• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
By Portal Admin - 22nd October 2018 - Back to News
The Hon Darren Chester MP, Member for Gippsland today, officially launched the concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct, one of Latrobe City’s major infrastructure projects.
The Commonwealth and Victorian governments have each contributed $10 million, with Latrobe City Council committing to $12.65 million.
Latrobe City Council’s mayor, Councillor Darrell White, said the delivery of the concept design made the Creative Precinct more than just a nebulous idea.
"We can now see the design. It’s the next step in what is going to be an exciting journey towards delivering this cultural centre that will see a new 750 seat theatre, associated conference and training rooms, café and complimentary outdoor spaces along with refurbishment of the current performing arts centre.
"When it is built, the new theatre will bring the corner of Church and Kay Streets alive," Cr White said.
Becon Constructions has been selected as the preferred builder to tender for the project under an Early Contractor Involvement process. The design team also includes Jackson Architecture in association with Katsieris Origami.
"Becon has extensive experience in building projects of this size and scale and, just as importantly, they bring a lot of local knowledge, local skills and local employees to the project.
"Services works will commence onsite in late 2018, with the major component of construction starting early in 2019 and we anticipate that the Latrobe Creative Precinct will be open by about September 2020," Cr White concluded.
The concept design will be made available on the Latrobe City Council website and will be on display in the Morwell, Traralgon, Churchill and Moe Service Centres and libraries as well as in the foyer of the Latrobe Performing Arts Centre.
The community can also see the concept designs at a pop-up marquee event on the Latrobe Creative Precinct site on Friday 26 and Saturday 27 October, from 9am to 4pm.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe – Gippsland’s Unemployment Rate at Record Low
3.2 per cent regional unemployment in Latrobe-Gippsland says Australian Bureau of Statistics data.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe Valley Power Stations
Possible early closure of Latrobe Valley Power Stations
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Infrastructure Barriers to Latrobe City Investment and Jobs
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Fun, Fact and The Famous at This Year’s Latrobe Literary Festival
Diverse program mix in this year's Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Delivering Jobs for The Latrobe Valley
Businesses encouraged to register their interest.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Upgrade of Netball Precinct at Inverloch Recreation Reserve
Upgrades to Inverloch-Kongwak Football Netball Club.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Developing an Aquaculture Industry in Latrobe Valley
Andrews Labor Government partners with a premium barramundi supplier to start aquaculture facility in Latrobe.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Latrobe Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- Guide Park Concept Plan
Feedback are welcome on concept plan to uprade Wonthaggi Guide Park.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Domestic Wastewater Management
Public Draft of Latrobe City’s Domestic Wastewater Management Plan released.
- Good Chef, Bad Chef to Feature at Sister Cities Festival
‘Good Chef’ Rosie to cook at Latrobe City Council’s Sister Cities Festival on Friday 9 November at the Moe Botanical Gardens.
- Northe to Advocate for the Valley at Budget Time
Russell Northe to ensure the Latrobe Valley region is not ignored when it comes to investment and new jobs for the region.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Unauthorised Building Works Result In Fines for Owner
Successful legal action by Latrobe City Council against a Morwell property owner
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Local Sporting Club Becomes GovHub Casualty
No club anymore for Latrobe Valley Squash members.
- Magistrates Proceedings
Flamin Donuts and Not Maccas in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates proceedings this week.