Gippsland › Latest news › East Gippsland Local News
East Gippsland hockey players score synthetic pitch for WORLD Sporting Precinct in Bairnsdale
Significant improvement done to the facilities of Women's Organisation for Recreation, Leisure and Development (WORLD) sporting precinct.
Local hockey players are celebrating the news that the redevelopment of the WORLD Sporting Precinct in Bairnsdale will now include a synthetic hockey pitch, after a decision by East Gippsland Shire Council on Tuesday, August 3.
Council is working closely with East Gippsland Hockey Association to make this pitch a reality and the association has agreed to manage the facility
Supporting the growth of hockey
Mayor Cr Mendy Urie said the inclusion of the synthetic pitch, which will replace one of the proposed grass fields, would support the growth of hockey in East Gippsland and help our aspiring Hockeyroos and Kookaburras to improve their skills.
"Hockey is a growing sport in East Gippsland and this synthetic playing field will encourage even more participation. It's an exciting addition that will be used region-wide," Cr Urie said.
"Council is working closely with East Gippsland Hockey Association to make this pitch a reality and the association has agreed to manage the facility. It's a great example of what we can accomplish when we work together to achieve our goals."
H2: Improving sporting precinct
Cr Urie also said, "Councillors and officers agreed that including the synthetic pitch in the Stage 1 works was the right time to add the synthetic pitch. As a result, Council passed a contract variation on Tuesday night to allow for one of the two planned grass hockey fields to become a synthetic surface."
The increased investment will significantly improve the sporting precinct used by Bairnsdale Hockey Club and East Gippsland Hockey Association, as well as East Gippsland United Football Club, Bairnsdale Soccer Club and Bairnsdale Netball Association.
Work at the Wallace Street site began this month. Stage 1 includes demolishing the existing pavilion, establishing two grass playing fields and building a car park. The upgrades are due for completion in December, with the synthetic hockey pitch and other upgrades tipped for completion in February 2022.
Improved spectator amenities and facilities
Once finished, the WORLD Sporting Precinct will have upgraded netball courts, hockey and soccer pitches (including a synthetic hockey pitch), pavilions, floodlighting and improved spectator amenities and facilities.
It will be home to more than 750 local netballers, 630 soccer players and a growing group of hockey players thanks to the introduction of the dedicated synthetic pitch. It also will allow students throughout the region to use the much-improved facilities for carnivals and inter school sporting events.
In May, Council received a low-interest loan for this project from the Victorian Government, which will assist in funding the synthetic surface. The WORLD redevelopment has also received funding from the Federal Government's Building Better Regions program and the Victorian Government's Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.Pictures from East Gippsland Hockey Association Facebook page.
Published by: email@example.com
- East Gippsland community and sporting groups share in $900,000 from Victorian government Sporting Club Grants Program
Nationals Member for Gippsland East Tim Bull has congratulated nine local community and sporting groups who have been successful in receiving funding under the Sporting Club Grants Program.
- East Gippsland Shire Council advises South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate it intends to declare a Special Charge Scheme for infrastructure improvements
East Gippsland Shire Council has moved one step closer to endorsing a Special Charge Scheme to help an industrial precinct reach its full potential.
- East Gippsland welcomes new citizens in Bairnsdale for April 2022
East Gippsland's newest citizens have been officially welcomed at citizenship ceremony in Bairnsdale on Tuesday 26 April.
- East Gippsland Conservation Management Network gets $200,663 via Environment Restoration Fund to enhance protection of threatened Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies
East Gippsland Conservation Management Network (EGCMN) will improve protection for Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies in Gippsland thanks to federal government funding.
- East Gippsland Shire Council is urging Andrews Labor government to consider mental health with regional lockdowns and restrictions
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging the Victorian Government to consider the mental health and wellbeing of its regional residents when making upcoming decisions relating to COVID-19 restrictions and lockdowns.
- East Gippsland Shire Council urges everyone to 'Break the Bias' during International Women's Day on 8 March 2022
East Gippsland Shire Council is urging everyone to 'Break the Bias' this International Women's Day - Tuesday 8 March.
- East Gippsland Shire Council promotes priorities to regional candidates in lead up to federal 2022 election
East Gippsland Shire Council's advocacy priorities brought for discussions with the region's federal candidates.
- East Gippsland Shire Council notes possible licencing reapplication for mineral sand mine in Glenaladale
East Gippsland Shire Council notes recent reports regarding a possible licencing reapplication for a mineral sand mine in Glenaladale.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Prime Minister Scott Morrison net-zero carbon emissions by 2050
East Gippsland Shire Council has written to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to express its support for a target of net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- East Gippsland Shire Council needs resident feedback on health and wellbeing priorities
East Gippsland Shire Council is leading the development of a new four-year municipal health and wellbeing plan, 'Well placed for Wellbeing 2021-25'.
- East Gippsland Shire Council endorses 2020/21 annual report noting support for communities
East Gippsland Shire Council has endorsed its Annual Report 2020-21.
- East Gippsland residents invited to have say on mobile and internet services
East Gippsland Shire Council is inviting locals to have their say on how to ensure secure, fast and reliable internet and mobile services for everyone in the shire.
- East Gippsland Shire Council thanks its health workers with a 'Thank You Day'
East Gippsland appreciation on the hard work and dedication of the frontliners.
- East Gippsland Shire Council seeks community feedback on road safety
East Gippsland Shire Council is working on a new Road Safety Strategy and is seeking feedback from all road users through an online survey.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for Australia Day 2022
East Gippsland has welcomed 14 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held on Australia Day - Wednesday, January 26.
- East Gippsland small businesses can apply for support from $1M LaunchME program
Small businesses in East Gippsland will have access to services to help grow and sustain their businesses through the LaunchME program.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for September 2021
East Gippsland has welcomed 12 new Aussies at a citizenship ceremony held this morning, coinciding with Australian Citizenship Day - Friday, September 17.
- East Gippsland gets $2M through Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile voice and data connectivity
The Federal Member for Gippsland has welcomed over $2 million of funding in this year's budget to improve connectivity in East Gippsland, in partnership with Telstra.
- East Gippsland Shire offers $15,000 up to $50,000 grants to local community groups to upgrade a facilities on council-owned or Crown land
Grants offered for community groups and organisations of East Gippsland Shire.
- East Gippsland welcomes newest citizens for November 2021
St Mary's Parish Centre in Bairnsdale was beaming with smiles today as 11 East Gippslanders officially became Australian citizens.
- East Gippsland Men's sheds encouraged to apply for grants up to $80,000 to improve facilities via 2022-23 Men's Shed Funding Program
Men's Sheds grants that support the establishment, expand or refurbish existing sheds across the state are now open.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- East Gippsland Shire Council Mayor Christmas message for 2021
Mayor Cr Mark Reeves, Christmas message December 2021 for East Gippsland Shire community.
- East Gippsland motorists encouraged to submit first-hand reports via an online portal for Vote for Victoria's Worst Road campaign
Three-month campaign to Vote for Victoria's Worst Road asks motorists to submit first-hand condition reports via an online portal to list the most dangerous hazards risking lives on our roads every single day.
- East Gippsland Council calls communities to help create emergency response plans called a Local Incident Management Plan (LIMP)
Preparing local communities for emergencies particularly on knowing what to do during fire and storm hits.
- East Gippsland Shire Council supports Clean Up Australia Day by accepting labelled bags from registered sites at no charge
Clean Up Australia Day is on again on Sunday 6 March and now is the time to get your local community group or a bunch of friends together to clean up a site near you.
- East Gippsland Shire Council offers zero fees to promote zero waste and encourage better recycling practices
Fees have been removed on recyclable items to help reduce illegal dumping, lessen waste and cut disposal cost to the residents.
- East Gippsland's three hospitals and council urge people to get vaccinated in the fight against COVID-19
Council encouraging everyone in the community to get vaccinated.
- East Gippsland Rail Trail gets sealing and surface upgrades by local firm Cranes Asphalting
Funding for works on the rail trail from Bairnsdale to Orbost.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts new charter to promote a respectful community for all
Council acts to promote a respectful community for all.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- East Gippsland Shire motorists reminded to check parking restrictions
Increasing enforcement effort across the shire to ensure motorists follow parking restrictions.
- East Gippslanders dismayed by bushfire recovery grants program
Council disappointment on the recovery grants for bush fire damages, requesting urgent review on bush fire recovery funding allocation for Gippsland.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Community Vision 2040
Adopted community vision and council plan for 2021-25.
- Wellington, East Gippsland and Latrobe City Councils share in $7.7M funding from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program
Three Gippsland councils will share in $7.7 million in additional Federal Government funding to undertake local priority projects.
- Landholders in East Gippsland to develop wildlife refuges with $1 million grant to 'Trust for Nature' as part of bushfire recovery
The Federal Government is backing local landholders and communities in East Gippsland to lead the way in bushfire recovery through a $1 million grant to support the regeneration of impacted plants and animals.
- Thirty-five East Gippsland communities get strengthened disaster telecommunications
Thirty-five East Gippsland communities will soon receive telecommunications systems to help ensure resilient communications are available during emergency events.
