court Bushland Reserve
Baw Baw Shire Council has purchased a 10.53-hectare property in Drouin for the creation of a community bushland reserve.
- Maffra Football Netball Club opens new facilities with shared funding from Sport and Recreation Victoria and Wellington Shire Council
New, modern netball facilities were officially opened today at Maffra Recreation Reserve.
- Wairewa Public Hall and Reserve gets $14,509 funding upgrades from federal Build Drought Resilience program
Two organisations in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Future Drought Fund's Networks to Build Drought Resilience program.
- Latrobe Regional Airport looking to take-off under plan that sets out a long-term framework for development
Council seeking expansion development opportunities for Latrobe Regional Airport that will help them support and grow the aviation operations.
- Latrobe City Council calls to preserve Lake Narracan following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028
Latrobe City Council will make a submission to the State Government calling to preserve Lake Narracan's weir and water levels following the closure of Yallourn Power Station in 2028.
- Lights upgrade for at Bellbird Park in Drouin and soccer pitch at Trafalgar Recreation Reserve
Winter sports have been illuminated in Drouin and Trafalgar thanks to three significant lighting upgrades delivered by Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Footpath renewal and parking bay upgrades of $80,000 in Inverloch under Bass Coast Capital Works Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has several renewal projects about to get underway in Inverloch.
- Blatantly dishonest for Andrews Labor government to claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by 2019-20 bushfires
The State Government's claim it has re-opened every recreation site impacted by the 2019/20 bushfires, is blatantly dishonest, says Nationals Gippsland East MP, Tim Bull.
- Urgent funding needed to better support Victorian suicide prevention framework 2016-2025 to meet its objective required from Andrews Labor government
Victorian suicide prevention framework 2016 - 2025' will not be met including the most important objective and that was to halve the suicide rate in Victoria by 2025.
- Applications to non-residents undertaking fire preparedness now have COVID travel restrictions exemptions
Non-residential owners of properties in the Wellington Shire can now apply for an exemption from Covid-19 travel restrictions for the purposes of undertaking fire prevention works.
- Community members needed to join workgroup for $30M Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
Community members are being sought out by the council and are needed to help guide design and delivery of a landmark precinct.
- Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve at Phillip Island will have public roads discontinued and closed
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to begin the statutory process to discontinue public roads within Phillip Island's Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve.
- Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve (TRRCR) transformed from barren paddock to historic gem in Latrobe City
Over the past 30 years the Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve (TRRCR) has been transformed from a barren grazing paddock forgotten by time into an historic gem of Latrobe City.
- Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve gets bridge upgraded to improve user safety and accessibility
An upgraded bridge at the Traralgon Railway Reservoir Conservation Reserve will improve users safety and accessibility while walking around the lake.
- Additional 2000 qualified professionals for mental health workforce secured by Andrews Labor government backflip
Kids struggling with their mental health will finally get access to extra workers, with the Liberals and Nationals securing reforms today that will unlock 2000 counsellors to work in Victorian schools.
- Latrobe City Council Aged Care and Services to undergo significant changes from July 2022
Council services will undergo significant changes across Latrobe City with council set to transfer the Aged Care and Home and Community Care Program for Younger People services to new providers in July 2022.
- Lakes Entrance Aquadome wins 2022 Small Facility Management Award at Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards
The Lakes Entrance Aquadome came out on top at the recent Aquatic and Recreation Victoria Industry Awards.
- Phillip Island Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve set to return to nature for everyone with removal of roads
The final chapter in the story of returning Phillip Island's Scenic Estate Conservation Reserve to nature for everyone to enjoy is now complete.
- Bass Shire Council investigates road and drainage improvements to Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates
Bass Coast Shire Council is exploring the possibility of implementing a road and drainage improvement program for the Sunderland Bay and Surf Beach estates.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- Baw Baw Shire Council shares in state funding to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system
Victorian councils are being supported to roll out new education campaigns to help residents understand the four-bin recycling system, as part of the Victorian Government's goal to divert 80% of waste from landfill.
- Seaspray Surf Life Saving Club made it Women's Open and Under 19 Beach Flags events in 2022 Australian Lifesaving Championships
Seven Seaspray Surf Life Saving Club athletes have returned home from the 2022 Australian Lifesaving Championships with plenty of results to make themselves and their club proud.
