• Add My News • Search Old News
Russel Northe MLA:
New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
By Portal Admin - 22nd September 2020 - Back to News
Health promotion foundation VicHealth has announced $2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
Applications for VicHealth’s Reimagining Health grants open today, with funding amounts of $3K, $10K or $50K available for local organisations whose ideas can support their communities to create meaningful social connections, get active and access healthy, affordable food.
Member for Morwell, Russell Northe encourages local organisations like sporting clubs, community gardens, arts organisations, community groups and youth services to apply for funding and help people living in the Morwell electorate.
"We know there are hardworking organisations within the Morwell electorate who could use this funding to make a significant impact on the health of people living in our community in the next 12 months and beyond," Mr Northe said.
VicHealth CEO Dr Sandro Demaio said in the midst of the global coronavirus pandemic, it’s vital that we work quickly to protect the health and wellbeing of Victorians.
"Victorians spoke, and we listened. Many communities were already fighting an uphill battle before the pandemic hit and are now facing greater challenges when it comes to putting healthy food on the table, keeping active and staying connected to others in their community," Dr Demaio said.
"We’re putting the call out to a diverse range of organisations, such as sporting clubs and leagues, community gardens, arts organisations, local groups and youth services, to act fast and apply for $2.5million in grants".
Dr Demaio said, "We want successful organisations to get the support they need to do what they do so well – make a difference in their communities, as soon as possible. We’ve made it easier to apply, with quicker turnarounds to notification".
"Our grants will support new or existing ideas and help amplify projects already in place, in order to reach more members of the Victorian community and help them improve their health and wellbeing on our path to recovery."
We understand how challenging the pandemic has been for grassroots organisations, so we’ve simplified our grant application and sped up our assessment process. Organisations who apply as soon as the grants open on Wednesday 16 September could learn the outcome of their application within weeks.
Local organisations are encouraged to apply for the grants through the VicHealth website as soon as possible for the opportunity to be funded early. For further information or to apply, visit hhttps://www.vichealth.vic.gov.au/funding/reimagining-health-grants.
Applications close 11.59pm Tuesday 27 October 2020.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- A New Home for the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre
PICAL’s current site is set to be the site for the new Phillip Island Community Hospital.
- New Initiative Opens Cultural Doors for Locals
Distance and transport will no longer be a barrier for Latrobe Valley residents wanting to attend cultural events in the regional city.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- New look Morwell Rose Festival to Go Ahead
Annual celebration of the stunning blooms of Morwell’s Centenary Rose Garden will push thru.
- Launch of New look 2020 International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
Launch of International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- National Mental Health Month Begins Today
Mental Health Foundation Australia (MHFA) to raise awareness of Mental Health
- $2.5 Million for Cowes Cultural Centre
Demolition of the old site is underway, while construction of the new facility will start in early 2021 and is expected to take 12 to 14 months.
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Youth Council Spreads Health Message
Good Food for Mental Health project was identified to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for the Latrobe City population.
- Policies Adopted in Time for New Act
The Public Transparency Policy 2020 provides clarity on the information Council must make available, access to that information and categories of information that Council may not be able to make available to the public.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Supporting Eastern Victoria’s Men’s Sheds
Men in Eastern Victoria will continue to have places to connect, build new friendships and share skills.
- No Support for Cellar Doors Closed for Coronavirus Shutdowns
No business support for family-run cellar doors.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Labor’s Bushfire Recovery ‘Plan’ Long Overdue
Rolling old money up in a new press release delivers nothing for families, businesses and communities in East Gippsland and north east Victoria hit by January’s catastrophic bushfires.
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Inverloch Projects Ready to Go
Projects include road and kerb renewal works along Golf Street, between Freda Street and Sandymount Avenue and the design and installation of a new shelter at the Wallace Avenue Park.
- Low Cases Grounds for Early Mark for Regional Vic
Implement New South Wales restrictions in country areas.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Business Adaptation Grants program has been extended.
- Caring for our Diverse Community
Council appointed new members to the City Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Call Out for Creative Ideas to Boost Tourism
Ideas needed for creative projects that have strong potential to become new tourist attractions, contributing to the economic recovery of the region in 2021 and beyond.
- Annual Budget Adopted
Highlights of the Budget include funding for the planning and/or design of a number of significant, intergenerational projects.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.