Harriet Shing MP:
Victorian Hospitals Receive New Equipment and Infrastructure
Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group to share in $60 million from the latest funding round of the Medical Equipment Replacement Program and the Engineering Infrastructure Replacement Program.
By Portal Admin - 19th March 2020 - Back to News
More of the Latrobe Valley’s patients will get the high quality and safe care they deserve with the Andrews Labor Government giving hospitals the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure so they can continue doing what they do best – saving lives.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing MP today announced the Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group were two of 26 health services around the state to share in $60 million from the latest funding round of the Medical Equipment Replacement Program and the Engineering Infrastructure Replacement Program.
Cutting-edge equipment funded as part of the programs includes CT units, digital X-ray units, ultrasounds, operating room microscopes and heart imaging equipment such as transesophageal echocardiogram units.
Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group will receive more than $2.5 million between them for water reticulation, medical equipment, infrastructure and safety upgrades.
It’s part of the Labor Government’s $7 billion pipeline of health infrastructure projects - the largest health building program in the state’s history.
A record $2.5 billion investment in our health system will help meet the needs of our growing state, meaning that more patients will receive care, treatment and surgeries sooner.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing MP
"The Latrobe Valley’s patients deserve the very best and safest care possible. That means giving our dedicated doctors and nurses the highest quality tools and facilities, so they can do their job keeping us healthy and saving lives."
"New state-of-the-art medical equipment and better hospital infrastructure will ensure more Victorians can get the world-class care they need, when they need it most, closer to home."
"This funding boost for Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group will help maintain a high standard of care and provide a safe environment for their patients."
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- New Infrastructure for Latrobe Regional Hospital
Hospitals across the state will receive the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure.
- Our regional hospitals must stay local
Merging local hospitals to regional hospitals, and its effect on giving the health needs of patients and quality service.
- Vulnerable Victorians waiting days in hospital ED for mental health beds
Government must prioritise processing and fixing Victoria’s mental health system.
- Regional Victorians still in a state of uncertainty
Government has not made agreements to make Victoria stable.
- Victorian Learn Local Awards 2021 nominations now open - Gippslanders apply
Recognising everyone’s efforts and hard work in the education sector through awards, and making a difference in the Victorian lives.
- Families separated, sick Victorians wait for care as hospital waitlist crisis worsens
Government’s failure in securing and ensuring health care to come first is causing more distress to Victorians.
- Victorian Shooters Targeted by Labor Government’s ‘Overreach’
Unsolicited threat to take away firearms licences.
- Victorian Timber Workers an Endangered Species under Labor
Code of Practice for Timber Production 2014 will do nothing to protect jobs.
- Victorian family violence offences surge to record high
Labor’s failure to implement all the recommendations resulted to increasing family violence in the state of Victoria, having the state with the highest number of family related violence.
- Latrobe City Council calls for Victorian government to support for timber industry
Release of code of practice for timber industry that has been on a long delayed by the state government.
- Eastern Victorian businesses going digital for Covid normal
Launch of the Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program.
- 2021 Victorian Youth Parliament Program Applications Now Open
Youth Parliament program to encourage youth in raising awareness on important issues.
- Liberal Nationals Release New Plan to get Victorians Back to Work and Back in Business
Victoria needs a bold plan.
- Impact of lockdown on regional Victorian and Gippsland jobs and businesses
Lockdowns keep bringing Victorians into struggle without much support from the government.
- 2021 Victorian junior landcare and biodiversity grants now open
Grant application encouraging young people in protecting the environment.
- Infrastructure, roads and footpaths prioritised in Baw Baw Shire draft budget 2021/22
Baw Baw Shire community members can look forward to a range of new projects and upgrades over the coming year.
- New Regional COVID Rules a Mixed Bag
Mixed views on COVID-19 restrictions for Regional Victorians.
- Gippslanders are owed an explanation for Victorian Government backing imported timber over the local product says Darren Chester
Call for a review with the government decision in importing timber instead of using Victoria’s good quality timber.
- Massive black hole in Victorian government budget for regional areas like Gippsland
Government’s failure on projects and creating jobs for the locals, attempting to hide the real status of what was promised.