- Lighting up winter sports in Drouin Bellbird Park Oval and Trafalgar Recreation Reserve
Winter sports have been illuminated in Drouin and Trafalgar thanks to three significant lighting upgrades delivered by Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Opening of new multi-use pavilion at Apex Park in Traralgon by Chris Buckingham from Latrobe Valley Authority
It's peak season at one of Latrobe City's most utilised sporting venues following the opening of a new pavilion at Traralgon's Apex Park.
- Darren Chester seeks explanation from Andrews Labor government on Eastern Beach Road works on extraordnary delay
Failure to upgrade a busy intersection in Lakes Entrance is putting residents at risk of serious injuries, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Trafalgar multi-use pavilion and synthetic bowling rink official opens 5 March 2022
Trafalgar sporting clubs and community members have come together to celebrate the official opening of two major upgrades to the town's sporting infrastructure.
- Oval lighting will be upgraded at Cowes, Dalyston and Inverloch recreation reserves
Oval lighting will be upgraded at the Cowes, Dalyston and Inverloch recreation reserves.
- Dan Andrews pandemic bill for Victoria makes no sense when Commonwealth officials working in windowless offices not vaccine mandated
Victorian government looks set to pass its controversial pandemic bill.
- Feedback wanted on replacement of Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park in Drouin with new expansive multi-use community facility
Council is seeking community input to identify potential future uses for Rumble Pavilion at Bellbird Park, Drouin as they determine the feasibility of its retention and the costs associated with its refurbishment.
- Gippsland hospitality businesses will stay shut on Friday from unworkable rules imposed by Andrews Labor government
Ease of restriction given to Victoria is not enough to keep businesses to stay open and recover.
- New facilities construction in progress as part of the $400,000 project at Lakes Entrance Recreation Reserve
Local MP Darren Chester said the new facilities were a part of a $400,000 project at the recreation reserve.
- Regional train commuters stranded across Victoria as V/Line suddenly shuts down across network from storm faults, breakdowns and works
Reports of constant breakdowns and cancellations came as the Labor government pulled investment out of regional trains to put into the city.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues $205,000 renewal of Grantville seawall
Further works will be carried out to renew the seawall at the end of Pier Road in Grantville, as part of Bass Coast Shire Council's Capital Works Program.
- Victorian Remembrance Day attendance under a cloud of doubt
Limiting the Remembrance Day attendees, allowing only the fully vaccinated and at 50 percent capacity.
- Cunninghame Arm community-driven project in Lakes Entrance boardwalk gets $5.8M federal government funding to make it work for all-abilities
Work to construct an all-abilities boardwalk and shared pathway around the shores of Cunninghame Arm in Lakes Entrance will start this year thanks to $5.8 million in federal government funding.
- Sutton Street $1.9M reconstruction in Warragul gets underway
Road reconstruction, widening, and footpath works are underway on Sutton Street, Warragul.
- Liveability and growth reduced in regional Victoria from highly under-serviced by public transport
Extreme gaps on regional Victoria's public transportation shows that the government fails to provide a plan for the recovery of the region, making it hard for the region's industry and producers to even lesser productivity and profit.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Sale RSL receives $120,000 improvement grant from federal government under Veteran and Community Grants program
The home of Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale is about to receive a new roof thanks to a $120,000 Federal Government grant.
- Bass Coast heritage review identifies over 300 potentially significant places to be preserved and protected
Heritage review in Bass Coast Shire resulting to development and protection of places that could have potential heritage significance.
- First advocacy strategy adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council after listening and working with local community
At the 29 June council meeting, council adopted its first Advocacy Strategy and a new Advocacy Priority Project List.
- Rehabilitation of Cape Woolamai foreshore resulting from damage caused unauthorised activities under way
Bass Coast Shire Council is undertaking works to rehabilitate a deliberately damaged section of the Cape Woolamai foreshore.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $100,000 for Buln Buln Cricket Practice Net upgrades through Community Cricket Program 2021-22
Practice nets at Buln Buln Recreation Reserve will soon be upgraded after Baw Baw Shire Council successfully obtained a State Government grant to support the project.