- Young people in East Gippsland wanted to apply for free leadership program - Youth Ambassador Program
East Gippsland Shire Council is looking for people aged 12 to 25 to join the Youth Ambassador Program.
- Monaro Highway in East Gippsland is rapidly deteriorating and requires urgent attention from Victoria's road management
The Monaro Highway, a critical freight route in and out of East Gippsland, is the latest in the local roads network requiring urgent attention with local Nationals MP.
- Tim Bull warns of East Gippslanders seniors being scammed online out of considerable amounts of money
Tim Bull encouraged East Gippslanders being scammed out of considerable amounts of money residents to beware of scammers, not rushing through money transfers.
- South East Melbourne Phoenix migrates to Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium in Traralgon for 2022 NBL season
South East Melbourne Phoenix takes a match against the Adelaide 36ers at the new-look stadium, million dollar upgraded Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS).
- Bairnsdale hosted East Gippsland's latest citizenship ceremony welcoming over 30 new citizens
Ceremony to welcome 32 people from different countries as the new Australian citizens.
- Celebrate East Gippsland Winter Festival from 17 June to 10 July 2022
Embrace the chill of the season in an abundant celebration of art, wine, local produce and live music across East Gippsland from 17 June to 10 July 2022.
- Federal support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme
The Coalition Government is bolstering support for farmers in East Gippsland and Wellington through the On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme.
- Bairnsdale airport in East Gippsland gets $220,000 federal funding for upgrade
Bairnsdale Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $220,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Brumby carcasses found by locals in East Gippsland bush requires explanation from Andrews Labor government about culling program
Following reports of brumby carcasses being found in the East Gippsland bush, local Nationals MP, Tim Bull, has asked the Environment Minister to come clean on the details of the program.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Chocolate, beer and medicine face massive supply disruptions over Christmas if the nation's largest timber pallet manufacturer is denied access to timber.
- Timber shortage from East Gippsland lockdown risks Christmas shortages in medicine and goods
Support will focus on restoring Victoria's reputation as a manufacturing powerhouse prioritising support for industries.
- Yarram airport in East Gippsland gets $300,000 federal funding to improve safety
Yarram Airport will be upgraded thanks to a $300,000 funding boost under Round 2 of the Federal Government's Regional Airports Program.
- Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli
Successful applicants of Lone Pine seedling to receive the seedlings in time to celebrate the Centenary of the Republic of Turkey.
- Princes Highway through East Gippsland gets $3.6M upgrade to improve road safety and resilience
A $3.6 million upgrade to one of the worst sections of the Princes Highway will improve safety and resilience of the key transport link, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Men's Sheds for West and East Gippsland get funding to continue improving the local men's health
Funding granted for more men's sheds across the region to help them build their connectivity and share their skills.
- Insensitive and brutal $13,631 fine for East Gippsland business alleged COVID breaches by Department of Justice and Community Safety
Infringements issued by the Department of Justice and Community Safety for alleged COVID breaches have raised the ire of small business owners who have endured the burden of changing compliance complexities for two years.
- Federal bushfire fund 'rip off' on East Gippsland must be prevented says Darren Chester
East Gippsland community groups will be 'ripped off' if the Federal Government doesn't boost the region's allocation under the $280 million 'Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants Program', according to Federal MP Darren Chester.
- Community feedback wanted on East Gippsland Council draft 2022-23 budget
East Gippsland Shire Council has proposed a 2022-23 Budget that will continue the largest capital works program in the shire's history, support local employment and continue the region's economic and social recovery.
- Call for Gippsland schools, community organisations and sporting clubs to apply for grants to increase shade from sun via state government sunshade program
Government program to better protect the community while having their time outdoors.
- Uniting Gippsland Family Day Care in Bairnsdale and Paynesville Neighbourhood Child Care Centre get $380,000 for child care services for East Gippsland
Two child care providers in East Gippsland have received a welcome funding boost to meet the needs of local families.
- Andrews Labor government walks away from promised East Gippsland plantation nursery flagging catastrophic building material shortages
The Andrews Labor government has walked away from a promise to establish a plantation nursery in East Gippsland today.
- Farmers asked to share their views as East Gippsland Agriculture Sector Advisory Committee finalised
New appointed committee members and farmers survey completion to better assist the agricultural sector.
- TAFE Gippsland Warragul campus upgrade complete and now world-class training facility
The Andrews Labor government has completed its multimillion-dollar upgrade of TAFE Gippsland's Warragul campus, giving local jobseekers the chance to train in world-class facilities before entering a rewarding career.
- Omeo Caravan Park remedial works get high priority from East Gippsland Shire Council so opened in time for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council is committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Safer speed limit for Forge creek Road in East Gippsland to reduce its unenviable crash and trauma record
A new 80km/h speed limit will be introduced on Forge Creek Road from Monday, August 23, to help tackle its unenviable crash and trauma record.
- Lakes Entrance recognised wins Top Tourism Town Awards with East Gippsland towns Paynesville and Mallacoota placing high
East Gippsland towns being on top of the tourism awards.
- Nominate a local hero for East Gippsland Shire Australia Day Awards
Perfect time to shine a spotlight on an unsung hero who has made a positive contribution to our community.
- Gippsland to share in $3B Victorian economy boost from 2026 Commonwealth Games
Gippsland is set to shine on the world sporting stage in 2026, with the region being confirmed as one of the four regional hubs to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Black Summer Bushfire Recovery Grants East rip off for Gippsland may be avoided says Darren Chester
The Federal Government is backing away from a plan which would have short-changed bushfire impacted communities in East Gippsland, according to local MP Darren Chester.
- Parks Minister Lily D'Ambrosio should apologise to East Gippsland businesses for slow response to repair bushfire damage
New staff to help repair infrastructure damaged during the two-year ago bushfires has finally been announced.
- Sharon Jervis, Jane Ponting and other locals thanked for East Gippsland Community Vision 2040 contribution
East Gippsland residents who contributed to the development of the Community Vision 2040 earlier this year were on Tuesday celebrated for their contribution to the community.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre officially opened by Minister for Regional Development Mary-Anne Thomas as centerpiece of the $42M Latrobe Creative Precinct
The much-anticipated Gippsland Performing Arts Centre has opened its doors to the public, with the state-of-the-art space to become a drawcard for locals and visitors bringing top acts to the region.
- Gippsland Performing Arts Centre program ready for March 2022 opening
The stage is almost set for world-class shows and entertainment as construction of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre (GPAC) nears completion ready for the March 2022 opening.
- Gippsland-wide kerbside organics tender has South Gippsland Shire Council and the five other six Councils working together
South Gippsland Shire Council is one of six Councils collaborating on a Gippsland-wide Kerbside Organics Tender facilitated by Resource Recovery Gippsland.
- Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale receives $2M facility upgrade from federal government
The Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale will receive a $2 million boost if the federal coalition government is returned on Saturday.
- Gippsland hydrogen cluster launched and well positioned to be a key player
The Gippsland Hydrogen Cluster was launched today during an online event by its auspicing body the Committee for Gippsland.
- Gippsland students can apply for up to $18,000 assistance via Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging local students needing financial assistance to apply for round six of the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program.
- Gippsland not-for-profit kindergardens can apply for grants from $7.5M from state government fund to improve ventilation
Victorian Government is helping kindergarten services across Eastern Victoria reduce the risk of coronavirus transmission, with support for better ventilation measures to help keep children and staff COVIDSafe.
- Gippsland performing arts centre in Traralgon officially opens
Opening Night of the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre, community gathers to breathe life into our new creative precinct.
- Gippsland lifesaver Barrie Smith of Seaspray and Alpine First Aid and Training recognised in Life Saving Victoria Awards of Excellence
Local lifesavers and facilities from the Gippsland region have been recognised in Life Saving Victoria's (LSV's) 2021 Awards of Excellence.
- Gippslanders urged to visit Sale in October to see Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award - Archibald Prize
Entries on Young Archie 2021 exhibition in Gippsland are on exhibition on Level 2 of the Gippsland Art Gallery, from 27 Sep - 21 Nov 2021.
- One Gippsland announces new leadership with Kellie O'Callaghan as Chair and Ian Bye Mayor as Deputy Chair
One Gippsland has elected a new Chair and Deputy Chair to lead the alliance through 2022 ahead of the Federal and Victorian elections.
- Local Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti sculpture coming soon to Drouin Civic Park as part of Baw Baw Shire Council $1.48M park upgrade project
Gippsland artist Jo Caminiti, combining art and science comes naturally, inspiring others to pursue their lifelong passions no matter the condition they're in.
- West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation becomes not-for-profit organisation in Bass Coast Shire
Council working with West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation on the proposed transition to ensure the required governance changes do not affect the important service and to meet the needs and expectations of the growing community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council uses COVID-19 Outdoor Activation Fund to assist local businesses and communities recovery
South Gippsland Shire Council is undertaking a number of initiatives to assist local businesses and communities to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
- One Gippsland says 2022/23 Victorian budget will help boost to recovery of region
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian government's broader investment in health, economic recovery and support for First Nations Victorians.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt to glow purple for victims of domestic and family violence
The West Gippsland Arts Centre forecourt will be lit up purple this Wednesday 4 May in memory of the lives of women and children lost to domestic and family violence.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late May 2022 - Feedback wanted on Great Southern Rail Trail Marketing Plan and more
South GIppsland Shire Council update to the community.
