• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
By Portal Admin - 16th February 2019 - Back to News
Sports clubs are encouraged to apply for $500,000 in VicHealth grants now up for grabs.
The latest round of VicHealth’s Active Club Grants, open today, provides grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs to help get people moving.
Harriet Shing encouraged local clubs to apply for the funding to help them create more opportunities for Eastern Victoria Region residents to become more active and improve their health.
Clubs applying for Active Club Grants funding can indicate if they would like to be considered for an additional $2,000 grant to promote This Girl Can – Victoria, to encourage women in their local community to get active.
This year’s Active Club Grants make it simpler and easier to apply, with a new process to ensure club administrators can spend less time on administration.
To apply or learn more, visit the VicHealth website at vichealth.vic.gov.au/activeclub before round two closes at 4:00pm on Friday, 8 March.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing
"This is about making grassroots sports in Eastern Victoria Region more accessible, so everyone can get involved in the sports they love."
"I urge local sporting groups to take the opportunity and have a go at getting these funds to help more people get moving."
Quotes attributable to Minister for Health Jenny Mikakos
"Grassroots sports clubs give people of all ages the chance to get active and feel socially connected."
"Playing sport is a great way to boost physical and mental health. These grants will empower sports clubs to get even more Victorians involved."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- Newborough Bulldogs Score Upgraded Lighting
Newborough Bulldogs gets a funding boost.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- More Funding Announced For Environment Volunteers in Eastern Victoria
Opening of the 2019-2020 Victorian Landcare Grant.
- Funding Extension for Council’s Rural Access Program
Support for disability with Building Inclusive Communities ‘Rural Access’ Program.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Funding Helps Seal the Deal
Round two for multiple local road projects.
- Boosting Renewables and Cutting Energy Costs in Gippsland
Two Gippsland community groups shares in $1.1 million worth of grants for renewable energy projects.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Great Local Ideas Secure Funding Through Pick My Project
vital funding through Pick My Project
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Country Race Clubs Will Be Winners under Liberal Nationals
Grassroots country racing clubs gets share of industry funding.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Country Racing Clubs Worse Off While Labor Plays Favourites
Andrews Government refused to boost support to smaller clubs.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Eastern Victoria Locals Urged to Take Care on Quad Bikes
A renewed call for vigilance on and around all-terrain vehicles or quad bikes.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Grants Help Eastern Victoria Music Venues Be Good Neighbours
Good Music Neighbours applications, now open!
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Honouring Eastern Victoria’s Inspiring Seniors
Nominations are now open for community contributions by seniors and organisations.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Morwell Rose Garden Festival Funding
A $100,000 Federal Government funding to expand the Morwell Rose Garden Festival.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- Victoria’s Public Housing Gardening Talent in Full Bloom
Victoria’s most outstanding public and community housing gardens awarded.
- Slam Dunk for Traralgon Sports Stadium
Traralgon Sports Stadium transformation underway.
- Extra Rehabilitation Beds for Victorian Youth
New youth residential rehabilitation facility to be established in Gippsland.
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- Bass Coast joins Application for Rural Council Transformation Program Funding
Bass Coast Shire Council applies for funding to establish the next stage of a shared services entity in Gippsland.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- No Plan, No Money for Regional Victoria Under Labor
Premier blows the budget on metro projects, but no plans for Regional Victoria.