• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
By Portal Admin - 16th February 2019 - Back to News
Sports clubs are encouraged to apply for $500,000 in VicHealth grants now up for grabs.
The latest round of VicHealth’s Active Club Grants, open today, provides grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs to help get people moving.
Harriet Shing encouraged local clubs to apply for the funding to help them create more opportunities for Eastern Victoria Region residents to become more active and improve their health.
Clubs applying for Active Club Grants funding can indicate if they would like to be considered for an additional $2,000 grant to promote This Girl Can – Victoria, to encourage women in their local community to get active.
This year’s Active Club Grants make it simpler and easier to apply, with a new process to ensure club administrators can spend less time on administration.
To apply or learn more, visit the VicHealth website at vichealth.vic.gov.au/activeclub before round two closes at 4:00pm on Friday, 8 March.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Region, Harriet Shing
"This is about making grassroots sports in Eastern Victoria Region more accessible, so everyone can get involved in the sports they love."
"I urge local sporting groups to take the opportunity and have a go at getting these funds to help more people get moving."
Quotes attributable to Minister for Health Jenny Mikakos
"Grassroots sports clubs give people of all ages the chance to get active and feel socially connected."
"Playing sport is a great way to boost physical and mental health. These grants will empower sports clubs to get even more Victorians involved."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Local Project Funding for Baw Baw Shire
Growing Suburbs Fund expanded to include Baw Baw Shire Council, to support the local area’s growing needs.
- New Sign at Morwell’s Town Entrance
New decorative sign installed at the Commercial Road entrance to Morwell.
- New Courts for Waterline Towns
A new tennis court with an acrylic playing surface and new perimeter fencing and lighting at Corinella’s Harold Hughes Reserve.
- New Home for Gippsland Ranges Roller Derby
Gippsland Ranges Roller Derby settling into new home at the Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- New Program to Carry on Work
This comes as the National Disability Insurance Scheme’s funding for the RuralAccess Program, which has been running in Bass Coast since 2001, ends on 30 June.
- New Minister No Excuse to Delay Fixing Regional Rail
VLine has regularly failed to meet performance targets.
- New Local Activities to Better Support Carers
$1 million package of grants to improve the health and wellbeing of carers.
- New Local Activities to Better Support Carers
$1 million package of grants for carers in Gippsland.
- New Home for Squash In The Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Leisure Centre in Churchill will be upgraded to become the home of squash in the Latrobe Valley.
- New Lights for Bass Recreation Reserve
Lighting upgrades around the oval at the Bass Recreation Reserve underway.
- New Kinder Hub Opens in Morwell
Minister for Education James Merlino today opened the $6.5 million integrated children’s centre.
- Local Sports Clubs across Eastern Victoria to Survive and Thrive
Successful clubs gets $1,000 grant.
- Funding Boost for Latrobe Valley Sporting Clubs
Facility upgrades in Latrobe Valley for hundreds of avid sportspeople to enjoy.
- A New Train for Apex Park
Design work for this project is now complete.
- Funding for Roundabout Beautification
Regional Roads Victoria is currently constructing these roundabouts.
- More Funding to Keep Women and Children Safe
Women experiencing or at risk of family violence and their children will continue to get access to the services with a two-year funding package for women’s health services across Victoria.
- Northe Welcomes New Volunteer CFA Station for Newborough
$2.3 million in funds to build a new volunteer CFA station for Newborough.
- Victorian Hospitals Receive New Equipment and Infrastructure
Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group to share in $60 million from the latest funding round of the Medical Equipment Replacement Program and the Engineering Infrastructure Replacement Program.
- Kicking Goals at New Morwell Recreation Reserve Oval
The $3.5 million synthetic oval, funded by Latrobe Valley Sports and Community Initiative administered by the Latrobe Valley Authority, now opens.
- School Breakfast Clubs Expansion to Help Eastern Victorian Students Thrive
Healthy breakfasts, lunches and school holiday supplies to students living in Eastern Victoria.
- Construction to Begin on New Morwell CFA Station
Morwell community better protected with construction of a $11.6 million fire station.
- Grants to Get Sports Back on track in Eastern Victoria
100 million in grants dedicated to supporting grassroots players, volunteers and building sports infrastructure.
- Making It Easier To Connect - New Website Launched
Latrobe's outdated website platform replaced.
- Flu Shots Available from May
Council nurses will administer free flu vaccinations through the Government's National Immunisation Program.
- Morwell Electorate Sporting Clubs Set to Kick Goals for Health
More opportunities to get active and play sport with sporting clubs being funded.
- Safety First as Students Start New School Year
Drivers urged to take extra care around schools as Victorian students return to classrooms this week.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Sporting Clubs Set to Kick Goals for Health
More opportunities to get active and play sport.
- Awards Recognise Eastern Victorian Early Years Professionals
Families, early childhood professionals and early years support organisations in Eastern Victoria are encouraged to nominate themselves or others for Victorian Early Years Award.
- Round 2 Drought Funding
Three local projects proposed to be considered for drought relief funding.
- Free Cleaning Grants for Kinders in Eastern Victoria
$2.6 million in grants available to all early childhood services delivering a funded kindergarten program to boost their cleaning and hygiene during this pandemic.
- Clean Energy Boost to Create Jobs and Save Money in Eastern Victoria
Latest round of funding for the New Energy Jobs Fund (NEJF) announced.
- Victoria Continues to Lead Despite Economic Headwinds
Victoria remained to be the best performing economy in Australia.
- Victoria Exposed to Disease Risk unless AG Scientist Job Cuts are Reversed
Unexpected decision to close the Victorian Pig Services Centre (VPSC) should be reversed.
- More Community-Led Projects Receive Funding
Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City to share in more than $500,000 of funding.
- Minor Capital Grants Open for Government Schools in Gippsland
Government schools can apply for a new $20 million Minor Capital Works Fund to fund minor school capital projects at government schools across Victoria.
- Morwell Makes it Mark as AFL Centre of Excellence
The new all-weather training oval measures 120 by 90 metres and was officially opened in a huge boon for local sporting clubs, community groups and elite pathway programs.
- Grants to Support Local Creative Recovery
$26,000 grants to support local creatives to rebound, recover and explore new business opportunities.