• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
By Portal Admin - 17th August 2020 - Back to News
More local reserves across Latrobe Valley are set for transformation and improved amenity, thanks to a funding boost totalling $1,046,109 from the Victorian Government's Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing MP today announced that these projects have been funded as part of more than $68 million available within the stimulus program.
These investments recognise the overwhelming demand for shovel-ready community sports infrastructure and are part of the Victorian Government's $2.7 billion Building Works package creating jobs and kick-starting vital projects across the state.
The projects cover:
- Installation of new 100 lux LED sports field lighting at George Bates Reserve in Yallourn North to support Australian Rules football
- Installation of new 200 lux LED court lighting to netball courts at Northern Reserve in Newborough
- Installation of new 100 lux LED sports field lighting to Old Trafford Oval (Traralgon Recreation Reserve) in Traralgon and
- Installation of 100 lux LED sports field lighting to the AFL oval at Ronald Reserve in Morwell.
The projects will provide economic benefit through construction and additional visitor economy, with the increased capacity to host interleague training, programs, events and night games.
Each of these projects will also significantly increase participation and programming benefits for growing local club memberships and bring facilities up the required lighting standard. The scope includes lighting for AFL at 100 lux which meets minimum AFL standard for Amateur Level Club Competition and practice matches.
These investments are about helping grassroots sports communities get back in the game when the time is right.
From sports field lighting upgrades at multiple sites to new indoor sports courts, investments like these provide high-quality and accessible places for Victorians to reap the benefits of sport and active recreation participation.
They also generate jobs in construction and supply chains with benefits for local businesses through the Victorian Government's Local Jobs First requirements which will be built into contracts.
The program is part of the more than $915 million in Victorian Government investment in community sport and recreation infrastructure since 2014.
Ms Shing also acknowledged the Latrobe City Council for their collaboration and financial contribution to the project.
For more information about infrastructure grant opportunities available through the Victorian Government visit www.sport.vic.gov.au
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing MP
"This investment will support the local economy and create jobs - and support the growing number of people across the Valley who are keen to get involved in sport and recreation and who deserve the right facilities to practice, train and compete."
"We're making sport and recreation more accessible, welcoming and inclusive for all Victorians by giving communities more of the facilities they need."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Lighting Upgrades to Benefit Sports Clubs
Four recreation reserves get lighting upgrades.
- Early Works Underway for Car Parks in the Latrobe Valley
Tests underway to determine feasibility of the eight preferred sites in Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bass Coast Welcomes Funding for Public and Community Housing
$25 million for Bass Coast
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- More Testing Facilities Needed in Latrobe
Enhanced testing capacities in the Latrobe Valley urged.
- LV Seniors Missing Out on Travel Benefits Again
Latrobe Valley seniors, disadvantaged by changes to the distribution of travel vouchers for Pensioner Concession Card holders, Victorian Seniors Card holders and Victorian Carer Card holders.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- Northe Renews Calls for Lifeline Gippsland Funding Amid Budget Shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- Mixed Bag Budget for the Valley
Long approved projects in the community sitting idle.
- Multicultural Media Boost to Reach More Victorians
Gippsland FM Community Radio Society Co-operative Ltd will receive $6300.00 to target the station's expanding podcasts menu.