- South Gippsland Shire Council encourages community to help shape projects and services with 'Your say South Gippsland' online service
Your Say South Gippsland is a one-stop shop for all Council feedback opportunities goes live!
- West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth clear walking track at Mt Worth State Park
Volunteers from the West Gippsland Bushwalking Club and Friends of Mt Worth have come together for a working bee to clear the walking track at Mt Worth State Park on Tuesday morning.
- Conversion of Lakes Entrance landfill to transfer station by East Gippsland Shire Council near completion
East Gippsland Shire Council's investment to turn the landfill in Lakes Entrance into a transfer station
- Gippsland arts, cultural and heritage organisations can apply for grants from federal CHART program to support rebuilding and preservation
Government continues to deliver record support to the creative and cultural sector, with 47 new projects.
- Gippsland state-owned schools, health and service organisations directed to move regional banks accounts to CBA, NAB and Westpac
State-owned schools, health services and organisations have been directed to close accounts with smaller regional banks and transfer funds to Commonwealth, Westpac or NAB banks.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early March 2022 - Great Southern Rail Trail project
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In The Know' is your fortnightly reminder of what council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early February 2022 - Regional Profile Survey closing soon
South Gippsland Council's project plans and updates for the community.
- Gippsland welcomes federal budget 2022-23 which includes a range of regional initiatives that will support region to grow and thrive
Federal budget 2022-23 release to continue support of growing Gippsland.
- Gippsland small to medium exporters can apply for federal Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) to co-fund international marketing and promotional expenses
Russell Broadbent MP has urged exporters in Monash to take advantage of the Coalition Government's improved export grants program.
- New Gippsland culinary experiences at Sardine Cantina in Paynesville and Sodafish in Lakes Entrance
Put a pin in your foodie maps, new Gippsland culinary experiences await.
- Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Latrobe City started the year in style with a baker's dozen of big events bringing in significant visitation and tourism dollars throughout the municipality.
- TAFE Gippsland gets $4 million upgrade from 'TAFE Asset Maintenance Fund' to cater for growing enrolments at Warragul Campus
Warragul students will soon move into new state-of-the-art facilities at TAFE Gippsland, funded by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Gippsland Disability Advocacy received $40,000 to connect carers from across Gippsland through formal and informal peer support programs
Local unpaid carers who selflessly support their loved ones will receive more support from the Victorian Government to help care for their own wellbeing.
- Gippsland rural airstrips and aerodromes can apply for grants of between $5,000 and $3M from federal Remote Airstrip Upgrade Program
The guidelines for round nine of the federal government,s Remote Airstrip Upgrade program have now been released.
- Gippsland live performance presenters and suppliers can apply for state support from event cancellations between May and September
The Victorian Government is providing more support for live performance events that have been cancelled due to the recent coronavirus restrictions.
- Gippsland Cancer Care Centre to get new Linear Accelerator as part of $11M funding package from the Victorian 2022/23 budget
Regional cancer patients will have access to brand new radiotherapy services closer to home, thanks to a massive funding boost in the Victorian Budget 2022/23.
- Gippsland government schools can apply for state funded solar panels through Greener Government School Buildings program
Applications for the school solar panel system are now open.
- Gippsland small and medium businesses can partake in $400 million of support from 'Victorian Business Support Package'
A new jointly funded package from the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments will give Victorian small and medium businesses the extra support and confidence they need to recover from the recent lockdown.
- Gippsland hospitality businesses will stay shut on Friday from unworkable rules imposed by Andrews Labor government
Ease of restriction given to Victoria is not enough to keep businesses to stay open and recover.
- Eight major Gippsland businesses get research and advice through the 'Driving Gippsland's Food and Fibre Agenda' program
Gippsland's vital food and fibre sector is set to benefit with seven local businesses selected to participate in a new innovative initiative, backed by the Andrews Labor Government.
- Gippsland motorists robbed of life-saving road upgrades as state and federal government dithers
Government failing to fast track the road safety upgrades putting regional communities in critical functioning.
- Gippsland and Latrobe Valley to benefit from federal Clean Hydrogen Industrial Hubs fund
The Federal Government's $1.2 billion hydrogen investment is set to boost economic activity and jobs in regional Australia.
- Gippsland tourism peak body aligns with Tourism Australia and encouraging vaccinations
National response for COVID-19, protecting yourself and the community.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- Gippsland residents reminded to submit photographs the 2022 #lovegippsland calendar
Encouraging photographers and the community to send their photograph entry for the calendar.
- Gippsland Country Music Festival returns to Mossvale Park in South Gippsland
Family-friendly, all-ages festival that showcases Australia's best country music including well-known legendary artists as well as the most exciting up-and-coming live acts.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 17 February 2021
South Gippsland Council meeting minutes and agendas.
- Concern over delays to rollout of Murray Basin Rail Project East expresses by Gippsland Shire Council to Andrews Labor government
Council backed a request from the Rail Freight Alliance (RFA), of which Council is a member, to join a statewide call to get the project back on track ahead of the Victorian State Election.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 18 March 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council meeting update.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early January 2022
South Gippsland Shire Council's 'In the Know' is also an opportunity for the council to let you know that you and your opinions are highly valued to help the council improve their services as well as the shire.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early November 2021
South Gippsland Shire Council's annual Green Waste Amnesty has commenced and will run until 31 December.
- One Gippsland submits freight fast-track, tourism recovery, digital connectivity and job creation as funding priorities 2022/23 to governments
A number of local projects have been identified that will work to increase the liveability and prosperity of our regional cities and local towns.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- Call for Gippslanders to help by donating blood or plasma made by Darren Chester
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is encouraging Gippslanders to roll up their sleeves and donate blood or plasma.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early December 2021
It's raining awards in Gippsland! Over the past few weeks, we have seen strong representation from South Gippsland in a range of award ceremonies.
- Part of Gippsland Performing Arts Centre $42M redevelopment opens up opportunities for regional creative community workers
The Andrews Labor government is supporting local creative workers and community activities in Traralgon, with the unveiling of new spaces, facilities, and training programs at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre.
- No more excuses for bushfire recovery delays in East Gippsland from Andrews Labor government
All levels of government have been challenged to stop making excuses and get on with the job of delivering bushfire recovery projects in East Gippsland.
- Best Gippsland caravan parks for amazing beach, river and bushland holidays in 2022
From soaring high country vistas to beaches that stretch on forever, lush rainforest and a labyrinth of limestone caves, Gippsland was made for caravanning.
- South Gippsland Shire Council warns of increase in scam calls - 'Hang up, block number and let your friends and family know'
Scammers targeting victims through money recovery scams, be aware of uninvited offers of help to recover money for an up-front payment, they are scams.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early April 2022 - Reconnect All-ages Festival at Leongatha Recreation Reserve
Amazing musicians, great food trucks and maybe a roving performer or two, Reconnect is an opportunity for music-lovers of all ages to come together and celebrate good times.
- Giant Gippsland Earthworms and Hooded Plovers get $500,000 from Morrison government Threatened Species Strategy Action Plan
Community-led program that aims to conserve, restore and protect native wildlife that share the same habitat.
- South Gippsland Shire Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early May 2022 - Community feedback on Draft Integrated Plans encouraged
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment, have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Sun sets on Gippsland life saving patrols in 2022 as busiest lifesaving season in Victoria ends
The red and yellow flags will be taken down on Gippsland clubs and state-wide beaches for the last time this season, ending Victoria's busiest lifesaving season to date.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late November 2021
It has been an exciting week at South Gippsland Shire Council with our new Councillors being sworn in.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 15 September 2021
Read on for summary the agenda and minutes the South Gippsland Shire Council last meeting
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late January 2022 - Register for Community Vision online forum
Council is inviting the eligible residents to register and join the community vision online forum.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late April 2022 - Community feedback wanted on draft plans
In The Know is your fortnightly reminder of what Council is up to at the moment. Have a look at what is going on and how you can get involved!
- Grants for Gippsland art organisations available from federal Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART)
The Australian Museums and Galleries Association (AMaGA) is thrilled to announce the successful applicants from Batch 1 of the Culture, Heritage and Arts Regional Tourism (CHART) program.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late October 2021
Updates about South Gippsland Shire events.
- Men's sheds in Gippsland share $17,500 funding from National Shed Development federal program
Men's sheds in Gippsland have received a much-needed boost with funding from the Federal Government's National Shed Development Programme (NSDP).
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late February 2022 - Register now to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at council and how you can get involved.
- Low-income Gippsland households can apply for $1,000 rebate to replace old heaters from state government 'Home Heating and Cooling Upgrade' program
Heating upgrade grant to support low-income households.
- South Gippsland Shire draft 2020/21 Annual Report on public exhibition for two weeks
Council's 2020/21 Annual Report is currently on public exhibition for two weeks.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late March 2022 - Opportunity to have your say
Join In The Know to receive fortnightly updates on what is happening at Council and how you can get involved, this is your opportunity to let us know what you think and provide your feedback.