- Latrobe Valley Receives Vital Recovery Funding
Chambers of Commerce and Trader Groups provide critical advice, connections and resources to businesses in the Latrobe Valley and these grants will be crucial in helping them to support members’ transition to COVID Normal.
- Multi-million for bushfire recovery infrastructure projects is great news for East Gippsland
Funding announcements and grant received from council that would benefit the economy, as well as the community.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Business Chambers Receive Vital Funding
Funding from Grants for Business Chambers and Trader Groups awarded.
- COVID lockdowns leave Victorian kids' mental health worse than any other state, study finds
Lockdown effects on young Victorian’s mental health.
- Baw Baw Council welcomes Victorian government funding to support flood and storm recovery
Baw Baw Shire Council welcomes the announcement of financial support from the Victorian Government to assist with our recovery efforts in the wake of the devastating storms that have recently struck our region.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley score $347,914 towards new sporting facilities
Funding for more accessible sports and recreational facility upgrades for the community.
- Buck stops with Victorian Labor on stalled Murray Basin Rail Project
Minister Jacinta Allan is attempting to rewrite history by handballing blame for the stalled Murray Basin Rail Project to the Federal Government.
- New figures reveal lockdown toll on the youngest Victorians
Government’s refusal to give reports and solution to lockdown and its effects to mental health are affecting the children and young people of Victoria.
- New Energy and Growth Program for the Latrobe Valley
Latrobe Valley Energy and Growth Program (LVEGP) is now open for applications.
- Newhaven not right for regional skate park
Grayden’s Reserve as selected site, with community consultation on the project.
- New VicHealth Funding Available
$2.5 million in new funding to support local organisations to address the immediate health and wellbeing concerns of Victorians hardest hit by the impact coronavirus pandemic.
- New website to showcase East Gippsland
A new website that will improve the East Gippsland visitor experience is now live.
- First Look at Latrobe Regional Hospital Expansion
Labor Government ensuring health services access to community
- 2021 Latrobe Regional Gallery new exhibitions
A fun and wonderful way to spend time with the family while expanding our creativity through art.
- New mental health jobs and support for the Latrobe Valley
Postgraduate nurses for mental health scholarship being appreciated.
- A new youth space for the Latrobe Valley
Place for the local young people to get access on the support they need.
- New Flynn Hall and tennis courts officially open in Latrobe Valley
Opening of upgraded Flynn Community Hall and resurfaced tennis courts.
- New Lights Brighten the Way at Traralgon Reserves
New lighting will make people feel safe.
- New sports facilites for Drouin and Neerim South
Opening of new netball court upgrades, with reliable grounds achieving netball guidelines for better facilities.
- Newhaven next for public art piece
Newhaven as the new home for a sculpture from a renowed artist.
- Newborough sports score new hub
Newly opened sports hub to benefit the community and their well being.
- Putting the Mental Health of Victorians First in Eastern Victoria
Victorian Budget 2020/21 will include $868.6 million to ensure Victorians have the mental health support.
- Traralgon Renewable Energy Project Supported by Latrobe City Council
Renewable energy project at Traralgon Neighbourhood Learning House.
- New Paths lead to Improved Community Access
Construction has started on a new path along Storey Street in Wonthaggi, between Wentworth Road and Korumburra Road.
- New Paths lead to Improved Community Access
Construction has started on a new path along Storey Street in Wonthaggi, between Wentworth Road and Korumburra Road.
- Northe renews calls for lifeline Gippsland funding amid budget shun
Calls for increased funding for Lifeline Gippsland renewed.
- The Disability Gateway is new one-stop shop for support to people in Gippsland with a disabilityThe Disability Gateway is new one-stop shop for support to people in Gippsland with a disability
People with disability can now access support team which includes information, programs and support available.
- Announcement of New Latrobe City Councillors
New-look Latrobe City Council.
- Latrobe Regional Performing Arts July 2021
Series of new events and performance at Latrobe Performing Arts Centre for the month of July.
- New geothermal aquatic centre opens in Gippsland
Opening of a facility to help the community's wellness and economy.
- New Initiative Opens Cultural Doors for Locals
Distance and transport will no longer be a barrier for Latrobe Valley residents wanting to attend cultural events in the regional city.
- A New Home for the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre
PICAL’s current site is set to be the site for the new Phillip Island Community Hospital.
