• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
By Portal Admin - 30th November 2020 - Back to News
Latrobe Valley students will be among those at 108 schools across the state to benefit from having maintenance works carried out at their school, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing today announced that four schools across the Latrobe Valley will share in $6.59 million of Planned Maintenance Program funding for essential work to grounds and classrooms such as fixing roofs and windows, painting, resurfacing floors and replacing windows, as well as repairing landscaping like pathways and stairs.
Boolarra Primary School will receive $125,000 for high priority maintenance works on the school’s Shelter In Place building. These works will be delivered by the Victorian School Building Authority on behalf of the school. The school will also receive $30,000 to address high priority maintenance works including cupboard repair, door repair, external floor repainting, external floor revarnishing, fascia repainting, handrail repair, lighting repair, roof repair, shade structure repair, surface revarnishing, wall repainting, wall repair and wall revarnishing.
Yinnar Primary School will receive $25,000 to address high priority maintenance works including door repair, downpipe repair, external floor revarnishing, fascia repainting, handrail repair, shade sail repair, shade structure repair, structural repair, switchboard repair, wall repainting, wall repair and wall replacement.
Thorpdale Primary School will receive $25,000 for high priority works to address the school's roof plumbing issues.
Trafalgar Primary School will receive $20,000 for high priority works to address the school's roof plumbing issues.
It adds to $6.3 million allocated to 109 schools in September under the same program. The Planned Maintenance Program provides funding for vital maintenance works based on need.
Works are determined via an evaluation system designed to provide up-to-date information on the condition of school infrastructure and create a more timely and targeted allocation of PMP funding.
Last year, every Victorian school shared in $515 million as part of the single largest boost to school maintenance ever undertaken.
This funding is ensuring existing buildings at Victoria’s 1,500 state schools are safe, modern and properly maintained.
The Labor Government is investing an unprecedented $7.2 billion in Victorian school infrastructure, which is delivering more than 1,460 school upgrades and 100 new schools by 2026 – ensuring every child can access a great local school where they can achieve their best.
Quotes attributable to Minster for Education James Merlino
"These works will deliver high quality classrooms and learning facilities for the students at Ballarat Specialist School."
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing
"This investment is delivering on our priority to ensure that every Victorian school is well maintained and safe so that every student can learn in the best possible environment."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- School Buildings Project Funding Announced
Local schools to receive funding for building upgrades and capital investments.
- School Photography Clicks Back into Action
Ban on professional school photography in Government schools has been overturned.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- School Dental Vans Back on the Road in Traralgon
Smile Squad free dental vans get back on the road for local school kids.
- Early Works Underway for Car Parks in the Latrobe Valley
Tests underway to determine feasibility of the eight preferred sites in Moe, Morwell and Traralgon.
- Local Choir Creates Connection and Celebration across Latrobe Valley
Inventive virtual choir promoting social connection and fun through music in the Latrobe Valley.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- More Testing Facilities Needed in Latrobe
Enhanced testing capacities in the Latrobe Valley urged.
- LV Seniors Missing Out on Travel Benefits Again
Latrobe Valley seniors, disadvantaged by changes to the distribution of travel vouchers for Pensioner Concession Card holders, Victorian Seniors Card holders and Victorian Carer Card holders.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- More Shade to Protect Tyers School Kids from Skin Cancer
More sunshades in school playgrounds and outdoor areas.
- Local Artists to Be Showcased Along Rail Trail
Latrobe Valley artists will have the chance to showcase their work along one of the region’s most scenic recreational trails.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- $2.5 Million for Cowes Cultural Centre
Demolition of the old site is underway, while construction of the new facility will start in early 2021 and is expected to take 12 to 14 months.
- Mixed Bag Budget for the Valley
Long approved projects in the community sitting idle.
- Work Starts on Churchill School Upgrades
Architect appointed to design the Churchill school’s upgrade.
- Northe Calls for Budget for Big Builds
Russel calls for meaningful support for economic recovery to the Latrobe Valley. It is important the local economy could be stimulated and encouraged with valuable developments in the region.
- New Initiative Opens Cultural Doors for Locals
Distance and transport will no longer be a barrier for Latrobe Valley residents wanting to attend cultural events in the regional city.
- Dancers in the Running for National Award
Latrobe City dancers has made the finals of the Australian Dance Awards.
- Nominate a Top Senior
Latrobe City Senior Citizen of the Year award, now open for nominations.
- Award Winning Exhibition Coming to the Valley
Da Vinci Machines Exhibition arrives in February 2021, to be hosted by a Morwell Art Gallery.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.
- Career Development Boosted across Gippsland
Free online Micro-Credentialing of Enterprise Skills Program.