- Applications open for community sporting events across the Gippsland from federal Regional Sport Events fund
Sporting events across Monash are set to benefit from the Morrison Government's Regional Sport Events Fund.
- Northe calls for Gippsland hospice care facility in Latrobe Valley and proposed Hazelwood House in Churchill
Message from Mr Russell Northe MP to Gippsland Hospice Family to advocate for the consideration of a dedicated hospice for the region.
- Fare freeze in Gippsland thaws increasing cost for passengers taking train or bus
Gippsland line passengers will pay more to take the train or bus from today, with public transport fees set to rise.
- South Gippsland Shire Council offices reopen from 13 September 2021
Assistance offered for financial transactions and general queries.
- South Gippsland Shire Council has new community engagement platform
Updates of the participation in all the engagement opportunities that interest you, including projects, plans and policies.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update late September 2021
The final podcast is now available in South GIppsland.
- Free performances in East Gippland from Colorado Children's Chorale and California Fullerton University Singers
The internationally acclaimed Colorado Children's Chorale, founded in 1974, boasts performances in the White House, the Lincoln Centre for the Performing Arts in New York, Royal Albert Hall in London and more.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 16 December 2021
Summary of decisions made at the council meeting on 16 December 2021.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 25 November 2021
Council meetings are streamed live to the public as a means of enhancing transparency and public decision making.
- Applications open for Gippsland Recycling centres grants up to $500,000 from Victorian government $40.9M Regional Recycling Fund
Recycling centres across regional Victoria including in Gippsland can apply for grants of up to $500,000 for infrastructure upgrades as part of Round One of the $40.9 million Regional Recycling Fund.
- Everyone to enjoy Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre in Traralgon regardless of ability or language with introduction of Access Key
Latrobe City Council delivers Access Key to customise accessibility to Gippsland Aquatic Centre (GRAC) in Traralgon
- Not clear how Gippsland and Latrobe Valley hospitals performing during a pandemic after health services fail to finalise annual reports
The community has no clear idea of how local regional hospitals are performing during a pandemic after nearly 60 country health services failed to finalise their annual reports.
- Further funding to assist Gippsland businesses and community recovery from drought, bushfires and the coronavirus through federal Rebuilding Regional Communities Program
Local businesses and community groups can apply for funding to assist Gippsland as it recovers from the impacts of the coronavirus.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 April 2022
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 20 April 2022.
- Three year health project for children and young people started by East Gippsland Shire Council and VicHealth
Children and young people will be the centre of a three-year East Gippsland Shire Council project looking to help younger residents grow up active, healthy and socially connected.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 22 July 2021
Summary of key decisions made at the Ordinary Council Meeting on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Art arrives at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for Archibald Prize exhibition opening
Archibald Prize at Gippsland Art Gallery starts on Friday 8 October to 21 November 2021.
- Shooting clubs across Gippsland to benefit from Victorian government's 'Shooting Sports Facilities Program'
Shooting clubs across Eastern Victoria are celebrating after securing funding to upgrade their facilities.
- South Gippsland Shire Council meeting snapshot - 11 May 2022
Keeping the community up-to-date with council happenings by visiting or downloading the latest media releases.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early October 2021
Local residents are being encouraged to shop local as part of a new marketing campaign called 'Shop Local South Gippsland'.
- New footpath along Howitt Avenue and Eastwood Road to make a safer route to school and the shops
East Gippsland Shire Council starts work this week on a new footpath that will provide Eastwood locals with a safer route to school and the shops, and offer a great reason to leave the car at home.
- South Gippsland Shire Council update early September 2021
The lead into the Council election has begun and there are a few things that the council wants to remind you of.
- South Gippsland Shire Council rates due 15 February 2022
Rates are due in full by 15 February unless you have elected to pay by an instalment or payment plan.
- West and South Gippsland Shire Councils get $5.6M from federal Financial Assistance Grant program 2021-22 Q3 payment
Local governments in Monash have received their third 2021-22 quarterly payment through the federal government's financial assistance Grant program.
- West and central Gippsland gets $480M for 4G and 5G wireless upgrade from Morrison government in 2022-23 federal budget
Electorate of Monash will have access to a significantly more capable NBN network following a $480 million investment by the Morrison Government in the 2022-23 Federal Budget.
- Support for Gippsland manufacturers to create jobs via Modern Manufacturing Initiative (MMI)
Funding and support to boost manufacturing sector and guidelines for support application.
- Join South Gippsland Australia Day Short Film and Photography competition for 2022
Short film and photography competition hosted by the council that will be shown in Leongatha cinema.
- Victorian and Gippsland farmers bumper harvest at risk as hard lockdowns make worsen labour shortages
Victorian farmers' hopes of a record-breaking harvest are at risk while COVID restrictions continue to wreak havoc with availability of farm labourers.
- Federal budget to support Gippsland's recovery with a focus on infrastructure spending and cost of living relief for local families
Darren Chester MP welcomes commitment to continue funding major infrastructure projects in Gippsland for local roads, bridges, community facilities and better telecommunication services
- Fit outs continue on Gippsland Performing Arts Centre with completion expected by end of 2021
Works to complete the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre exterior and the interior fit out are continuing.
- Feedback wanted from Gippslanders on Connecting Victoria survey from state government
One Gippsland has welcomed the Victorian Government's ground-breaking Connecting Victoria Engagement Report that outlines the digital connectivity issues in regional Victoria.
- Latrobe City in Gippsland ready to host 2026 Commonwealth Games events and get economic and tourism boost
Premier's announcing Latrobe City as host city to the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
- Fit out underway for Gippsland Performing Arts Centre as part of $18.5 million upgrade
Improving Gippsland Performing Arts Centre that is designed for better experience that can also serve as asset to the region.
- Regions like Gippsland out of lockdown but it's the lockdown they didn't need to have
Truth about the COVID-19 information hidden to the Victorians.
- West and South Gippsland residents and business share in $300M in COVID-related payments
COVID-19 Payments details that have been distributed across west and south Gippsland.
- Kerryn Ellis as South Gippsland Shire Council CEO is in Top 50 Public Sector Women 2022 from Institute of Public Administration Australia
Statement from Mayor Mohya Davies: re CEO Kerryn Ellis Award.
- Community survey for South Gippsland Shire open for residents to feedback likes, challenges and priorities
South Gippsland Shire Council (Council) is undertaking research to help understand community needs.
- Calling on local volunteers to register or nominate for East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll
Council is calling on volunteers to register or nominate for the East Gippsland Volunteer Honour Roll.
- Voting for South Gippsland Shire Council extended to 6pm 29 October 2021
The close of voting for the South Gippsland Shire Council elections has been extended by one week to 6 pm Friday 29 October.
- Sell-out crowd at West Gippsland Art Centre celebrates International Women's Day in Baw Baw Shire
A sell-out crowd descended on the West Gippsland Art Centre on Tuesday 8 March to celebrate International Women's Day 2022.
- Andrew Giles MP promises $10M to Stage two of Gippsland Logistics Precinct project ahead of federal election
Latrobe City Council has welcomed a $10 million election promise to progress the Gippsland Logistics Precinct from the Labor Party ahead of the Federal election.
- New cancer treatment centre for West Gippsland Hospital coming as health group gets $4.5M funding from federal coalition government for build
A new cancer treatment centre to be built at West Gippsland Health Group will change lives and improve regional health outcomes thanks to funding from the Federal Coalition Government.
- Regional kids including Gippsland still locked out of the classroom, but the Andrew's Labor state government won't tell us why
Andrews Labor Government's decision to force students in regional communities into remote learning.
- Victorian including Gippsland farmers' livelihood at risk while worker deal is stranded on Premier's desk
The Labor government is putting the agricultural sector into crisis, dismissing famers' calls for help.
- Grants available for Gippsland organisations to build community bushfire and floods resilience
Guidelines for the Federal Government's Preparing Australian Communities Program - Local have been released ahead of applications opening.
- Housing crisis grips Gippsland as rental availability drops to nearly 50%
A review by One Gippsland has revealed a critical accommodation shortage across the region. The decrease in availavility has lead to massive increae in households seeking social housing assistance.
- Jobs boost to south and west Gippsland with 11 projects approved for funding from federal 'Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program'
Funding for local roads projects that will support more jobs and help in the economic growth for the community.
- Regions in Victoria like Gippsland need a guaranteed positive way forward crippling 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown
The time has come to guarantee a positive way forward for regional Victorian communities that have been crippled by 18 months of uncertainty and lockdown.
- Genoa Sports and Recreation Reserve gets $370,000 funding for improvements from East Gippsland Council and federal government
The Genoa community has long held the upgrade of the courts as a priority and worked hard to attract funding for the project.
- Further support for Gippsland job seekers with the extension of employment facilitator services
Funding to support and employ local job-seekers and facilitators.
- More cutting-edge equipment for Gippsland Tech School to deliver more innovative STEM learning programs
The Gippsland Tech School will soon be more high-tech to support Victorian Tech Schools to buy new equipment and deliver more innovative STEM learning programs.
- Three awesome Gippsland seafood restaurants to try in 2022
Seafood restaurants you should visit in Gippsland.
