• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Delivering a Great Local School for Traralgon
Massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School with a re-elected Andrews Local Government official.
By Portal Admin - 16th December 2018 - Back to News
Traralgon families will get the world-class local school their kids deserve, with a re-elected Andrews Labor Government to deliver a massive upgrade to Traralgon (Kosciuszko Street) Primary School.
Labor will invest $2.89 million to demolish Block A which contains asbestos and replace it with a brand new permanent building.
Every child should have a good local school and the chance to succeed in life, and only a re-elected Andrews Labor Government will deliver that for kids in Traralgon.
The Liberals slashed $1 billion out of our education system, leaving schools to crumble and decay across the state.
In contrast, the Andrews Labor Government has invested more than $3.8 billion to build new schools and upgrade 1,300 schools across the state since coming to office four years ago.
That means thousands of Victorian kids now go to school every day and learn in new classrooms with better technology and facilities, like new gyms and science labs.
Building on this work, Labor will also open 100 new schools across the state over the next eight years.
The school building boom has also supported 5,000 construction jobs for Victorians right around our state.
Only Labor will keep delivering for Victorians with more new schools and upgrades to existing schools across the state.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Education James Merlino
"The Liberals closed schools and cut funding to our education system and given the chance, they’ll do it again."
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing
"A re-elected Andrews Labor Government will ensure that the teachers, staff and students at Kosciuszko St Primary have the bright, modern and fit-for-purpose facilities that they need."
Quote attributable to Labor Candidate for Morwell Mark Richards
"This is a great local school with a bright future and it deserves facilities that match. Only Labor can be trusted to deliver the facilities that students and staff need."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Delivering a Great Local School for Lakes Entrance
$1 million towards an upgrade at St Brendan's School.
- Local Schools to Remain Independent
No merger for local schools.
- Great Local Ideas Secure Funding Through Pick My Project
vital funding through Pick My Project
- Local Green Thumbs Win Big In ABC Gardener of The Year Awards
Hazelwood North couple, Denise and Athol Brand named state finalists in the 2018 ABC Gardener of the Year Awards.
- Local Moe Company Wins Manufacturer of the Year
Medium-sized business Manufacturer of the Year named.
- Local Sporting Club Becomes GovHub Casualty
No club anymore for Latrobe Valley Squash members.
- Traralgon College and Latrobe Special Developmental School Upgrade a Step Closer
Hede Architects Pty Ltd appointed to design Stage 1 of the Traralgon Education Regeneration Project.
- Delivering More Reliable Services for Gippsland
More frequent and reliable train services and more travel choice for Gippsland locals from a re-elected Andrews Labor Government.
- Delivering For Country Football and Netball Clubs
Another chance to upgrade grounds, courts and pavilions.
- Delivering Better Transport for Gippsland and The Bass Coast
Andrews Labor Government to invest $157,000 to improve transport services across South Gippsland and the Bass Coast.
- School’s Back after Summer
School Zone speed limits are also back in effect
- Delivering Jobs for The Latrobe Valley
Businesses encouraged to register their interest.
- Fixing Local Roads in Bass Coast Shire
Bass Coast Shire gets help to fix local road network with $100 million Fixing Country Roads Program.
- Funding Boosts Local Sports Clubs in Morwell Electorate
Get active as four local sporting clubs gets funded.
- Boosting Our Local Community Halls
Bundalaguah & Myrtlebank Hall gets major refurbishment.
- Tarwin Valley Primary School Upgrade a Step Closer
AOA Architects appointed to design a S500, 000 upgrade of the Tarwin Valley Primary School.
- Northe’s Tribute to Local Service Men and Women
Tribute to men and women following ANSAC Day.
- Building the Best School Facilities for Warragul
Bright and modern facilities with the opening of GLA building at St. Paul's Anglican Grammar School.
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- Temporary Traralgon Library Hours
Traralgon Library closing.
- Help To Grow Local Events
Bass Coast Shire Council meets up to create strategic plan to attract events to Bass Coast.
- Keeping Our Promises and Delivering for Gippsland
Promises turning to realities for Gippsland.
- Slam Dunk for Traralgon Sports Stadium
Traralgon Sports Stadium transformation underway.
- Parliamentary Tributes for Local Achievers
Tribute to local recipients of recent Queens Birthday award.
- Works on Track for the Traralgon to Morwell Shared Pathway
Continuing works on the Traralgon to Morwell shared pathway.
- Sport Loan to Help Latrobe Valley Locals Make a Splash
A $10 million loan for the transformation of the Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre and the Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium.
- Northe Puts Spotlight on Improved Local Health Services
Ambitious target to half the Victorian suicide rate by 2025.
- Gippsland Line Upgrade Supporting Local Jobs
This $95 million project supports local jobs.
- 32,000 Fish Stocked in Time for School Holidays
School holidays optimised to get more people fishing more often.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- Upgraded Facilities for Trafalgar High School
Bigger, better school facilities for Trafalgar.
- Crime Prevention Grants On Offer to Local Communities
Public Safety Infrastructure Fund (PSIF) applications are now open.
- Free Text Books for Secondary School Students
Promise of new free textbooks for secondary schoold students if the Nationals get elected.
- Trout Stocking Bonanza for School Holidays
More than 30,000 catchable size rainbow trout stocked into almost 80 waters state-wide.
- All Politics is Local
Bass Coast Shire Council supports the Australian Local Government Association’s (ALGA) Federal Election Advocacy campaign titled ‘All Politics is Local’
- Building Upgrades at Wonthaggi Primary School
Important new works for the Wonthaggi Primary School soon!
- Northe Calls for Improvements to Tyers School Crossing
Northe calls to enhance pedestrian safety at the Tyers Primary School crossing on Main Road.
- Northe Calls for Support to Address Terrible Statistics in Local Men’s Health
Calls for additional support to tackle Prostate Cancer
- Drouin to Host Spartan Kids Race Next School Holidays
Spartan Australia kids’ race comes to Baw Baw Shire for the first time.
- Upgraded Classrooms and Facilities for Kurnai College
Bigger, better classrooms and school facilities.
- Upgraded Labtrobe Valley Sports Facilities on their Way
Work starts in building Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre (GRAC) and Traralgon Indoor Sports Stadium transformation.
- Upgrade of Netball Precinct at Inverloch Recreation Reserve
Upgrades to Inverloch-Kongwak Football Netball Club.
- Boosting Community Safety in Traralgon
Funding for the Traralgon Reserves and Pathways Lighting Improvements project announced.
- Road Safety Boost for Mirboo North Primary School
Improving safety around Mirboo North Primary School and Mirboo North Secondary School with electronic speed signs.
- Road Safety Boost for Bass Coast Schools
Improvements for kids and families' safety around Inverloch/Kongwak Primary School and Newhaven College.
- Keeping Our Promises to Eastern Victoria Region
Local families will benefit from brand-new Baby Bundles, new and expanded School Breakfast Clubs and the next stage of our Solar homes program.
- Lowanna College Unveils Upgraded Classrooms and Facilities
Bigger, flexible learning spaces and school facilities unveiled!
- Road Safety Boost for Sale Specialist School
Improving safety around the Sale Specialist School with electronic speed signs.
- Safety Work Complete Between Longwarry and Traralgon
Safer travels between Longwarry and Traralgon with Princes Highway.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- Road Safety Boost for Lakes Entrance School
Introduction of electronic speed signs to improve safety around St Brendan’s Primary School in Lakes Entrance.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.