• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
By Portal Admin - 22nd October 2018 - Back to News
The Hon Darren Chester MP, Member for Gippsland today, officially launched the concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct, one of Latrobe City’s major infrastructure projects.
The Commonwealth and Victorian governments have each contributed $10 million, with Latrobe City Council committing to $12.65 million.
Latrobe City Council’s mayor, Councillor Darrell White, said the delivery of the concept design made the Creative Precinct more than just a nebulous idea.
"We can now see the design. It’s the next step in what is going to be an exciting journey towards delivering this cultural centre that will see a new 750 seat theatre, associated conference and training rooms, café and complimentary outdoor spaces along with refurbishment of the current performing arts centre.
"When it is built, the new theatre will bring the corner of Church and Kay Streets alive," Cr White said.
Becon Constructions has been selected as the preferred builder to tender for the project under an Early Contractor Involvement process. The design team also includes Jackson Architecture in association with Katsieris Origami.
"Becon has extensive experience in building projects of this size and scale and, just as importantly, they bring a lot of local knowledge, local skills and local employees to the project.
"Services works will commence onsite in late 2018, with the major component of construction starting early in 2019 and we anticipate that the Latrobe Creative Precinct will be open by about September 2020," Cr White concluded.
The concept design will be made available on the Latrobe City Council website and will be on display in the Morwell, Traralgon, Churchill and Moe Service Centres and libraries as well as in the foyer of the Latrobe Performing Arts Centre.
The community can also see the concept designs at a pop-up marquee event on the Latrobe Creative Precinct site on Friday 26 and Saturday 27 October, from 9am to 4pm.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Works Commence at Latrobe Creative Precinct
Latrobe Creative Precinct excavation works commencing on site this week.
- Latrobe City Mentors Donate 6,800 Hours to Local Learners
Latrobe City Mentors will provide 6,800 hours supervising local learner drivers with its 10-year anniversary.
- Latrobe City Law Enforcement Special Olympics Torch Run
Special Olympics Torch Run Tour to Latrobe City by Victoria Police and Special Olympics Australia.
- Latrobe City Traffic School Hosts Gippsland Bike Ed Challenge
Regional championship at the Latrobe City Traffic School in Morwell.
- Latrobe Valley Residents Paint the Town Proud
Newly transformed public places across the Latrobe Valley for resident to enjoy.
- Latrobe City Welcomes our Newest Citizens
Newly naturalised Australian citizens from countries including Italy, Russia, Iran, Sri Lanka and the Philippines, warmly welcomed at Latrobe City Councils second Citizenship Ceremony.
- Latrobe City Relocates Emergency Relief Centre Servicing Displaced East Gippsland Residents
Opening of an Emergency Relief Centre at the Morwell Recreation Reserve to assist East Gippsland Shire during the bushfire emergency.
- Latrobe City Council Appoints New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Dan Clancey elected as Mayor and Cr Alan McFarlane as deputy.
- Latrobe City Assists Displaced East Gippsland Residents
Support escalated with the opening of an Emergency Relief Centre at the Morwell Recreation Reserve, Travers Street Morwell.
- Latrobe City Showcase Defence Capabilities
70 businesses discussed supplier partnership opportunities with Rheinmetall Defence Australia.
- Latrobe City say ‘Thanks for the hand’
Volunteers received a special gift to acknowledge the contribution they make to the community.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Hazelwood Power Station closure.
- Safe & Strong Latrobe Executive Leadership Forum
Focus on gender equality and prevention of family violence in the business sector at Latrobe Executive Leadership forum.
- Smile Squad to Visit Latrobe Valley Kids from Term One
Free dental program is rolled out to more schools in term by Smile Squad one next year.
- Turning Vacant Places to Local Creative Spaces in Eastern Victoria
Projects to develop new creative spaces under Regional Coworking Spaces and Creative Places program.
- Defence Sector Prospects for Latrobe City
Business delegation led to Latrobe City Council showcasing the specialist business and industry expertise available in Latrobe City connected to the defence sector.
- Garden Talent in Full Bloom in Latrobe City
Gardening skills of Latrobe City residents recognised at the Latrobe City Garden Competition awards night.
- Brown Coal to Produce Hydrogen in Latrobe Valley
Pilot project launched at the Loy Yang Power Station where J-Power Latrobe Valley Pty Ltd (J-Power) to produce hydrogen from brown coal.
- W-League Soccer to be Showcased in Latrobe City
Latrobe City hosts elite level women’s soccer at the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium, Morwell between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers.
- Driving Better Car Parking Across the Latrobe Valley
Investment on new free car parks for the Latrobe Valley: Moe added to the Regional Car Park’s Fund.
- New Home for the Voice of Latrobe
Latrobe Health Advocate moves into a new home in Morwell CBD.
- Ballet under the Stars Comes to the Latrobe Valley
Australian Ballet’s free outdoor gala event Ballet Under the Stars will visit the Latrobe Valley.
- Brancourts Closure a Blow for the Latrobe Valley
Tough times for 30 local employees of Brancourts’ Traralgon processing plant.
- Senior Trade and Investment Commissioner visits Latrobe City
Mr Peter McGauran visits Latrobe City.
- Keeping the Legacy of our Veterans Alive in Latrobe City
Keeping alive the legacy of local veterans with funding to support the Yinnar Cenotaph Lighting Project, the Traralgon Cemetery Trust War Memorial Precinct and the Traralgon RS Sub-Branch rental of a giant screen for ANZAC Day 2020.
- Swinburne Bachelor of Design student Holly Barbour’s volunteering efforts spread across Victoria and span the Tasman
Swinburne design student, Holly Barbour, who is an avid volunteer in Gippsland (while working, studying and having a social life!).
- Gippsland Business Festival a big success for Latrobe City
Huge turnout of business owners and entrepreneur’s at ‘Tom O’Toole – Ingredients of Success’.
- Grant Round Open for Local Crime and Safety Solutions - Latrobe Valley
$25 million investment in the Community Crime Prevention Program.
- Parliament Climate Change Hearing for Latrobe
Public hearing to tackle climate change in Victorian communities next week.
- Sustainability at the Forefront for the Design of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre
Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre - first public aquatic facility in Victoria to incorporate a geothermal heating system.
- Are You Ready To Get All Revved Up?
Latrobe City’s inaugural motorsport celebration event - Latrobe Motorfest.
- Garden Competition
Latrobe City Council’s annual garden competition now open.
- Northe seeks Premier’s Support of Local Quarry Industry
Support sought for ongoing issues that prevents the Latrobe Valley (LV) Quarry industry from achieving their potential.
- Experts Appointed to Run Traralgon Youth Rehab Beds
New youth residential rehabilitation service in the Latrobe Valley to run by alcohol and other drug support agencies.