- New Agriculture Minister Will Have a Full Plate Over Summer
Lack of leadership on key challenges affecting farmers and regional communities.
- New Federal funds could open the floodgates to Big Buffalo
Victoria must seize the opportunity to build Big Buffalo and boost water security for irrigators in the northeast after the Federal Budget delivered an unprecedented $2 billion for water infrastructure
- New Business Penalties and Rules raise concern
Strong penalties and rules that now apply for booking arrangements in Regional Victoria.
- New Campaign Celebrates the Elderly
Positive attitudes towards ageing and senior citizens in Latrobe City.
- New Addition to Cowes Footpath Network
$90,000 project will take around four weeks to complete under the Aspirational Pathways Program.
- New look Morwell Rose Festival to Go Ahead
Annual celebration of the stunning blooms of Morwell’s Centenary Rose Garden will push thru.
- Investment in community infrastructure key to Baw Baw Council 2021/22 budget
Council’s meeting agenda on the annual budget, funding, plans and operations.
- Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland Clubs Score Sport Grants
Sport Grants awarded to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland clubs.
- New CFA Station for Winnindoo
Winnindoo Country Fire Authority (CFA) volunteer fire station in the Wellington Shire will be under the $126 million CFA capability funding.
- New footpath from bridge in Bass
Construction and improvements of the bridge in Bass for safer pedestrian connection to other nearby locations.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Children Embrace Reading at Home
Congratulations to schools that participated in the Premiers’ Reading Challenge.
- New footpath for Justice Road
Project improving access and a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery July 2021
Update on the Latrobe Regional Performing Arts series or activities.
- West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley clubs score sport grants
Sports grants awarded to sports clubs, making sports clubs more accessible and inclusive.
- Great new facility sporting for Lucknow community
The new Lucknow Recreation Reserve clubrooms are officially open!
- Latrobe Regional Gallery May 2021
Series of events from Latrobe Regional Gallery this May 2021.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery - What's on in April 2021
Community’s response to Da Vinci and his machines.
- Supporting locals in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to eat well, move more and stay connected
Funding that ensures Victorians health and wellbeing is being supported and well taken care of.
- Grants to Keep West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Creatives Working
West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley artists and creative businesses to receive a lifeline from the Victorian Government.
- Launch of New look 2020 International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
Launch of International Rose Garden Festival Morwell
- Liberal Nationals launch campaign to keep our local hospitals local
Campaign against amalgation of local hospitals and for labor to give Victorians the service they deserve.
- Ready, set, play in new playgrounds for Longwarry and Yarragon
New playgrounds in Longwarry and Yarragon are ready for play these school holidays after receiving their final tick of approval.
- Outstanding leaders inducted to Victorian Aboriginal Honour Roll
Recognising and giving hnour to Aboriginals and their contributions to community.
- $436,839 Awarded to West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley to Boost Safety and Employment
31 projects sharing in more than $5.6 million in funding under the 2020-21 Community Safety Infrastructure Grants
- Latrobe Valley Schools Share in $6.59 Million Maintenance Funds Boost
108 schools across Latrobe Valley to benefit from maintenance works carried out at their school.
- Federal Budget on the money for regional Victorians, farmers
Government to invest in agriculture sector, making regional communities a better place.
- Lighting Gives New Life to Traralgon Parks
New lighting funded.
- Bullock Island upgrade with new facilities for Lakes Entrance Fishermen’s Co-Operative underway
Funding to various projects for Bullock Island that would benefit the benefit the locals and visitors.
- Grants Open to Help West Gippsland and Latrobe Valley Schools Build Inclusion
All inclusive playground and outdoor learning spaces soon.
- Rating changes will squeeze the life from Victorian fruit juice industry
Government failing to stand against health star ratings of fruit juices and its economic contribution.
- Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Sharon Gibson is the new Mayor of Latrobe City
- Have your say on Victoria‘s New Container Deposit Scheme
Victorians can continue to dispose of their bottles with a 10 cent refund for aluminum, glass and plastic drink containers returned for recycling.
- Latrobe City Council acts on community safety
New council committee to be established to enhance community safety.
- Locked down again for Gippslanders and regional Victorians
Regional Victoria getting another lockdown, making it hard to achieve economic recovery.