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to pursue enforcement options if any local laws breached by new wind turbine on private property near surf beach
Bass Coast Shire Council is aware of the Wind Turbine installed on private property in Surf Beach in recent days, the council also understands and share the community's concerns about the turbine.
- Kilcunda Skate and Play project gets $250,000 funding from Bass Coast Shire Council and Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council was excited to join Member for Bass Jordan Crugnale MP in Kilcunda today (Monday, 23 May), who announced $250,000 for the town's skate and play project, this is in addition to the $325,000 committed by council.
- Federal government provides $131.8M for local road maintenance in West and Central Gippsland under the Roads to Recovery funding
Local road maintenance in Monash will receive a boost thanks to funding under the Australian government's Roads to Recovery Program.
- No food on the shelves for Victoria if Andrews Labor Government fails fix food supply chain workforce shortages
Industry has warned there'll be "no food on the shelves" if the Andrews Labor Government fails to act to fix workforce shortages that risk bringing Victoria's food supply chain to a grinding halt.
- Bairnsdale Airport gets $340,000 grant for water main upgrade from federal Regional Airports Program and East Gippsland Shire Council
Work is underway at Bairnsdale Airport to replace the site's ageing water mains.
- Progress on new Warragul indoor sports stadium for Baw Baw Shire
Early works are progressing well on site at the Warragul Leisure Centre in preparation for major construction of a new indoor multi-use sports stadium.
- Bass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Life Saving Victoria's (LSV's) 2022 TRE Motorsport inflatable rescue boat (IRB) Premiership Season.
- Bass Coast Shire Council allocates $144,100 in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program
Bass Coast Shire Council has allocated $144,100 to support 45 projects, in Round two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Bass Coast Shire Council calls for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass in response to proposed change to State Electoral boundaries
Bass Coast Shire Council will develop a submission, advocating for Inverloch to remain in the State District of Bass, following a proposal to change State Electoral boundaries.
- Bass Coast competitors return to Life Saving Victoria 2022 Motorsport inflatable rescue boat premiership season
Inflatable rescue boat (IRB) racing competitors from Venus Bay and Inverloch Surf Life Saving Clubs (SLSCs) returned to the Surf Coast on Sunday for Life Saving Victoria's 2022 TRE Motorsport inflatable rescue boat (IRB) Premiership Season.
- Bass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to share that the organisation has received national recognition in the 2022 Australian HR Awards.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues drive for gender equality with equal prize money
Bass Coast Shire to hold sports events that have a prize money to men and women who will win.
- Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Council has announced it will be heading to Canberra next month to lobby the new Federal Government on behalf of our community for fairer funding for priority projects in climate change, infrastructure, education, aged care and tourism.
- Bass Coast Shire Council continues advocating aquatics facilities for Phillip Island and Wonthaggi
Bass Coast Shire Council is seeking an investment of $79.3 million to deliver its two-pool strategy.
- Bass Coast Shire Council launches new online engagement platform called Engage Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is excited to launch its new online engagement platform, 'Engage Bass Coast', on Monday, 28 February.
- Yarram Pool in Wellington Shire re-opens after month-long closure for major works
The Yarram Pool has re-opened to users following a month-long closure for major works to install the new roof structure as part of the Warmer Pool for Yarram project.
- Michael Whelan from Bass Coast Shire council joins Victorian government 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel
Bass Coast Shire Council has again been selected to represent other Victorian Councils on the state government's 2022 Mayoral Advisory Panel.
- Lake Tyers Aboriginal Trust to minimise bushfire risks with $100,000 from federal Risk and Resilience Grants Program
Works to minimise bushfire risks around Lake Tyers will be undertaken thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Bass Coast Shire residents best recyclers in Victoria says sustainability report
Bass Coast Shire residents are the best recyclers in the state, according to a recent Sustainability Victoria report.
- Bass Coast Shire Council gives 41 businesses up to $2000 rebate each to improve shopfronts
Forty-one Bass Coast businesses will receive rebates of up to $2000, to complete vital shopfront improvements.