- Councils in West and South Gippsland will share in $2.1B Commonwealth Cash Boost for flooding and COVID-19 recovery
Five councils in the Monash electorate will benefit from the Australian government's $2.1 billion pre-payment on next year's Financial Assistance Grant to all councils across Australia.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Feedback wanted from Gippsland dairy farmers on Dairy Code of Conduct
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippsland dairy farmers to have their say on the Dairy Code of Conduct.
- Nature Based Tourism forum for ecotourism revolution hosted by East Gippsland Council on 17 March 2022
Tourism is changing as travellers become increasingly aware of the impact they have on the places they visit.
- Russell Broadbent's Gippsland school leavers' guide for those graduating in 2021
Assistance for graduates to have innovative solutions for their future.
- Street light project in South Gippsland Shire will save $9.4M in energy and capital costs when completed
Street lighting project is nearing its completion, the remaining 270 inefficient streetlights in South Gippsland Shire will be replaced later this year.
- Restoring shellfish reef ecosystems in Gippsland Lakes will help protect environment and boost local jobs and tourism
A new native shellfish reef will bring new life to the Gippsland Lakes as well as providing a boost of up to 25 local jobs and enhancing tourism and recreation.
- Regions in Victorians like Gippsland should be released from the seven-day lockdown says Peter Walsh
Misinformation about the COVID test resulted in the statewide lockdown.
- Great outcomes for Latrobe City and Gippsland from Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program and Building Better Regions Fund
Latrobe City Council has welcomed continued funding for key programs to support roads and local infrastructure as part of the 2022/23 Federal Budget.
- Mark Reeves elected Mayor and Arthur Allen Deputy Mayor for East Gippsland Shire in 2021
Cr Mark Reeves of Marlo has been elected Mayor of East Gippsland Shire Council at a Statutory Meeting held on Thursday, October 28.
- Upgrades and specialist equipment for Gippsland early childhood education centres via Victorian government Building Blocks Inclusion fund
Upgrades to early childhood education centres and specialist equipment to help improve learning outcomes.
- Stage two of $110,000 new footpath along Eastwood Road in north Bairnsdale
East Gippsland Shire Council has begun Stage Two of a new footpath along Eastwood Road, Eastwood, north of Bairnsdale.
- Anthony Basford re-appointed as Chief Executive Officer for East Gippsland Shire Council
Council reappoints Anthony Basford as East Gippsland Shire Council Chief Executive Officer.
- New website to showcase East Gippsland
A new website that will improve the East Gippsland visitor experience is now live.
- Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes won by East Gippsland Shire Council
East Gippsland Shire Council and Brimbank City Council have jointly won a Planning Institute of Australia award for improving planning processes.
- Community invited to Candlelight Vigil at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre to remember the women and children lost to family violence across
The Candlelight Vigil is an opportunity to come together as a community, reflect and take a stand against family violence.
- Feedback wanted on Environment Sustainability Strategy form East Gippsland Council
East Gippsland Shire Council has released its draft Environment Sustainability Strategy 2022-2032 for community comment.
- Em Rusciano performs at West Gippsland Arts Centre for International Women's Day in March 2022
International Women's Day celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women while calling for gender equity and an end to gender-based discrimination and violence.
- Feedback invited on Rural Land Use Strategy from East Gippsland Shire Council
Council inviting the community to send their feedback for the rural land use strategy.
- Funding for surf lifesavers throughout Gippsland discussed by Darren Chester and Life Saving Victoria CEO Catherine Greaves
Discussion with the lifesaving clubs and members for ongoing funding for local surf lifesavers.
- Nationals alternative roadmap for Victoria and Gippsland to reopen, rebuild and recover out of COVID restrictions delivers certainty and positivity
Victorians are looking for an iron-clad guarantee on the road to reopen, rebuild and recover.
- United front for a new hospital for West Gippsland between Baw Baw Shire Council and West Gippsland Healthcare Group
Agreement about the new hospital in West Gippsland formalised.
- Bass Coast Rail Trail wooden bridge east of Mouth of Powlett Road in Kilcunda to be renewed
Funding for the improvement of tracks, trails and the construction of the wooden bridge located along theBass Coast Rail Trail.
- Funding $2.69 million goes to four major Gippsland businesses and Latrobe City Council via Regional Recovery Fund
The Andrews Labor Government is accelerating regional Victoria's recovery from the coronavirus pandemic by investing in Eastern Victoria to create jobs and stimulate the local economy.
- Baw Baw Shire Council supports West Gippsland Regional Library transition to not-for-profit
Endorsing support for West Gippsland Regional Library Corporation to be a not-for-profit organisation.
- Leadership training providers in West and South Gippsland needed to apply for federal Building Resilient Regional Leaders Initiative pilot program
Applications for funding to support current and emerging regional leaders to develop leadership and resilience skills are now open,eligible training providers are encouraged to send their applications for the grant.
- New hospital for West Gippsland endorsed by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council has endorsed its full support for a new hospital in West Gippsland.
- Community feedback wanted for South Gippsland Shire Council to develop Community Vision for 2040
Council is inviting community members to shape the future of South Gippsland by developing the Community Vision for 2040.
- Darren Chester campaigns to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is campaigning to save the Lakes Entrance rotunda from an ill-conceived East Gippsland Shire Council plan.
- Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's biggest survey to understand regional needs
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has officially launched Gippsland's Biggest Survey.
- Students in regional Victoria such as Gippsland should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom
Students in regional Victoria should not have to endure more weeks locked out of the classroom.
- Watch for wildlife throughout Gippsland in warmer weather such as Magpies and snakes
Knowing more about the wildlife and how we can help protect them.
- Exemption to current travel restrictions in South Gippsland available to those needing to carry out summer fire preparation activities
Travel permit applications that take between 2 - 5 business days to process, if sufficient time is not allowed for processing, this will result in your application being rejected.
- Federal funding of $3 million goes to DefendTex in Gippsland for Australia's first 3D printed space launching rocket boosters
Funding to conduct Australia's first 3D printed rocket booster for space in Gippsland.
- Enrolments for Free TAFE in Gippsland up by 29 percent for 2020
More than 13,000 jobseekers enrolled in the Andrews Labor Government's Free TAFE initiative across TAFE Gippsland, Box Hill Institute and Chisholm Institute last year, making rewarding career pathways a reality for thousands of Victorians.
- Archibald Prize 2021 has opened at the Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale for next 45 days
Archibald Prize opens at Gippsland Art Gallery and portraits featured.
- AusNet Services developing infrastructure to support Gippsland Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council
AusNet Services today presented its plans for developing infrastructure to support Gippsland's Renewable Energy Zone (GREZ) to Wellington Shire Council.
- Bairnsdale Airport gets $340,000 grant for water main upgrade from federal Regional Airports Program and East Gippsland Shire Council
Work is underway at Bairnsdale Airport to replace the site's ageing water mains.
- Free pair of glasses for 176 students across West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley from Andrews Labor Victorian government
One thousand more Victorian students can now see more clearly and concentrate better at school, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government's free Glasses for Kids program.
- Woolamai Surf Life Saving clubs in South Gippsland celebrate leadership and achievements of women
State-wide initiative, lifesavers from across Victoria, banded together in pink on the weekend to celebrate female leadership in lifesaving.
- How Labor's tax hike will slug Gippsland farmers, families and businesses
Victorians pay the highest land taxes in Australia, but still the government is hiking them up even further.
- Work begins on 360 metre rock revetment wall along Cowes East Foreshore by Bass Coast Shire Council
Works on Cowes East Foreshore will begin on 1 February and be completed by the end of July, subject to weather and tidal conditions.
- Paint Baw Baw REaD Early Years Expo at West Gippsland Arts Centre with author Valerie Jarred on 21 May
The Baw Baw Egg and the short story have been travelling throughout the Shire, visiting local primary schools, kindergartens and libraries to share the story with Baw Baw youngsters.
- Vixens to play two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February
Gippsland netball fans are in for a treat this month, with the Vixens playing two pre-season games at Traralgon's Gippsland Regional Indoor Stadium in February.
- Federal assistance of $7 million paid to Gippsland local governments for first quarter 2021-22
Local governments in Monash have received their first 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Andrews Labor government axes Agriculture Victoria 145 jobs when Gippsland food and fibre sector will be crucial part of Victoria's recover economy
The Andrews Labor Government has axed 145 jobs from Agriculture Victoria, at a time when the $17.8 billion food and fibre sector will be crucial to recover and rebuild Victoria's economy.
- Funding to support that landcare facilitator roles in Gippsland and Eastern Victoria
Funding to support facilitator jobs that would help improve landcare and biodiversity.
- NYE on the Hill 2021 three day festival near Loch Village in South Gippsland gets $178,200 from federal Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand Fund
Receiving support from the government to give more opportunities to the arts sector, as well as job opportunities for the community.
- Farming for Success 2022 Agriculture Gippsland wide conference in Sale 8 March 2022
Wellington Shire to host the agriculture conference "Farming for Success 2002 on 8 March.
- Local community sporting events can now apply for support through the Regional Sports Events Fund of the federal government
Funding to support local community sporting events is now available through the Federal Government.
- Dog friendly holiday accommodation in Gippsland when planning your next family break
Dog lovers, think beyond accommodation where you're permitted to bring your dog, to next-level pooch-dedicated resorts.
