Latrobe Local News:
Business Support Vouchers Now Available
$1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns
By Portal Admin - 22nd September 2020 - Back to News
Latrobe City Council is working with business operators to help ease the immense challenges they are facing during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Council adopted a $1.7M Business and Community Support and Recovery Package in June this year in response to COVID-19 shutdowns.
A key component of Council’s Business and Community Support and Recovery Package is the addition of a Latrobe City Business Support Voucher Program targeted towards small businesses that have been impacted significantly by COVID-19.
Latrobe City ‘Business Support’ vouchers can be used by businesses to access services, advice, or expertise provided by a local service provider. The intent of the voucher program is to provide local small businesses with a voucher to access the support of local professional services, such as, but not limited to, financial, legal, media and digital, marketing and communication, business coaching, human resources, and mental health and wellbeing.
The vouchers aim to support existing businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19 by helping business operators to:
- Develop a better understanding and key networks of local professional service available to businesses in Latrobe City
- Think strategically and for key personnel to work on the business, not just in the business.
"Latrobe City Council recognises that COVID-19 has placed tremendous financial pressures on local businesses," Latrobe City Council Mayor Cr Dan Clancey said.
"As thriving businesses are essential to our City’s economy, Council must help business operators to continue to operate where possible, to continue to provide valuable services and products to our communities, and to offer ongoing employment. This voucher support program will go some way towards doing that."
To be eligible for the ‘Business Support’ voucher, applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be based within the municipality of Latrobe City. Applications open on Monday 14 September and close on Friday 27 November. Vouchers must be used within three months of issue date, unless otherwise agreed.
Businesses can apply online via SmartyGrants: https://latrobe.smartygrants.com.au/Voucherprogram
Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis and applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within five business days.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Business Support Fund to Close Soon
Applications for the State Governments Business Support Fund Expansion program, to close over the coming days.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Funding through the Government’s Business Adaptation Grants program will support the retraining of 30 employees in COVID-safe processes and the use of new equipment.
- Agribusinesses Supported to Adapt to Pandemic Conditions
Business Adaptation Grants program has been extended.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Small business support
Threat of more lockdowns continues to decimate business confidence.
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- No Support for Cellar Doors Closed for Coronavirus Shutdowns
No business support for family-run cellar doors.
- Supporting the Landcare Jobs that Protect Eastern Victoria’s Environment
8.967 million to support the Victorian Landcare Program and environmental volunteering.
- Voucher Program Supports Businesses
Council’s Business Support Voucher program to help local businesses.
- Council backs businesses with Small Business Grants
A well governed grant that would help enable businesses to create investment opportunities and employment that would benefit the community.
- Eastern Victorian businesses going digital for Covid normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- Government called upon to support local businesses – Northe
A call for the Government for a commitment that all goods, services and contracts are not taken away from regional businesses.
- Transition Support Funding for Students with Disability
Extra support to transition from their final year of education into post-schooling pathways
- Northe calls for greater support for regional small businesses
Queries about small businesses that has not been answered by the government.
- Council working to help Business Access Outdoor Dining Assistance
$87.5 million Outdoor Eating and Entertainment Package ready to assist local businesses.
- Sole Trader Support Fund Applications Now Open
Victorian Governments Sole Trader Support Fund is now open for application.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- Ramping up support for local sports infrastructure
Government to help improve the wellbeing outcomes and participation of communities through high-quality recreation infrastructure.
- Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
14 Million in funds through the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program (VESEP) to enable volunteer organisations.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Council Grants Support the Community
138 projects funded through its Community Grants and Community Sponsorship programs.
- Latrobe City Council supports hydrogen industry
Council project that would help support in the city’s economy.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- New mental health jobs and support for the Latrobe Valley
Postgraduate nurses for mental health scholarship being appreciated.
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- Northe Continues Call for Sole-Trader Support
Wanted: support for local businesses currently excluded from the Victorian Business Support Fund.
- Now is time to register your pet
Registering and having your pet microchipped as part of being a responsible owner.
- Plan Now for Winter Firewood Needs
From September 1, designated firewood collection areas opened across Victoria.
- Grants Available to Preserve Local History
Encouraging local historians to apply for a share in $350,000 to preserve,record and share history.
- Register Now to Detox your Home
Detox Your Home: free service to dispose of unwanted toxic chemicals.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Council welcomes VinFast to Bass Coast
VinFast to establish business in Bass Coast that will help support local jobs, while also acknowledging the value of the surrounding bushland.
- Community satisfaction survey now underway
Survey phone calls to be conducted to assess the council's performance,to identify areas in need of improvements and more effective service.
- Council advocates for Latrobe City in Canberra
City needs support to overcome the loss of jobs and business impacts of energy station early closure.
- Community Safety Grants Now Open
Open application for grants through Government's Building for Safer Communities Program.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Planning for Aquatics Centres Underway
Business Case that include operational and concept plans to prepare Phillip Island Aquatic and Leisure Centre and a redeveloped Bass Coast Aquatic and Leisure Centre in Wonthaggi.
- Dine Outdoors this Summer
Council, local business and tourism groups to promote and encourage people in outdoor dining to help boost the economy.
- Community Sport Survival Package Second Round Open
Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Survival Package – Round 2
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Liberal Nationals Release New Plan to get Victorians Back to Work and Back in Business
Victoria needs a bold plan.
- Labor’s Bushfire Recovery ‘Plan’ Long Overdue
Rolling old money up in a new press release delivers nothing for families, businesses and communities in East Gippsland and north east Victoria hit by January’s catastrophic bushfires.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- Lockdown triggers surge in demand for mental health support
Victorian's plea to have their emotional and financial trauma to be prioritised by the government.
- Community Motorsport Program Funding Open
First motorsport and motorcycling funding program to back community clubs, participants and encourage greater female participation.
- Community Food Relief Fund Applications Open
Launch of the State Governments $5 million Community Food Relief Fund
- Local Festivals and Events go Digital
Activities will be supported through the Government’s Multicultural Festivals and Events program, encouraging 148 community organisations across Victoria to get creative and move their events online.
- Community Engagement Policy approved
Government act to improve council performance through community engagements.
- Northe calls for budget for big builds
Russel calls for meaningful support for economic recovery to the Latrobe Valley. It is important the local economy could be stimulated and encouraged with valuable developments in the region.
- 2021 Duck Season
Letter of support for the rights of legitimate hunters.
- Sporting Club Grants Now Open
2020/2021 Sporting Club Grants are now open for application.
- Used Lead Acid Battery (ULAB) recycling facility at Hazelwood North
Council to continue strong support and ensure community sentiments will be communicated with the government.
- Animal welfare grants now open
Animal welfare fund grants are now open for applications.
- Council secures additional outdoor dining funds
Additional funds granted to support the local businesses.
- Empowering Eastern Victorians to take charge of their energy bills
Government project that will support and bring community owned and operated renewable energy.