- Restrictions still apply in Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity burning off guidelines outside of the Fire Danger Period
The CFA's Fire Danger Period has now ended in Bass Coast, however some restrictions still apply to burning off under Bass Coast Shire Council's Local Law - Neighbourhood Amenity 2012.
- Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre on Church Street to be relocated to Blue Gum Reserve on Warley Avenue
Bass Coast Shire Council has resolved to amend the Blue Gum Reserve Master Plan, to incorporate a new community garden.
- Drouin Tennis Club celebrates $353,000 refurbishment of Balmoral Park Pavilion from Baw Baw Shire Council
Members of the Drouin Tennis Club have gathered to celebrate the refurbishment of the Balmoral Park Pavilion following a $353,000 investment from Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Bass Coast Shire Council, Bass Coast Health, Phillip Island Nature Parks and Westernport Water support International Women's Day
International Women's Day, held on 8 March is a global day celebrating the social economic, cultural and political achievements of Women.
- Bass Coast Shire Council sets direction for health, wellbeing and accessibility
The importance of health, wellbeing, access and inclusion in Bass Coast has been recognised by Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Bass Coast Shire Council offers $2000 rebates for local businesses to improve shopfronts and building facades
Rebates for the service providers and local businesses to improve their shop fronts.
- Bass Coast Shire Council supports Sustainability Festival 2021
Sustainability festival support presented by Bass Coast Landcare Network.
- Repairing Morwell River Diversion for Yallourn mine to ensure energy supply agreed on between Energy Australian and Victorian government
Works to repair the damage in the Morwell River Diversion (MRD) near the Yallourn coal mine to secure Victoria's energy supply have been agreed upon between the Victorian Government and Energy Australia.
- Latrobe City major infrastructure and hard waste service expansion gets $40M through 2022/23 capital works program
Investment in major infrastructure and an expansion of hard waste services feature in Latrobe City Council's 2022/23 Budget.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- Regional Victoria motorist and transport operators down continues to drag from Andrews Labor government drastic road funding cuts
Transport operators who have been involved in the industry for decades say road quality is dragging down retention of drivers who don't want to drive a road network that's"rough as guts".
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- Guide Park Redevelopment $1.77 M project in Bass Coast Shire to begin early 2022
Bass Coast Shire Council awarded the tender for the Project at its December meeting.
- Bellbird Park construction funded $4.1M from Baw Baw Shire Council and Victorian Government through Growing Suburbs Fund
The first sod has been turned at Bellbird Park to mark the commencement of works on a vibrant new multi-use pavilion and community events facility.
- Bass Coast Shire Youth Advisory Council update - 25 November 2021
Council hears the young people's voice and supports the youth advisory council in their campaign.
- Project Reference Group appointed to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A project Reference Group (PRG) has been formally appointed by council to help guide design, advocacy and delivery of the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Dinosaur from Bass Coast named as Victoria's official State Fossil Emblem
Proposed dinosaur trail, to give an experience and understanding about the fossil and dinosaurs that once roamed Bass Coast.
- Community led projects funded $590,000 across nearly twenty townships in Baw Baw Shire Council 2022/23 budget
17 community-requested projects across seven townships will be funded in council's new annual budget as a direct result of community submissions made during the budget consultation process.
- Bass Coast Shire offers fee-free green waste disposal for summer 2021/22
Bass Coast Shire Council's annual fee-free green waste disposal period is held to encourage residents and property owners to tidy up in preparation for summer and the fire season.
- Tender awarded to Langden Constructions for community facility in Bellbird Park at Drouin
Works on a vibrant multi-use community facility at Drouin's Bellbird Park have achieved a key milestone with the tender awarded to Langden Constructions Pty Ltd and construction scheduled to begin.
- Replacement pedestrian bridge over the Genoa River is underway
The pedestrian bridge over the Genoa River is starting to take shape.
- Fit outs continue on Gippsland Performing Arts Centre with completion expected by end of 2021
Works to complete the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre exterior and the interior fit out are continuing.
- Bass Coast Council to promote Advocacy Priorities to candidates for Federal Election on Saturday 21 May 2022
Federal election set for Saturday, 21 May, Bass Coast Shire Council will continue to promote its advocacy priorities to all candidates.
