• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
By Portal Admin - 9th February 2019 - Back to News
The Morwell Historical Society building on Hazelwood Road is one of 13 new community projects to benefit from Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community and Facility Fund, with Morwell Historical Society receiving a $12,539 grant for heating and cooling upgrades to ensure year-round comfort.
The project is among the latest round of grants awarded under the Fund, bringing the total funding amount for facility upgrade projects and events to over $11 million since the grants program commenced two years ago.
The latest round of funding from Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community and Facility Fund, totals over $750,000 and includes the following projects:
- Morwell Historical Society ($12,539) to replace inefficient gas heating with four Daikin air conditioners, an electrical switchboard and the kitchen gas hot water.
- Tyers Recreation Reserve ($262,417) to upgrade the existing sports lighting, a new LED lighting system to improve lighting, lower costs and increase participation.
- arcYinnar ($4,500) to fund planning for the redevelopment of their exhibition, art studio and community activity space in Yinnar.
- Warragul Woodworkers Club ($47,084) to install a fixed dust extraction system to reduce exposure to dust in the shed.
- Sale Bridge Club ($11,183) for heating and cooling upgrades at the Main Hall of the Sale Masonic Lodge to improve comfort for Sale Bridge Club members.
- Yinnar Bowls and Recreation Club ($34,931) to extend and modify the Club’s veranda to provide additional sun and rain protection, including adding a BBQ shelter for all-weather Club and community use.
- Gippsland Asbestos Related Disease Supports Inc. ($79,848) to install ducted heating and cooling, solar power, a DDA-compliant unisex toilet, a security upgrade, painting and new computer hardware and software.
- Jack Canavan Oval ($74,695) to install drainage to the northern and eastern boundaries of No. 1 Oval, and perimeter fencing between the western side (carpark) and around No. 2 Oval.
- Briagolong Tennis Club ($50,783) to install shaded seating, fencing between the player/spectator area and the Reserve vehicle access road and tennis court parking, and add disabled access to the courts and facility.
- Warragul Croquet Club ($14,787) to improve security, widen an access pathway, and install steps and rails to eliminate potential slip hazards.
- Airly Clydebank Public Hall Inc. ($142,432) for new toilets, to widen doorways, designate disabled parking, install external ramps and pathways, as well as upgrades including solar panels, a water tank, heating and cooling, and upgrades to the kitchen.
- Tarra Territory Tourism ($11,450) to install a public and interactive art work at Yarram Memorial Park.
- Traralgon Girl Guides ($12,125) to upgrade security lighting, fire detection systems, and air conditioning.
From previous funding the Morwell Historical Society have replaced the roof of the facility, and received a $5,000 grant for the 2017 Morwell District Boer War Commemorative Service.
The Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community and Facility Fund supports community-led initiatives and projects that help make the region a great place to live and work.
For more information about the Community and Facility Fund go to www.lva.vic.gov.au or phone 1800 136 762.
Quotes attributed to Harriet Shing MP, Member for Eastern Victoria
"This latest round of Community Facility Fund grants continues to build community strength, pride, knowledge and participation across the region and will make a practical and positive difference to every one of the local organisations that has been successful."
"Morwell Historical Society’s grant will enable more visitors to discover the region’s rich history year-round, with welcome upgrades to its heating and cooling systems."
Quotes attributed to Karen Cain, CEO, Latrobe Valley Authority
"It’s great to see local community groups taking advantage of our Community and Facility Fund, which is giving new life to and securing the future of many of our important community facilities."
"Congratulations to the volunteers at Morwell Historical Society for continuing to ensure our local history is preserved and treasured."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion Officially Opened
Latrobe Synthetic Sports Field Pavilion was officially opened on Wednesday.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Concept Design Launched
Concept design for the Latrobe Creative Precinct launched today!
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct – Sod turning Ceremony
Commemoration: beginning of construction of the Latrobe Creative Precinct.
- Latrobe City Council 2019/2020 Draft Budget and Draft Rating Strategy 2019-20
Budget draft considers investment in generational assets for population growth and enhanced liveability.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Latrobe City Council Successfully Pursues Legal Action
Legal action against two individuals in relation to breaches of the Building Act 1993
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Latrobe Boost to Emergency Ambulance Arrivals
Data shows Ambulance arrtival at the scene of emergencies two minutes quicker in the March quarter.
