• Add My News • Search Old News
Peter Walsh MP:
Jobs And Funding Cut under Labor’s ‘Plan’ For Regional Development
No funding cut for Regional Development Victoria after current review is finished.
By Portal Admin - 30th August 2019 - Back to News
The future of Victoria’s only government department dedicated to supporting jobs growth and community development in Regional Victoria is under threat.
Today, the Andrews Labor Government failed to rule out more job and funding cuts from Regional Development Victoria (RDV) once the current review is finished.
This latest uncertainty comes after a $130 million cut to RDV’s administration funding in the May State Budget.
In the past five years, Daniel Andrews has gutted RDV and crippled its capacity to support jobs growth and community development in rural and regional Victoria.
We’re hearing reports of more job cuts, significant cashflow problems and delays of more than 12 months for grant assessments and regional leaders are rightly questioning how much longer RDV will survive.
Given the $130 million cut to RDV’s administration funding, plus the failure to renew the $500 million Regional Growth Fund in the May State Budget, this will only get worse for our regional communities under Labor.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- Fighting for Jobs in Victoria's Timber Sector
Victoria’s $7.32 billion timber industry are being destroyed.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Regional Victoria to Take Third Step
In the Third Step you can form household bubbles.which will allow households across regional Victoria to choose one other household to be in a bubble. You can visit them in their home and they can visit you – with up to a total of five visitors.
- Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Victoria comes out of the second wave.
- Regional Roadmap Goes in Wrong Direction
Concerns for many local businesses with Regional Roadmap.
- Statement on Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Towards recovery with the Third Step.
- Dan’s Plan to Close Meat Processors will put Food Security at Risk
Coronavirus outbreaks at meatworks under control is threatening the supply of food to supermarket shelves.
- Plan Now for Winter Firewood Needs
From September 1, designated firewood collection areas opened across Victoria.
- Draft Climate Action Plan 2020-24 Endorsed by Council
The Plan identifies a number of actions to undertake to achieve the objective of zero net emissions over the next 10 years and to ensure a climate resilient community.
- Statement on COVID Restrictions for Regional Victoria
Regional Victoria re-entering Stage 3 COVID restrictions this week.
- Dinosaur Trail Master Plan Launches into Action
$250,000 allocated from 2020/21 Budget to complete the Master Plan.
- Annual Budget Adopted
Highlights of the Budget include funding for the planning and/or design of a number of significant, intergenerational projects.
- Reconciliation Action Plan Endorsed
Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022 focuses on relationships, respect for culture, opportunities and governance.
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Victorian Timber Workers an Endangered Species under Labor
Code of Practice for Timber Production 2014 will do nothing to protect jobs.
- Labor’s Bushfire Recovery ‘Plan’ Long Overdue
Rolling old money up in a new press release delivers nothing for families, businesses and communities in East Gippsland and north east Victoria hit by January’s catastrophic bushfires.