- Historical Society’s new space officially opened
Promoting the newly opened museum and its facilities, with volunteers hard work in preserving the town’s heritage.
- Latrobe Valley Reserves Score Funding for Lighting Boost
Transformation and improved amenity with $1,046,109 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Getting Gippsland and Eastern Victoria ready for new four bin recycling system
Establishment of four bin recycling system for better waste management of households.
- Regional Victoria must benefit from state budget
2020-21 Victorian State Budget should lay out a plan to restore Victorians’ lives and livelihoods.
- Latrobe funding helps Bass Coast businesses grow
Grants available for small local businesses, applications are now being accepted.
- West Gippsland Arts Centre season launch goes online
Performance packed launching of West Gippsland Arts Centre.
- Latrobe City Releases Draft Investment Roadmap for Comment
Latrobe City Investment Roadmap - ready for public comment.
- Latrobe City Council named an Employer of Choice
Latrobe City Council, recognised as an Employer of Choice in The Australian Business Awards 2020.
- Celebrating Children’s Week in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley with Community Grants
$100,000 fund to local communities across Victoria to host fun and free educational activities and events during this year’s Children’s Week celebrations.
- China Trade Barriers Hurting Victorian Farmers
Labor Government stood still with Belt and Road deal despite punitive import suspensions.
- Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme - Northe
Considerations to reinstate Latrobe Valley Back to Work Scheme.
- Amazing multi-million dollar Gippsland Regional Aquatic Centre opens
Opening of a new recreational centre with wide array of health and fitness activities for people across the region. It greatly improve the well-being of community benefits and help economic growth.
- Latrobe City Council backs community with grants
Community groups will be given with grants to support their activities.
- Latrobe City reminding businesses they can still access help from being affected by COVID-19 pandemic
Programs that could help local business owners in improving their businesses.
- Latrobe City calls for input into storm and review of flood response to learn lessons for next time
Storm and flood clean-up program funded by the government to provide service to property owners affected by storm and flooding without any cost.
- Latrobe City Council to fine residents that do not register their pools or spa
Property owners are required to have their pools and spas registered, including barrier safety compliance.
- Latrobe City Libraries Sensitive Santa Sessions embraced by Community
Quiet, gentle introduction to Santa for children with sensory needs.
- Latrobe City Council supports mental health in bushfire communities
Working with community to help and assist those who experienced bushfire.
- Latrobe City Advocates for Additional COVID-19 Testing Resources
Additional COVID testing resources to assist in reducing the lengthy delays requested.
- Latrobe City Council calls for health improvements for Morwell
City council’s call for action to improve and protect the community’s health.
- Latrobe Literary Festival offers readers and writers a feast
A festival for writers and readers, encouraging a person’s expression, and creativeness.
- Latrobe City Council acts to avoid future housing shortage
Council to fund affordable housing through social and affordable housing.
- Latrobe Performing Arts Center - What's on in April 2021
Series of wonderful and fun-filled event for the whole family.
- Latrobe City Gift Card set to Bolster Local Business
Shop local - your buck stops here.
- Latrobe City’s Australia Day Award Winners Announced
Awards presented in recognition of significant service to the community.
- Latrobe City Council supports hydrogen industry
Council project that would help support in the city’s economy.
- Latrobe City Council supports LGBTIQ+ community
Flying the rainbow flag showing their support for the LGBTQI+ communities, creating a better understanding and awareness.
- Latrobe health ready for vaccine rollout
People at high risk will be prioritised and be provided with safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
- Gippsland to Share in Tafe Upgrade Blitz
TAFE Gippsland to receive more than $4.3 million for modernisation and upgrades of learning spaces and and facilities at Warragul and Morwell schools.
- Latrobe Performing Arts May 2021
Great events that have access pricing that is available to all people who are not able to pay the full price.
- Kinders in the Latrobe Valley Get Tech Savvy with New Gear
$1.1 million in technology grants for kindergartens.
- Dan’s Dodgy Belt and Road Selling out Victorian Producers
No actions yet for China’s punitive 80 per cent tariff on Australian barley and further threats targeting wine and dairy exports.
- Regional Travel Scheme Launched
Regional Travel Voucher Scheme launched with first 40,000 vouchers valued at $200 each available to be redeemed for travel between Saturday, 12 December 2020 and Friday, 22 January 2021.