- Glengarry Mechanics Institute $250,000 upgrades funded from federal Drought Communities Program completed
Upgrade works for the Glengarry Mechanics' Institute has been completed making the hall more user friendly for community events and celebrations.
- Development of stage two Bairnsdale Skatepark of $460,000 underway
The next stage of the Bairnsdale SkatePark is progressing well according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Draft statement of planning policy submitted by Bass Coast Shire Council for Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Program from Victorian government
Bass Coast Shire Council will lodge a submission with the Department of Environment, Land Water and Planning (DELWP) on the draft Statement of Planning Policy, outlining its concerns.
- Multi-use path connecting Erica and Rawson funded nearly $1M by federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Construction works have begun on a new shared-use trail connecting the towns of Erica and Rawson in Baw Baw Shire's far eastern region.
- Bass Coast Shire Kindergarten first round of registrations for 2022 are now open
Registrations for three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten are now open.
- Bass Coast Shire prepares at Phillip Island for School Leavers Week 2021
The official School Leavers Week runs from 27 November to 4 December.
- Acting Victorian Premier James Merlino MP statement on lessening movement restrictions and staying COVIDSafe
There's still work to do, there's still our state to keep safe and every Victorian needs to help to keep everyone COVIDsafe.
- Turning projects and ideas through the Community Collaboration Program in Wellington Shire
Community is encouraged to share their ideas for community events, activities and projects.
- Venus Bay, Bass Coast Shire and Baw Baw Shire get $275,000 funding to reduce natural disaster risk and build resilience
The Australian government is reducing the risk and minimising the impact to communities of large-scale natural disasters like floods and bushfires in Monash by directly funding three projects to the value of $275,000.
- Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre with $650,000 construction grant from Wellington Shire Council
Construction is underway on the Lake Guyatt Environmental Education Centre, a new space for events and learning programs with a focus on sustainability and culture.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- Feedback wanted on Bass Coast Council Draft Asset Plan to achieve its objective aligning with community vision
Bass Coast Shire Council is calling for community feedback on its Draft Asset Plan that will end on Tuesday, 7 June.
- Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project Environmental Effects Statement (EES) and Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) hearing cost East Gippsland Shire Council $730,688
Total external cost hearing of the fingerboards mineral sands project.
- Victoria needs positive plan to rebuild rural healthcare in regions like Gippsland
Due to the challenges of the pandemic and workforce isolation requirements on our hospitals, suggests making changes to government legislation and funding criteria for better mental health services.
- Bass Coast Community Vision 2041 with plan for 2021-25 and financial plan 2021-31 adopted by Bass Coast Shire Council
Bass Coast Shire Council is pleased to have adopted the Bass Coast Community Vision 2041, the Council Plan 2021-25 and the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-31 at its Meeting on Wednesday.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- Yarragon dog lovers celebrate official opening of of newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve in Baw Baw Shire
Yarragon dog lovers and their four-legged friends have celebrated with Baw Baw Shire Council at the official opening of the Shire's newest premium off-leash dog park at Dowton Park Reserve.
- East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Funding for works on the rail trail from Bairnsdale to Orbost.
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Place making projects for Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road to start development
Council has endorsed the 2021/22 Placemaking Program to benefit the smaller townships of Nilma North, Tanjil Bren and Tetoora Road.
- Victorian National party is committed to spending more in the country as part of coalition government says Tim Bull, East Gippsland MP
Victorians have been denied a fair share of state government funding under Daniel Andrews, on the weekend the Nationals committed to rectifying this, with a commitment to spend 25 percent of all state capital investment in regional areas.
- Visit family friendly Erica Country Expo in Baw Baw Shire on 15 January 2022
The Erica Country Expo, a full day of family friendly fun, is on its way to Erica Recreation Reserve, Saturday 15 January 2022. Visitors and locals are encouraged to book their tickets now to avoid missing out.