- Latrobe Visitor Information Centre to be relocated to Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from 25 February 2022
The Latrobe Visitor Information Centre will open seven days a week at the Gippsland Performing Arts Centre from Friday 25 February.
- Residents invited to give feedback on South Gippsland's Community Vision project
South Gippsland residents are invited to get involved in shaping up the community vision project of the council.
- Sale air show to get flying start for Gippsland in 2022 by Wellington Shire Council
An event that would give chance to reconnection of former air force colleagues, attract visitors that would also give boost to the economy.
- Darren Chester encourages eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is urging eligible Gippslanders to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Special Charge Scheme to raise $400,000 for South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate to unlock investment in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council has declared a Special Charge Scheme to help fund an upgrade to the water supply at the South Bairnsdale Industrial Estate and allow the precinct to reach its full potential.
- These Girls & Boys Can Ride bike club supports local business along East Gippsland Rail Trail
What started as a bike ride with a few friends has turned into a group of over 100 members from across East Gippsland.
- Archibald prize 2021 to be hosted by Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale in October
Australia's favourite art award, the prestigious Archibald Prize for portraiture is coming to Gippsland.
- Municipal monitor appointed for 2021 South Gippsland Shire Election to restore confidence
A municipal monitor will be appointed to Council following the election in late October.
- Sandhill Road Reserve protects endangered Gippsland Red Gum Grassy Woodland vegetation
A project to restore land at Stratford once used for cattle grazing to a nature reserve, is now ready for the public to enjoy thanks to a collaboration between Wellington Shire Council and Avon Landcare Group.
- Baxter Park gets first synthetic soccer pitch Baw Baw Shire
Safer game play and improvements at Baxter Park synthetic soccer pitch is now open, but council is still seeking funding opportunities for the remaining project stages.
- Young Archie 2021 exhibition now open at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale
Gippslanders will get a unique first look at Australia's oldest and most prestigious art award when the Archibald Prize opens in Sale next week.
- Development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage in Gippsland get $42.9M funding from federal government
The Coalition government is backing the development of clean hydrogen and carbon capture and storage technologies in Victoria's Gippsland region, providing job and economic growth opportunities for the community.
- Latrobe City community and sporting groups get more than $300,000 funding from council Community Grants and Sponsorships Program
More than $300,000 will be distributed to local sporting, cultural and community groups in round two of Latrobe City Council's Community Grants and Sponsorships Program.
- Sixteen local clubs, groups and organisations awarded funding from Community Infrastructure Grant Program from East Gippsland Shire Council
Almost $500,000 will be handed out to 16 local clubs, groups and organisations, as part of East Gippsland Shire Council's latest round of community grants.
- Free adaptable community training in South Gippsland to recover from challenges of 2020
Free workshops for the community to join to help their organisations for more success.
- Maffra's Cameron Sporting Complex $9.5 million redevelopment in Wellington Shire officially opened
After a number of frustrating cancellations due to Covid-19 restrictions, an official opening was finally held today for the Cameron Sporting Complex redevelopment.
- Darnum and Nilma local sporting community celebrate the opening of the female friendly sports pavilion
Members of Darnum and Nilma's local sporting community gathered at the Darnum Recreation Reserve on Saturday to celebrate the official opening of the female friendly sports pavilion.
- Russell Northe encourages community support for Gippsland hospice at Churchill in Latrobe Valley
Online petition for state government to consider and explore opportunities to build a hospice in the local community.
- Darren Chester to proudly contest the seat of Gippsland in federal election on 21 May 2022
The Prime Minister has called a Federal election for May 21 and I will be contesting the seat of Gippsland.
- Five remote areas get improved mobile phone coverage in East Gippsland
Five remote areas in East Gippsland will receive improved mobile phone coverage thanks to Federal Government funding.
- Worker shortage will derail Victorian and Gippsland farms and agriculture businesses
The Andrews Labor Government has failed to step up to the plate to solve a desperate shortage of workers across Victorian farms and agriculture businesses.
- List of the best things to see in Gippsland for spring 2021
Spring is an amazing time to visit Gippsland with the fragrant gardens, thunderous waterfalls, and outdoor wanderings, events that are surely a must see.
- Landfill tender for South Gippsland out this weekend
Transfer stations and hard waste collection services to start on 3 July.
- Funding of $500M for road and infrastructure in West and Central Gippsland via Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
More road and community infrastructure projects will be rolled out across Monash, thanks to a further $500 million in funding for the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRCI) Program.
- Number of planning applications is good news for economic growth in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Shire Council is supporting the region's economic growth through well-considered planning decisions.
- Cancellations in Victorian public transport like Vline in Gippsland could be avoided with rapid testing for COVID
Victoria's public transport to be disrupted by underpreparedness of the system.
- Victorian Electoral Commission calls for candidates for the upcoming South Gippsland Shire Council election from 16 September 2021
Nominations to stand as a candidate for the South Gippsland Shire Council general election open on Thursday 16 September.
- Leongatha and Korumburra railway precinct developments get total of $6M funding from Regional Infrastructure and Building Better Regions
South Gippsland Shire Council received confirmation that the State Government will support the development of the Leongatha and Korumburra railway precincts.
- Over $270,000 of federal funding for indigenous projects in East Gippsland
Three Indigenous programs in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Federal Government's Indigenous Advancement Strategy.
- Darren Chester seeks explanation from Andrews Labor government on Eastern Beach Road works on extraordnary delay
Failure to upgrade a busy intersection in Lakes Entrance is putting residents at risk of serious injuries, according to Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Baw Baw Civic Precinct initial development gets $3.5M funding from Victorian government Growing Suburbs Fund
A landmark community precinct for the people of Warragul is now a step closer to reality, thanks to support from the Andrews Labor Government.
- Beekeepers share the buzz about access to Colquhoun Forest, near Nowa Nowa in East Gippsland
East Gippsland Councillors joined the Victorian Apiarists' Association and Gippsland Apiarist Association on a field tour of beekeeping sites.
- Over $4.77M invested by Liberal and Nationals Government for priority Gippsland projects to met local communities needs
Liberal and Nationals Government investing over $4.77 million in South Gippsland to help communities recover from the pandemic.
- Morrison government's $4.5B NBN upgrade will ensure West and South Gippsland will benefit from ultra-fast broadband by 2023
NBN Co has announced a seventh tranche of suburbs and towns across Australia that will become eligible to upgrade to NBN's Fibre to the Premises (FTTP).
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) will be more accessible for Gippslanders starting November 2022
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester has welcomed the announcement of the deregulation of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Licensing as part of the Federal Budget.
- Explore your backyard online this National Water Week with East Gippsland Water
Join us in an online learning festival to celebrate the national water week.
- Fingerboards Mineral Sands Project Environmental Effects Statement (EES) and Inquiry and Advisory Committee (IAC) hearing cost East Gippsland Shire Council $730,688
Total external cost hearing of the fingerboards mineral sands project.
- Application open for grants to find low cost ways for Gippsland farmers to measure carbon in soil
Grants of between $100,000 and $20 million are now open for innovators in Monash for projects to lower the cost of measuring carbon stored in soil.
- Federal Tourism Minister Dan Teham MP joins One Gippsland as board member
One Gippsland has welcomed an influential new member with Destination Gippsland joining the Board to help drive the alliance's tourism agenda.
- Maffra Play Precinct gets $320,000 upgrade from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
Young people in Maffra have an exciting new way to keep active with the completion of the Maffra Play Precinct.
- Key dates when running as a councillor in South Gippsland Shire Council election 2021
Local council election key dates.
- Latrobe Valley paper will continue to be sent by rail for export and distribution as key Gippsland freight service gets stimulus for Victorian government
Improvements on train tracks that will help ensure its daily runs.
- Roadside blackberry weed control for Macalister Irrigation District, Gippsland Lakes and Dargo areas in Wellington Shire
Program that reduces the spread of blackberry on the roadsides of Wellington Shire to protect the agricultural resources.
- Bairnsdale Aquatic and Recreation Centre awards local company A1 Solar & Electrical to install 100kW solar power system
East Gippsland Shire Council is tapping into the power of the sun to save on energy costs by installing its largest-ever solar system in one of its buildings.
- Paynesville Slip Road Maritime Precinct on Burrabogie Island upgrade underway with $6.1M funding from Victorian and federal government grants
Paynesville's much-anticipated Slip Road Maritime Precinct project on Burrabogie Island is progressing, with work on an improved design set to begin.
- Civil engineering scholarship $10,000 grant for Federation University Gippsland campus from Wellington Shire Council
Wellington Shire Council offering a $10,000 scholarship to a local student undertaking civil engineering studies at Federation University's Gippsland campus.
- Rapid COVID-19 testing key for getting regional and Gippsland VLine trains back on track
Lengthy shutdown to Victoria's regional train network is driving a push for rapid testing to be rolled out for staff across the public transport network.
- Celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community at Volunteer recognition events hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council
National Volunteer Week is an opportunity to celebrate the important role volunteers play in our community.
- 2021 Australian Netball Championships format revamped as September event at Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium postponed
The Australian Netball Championships will be played in a decentralised format this year, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to present significant challenges for sport.