- Five things that will get us out of snap Victorian lockdowns
Government not being transparent and accountable with their decisions and actions on lockdowns that affect the health and economy of the Victorians
- The Latrobe Valley gets the most youth mental health support
Mental health support for our youth with the use of our technology.
- Regional Victoria robbed in big borrowing, big debt labor budget
Outspent on city-focused State Budget, delivered little for regional Victorians.
- Regional Victoria to Take Third Step
In the Third Step you can form household bubbles.which will allow households across regional Victoria to choose one other household to be in a bubble. You can visit them in their home and they can visit you – with up to a total of five visitors.
- Regional Roadmap Goes in Wrong Direction
Concerns for many local businesses with Regional Roadmap.
- Program to Reconnect the Latrobe Valley with Jobs
Latrobe Valley people to receive help to re-join the workforce in a $47 million Reconnect expansion program.
- Regional Roadmap Going in Wrong Direction
Calls to review the thresholds that apply to the "Last Step" within the reopening roadmap to Regional Victoria.
- Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Victoria comes out of the second wave.
- Dalyston readies for new netball precinct
Dalyston Football Netball Club to benefit from complete overhaul of its existing facilities.
- Gymnastics comes to Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS)
Leading gymnastics operating relocating to GRISS.
- Helping Sport and Active Recreation Organisations in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley Survive and Thrive
Six grants under Community Sport Sector COVID-19 Short-term Survival Package announced.
- How Labor is helping regional communities like Gippsland recover from storms
Funding made available to help communities recover from the storm.
- Long-lasting impacts of lockdown on regional Victorians
Our most recent lockdown may have lasted five days, but the impacts will be long-lasting across our regional communities. Is the local government's lack of pandemic preparation making our state suffer?
- Funding for More Latrobe Valley Community Projects
Upgrades to community meeting spaces in Glengarry and Morwell with nearly $200,000 fund.
- Dan’s Belt and Road Running over the top of Victorian Farmers
Belt and road deal with China to push while import suspensions target Australian producers?
- Bairnsdale hosted East Gippsland's latest citizenship ceremony welcoming over 30 new citizens
Ceremony to welcome 32 people from different countries as the new Australian citizens.
- Gippsland hotels get federal funding to improve energy efficiency
Funding grants to upgrade hotel and accommodation providers to install energy monitoring equipment and improvement works through double glazing insulation.
- More jobs in Latrobe Valley as Govhub opens for business
GovHub to open and create more jobs in the community and support economic growth.
- Helping Baw Baw and Latrobe Prepare for Emergencies
City Council to receive funding to get ready for emergencies
- Ramping up support for local sports infrastructure
Government to help improve the wellbeing outcomes and participation of communities through high-quality recreation infrastructure.
- Farmers asked to share their views as East Gippsland Agriculture Sector Advisory Committee finalised
New appointed committee members and farmers survey completion to better assist the agricultural sector.
- Building Better, Safer Schools in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Vital maintenance and safety works delivery to over 400 schools.
- On the Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Artists need to register their interest by submitting a portfolio of previous works by Sunday, 22 November.
- Multicultural Media Boost to Reach More Victorians
Gippsland FM Community Radio Society Co-operative Ltd will receive $6300.00 to target the station's expanding podcasts menu.
- Supporting Small-Scale School Building Projects in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Important upgrades to Victorian schools.
- Restarting arts festivals in West and South Gippsland with Festivals Australia federal program
Program that supports community participation in, and access to, the arts experience at a festival.
- Warragul’s Western Park Scores Funding for Redevelopment of Netball Facilities
Transformation fund of $1,440,000 from Community Sports Infrastructure Stimulus Program.
- Da Vinci exhibition opens at Latrobe Regional Gallery
An event to witness the works of Leonardo Da Vinci, the world’s greatest mind.
- Putting Gippsland people first
No Victorian left behind with the Victorian Budget 2020/21.
- Statement on Regional Victoria Moving to the Third Step
Towards recovery with the Third Step.
- Gippsland Sports Stadium Now Game-Ready
Gippsland Regional Indoor Sports Stadium (GRISS) now ready for games.
- More Mental Health Support for Students in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Access to the school-based mental health support for secondary students soon.