- Official opening of Mallacoota community clubrooms by Darren Chester
Sport and recreational facility upgrade that will serve the community for years that also supports and boosts the community and the economy.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Local Bass Coast artists transform fence surrounding Cowes Cultural and Community Centre
An exciting initiative from Bass Coast Shire Council will see 28 artists supported to install 28 artworks.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- Andrews Labor government mismanagement of major projects raises red flags to regional Victoria when hosting 2026 Commonwealth Games
Long-term strategic planning of a 2026 Commonwealth Games will be crucial if regional Victoria is to reap the full benefit of infrastructure upgrades and promotional activities that the event will require.
- Wellington Shire Council wants community's feedback on sport as and community facilities plans
Council is seeking community feedback in shaping the infrastructure plans.
- Bass Coast shop front improvement program delivered rebates to 41 businesses as part of the recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
With the assistance of the rebates, nearly 30 projects have already been completed, such as external signage, painting, minor repairs, accessibility improvements and lighting upgrades.
- Bullock Island upgrade with new facilities for Lakes Entrance Fishermen's Co-Operative underway
Funding to various projects for Bullock Island that would benefit the benefit the locals and visitors.
- Latrobe City Council helps secure $117M funding for local projects from Victorian 2022/23 budget
Latrobe City Council thanks the State Government for their investment in local projects as part of the 2022/23 Budget.
- Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project gets $2.98M support from federal government and Latrobe City Council
Latrobe City Council welcomes the federal government's $2.98 million commitment to the Latrobe Valley Blue Hydrogen project by Zero Degrees Rosella.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Feedback wanted on Baw Baw Shire Council roadside and footpath trading policy
Baw Baw Shire Council is undertaking a review of its Roadside and Footpath Trading Policy.
- Free Baw Baw Esports Cup by Australian Esports League at West Gippsland Arts Centre from 9 - 10 July 2022
Baw Baw Shire Council has teamed up with leading esports provider, the Australian Esports League (AEL) to bring the second edition of the Baw Baw Esports Cup to the region.
- Call on Albanese Labor government to double earnt income amount for pensioners and veterans that choose to work more
The Dutton government would support older Australians, who choose to work more, by doubling the amount of income age pensioners and veteran service pensioners can earn without reducing pension payments.
- Baw Baw Shire Council makes big improvements to town planning to maximise effect of being one of Victoria's fastest growing regions
Baw Baw Shire Council, one of the fastest growing regions of Victoria, is taking proactive steps to align Planning outcomes with the needs and desires of the local community in the face of unprecedented rates of development.
- Bass Coast Rail Trail wooden bridge east of Mouth of Powlett Road in Kilcunda to be renewed
Funding for the improvement of tracks, trails and the construction of the wooden bridge located along theBass Coast Rail Trail.
- Free public transport to revive Melbourne CBD from December to January 2022 says Property Council of Australia
Property Council of Australia joined the call for free public transport to drive the city's revitalisation.
- Neerim South War Memorial restored with support from the Victoria Remembers Grant Program
Baw Baw Shire Council has completed restoration works on the War Memorial in Neerim South.
- Bass Coast Yoga Festival at Inverloch Community Hub on 7 - 8 May 2022
Yoga festival that combines a unique mix of Yoga and wellness in the seaside hamlet of Inverloch, a weekend of rejuvenation & reconnection comes to Inverloch.
- Replacement of Downies Bridge timbers in Traralgon South is nearing completion with help of federal government's Bridges Renewal Program
Work to upgrade Downies Bridge in Traralgon South is well underway.
- Community Grant recipients in Bass Coast Shire celebrate in $151,2000 of grants
Bass Coast Shire Council distributed $151,200 to 44 community groups on Thursday, for Round Two of the 2021 Community Grants Program.
- Round two applications open to join Project Reference Group for Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct
A second round of applications are now open for community members to join a Project Reference Group (PRG) for the proposed Baw Baw Culture and Connection Precinct.
- Maffra's Cameron Sporting Complex $9.5 million redevelopment in Wellington Shire officially opened
After a number of frustrating cancellations due to Covid-19 restrictions, an official opening was finally held today for the Cameron Sporting Complex redevelopment.
- Heavy cuts for regional Victoria in 2022/23 budget due to record debts and costs blowouts from major projects by Andrews Labor government
Regional Victorians are set to cop further cuts to services and find it even harder to buy a home with today's State Budget no more than a PR repair plan for Daniel Andrews.
