• Add My News • Search Old News
Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
By Portal Admin - 22nd October 2018 - Back to News
The Nationals Candidate for Morwell, Sheridan Bond has urged the Latrobe Valley community to get behind the campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
Ms Bond today met with parents from the Latrobe Special Developmental School who are anxious about Andrews Labor Government plans to co-locate the school with Traralgon Secondary College on Grey Street.
"The Nationals have been campaigning for quite some time for a new special development school in Traralgon and are very concerned at the Labor government’s plans to force a merger with Traralgon College, said Ms Bond.
"The funding provided in this year’s budget for both schools set alarm bells ringing earlier in the year with families, but comments made by the local Labor member in the Latrobe Valley Express last week have really raised concerns in the community.
"Co-locating Latrobe Special Developmental School with Traralgon College is not a good idea and would not be welcomed by the school, students, teachers or the wider community. It does not cater for individual needs and it does not ensure the safety and wellbeing of the students.
"My friend and colleague Melina Bath, The Nationals Member for Eastern Victoria Region, tabled a petition in parliament earlier this year with 2,723 signatures calling for the government to urgent provide funding for a new Latrobe Special Developmental School.
"Meeting today with the parents, it is abundantly clear that the school community is aghast at the prospect of co-location with a main stream school.
"Labor is now backtracking all over the place. The question is why did they announce joint funding in the budget for the two schools together when they are two separate entities?
"I will continue to fight for funding for a new special developmental school in Latrobe Valley if elected and make sure our community has the best possible facilities for children with special needs and their families.
Sheridan Bond and Melina Bath with concerned Latrobe Special Developmental School parents.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Road Safety Boost for Sale Specialist School
Improving safety around the Sale Specialist School with electronic speed signs.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Tertiary Education Roundtable Looks to Our Future
Bass Coast Shire Council hosts discussion on progressing tertiary education investment in the Shire.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Community Spirit Shines Bright for Flynn Hall Makeover
A 97-year-old building can serve the community once again, thanks to the people of the small Latrobe City township of Flynn.
- Century Milestone for Community Facility and Event Grants
More than 100 community projects now realised with support from the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community Facility Fund.
- Domestic Wastewater Management
Public Draft of Latrobe City’s Domestic Wastewater Management Plan released.
- Good Chef, Bad Chef to Feature at Sister Cities Festival
‘Good Chef’ Rosie to cook at Latrobe City Council’s Sister Cities Festival on Friday 9 November at the Moe Botanical Gardens.
- Tarwin Valley Primary School Upgrade a Step Closer
AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the Tarwin Valley Primary School.
- Community Input Needed for Off-Leash Areas
Community input needed on potential off-leash beach areas.
- Community Grants Give Groups Fundraising Boost
Thirty-three community groups awarded at the presentation of Round 2 of the 2018 Community Grants Program.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Building a Community Hospital on Phillip Island
Re-elected Andrews Labor Government to deliver the Phillip Island Community Hospital in Cowes.
- Van Driel Resignation
Chief Executive Officer of Latrobe City Council resigns.