- Congratulations to Fiona Weigall for making Victorian Top 50 Public Sector Women as a General Manager in East Gippsland Shire Council
The IPAA Victoria Top 50 Public Sector Women was announced at a function in Melbourne on Friday. Fiona said it was humbling to be recognised among the state's leading public sector female leaders.
- Screening 'Remote Connections' by Bass Coast Shire Council and Gippsland Disability Advocacy was huge hit
Council encourages you to get a cup of tea or coffee, sit back and relax whilst you watch 14 Bass Coast residents discuss their experiences over the next 50 minutes.
- Pandemic-driven property price rises putting the squeeze on Gippsland and other regional home buyers
Property and rental price hike in regional Victoria, while availability in other areas are dropping.
- Baw Baw shire businesses take out prestigious Gippsland Business Awards 2021
Businesses across Baw Baw and the region have been recognised for their outstanding contribution and achievements
- Farming events return to Wellington Shire such as the Sowing the Gap project, Farming for Success and East Gippsland Field Days
Building resilience from the ground up and preparing for a prosperous farming future is the common theme of a series of events to be held across regional Gippsland in the coming weeks and months.
- Landmark $30M multi-use community precinct state government funding for the heart of Warragul being pursued by Baw Baw Shire Council
Council to pursue support from the state and federal government for the multi-use community precinct that will help in the economic development and will also benefit the region.
- Plan an Alpine summer holiday in Gippsland for 2021/22
Fresh mountain air, explore twisty rivers, shady forests and welcoming alpine villages.
- How Labor is helping regional communities like Gippsland recover from storms
Funding made available to help communities recover from the storm.
- Tim Bull says Environment Minister Lily D'Ambrosio failure to ensure Buchan pool and East Cape Boardwalk are safe is disgraceful
Lack of comprehension and no appetite from the government to reopen Buchan, also, lack of interest in reopening it has disappointed many in the community.
- Three new breweries in from Orbost, Warragul and Traralgon helping put Gippsland on the beer lover's map
Three new breweries in Gippsland for you to visit.
- Warragul and Drouin precinct structure plans review adopted by Baw Baw Shire Council
Baw Baw Shire Council has adopted a review into key high-level masterplans for managing growth and development in Warragul and Drouin.
- Trafalgar multi-use pavilion and synthetic bowling rink official opens 5 March 2022
Trafalgar sporting clubs and community members have come together to celebrate the official opening of two major upgrades to the town's sporting infrastructure.
- Seniors invited to SOS - ABBA Tribute Concert at Bairnsdale Sporting and Convention Centre on 18 March 2022
Free concert to give the seniors opportunity to come together and enjoy the music of ABBA.
- Federal government provides $131.8M for local road maintenance in West and Central Gippsland under the Roads to Recovery funding
Local road maintenance in Monash will receive a boost thanks to funding under the Australian government's Roads to Recovery Program.
- Farm gate trails offering taste-led tours for locals and tourist for East Gippsland
Taste-led tours lets the region showcase high-quality Gippsland beef and excellent wild-caught seafood, along with quality wines, craft beer, olives and olive oil, chocolate and condiments.
- Landcare Australia gets bushfire environmental recovery boost of $3.8 million from federal wildlife and habitat recovery for East Gippsland
Nearly 20 projects in East Gippsland will receive funding to aid the recovery of native wildlife and habitat severely impacted by the 2019/20 black summer bushfires.
- Federal funding boost to upgrade Bengworden Road in East Gippsland
Upgrades for safety and improved driving conditions that will also help support local jobs.
- Federal government will fund $182 million of road and rail works in Gippsland during 2022-23
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester (pictured) says the Federal Government will fund $182 million worth of road and rail work in the region during the 2022-23 financial year.
- Kindergarten registration for 2023 in South Gippsland Shire now open
Three-year-old and four-year-old kindergarten registration for 2023 opens Sunday 1 May.
- Free online session on making community more resilient with Andrew Leigh and South Gippsland Shire Council CEO Kerryn Ellis
Q&A session with Andrew Leigh, author of Reconnected - A Community Builder's Handbook.
- Snowy River railway trestle bridge will boost tourism for East Gippsland
Council working and supporting the locals in the restoration of the trestle bridge that will give long-term benefits for the community.
- Rates notices issued in South Gippsland Shire
Contact the rate team for your revenue rates and concerns.
- Disaster assistance from federal funding for Bass Coast and South Gippsland after severe storms
Financial support now available to local governments in Bass Coast and Gippsland.
- Rowenna Dunn announced as new manager for the West Gippsland Arts Centre
Announcement of Rowenna Dunn as new manager of West Gippsland Arts Centre.
- Latrobe City community invited to 'Buy a Seat' to support local theatre at Gippsland Performing Arts Centre
Program aims to support free education and public programs, helping to provide greater access to our community.
- Free camping plan along crown river frontages sparks bushfire concern for Gippsland and regional Victoria
Figures reported this week show Forest Fire Management Victoria attended 1435 bushfires in the last financial year - 860 were caused by unattended campfires.
- Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Latrobe City Council is ready to partner with the new Labor Federal Government following the results of the Federal election over the weekend.
- Free camping at Omeo Recreation Reserve until 17 April 2020 as Omeo Caravan Park reopens for Easter
East Gippsland Shire Council remains committed to having the Omeo Caravan Park reopened in time for Easter.
- Budget and financial plan for 2021/22 adopted by South Gippsland Shire Council
Budget and financial planning 2021-22.
- Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms gets $42,000 for Tesla solar power and batteries from Gippsland Climate Change Network
Installation of energy storage battery at Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms that will help save money on electricity cost and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
- Top 12 best summer activities with kids in Gippsland for 2022
Summertime with the fam is the best time, and there are so many activities for the kids, family and kids to enjoy.
- Tickets on sale for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Tickets on sale for Archibald Prize at Gippsland Art Gallery.
- Five reasons to get to Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort in Gippsland this winter
Resort where kids can learn to ski or snowboard, or for the family to spend the holiday to.
- Stony Creek Racecourse with live music and local market stalls in South Gippsland on 19 February 2022
Relax and unwind at the gorgeous Stony Creek Racecourse on 19 February with live music in local market stalls!
- The Disability Gateway is new one-stop shop for support to people in Gippsland with a disability
People with disability can now access support team which includes information, programs and support available.
- Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal makes first determination on payment of councillor allowances for East Gippsland Shire
The Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal has made its first determination on the payment of mayoral, deputy mayoral and councillor allowances.
- Peter Walsh says rapid testing will help Melbourne and regions in Victoria like Gippsland open up and stay open
Rapid COVID-19 testing as the key to put Victoria back on track.
- Workshops on glass making, truffle hunting basket weaving and cooking by Gippsland operators
Explore other towns in Gippsland, with workshops that are set to free up your creativity.
- Latrobe City Community Fun Run 2022 organised by Traralgon Harriers to raise money for Gippsland Rotary Centenary House
The Traralgon Harriers' 24th annual DFP Recruitment Latrobe City Fun Run and Walk held on Sunday, 27 March 2022.
- Sun Cinema in Bairnsdale receives $60,000 as financial boost thanks to federal government SCREEN fund
A Gippsland independent cinema has received a financial boost thanks to the federal government's SCREEN Fund.
- Another horror month from VLine from commuters on Gippsland trains
V/Line's reliability plummeted to a record low last month, including on train lines to Gippsland and Bairnsdale.
- Community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct wanted from Baw Baw Shire Council
Council seeking community feedback on Drouin Commercial Place Precinct, the opportunity is now open for four weeks, closing on Thursday 26 May 2022.
- Calling for applications to chair Regional Development Gippsland committee
Positions are now open to lead the regional development committees.
- Federal Local Economic Recovery program funds $1.4 million for improvements to Buchan streetscape in East Gippsland
Buchan streetscape will be upgraded thanks to Federal Government funding through the Local Economic Recovery Program.
- Multi-million for bushfire recovery infrastructure projects is great news for East Gippsland
Funding announcements and grant received from council that would benefit the economy, as well as the community.
- Have your say on the draft concept master plans for the Baw Baw Shire sporting reserves for Warragul and Drouin
Council is seeking community feedback on the Sporting Reserve Concept Masterplans for Drouin and Warragul.
- Worsening Victorian healthcare crisis and hospital workforce neglect has left another Gippsland family in mourning
Tragically another Victorian has died as he waited more than three hours on an ambulance stretcher for emergency care.
- Buchan Recreation Reserve gets much-needed upgrade with $1.2M from federal Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
East Gippsland Shire Council will get the ball rolling on the much-needed upgrade of the Buchan Recreation Reserve.
- Omeo Recreation Reserve become temporary camp site as Omeo Caravan Park gets cleaned up after floods
East Gippsland Shire Council backed the establishment of an interim camping site at the Omeo Recreation Reserve.
- List of best Victorian beaches to visit this summer in Gippsland
Tips for your Gippsland beach discovery bucket list for you to visit and have fun with friends and family.
- Australia Day Awards ceremony at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve on 22 January
East Gippsland's Australia Day Awards ceremony will be held on Saturday 22 January at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve from 10.30am.