- York Street Revitalisation project gets $11.68 M federal funding for Wellington Shire
Major upgrade of York Street to entice travelling motorists to stop and explore Sale, as well as improve ride quality and traffic safety, is a step closer to being completed.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Help for local event organisers and businesses from Bass Coast Shire Council thanks to $10,000 grant from LVA
Event activation voucher program, initiated by Bass Coast Shire Council's Economic Development and Investment Team, has been applauded by local events and businesses.
- Bullock Island Bridge in Lakes Entrance closed to pedestrians as replacement starts
Work on the Bullock Island Bridge Replacement Project in Lakes Entrance is now underway.
- Baw Baw Shire Council extends community consultation for Warragul and Drouin design guidelines until 8 December 2021
Council's response to community feedback.
- Chelle Destefano of Wonthaggi gets Federal Regional Arts Fund Project grant strengthen artistic and creative practice
Funding that will provide opportunities for artists and arts workers to cultivate creative community.
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project gets $2.5M federal funding to improve pathway to Gippsland water security
The Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project will receive $2.5 million in federal government funding.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- Failure to deliver roofed accommodation project by Andrews Labor government will results in less visitors at Cape Conran
Despite promising otherwise, it has been revealed the Andrews Labor government will deliver less roofed accommodation at Cape Conran than existed pre-fire.
- Baw Baw Shire Council celebrates Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner and Belinda Watts-Keeley induction to Sporting Walk of Fame
Acknowledging gender equality achievement of men and women through sports.
- Over $400,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in Wellington Shire
Five programs in Gippsland received funding under the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- Local community invited celebrate completion of solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall in Bass Coast
Bass Coast Shire Council is inviting the community to celebrate the completion of the solar energy project at Coronet Bay Community Hall this month.
- Latrobe City Council calls on federal candidates to secure $3.25M to complete in Traralgon Flood Recovery Project
Latrobe City Council is calling on Federal candidates to invest in the Traralgon Flood Recovery Project across Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Glenview Park.
- Libraries Victoria App makes it easier for readers to access thousands of eBooks, eAudiobooks or digital magazines for all ages and interests
A new online catalogue and digital services makes it easier to browse and borrow, from home, work or even on the go, any time of the day or night.
- Murray Street and Biggs Drive intersection upgrade gets $650,000 funding from Blackspot Program 2021/22 and Growing Suburbs Fund
Bass Coast Shire Council is continuing to Unlock Opportunities in Wonthaggi, with significant pedestrian safety upgrade works on the intersection of Murray Street and Biggs Drive about to get underway.
- State government recycling plan to significantly impact Bass Coast Shire Council approach to waste over next ten years
Reforms that are going to significantly impact Bass Coast's approach to waste in the coming years.
- Jam Jerrup drainage upgrades along Foreshore Road
Bass Coast Shire Council will carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup in August.
- Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal makes first determination on payment of councillor allowances for East Gippsland Shire
The Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal has made its first determination on the payment of mayoral, deputy mayoral and councillor allowances.
- Financial support for residents of Bass Coast Shire impacted by June storms and floods
People in Bass Coast hit hard by the storms and floods in June 2021 can now apply for financial support from the Australian Government.
- Biggs Drive crossing upgrade will improve accessibility to Wonthaggi CBD and include pram access
Bass Coast Shire Council is fully funding this $40,000 project, which will get underway from Monday, 7 March and take two weeks to complete.
- Federal funding for Baw Baw Shire to increase protection from extreme weather events like bushfires and floods
Governments have invested in local projects under the Risk and Resilience Grants Program to further protect our communities.
- Hearing concludes for Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project inquiry on why Environmental Effects Statement considered deficient
Hearing conclusion on the environmental effects statement.
- Condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures to be done by Bass Coast Shire Council in October and November 2021
Bass Coast Shire Council to carry out condition assessments on over 400 buildings and structures during October and November.
- Foreshore vandalism in Bass Coast Policy to be combated with new policy
Bass Coast Shire Council endorsed a new policy at its November Council Meeting, to provide a stronger response to illegal vegetation damage.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- Wellington Shire Council extends deadline for Australia Day Awards nominations
Extended the deadline for nominations to recognise local heroes in the 2022 Australia Day Awards until midnight on 7 November.