- Startup Gippsland Funding to Launch Entrepreneurial Tech Program
$250,000 grant to allow Startup Gippsland to provide pre-accelerator programs targeting non-tech founders with tech-focused startups.
- $14 Million in Grants to Support Emergency Volunteers
Grant to fund new equipment and vehicles in support for emergency volunteers.
- East Gippsland Council cheers female-friendly upgrade funding for Bairnsdale ovals
Bairnsdale City Oval and neighbouring Peppercorn Park are set for new and much-needed female-friendly change rooms.
- Rise in farm theft in regional Victoria builds case for dedicated crime squad
Farmers need a more dedicated crime squad that is active and visible to help keep them protected and safe.
- Council welcomes $10m for Latrobe City food manufacturing precinct
Funding for a manufacturing precinct that would create jobs and boost economic development of the region.
- How Labor’s tax hike will slug Gippsland farmers, families and businesses
Victorians pay the highest land taxes in Australia, but still the government is hiking them up even further.
- Farmers, families in regional Victoria paying more, but getting less
Higher taxes being paid by small businesses, but not giving enough of what the community needs.
- Paving the way to better market access for farmers in West Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley
Program funding for road improvements for better access and faster delivery of produce from the valley.
- Impact of closure on Gippsland and regional Victoria
Labor’s failure to minimize the impacts of pandemic is giving devastating effects on small businesses, making it harder to get back on their feet.
- Sharon Gibson speaks on supporting Latrobe City recovery from flood and storm event
Council to visit storm impacted areas, to ensure that the community gets the support needed.
- Chelle Destefano of Wonthaggi gets Federal Regional Arts Fund Project grant strengthen artistic and creative practice
Funding that will provide opportunities for artists and arts workers to cultivate creative community.
- Covid-19 Testing in Latrobe Needs Ramping up
Drive through and mobile testing options within the Latrobe Valley urged.
- Bringing More Clean Energy to Gippsland
The Victorian Government is helping more Gippsland businesses use renewable energy technologies to reduce electricity costs, create local jobs and support clean power
- Supporting Early Stage Latrobe Valley Businesses
Over $1.9 million in funding from the Business and Industry Capability Fund to support early stage businesses in the Latrobe Valley.
- Gippsland ideas to advance Aboriginal employment
Giving more business and employment opportunities for the Aboriginal people.
- Gippsland businesses frustrated over COVID ban
Business owners seeking answers from the government on selected establishment closures.
- South Gippsland Council wants to hear from Mirboo North residents on 'things to do in and around the Boo'
An opportunity for Mirboo North to chat to Council about clubs and sports in their area.
- Labor sleight of hand sends regional trains funds to Melbourne
Labor redirecting train budgets from regional Victoria to metro trains project.
- Draft South Gippsland Economic Development and Visitor Economy Strategies, Amendment C126 and development plan application on public exhibition
Council is inviting you to send your feedback about the South Gippsland planning scheme and development.
- Bush Crew beautifies Latrobe City
Workers found new employment after losing their jobs during the pandemic through beautification of Latrobe City.
- Council advocates for Latrobe City in Canberra
City needs support to overcome the loss of jobs and business impacts of energy station early closure.
- East Gippsland Bushfire Recovery Committee releases its second recovery progress report
Community and agencies, working together towards the recovery of the community and the economy.
- East Gippsland Council to consider budget 2021/22 and ten year fiscal plan
Council meeting that will allow the community to send their feedback and voice out their concern on council plans.
- Helping Gippsland’s Competition Survive and Thrive
Boost given to Gippsland community sport to help local leagues and associations ride out the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Boost for Bass Coast outdoor dining from Sustainability Victoria’s Sustainable Infrastructure Fund
Council project that will install recycled plastic furniture for outdoor dining across the region.
- Hazelwood South reserve scores $1 million towards new facilities
Upgrades that will give sports and recreation centres a big win.
- East Gippsland Shire Council adopts Annual Budget 2021-22
Community engagement process, including five community sessions, to help develop the document.
- Funding For a Woman Building Surveyor in Latrobe City Council
Local Government to recruit and train surveyors through Women Building Surveyors Program.