- Incredible cruising adventures around Wilsons Promontory in Gippsland for 2022
Discover Wilsons Promontory from the water, come and join the adventure visiting this incredible national park
- Black Spot program funded nearly $3 million for three projects in Baw Baw, Bass Coast and South Gippsland Shires for 2020-21
Installation of safety barriers and safety upgrades such as lighting, signage, traffic lights and roundabouts in Sand Road/Princes Way as part of the government's Black Spot Program.
- Bairnsdale Aerodrome gets $9.9M federal funding from Black Summer Bushfire Recovery program
Federal government announced the multi-million dollar boost for bushfire impacted communities across East Gippsland Shire.
- Head off with the kids on super-tasty food-focused road trip supporting local farm gates in East Gippsland
School holidays are approaching, so it's time to plan a road trip with the kids, a cooler bag and a picnic blanket.
- Honouring the Vietnam Veterans and Veterans Motorcycle Club of Gippsland Chapter
Member for Monash Russell Broadbent and Member for Narracan Gary Blackwood, honouring the Vietnam Veterans and Veterans Motorcycle Club - Gippsland Chapter.
- Justice Melinda Richards of the Victorian Supreme Court shuts down the majority of timber harvesting in East Gippsland
A decision by Justice Richards in the Supreme Court yesterday has delivered a shocking Christmas blow to timber industry workers in East Gippsland.
- No more excuses for Victorian Labor to delay worker fix for Gippsland farmers
The Andrews Labor Government has run out of excuses to delay fixing Victoria's farm worker shortage, after the Federal Government today confirmed details of Australia's ag visa program.
- Recyclables volume increases by 60 percent since the fees were removed in July 2021
East Gippsland residents have taken their recycling efforts to new levels, with East Gippsland Shire Council seeing a large increase in recyclables at its waste sites.
- Sarsfield community ecstatic after Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce funds new community hall, playground and other infrastructure from Community Development Grants Program
The East Gippsland community of Sarsfield celebrates the announcement of receiving funds under the Community Development Grants Program to construct new infrastructures.
- Bairnsdale residents getting improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services
Bairnsdale residents will have improved access to Centrelink and Medicare services when the Services Australia Service Centre in Bairnsdale undergoes an upgrade.
- Local emergency services for regional Victoria should feature in 2022-23 Victorian budget
Gippsland East Nationals MP, Tim Bull is hoping to see some key projects ticked off in next week's State Budget.
- Dan Andrews officially opened Morwell Trade Skills Centre (MTSC) as part of a $35.5M rejuvenation of TAFE Gippsland
The Andrews Labor Government is giving more Gippsland job seekers access to world-class trades training with the opening of a new multimillion dollar Morwell Trade Skills Centre at TAFE Gippsland.
- Community feedback for Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds and Glenview Park precincts masterplans from Latrobe City Council
Council has developed masterplans to redevelop the TRR&S and create a new community and events hub at Glenview park.
- More than $15 million federal money spent to reduce mobile phone black spots across Gippsland
Gippslanders are safer, and the economy has prospered because of more than $15 million being spent to reduce mobile phone black spots, according to the Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester.
- Mountain bike trails at Mt Baw Baw Alpine Resort are now open and perfect activity in Gippsland over summer
Biking season at Mt Baw Baw is now open, with essential bookings suited for your convenience.
- Wairewa Public Hall and Reserve gets $14,509 funding upgrades from federal Build Drought Resilience program
Two organisations in East Gippsland will benefit from funding as part of the Future Drought Fund's Networks to Build Drought Resilience program.
- Improved access to Electric Vehicle Charge Stations to support investment in the region to operate by July 2023
Several holiday towns within East Gippsland will soon have improved access to Electric Vehicle Charge Stations, after a push in the Victorian Parliament from local Nationals State MP, Tim Bull.
- Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project gets $2.5M federal funding to improve pathway to Gippsland water security
The Macalister Resilience and Critical Infrastructure project will receive $2.5 million in federal government funding.
- Call to federal government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is calling on the Federal Government to extend funding for the HeadtoHelp (H2H) program in Gippsland.
- Tambo Waste developed glass processing facility in Bairnsdale to maximise opportunities in recycled glass
Ever wondered what happens to your recycled glass bottles? Well, in East Gippsland they are now part of footpaths!
- Sale RSL receives $120,000 improvement grant from federal government under Veteran and Community Grants program
The home of Gippsland Veterans Welfare Centre in Sale is about to receive a new roof thanks to a $120,000 Federal Government grant.
- Over 200 people attend Saturday Australia Day Celebrations at Nowa Nowa Recreation Reserve
Australia Day Celebrations hosted by East Gippsland Shire Council the shire-wide awards tapped into the Australia Day theme of "We're all part of the story - reflect, respect, celebrate".
- Putting Patients First program from Andrews Labor government forgets to fund a new West Gippsland Hospital
The 2022-23 State Budget, with the slogan "Putting Patients First", has failed to deliver a new Hospital for West Gippsland.
- Lights upgrade for at Bellbird Park in Drouin and soccer pitch at Trafalgar Recreation Reserve
Winter sports have been illuminated in Drouin and Trafalgar thanks to three significant lighting upgrades delivered by Baw Baw Shire Council.
- Longer hours for early voting centres in Morwell, Traralgon, Sale, Bairnsdale and Lakes Entrance for 2022 Federal Election
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is predicting record numbers of pre-polling as early voting centres open today (Monday) across Gippsland.
- Australia day awards for 2020 nominations open for people that have gone above and beyond in South Gippsland Shire
Nominations are now open for the South Gippsland Australia Day Awards.
- Federal government' Financial Assistance Grant 2021-22 second payment for Bass Coast, Baw Baw, Latrobe City and South Gippsland Shire Councils
Local governments in Monash have received their second 2021-22 quarterly payment through the Federal Government's Financial Assistance Grant program.
- Darren Chester challenges Victorian Labor politicians to reject plan to shut down timber industry in Gippsland
Federal Member for Gippsland Darren Chester is challenging Victorian Labor politicians to reject the Andrews Government plan to shut down the native hardwood timber industry by 2030.
- Hopeful return of full duck season in Victoria for 2022 says Tim Bull
The Nationals Member for Gippsland East, Tim Bull said 2022 will hopefully see the return of a full duck season in Victoria.
- Vexatious court claims closes timber coupe for training Victorian essential service personnel at TAFE Gippsland
Timber coupe being used by TAFE Gippsland for training Victorian essential service personnel has been targeted by vexatious court claims resulting in its closure.
- Darren Chester in support of federal funding for improvement to Greenwattle Racecourse in Sale
Member for Gippsland Darren Chester and Sale Turf Club CEO Brad Evans discussing opportunities for Federal Government grants to support further upgrades at the Greenwattle Racecourse.
- Lichelle Clarke, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley and Jason Bargwanna inducted into Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame
Local sporting champions Lichelle Clarke PLY, Tania McLeish, Anne Skinner, Belinda Watts-Keeley, and Jason Bargwanna have been inducted into the Baw Baw Shire Sporting Walk of Fame.
- Even faster broadband coming for South and West Gippsland
Suburbs and towns across Australia to become eligible to upgrade to NBN's Fibre.
- Importance of regional not-for-profit aged care facilities in Gippsland
Victoria needs more residential aged care facilities and support to meet existing and future demand from an ageing population.
- Limited lockdowns a win for regional communities like Gippsland
A move to use limited lockdowns, by LGA, gives some long overdue relief and certainty to regional Victorian families, businesses and communities.
- Federal budget 2022-23 and the plan to strengthen West and South Gippsland
Summaries of 2022-23 budget and funding across West and South Gippsland.
- Expanded free TAFE turbocharges post-covid Victoria and Gippsland
Additional TAFE courses ensuring appropriate training for Victorian job seekers.
- Request for Wellington Shire businesses to list with council to be promoted to the 50,000 visitors for Archibald Prize exhibition in October at Gippsland Art Gallery
Council is encouraging the businesses and community groups to send their expressions of interest for the Archibald Prize exhibition.
- Draft economic development and visitor economy strategies for South Gippsland
The Draft Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies are now out for public comment.
- Tambo Waste gets $993,000 from federal Recycling Modernisation fund to improve materials recycling facility in Bairnsdale
A Gippsland business will upgrade its facilities to improve recycling capabilities thanks to Federal Government funding.
Failure to act on critical issues in Triple-0 by Andrews Labor government leaves Victorians mourning for the loss of a loved ones
Victorian Nationals continue to stand with regional Victorians who are committed to action on climate change
Bass Coast Shire Council to push new federal government to boost funding on priority projects
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium starts 2022 with over twelve major events to boost tourism for Latrobe City
Labor appoints Labor mate Ben Hubbard as the new Chair and Director of VicForests to put jobs through wood chipper
Latrobe City to work with federal government on $10M funding for next stage of Gippsland Logistics Precinct
Major mixed-use development in Paynesville town centre to give major economy boost
New multi-purpose facility for Tambo Crossing community opens thanks to federal and state governments funding of $426,000
Primary schools across East Gippsland encouraged to apply for Lone Pine seedling from Gallipoli