- Latrobe City Libraries Seeking Feedback
Feedback needed on City Library collections.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Electrifying Boost to Jobs in the Latrobe Valley with electric car plant
Latrobe Valley to become the capital of electric vehicle manufacturing in Australia.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Youth Space Latrobe Seeks Ideas from Young People
Branding the Youth Space Latrobe in Morwell welcomes ideas from the youth.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Bond backs Latrobe drug rehabilitation facility
Sheridan Bond calls for a dedicated drug rehabilitation centre in the Latrobe Valley.
- Inequity Continues for Latrobe Valley Commuters
Still no support for public transport services and prices for Latrobe Valley commuters.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Toll Disparity to Hit Latrobe Valley Pockets
Disappointment as Victorians forced to fund the building of the West Gate Tunnel project.
- Stars Aligned For Latrobe in Country Cricket Coup
Big Bash League charging into the Latrobe Valley.
- Fun and Learning at Latrobe City’s Children’s Expo
Fun activities in the annual Latrobe City Children’s Expo on Thursday 25 October at Kernot Hall.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Tarwin Valley Primary School Upgrade a Step Closer
AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the Tarwin Valley Primary School.
- Rewriting the Score – Latrobe Regional Gallery
12 metre installation at Latrobe Regional Gallery titled REWRITING THE SCORE.
- Nominations close soon for Latrobe City’s Australia Day Awards
2019 Australia Day Awards nominations.
- Building a Bigger and Better Latrobe Regional Hospital
Massive expansion set for the Latrobe Regional Hospital at Traralgon.
- Bond Backs Gippsland Tertiary Education Council to Address Latrobe Valley Skill Shortage
Discussion for the region’s shortage of diesel mechanics and the return of the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Northe asks what RET means for Latrobe Valley
North emphasized the need to understand associated modelling and potential impacts on Latrobe Valley workers, contractors, families and businesses with VRET.
- The Bridge of No Return’ exhibition at Latrobe Regional Gallery
Lyndal Jones at Latrobe Regional Gallery.
- Fun, Fact and The Famous at This Year’s Latrobe Literary Festival
Diverse program mix in this year's Latrobe Literary Festival.
- Northe to Advocate for the Valley at Budget Time
Russell Northe to ensure the Latrobe Valley region is not ignored when it comes to investment and new jobs for the region.
- Lighting Up Sport across the Latrobe Valley
Installation of 300 new lux LED lights in Newborough and Traralgon.
- Northe Calls for RV Rest Site for Latrobe Valley
Policy Initiative for a Recreational Vehicle (RV) stopover in Latrobe Valley unveiled.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Asbestos Taskforce Kicks Off in the Latrobe Valley
Asbestos taskforce first meeting for the Latrobe Valley.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Safe and Strong Latrobe
Safe and Strong Latrobe, designed to prevent violence against women.
- Energy Programs Deliver Jobs for the Latrobe Valley
Driving down energy prices with installation of microgrids.
- Backing Community Projects in Latrobe
Support for community projects in Latrobe.
- Creating Spaces for Young People in the Latrobe Valley
Youth-focused hub formally opens!
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Boosting Safety and Reliability on Latrobe Roads
Reliable and safe roads with Fixing Country Roads Program.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Community Spirit Shines Bright for Flynn Hall Makeover
A 97-year-old building can serve the community once again, thanks to the people of the small Latrobe City township of Flynn.
- Century Milestone for Community Facility and Event Grants
More than 100 community projects now realised with support from the Latrobe Valley Authority’s Community Facility Fund.
- Community Grants Give Groups Fundraising Boost
Thirty-three community groups awarded at the presentation of Round 2 of the 2018 Community Grants Program.
- Community Input Needed for Off-Leash Areas
Community input needed on potential off-leash beach areas.
- Community-Led Road Safety Initiatives Funded
VicRoads Community Road Safety Grants Program's 1.3 million fund for road safety awareness.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Costa to Celebrate Community at Rose Garden Festival
Costa Georgiadis at Latrobe City Council’s Rose Garden Festival.
- Community Grants Attract Record Applications
Numerous applications requesting over $285,000 in grant funding.
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Community Input Needed on Masterplans
Future of Blue Gum Reserve in Cowes and Harold Hughes Reserve in Corinella.
- Backing Community Projects in Baw Baw
Support for community projects across Baw Baw Shire.
- Council Seeks Community Feedback on Draft 2019/20 Budget
Wanted: Community Feedback for Draft 2019/20 Budget.
- Building a Community Hospital on Phillip Island
Re-elected Andrews Labor Government to deliver the Phillip Island Community Hospital in Cowes.
- Boosting Community Safety in Traralgon
Funding for the Traralgon Reserves and Pathways Lighting Improvements project announced.