- Still no fix for ancient train signalling in regional Victoria despite lives threatened by near-miss
Signalling system that almost caused a collision is definitely an issue that needs to be fixed to keep passengers safe from and to their destinations
- Truth Masked by Minister on Mandatory Face Coverings for Regional Vic
Regional Victorians need to continue to wear masks.
- Low Cases Grounds for Early Mark for Regional Vic
Implement New South Wales restrictions in country areas.
- Supporting Gippsland and Dandenong ranges families in financial stress
Government support that is more accessible to families having financial stress.
- Training Gippsland Students to Get the Jobs They Want
Training students on variety of sectors for a good career.
- Growing Gippsland’s Future Health Workforce
$200,000 for a feasibility study for a Community Health Hub and Clinic at the Gippsland campus in Churchill.
- Further support for Gippsland job seekers with the extension of employment facilitator services
Funding to support and employ local job-seekers and facilitators.
- Pandemic-driven property price rises putting the squeeze on Gippsland and other regional home buyers
Property and rental price hike in regional Victoria, while availability in other areas are dropping.
- Northe – Gippsland business grants
Grants are available to help Gippsland businesses in the region that have been doing it extremely tough, with a number unable to open their doors or only offer limited service. Russell Northe said he cautiously welcomes this announcement.
- Warragul leisure centre scores $6 million towards new courts
Funding and improvements to be done in the leisure centre upgrade.
- Innovation centre boosts the Latrobe Valley economy
Innovation centre that helps in boosting the creation of jobs and the region’s economy, supporting the development that is beneficial to the valley.
- Boosting Red Meat Industry, Smart Farms Small Grants, and Have your Say on New Fisheries Framework
Free weekly update on research to benefit farmers.
- Run for South Gippsland Shire Council - Find out how to do it
What you need to know and consider before you become an electoral candidate.
- Aquatic centre access a win for Latrobe Leisure members
Leisure members to have complementary access on GRAC according to membership classification.
- Feedback wanted from Gippsland dairy farmers on Dairy Code of Conduct
Local MP Darren Chester is encouraging Gippsland dairy farmers to have their say on the Dairy Code of Conduct.
- Building & Improving Kindergartens in the Latrobe Valley for the Future
Victoria rolls out funded universal Three-Year-Old Kindergarten.
- Northe calls for greater support for regional small businesses
Russell Northe has called upon the State Government and its Departments to give regional small businesses greater support by using their services where possible.
- Why 2020 is the Year that has tested all it means to be a Victorian
The year 2020.
- Funding to support that landcare facilitator roles in Gippsland and Eastern Victoria
Funding to support facilitator jobs that would help improve landcare and biodiversity.
- Ride Nation Launches in Gippsland with First Bike Library
Gippsland's first bike library.
- Statement on COVID Restrictions for Regional Victoria
Regional Victoria re-entering Stage 3 COVID restrictions this week.
- Country people are at our wits end as changed restrictions for regional Victoria such as Gippsland
Labor should keep the community safe while recovering from the impacts of pandemic.
- Storm-affected farmers let down by long overdue response from Agriculture Minister Mary-Anne Thomas
Victorians to government’s failure to support the regional community that were badly hit by the storm.
- Grants given to two Gippsland sport teams to go next level
Athletes to apply for grants to support and encourage them in sport and active recreation.
- Supporting Our Music Industry in the Latrobe Valley
Survival grants for local live music venues and new grants to protect music jobs on stage.
- Honouring veterans in the Latrobe valley
Program of restoration and redevelopment of the memorials and avenues to commemorate the veterans.
- Shocktober Campaign aims to help Save Lives in Regional Victoria
Ambulance Victoria are encouraging communities to learn CPR and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), everyday 18 Victorians suffer a cardiac arrest, this can happen to anyone anywhere at any time.
- Separate Roadmap Needed for Regional Victoria
Letter to the editor on a separate roadmap needed for regional Victoria.
- Regions Still in Lockdown Despite No New Cases
Why do communities and businesses in country Victoria can’t move to the Last Step?
- Life Saving Victoria members in Gippsland honoured during National Volunteer Week
Award given to the volunteers who showed great efforts for lifesaving.
- Funding to boost manufacturing, create jobs and build future for the Latrobe Valley
Providing budget for food precinct to boost job opportunities, and manage demands, stimulating economic growth.