• Add My News • Search Old News
Harriet Shing MP:
Victorian Hospitals Receive New Equipment and Infrastructure
Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group to share in $60 million from the latest funding round of the Medical Equipment Replacement Program and the Engineering Infrastructure Replacement Program.
By Portal Admin - 19th March 2020 - Back to News
More of the Latrobe Valley’s patients will get the high quality and safe care they deserve with the Andrews Labor Government giving hospitals the latest life-saving medical equipment and upgrading vital infrastructure so they can continue doing what they do best – saving lives.
Member for Eastern Victoria, Harriet Shing MP today announced the Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group were two of 26 health services around the state to share in $60 million from the latest funding round of the Medical Equipment Replacement Program and the Engineering Infrastructure Replacement Program.
Cutting-edge equipment funded as part of the programs includes CT units, digital X-ray units, ultrasounds, operating room microscopes and heart imaging equipment such as transesophageal echocardiogram units.
Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group will receive more than $2.5 million between them for water reticulation, medical equipment, infrastructure and safety upgrades.
It’s part of the Labor Government’s $7 billion pipeline of health infrastructure projects - the largest health building program in the state’s history.
A record $2.5 billion investment in our health system will help meet the needs of our growing state, meaning that more patients will receive care, treatment and surgeries sooner.
Quotes attributable to Member for Eastern Victoria Harriet Shing MP
"The Latrobe Valley’s patients deserve the very best and safest care possible. That means giving our dedicated doctors and nurses the highest quality tools and facilities, so they can do their job keeping us healthy and saving lives."
"New state-of-the-art medical equipment and better hospital infrastructure will ensure more Victorians can get the world-class care they need, when they need it most, closer to home."
"This funding boost for Latrobe Regional Hospital and West Gippsland Healthcare Group will help maintain a high standard of care and provide a safe environment for their patients."
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Latrobe Regional Hospital Steps Up for Patients
Latrobe Regional Hospital has continued to perform strongly in treating and caring for patients - providing operations to 100 per cent of the Category 1 urgent elective surgery patients.
- Latrobe to Receive Additional Police
More police resources will be dedicated to regional areas of Victoria including in Latrobe.
- New Home for Gippsland Ranges Roller Derby
Gippsland Ranges Roller Derby settling into new home at the Traralgon Recreation Reserve and Showgrounds.
- Busy Warragul Hospital Steps Up for Patients
The Labor Government delivered a $2.5 billion boost to hospitals’ operating budgets and is getting on with delivering a huge $7 billion pipeline of hospital projects to back hospitals to do what they do best.
- New Courts for Waterline Towns
A new tennis court with an acrylic playing surface and new perimeter fencing and lighting at Corinella’s Harold Hughes Reserve.
- New Local Activities to Better Support Carers
$1 million package of grants for carers in Gippsland.
- New Local Activities to Better Support Carers
$1 million package of grants to improve the health and wellbeing of carers.
- New Lights for Bass Recreation Reserve
Lighting upgrades around the oval at the Bass Recreation Reserve underway.
- New Kinder Hub Opens in Morwell
Minister for Education James Merlino today opened the $6.5 million integrated children’s centre.
- Designs Unveiled for Latrobe Regional Hospital Revamp
Artist impressions released for the massive expansion of Latrobe Regional Hospital.
- Condolences – Victorian Bushfires
Today the State Parliament sent it’s condolences to those impacted by recent bushfire events following the endorsement of the following motion as moved by the Premier Daniel Andrews.
- Kicking Goals at New Morwell Recreation Reserve Oval
The $3.5 million synthetic oval, funded by Latrobe Valley Sports and Community Initiative administered by the Latrobe Valley Authority, now opens.
- Latrobe Valley Yacht Club
Latrobe Valley Yacht Club (LVYC) entering into dialogue with the Lake Wellington Yacht Club is bittersweet news for many in the Latrobe Valley community.
- Solar Batteries to Power More Victorian Postcodes
Store cleaner, cheaper rooftop energy with extra 143 postcodes to Solar Homes battery rebate scheme.
- Latrobe Creative Precinct Update
State-of-the-art performing arts centre, Latrobe Creative Precinct update.
- Innovative Warragul Space to Receive an Upgrade
$39,800 grant from the new Regional Coworking Spaces and Creative Places program awarded to The MAST in Warragul to support a dynamic new project to benefit local creatives and the broader community.
- Latrobe City Celebrates Australia Day Award Winners
Australia Day celebrated by honoring community members.
- School Breakfast Clubs Expansion to Help Eastern Victorian Students Thrive
Healthy breakfasts, lunches and school holiday supplies to students living in Eastern Victoria.
- Construction to Begin on New Morwell CFA Station
Morwell community better protected with construction of a $11.6 million fire station.
- Making It Easier To Connect - New Website Launched
Latrobe's outdated website platform replaced.
- Safety First as Students Start New School Year
Drivers urged to take extra care around schools as Victorian students return to classrooms this week.
- Additional Support for Latrobe Valley Businesses
Latrobe Valley Business and Industry Capability Fund will provide up to $1 million to support early-stage businesses in the region.
- $19,184 Awarded to Latrobe to Keep Communities Safe
Addressing local crime and safety issues with the Community Safety Fund.
- Smart Specialisation | Regional Produce Trust Token Progress & more
Welcome to the weekly catch up! Updates on smart specialisation, regional produce trust token progress and more!
- A Look Inside The Latrobe Creative Precinct
Architect’s artist impression of the state-of-theart performing arts centre at the launch of the Latrobe Performing Arts 2020 Season.
- West Bairnsdale Sewer Main Upgrade Works
$700,000 project to boost the reliability and efficiency of sewer services for nearby East Gippsland Water customers.
- Backing Community Groups across the Latrobe Valley
13 grant recipients will share in the funding from the Labor Government's Latrobe Valley Authority's Community and Facility Fund.
- Small Business Bus Brings Advice on Wheels to Latrobe Valley and West Gippsland
Access support and government business services as Small Business Bus visits.
- Gippsland Trains Perfect Record of Failure
Perfect failure with VLine trains' punctuality.
- More Police for Baw Baw, Bass Coast and Latrobe to Support Safer Communities
Additional 80 officers allocated to the police division that serves the local community to boost police resources.
- Startup Gippsland - Official Announcement
Startup Gippsland officially opens!
- Plant Based Protein trends | Gippsland Online Marketplace Workshop & more
Weekly updates on plant based protein trends, Gippsland online marketplace workshop and more!
- Kerbside Collection in Latrobe City
E-waste in kerbside side collection has risen and so does concerns for a potential incident.