• Add My News • Search Old News
Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
By Portal Admin - 22nd October 2018 - Back to News
The Nationals Candidate for Morwell, Sheridan Bond has urged the Latrobe Valley community to get behind the campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
Ms Bond today met with parents from the Latrobe Special Developmental School who are anxious about Andrews Labor Government plans to co-locate the school with Traralgon Secondary College on Grey Street.
"The Nationals have been campaigning for quite some time for a new special development school in Traralgon and are very concerned at the Labor government’s plans to force a merger with Traralgon College, said Ms Bond.
"The funding provided in this year’s budget for both schools set alarm bells ringing earlier in the year with families, but comments made by the local Labor member in the Latrobe Valley Express last week have really raised concerns in the community.
"Co-locating Latrobe Special Developmental School with Traralgon College is not a good idea and would not be welcomed by the school, students, teachers or the wider community. It does not cater for individual needs and it does not ensure the safety and wellbeing of the students.
"My friend and colleague Melina Bath, The Nationals Member for Eastern Victoria Region, tabled a petition in parliament earlier this year with 2,723 signatures calling for the government to urgent provide funding for a new Latrobe Special Developmental School.
"Meeting today with the parents, it is abundantly clear that the school community is aghast at the prospect of co-location with a main stream school.
"Labor is now backtracking all over the place. The question is why did they announce joint funding in the budget for the two schools together when they are two separate entities?
"I will continue to fight for funding for a new special developmental school in Latrobe Valley if elected and make sure our community has the best possible facilities for children with special needs and their families.
Sheridan Bond and Melina Bath with concerned Latrobe Special Developmental School parents.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Valley Power Stations
Possible early closure of Latrobe Valley Power Stations
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe – Gippsland’s Unemployment Rate at Record Low
3.2 per cent regional unemployment in Latrobe-Gippsland says Australian Bureau of Statistics data.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Infrastructure Barriers to Latrobe City Investment and Jobs
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Fun, Fact and The Famous at This Year’s Latrobe Literary Festival
Diverse program mix in this year's Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
A call for support for #BuildingLatrobe.
- Delivering Jobs for The Latrobe Valley
Businesses encouraged to register their interest.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Developing an Aquaculture Industry in Latrobe Valley
Andrews Labor Government partners with a premium barramundi supplier to start aquaculture facility in Latrobe.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Latrobe Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- Road Safety Boost for Sale Specialist School
Improving safety around the Sale Specialist School with electronic speed signs.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Tertiary Education Roundtable Looks to Our Future
Bass Coast Shire Council hosts discussion on progressing tertiary education investment in the Shire.
- Northe to Advocate for the Valley at Budget Time
Russell Northe to ensure the Latrobe Valley region is not ignored when it comes to investment and new jobs for the region.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Community Spirit Shines Bright for Flynn Hall Makeover
A 97-year-old building can serve the community once again, thanks to the people of the small Latrobe City township of Flynn.
- Century Milestone for Community Facility and Event Grants
More than 100 community projects now realised with support from the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community Facility Fund.
- Domestic Wastewater Management
Public Draft of Latrobe City’s Domestic Wastewater Management Plan released.
- Good Chef, Bad Chef to Feature at Sister Cities Festival
‘Good Chef’ Rosie to cook at Latrobe City Council’s Sister Cities Festival on Friday 9 November at the Moe Botanical Gardens.
- Tarwin Valley Primary School Upgrade a Step Closer
AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the Tarwin Valley Primary School.
- Community Input Needed for Off-Leash Areas
Community input needed on potential off-leash beach areas.
- Community-Led Road Safety Initiatives Funded
VicRoads Community Road Safety Grants Program's 1.3 million fund for road safety awareness.
- Community Grants Give Groups Fundraising Boost
Thirty-three community groups awarded at the presentation of Round 2 of the 2018 Community Grants Program.
- Community Satisfaction Survey Results Are In
Year-on-year improvements with 2019 Local Government Community Satisfaction Survey.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- Community Grants Attract Record Applications
Numerous applications requesting over $285,000 in grant funding.
- Community Input Needed on Masterplans
Future of Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes and Harold Hughes Reserve in Corinella.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Local Sporting Club Becomes GovHub Casualty
No club anymore for Latrobe Valley Squash members.
- Magistrates Proceedings
Flamin Donuts and Not Maccas in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates proceedings this week.
- Backing Community Projects in Baw Baw
Support for community projects across Baw Baw Shire.
- Council Seeks Community Feedback on Draft 2019/20 Budget
Wanted: Community Feedback for Draft 2019/20 Budget.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Building a Community Hospital on Phillip Island
Re-elected Andrews Labor Government to deliver the Phillip Island Community Hospital in Cowes.
- Van Driel Resignation
Chief Executive Officer of Latrobe City Council resigns.