- Metung Hot Springs upgrades progressing well with funding from private investment and federal Local Economic Recovery Program
Work on the multi-million dollar Metung Hot Springs is progressing well with local MP Darren Chester saying the project will create jobs and transform the East Gippsland visitor economy.
- Over $14M invested into several key infrastructure projects for 2022/23 by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council's $41.78 million infrastructure budget for the year ahead, $14.32 million will be invested in progressing major strategic projects to build a more sustainable, connected and thriving future for Baw Baw Shire.
- Businesses and employees participation wanted in 2022 Business and Industry Survey by Bass Coast Shire Council which is open until Monday 23 May
Bass Coast Shire Council's 2022 Business and Industry Survey is now open. We are calling on our 3,200 businesses, employing almost 11,000 people to participate in the survey.
- Baw Baw Shire Council adopts community vision, council and long term financial plan from extensive community input during 2021
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted the Community Vision, Council Plan and Long Term Financial Plan - three key documents that will guide the future of our region.
- Baw Baw Shire Council raises the Pride flag in support of International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia
Baw Baw Shire Council is proud to celebrate the International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia & Transphobia (IDAHOBIT) and raise the Pride flag in support of inclusivity and diversity.
- Baw Baw Shire Council securing priority infrastructure funding to meet demands of growing population from Russell Broadbent
Baw Baw Shire Council advocacy efforts, securing support needed to meet the growing demands of an exploding population.
- Baw Baw Shire Council secures $824,000 state government funding for road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche
Baw Baw Shire Council has secured $824,000 in State Government funding to carry out major road upgrades to Jacksons Track near Labertouche.
- Darren Chester urges all government levels to fund redevelopment of Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging all levels of government to work together and fund the redevelopment of the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium in Morwell.
- Baw Baw Shire Council continues face-to-face essential services for unvaccinated residents but not discretionary
Baw Baw Shire Council will continue to provide face-to-face access to its Drouin Customer Service Centre for all residents, regardless of vaccination status.
- Big step forward for Bass Coast Dinosaurs Trail to create an interactive sound and light 'Gondwana Garden'
A masterplan developed for the community to experience dinosaur discovery, learning and creativity, a journey that links together history, community, culture and environment
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Baw Baw Shire Council gets $360,000 additional disaster recovery funding to support community long term recovery from 2019 bushfire
Funding provided by the Victorian Government to support bushfire safety and preparedness initiatives in the eastern region of Baw Baw Shire.
- Wellington Shire Council will only allow fully vaccinated people into its buildings post COVID-19 vaccination target
How people interact with Wellington Shire Council services will change in coming days when Victoria meets its 80% Covid-19 vaccination target.
- Baw Baw Shire Council amends local law on issues like open air burning, unsightly properties, weeds, shipping containers and relocatable buildings
Council has adopted the amended Community Local Law 2016.
- Baw Baw Shire Council calls for more storm relief support from state and federal governments
Baw Baw Shire Council has called on the State and Federal Governments to fulfil their promises and provide more support in the aftermath of the June storm events.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
Latest NewsBass Coast Shire Council receives Excellence Award in 2022 Australian HR Awards as public sector employer of choice
Community sponsorship now available for events and ambassadorships in Baw Baw Shire until 8 August 2022
East Gippsland residents encouraged to apply for new $250 Power Saving Bonus from 1 July 2022
July is high-risk month for home-related drownings according to Victorian statistics
Kosciusko and Bank Street intersection in Traralgon to get vital safety upgrade as part of federal government's $300M commitment for 2022
Victorian Liberals and Nationals consider interim report delivered by Yoorrook Justice Commission in regards to advancing the Treaty process
Baw Baw Shire celebrates NAIDOC week with special events from 03 to 10 July 2022
Call on Andrews Labor government to partner better on delivering road infrastructure safety improvements in Gippsland by Darren Chester
Darren Chester pays tribute to Army nurse Vivian Bullwinkel - extraordinary Australian
Development of stage two Bairnsdale Skatepark of $460,000 underway