• Add My News • Search Old News
Latrobe Local News:
W-League Soccer to be Showcased in Latrobe City
Latrobe City hosts elite level women’s soccer at the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium, Morwell between Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney Wanderers.
By Portal Admin - 15th December 2019 - Back to News
W-League Soccer is coming to the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium, with Melbourne Victory to host the second placed Western Sydney Wanderers in the much anticipated round four clash.
In their first home game of the 2019/20 season, fifth place Victory come into the clash fresh off their participation in the Women’s Club Championship in South Korea, where they were the first Australian club to play in the inaugural pilot edition of the tournament.
A new look squad, the Latrobe City clash will provide Victory and Gippsland sporting fans with an opportunity to see elite sporting women right here in our backyard including this seasons international signings.
An opening training session will be hosted by Melbourne Victory this Friday 6 December from 4pm at the Latrobe City Sports and Entertainment Stadium.
The round four contest kicks off at 4pm on Saturday 7 December. Tickets are available at the gate with children under the age of 12 free.
A curtain raiser game will commence ahead of the main contest at 2.15pm, with Latrobe Valley Soccer League Under 18 clubs Sale to do battle against East Gippsland.
The game will be lived streamed to a large viewing audience.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe City Council’s Draft Budget 2020-21
Reduced tourism and decreased revenue considered in Latrobe City Council’s Draft Budget 2020-21.
- Latrobe City Celebrates Australia Day Award Winners
Australia Day celebrated by honoring community members.
- Latrobe Regional Hospital Steps Up for Patients
Latrobe Regional Hospital has continued to perform strongly in treating and caring for patients - providing operations to 100 per cent of the Category 1 urgent elective surgery patients.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Taking Shape
Latrobe Creative Precinct takes shape with construction of the fly tower set to take centre stage in the coming weeks.
- Nominate now for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
Nominations for 2021 Australia Day Awards now open.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Latrobe Valley Yacht Club (LVYC) entering into dialogue with the Lake Wellington Yacht Club is bittersweet news for many in the Latrobe Valley community.
- Latrobe Valley Regional Rehabilitation Strategy
Rehabilitation of Latrobe Valley’s brown coal mines announced.
- Latrobe Youth Space Development to Generate Local Jobs
4.3 million to design, develop and run the Latrobe Youth Space in Morwell to support young people.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Update
State-of-the-art performing arts centre, Latrobe Creative Precinct update.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Sporting Clubs Set to Kick Goals for Health
More opportunities to get active and play sport.
- Latrobe to Receive Additional Police
More police resources will be dedicated to regional areas of Victoria including in Latrobe.
- Funding Boost for Latrobe Valley Sporting Clubs
Facility upgrades in Latrobe Valley for hundreds of avid sportspeople to enjoy.
- Helping Children in The Latrobe Valley get the most out of Kindergarten
Extra support for learning and development for kinder kids.
- Helping Children in the Latrobe Valley Celebrate with Free Activities
Support for local communities across the state to host fun and free activities on this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- Designs Unveiled for Latrobe Regional Hospital Revamp
Artist impressions released for the massive expansion of Latrobe Regional Hospital.
- $19,184 Awarded to Latrobe to Keep Communities Safe
Addressing local crime and safety issues with the Community Safety Fund.
- Additional Support for Latrobe Valley Businesses
Latrobe Valley Business and Industry Capability Fund will provide up to $1 million to support early-stage businesses in the region.
- Welcome to Latrobe City
New signs to the entrance to the city.
- A Look Inside The Latrobe Creative Precinct
Architect’s artist impression of the state-of-theart performing arts centre at the launch of the Latrobe Performing Arts 2020 Season.
- Local Cleaning Crews Spritz and Blitz Latrobe City Centres
Huge cleaning blitz around Latrobe City.
- New Home for Squash In The Latrobe Valley
Latrobe City Leisure Centre in Churchill will be upgraded to become the home of squash in the Latrobe Valley.
- More Police for Baw Baw, Bass Coast and Latrobe to Support Safer Communities
Additional 80 officers allocated to the police division that serves the local community to boost police resources.
- Illegal Dumping in Latrobe City
Increase in illegal dumping across the municipality.
- Small Business Bus Brings Advice on Wheels to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland
Access support and government business services as Small Business Bus visits.
- Kerbside Collection in Latrobe City
E-waste in kerbside side collection has risen and so does concerns for a potential incident.
- Backing Community Groups across the Latrobe Valley
13 grant recipients will share in the funding from the Labor Government's Latrobe Valley Authority's Community and Facility Fund.
- Latest Victorian Health Performance Data Released for Latrobe Hospital
Despite the significant interruptions caused by the pandemic, hospitals and ambulances continued to manage activity well, even as they quickly began preparations to increase capacity ahead of the predicted pandemic peak.
- Honouring the Legacy of our Veterans in the Latrobe Valley
More opportunities to remember and honour veterans through various projects to build and repair memorials, preserve stories and ensure their wellbeing.
- Productive Meeting with Victorian Rail Advocate
Latrobe City Council met with the Victorian Rail Advocate Jill Walsh to hear first-hand information about rail transport needs and promote manufacturing capacity.
- Building Work at Home
Latrobe City residents uses the COVID-19 social distancing restrictions as opportunity to undertake building and maintenance work at home.
- Tree Replacement to Begin for Commercial Road Freeway Entrance Improvement
Latrobe City Council committed to improving the aesthetic of the freeway entrance at Commercial Road
- Extension Project to Benefit Impounded Animals
Latrobe City Council pound will provide the animals with more room for exercise and socialisation.
- Continuing to Deliver for the Community
Latrobe City Council continues to deliver all essential services and has adopted innovative ways.
- Six Steps sets G.E.T. on Path to Success
Latrobe City Council is again running the Six Steps to Business Success Program in 2020.
- Library Closures Shine a Light on Digital Access and Older Resident Care
Latrobe City Libraries continues to deliver.
- More Community-Led Projects Receive Funding
Baw Baw Shire and Latrobe City to share in more than $500,000 of funding.
- Planning Picks Up despite Pandemic
Planning permit applications across Latrobe City have increased despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Victorian Hospitals Receive New Equipment and Infrastructure
Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group to share in $60 million from the latest funding round of the Medical Equipment Replacement Program and the Engineering Infrastructure Replacement Program.
- LRG Becomes the First Gippsland Gallery to go Online
Latrobe Regional Gallery is now offering virtual tours of several exhibitions
- Even More Organisations without a Home
Plight of several Latrobe Valley sporting and community organisations that have lost access or are soon to lose access to their facilities emphasized.
- Kicking Goals at New Morwell Recreation Reserve Oval
The $3.5 million synthetic oval, funded by Latrobe Valley Sports and Community Initiative administered by the Latrobe Valley Authority, now opens.