• Add My News • Search Old News
Peter Walsh MP:
Farmers’ Market Support Program to return: only under Liberal Nationals
An elected Liberal Nationals Government plans to bring back the Farmers’ Market Support
Program axed by Labor.
By Portal Admin - 22nd October 2018 - Back to News
Only an elected Liberal Nationals Government will bring back the Farmers’ Market Support Program, quietly axed by Labor.
Shadow Minister for Agriculture Peter Walsh announced the $2 million fund in March, also making a commitment to work with small food producers to cut red tape.
But instead of matching the commitment, Labor’s Agriculture Minister Jaala Pulford is trying to pull the wool over farmers’ eyes.
Today, Ms Pulford claimed "in the past four years, the Labor Government has supported regional communities establish and grow farmers’ markets through the Farmers’ Markets Support Program".
But funding for the Farmers’ Market Support Program ran out in 2015.
The former Liberal Nationals government funded the Farmers’ Markets Support Program for four years in the 2011-12 State Budget, but Labor failed to renew the funding.
Only an elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore this $2 million fund, work with small food producers to cut red tape and invest $40 million to promote Victorian agricultural produce in growing export markets.
Comment attributable to Shadow Minister for Agriculture Peter Walsh
City-centric Labor’s desperate to re-write the past four years of neglecting Regional Victoria in a desperate attempt to win votes.
Our farmers’ markets are famous for high-quality, fresh, delicious produce, playing an important role in supporting regional and urban communities around Victoria.
Farmers’ markets give our producers the opportunity to sell direct to their customers and also encourage people to buy locally grown and produced food which in turn supports Victorian jobs and businesses.
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will support our small food producers and farmers’ markets, restoring the successful grants program after it was quietly axed by Daniel Andrews.
Published by: email@example.com
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
- Farmers Ignored in Labor’s Sham Rates Review
Sham review won’t address unfair rates.
- Farmers Don’t Rate A Mention In Labor’s Review
Rise in farm rates overlooked.
- Farmers Bitterly Disappointed by Drought Package
Disappointing Drought Package
- No Rates Relief for Farmers, but Doctors and Lawyers Get Drought Aid under Daniel Andrews
Relief for doctors and lawyers, none for farmers.
- Plight of Gippsland Farmers Still Being Ignored
No help yet for Gippsland farmers.
- Liberal Nationals to Make Rates Fair for Farmers
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will take actions to make rates fair for farmers.
- No Action from Labor Leaves Victorian Farmers at A Disadvantage
As transport subsidies for drought-affected farmers in New South Wales starts, access to fodder supplies could get tighter for Victorian farmers.
- The Nationals supporting headspace to better support young Gippslanders
Nationals aim to provide young Gippslanders access to the mental health services they need – regardless of where they live.
- Liberal Nationals will back the Yallourn Yallourn North Football Netball Club
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to ensure a $470,000 upgrade facilities at George Bates Reserve.
- Liberal Nationals to Invest in Regional Victoria’s Future Leaders
More support and a funding boost promise if a Liberal Nationals Government is elected at November’s State Election.
- Liberal Nationals Back Scouts and Guides
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to support the rich tradition of Scouts and Guides.
- Liberal Nationals Improving Food Security for Vulnerable People in Morwell
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to address the growing issue of food insecurity in the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland.
- Liberal Nationals to Boost Language and Literacy for Vulnerable Kids
Elected Liberal Nationals Government will target early language and literacy programs.
- Liberal Nationals’ plan to drive growth in Victorian agriculture
Liberal Nationals Government will grow Victoria’s agriculture and food industries if elected this
- Liberal Nationals to Get Gippsland Students Back On Track
An elected Liberal Nationals Government will restore the Gippsland Tertiary Education Council.
- Liberal Nationals Will Finish Duplication of Princes Hwy
Elected Liberal Nationals government to finish the duplication of the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale.
- Liberal Nationals backing Churchill Football Netball Club
$1 million state-of-the-art upgrade for Churchill Football Netball Club.
- Liberal Nationals will build Latrobe Special Developmental School
A dedicated, purporse-buldt Latrobe Special Development School courtesy of an elected Nationals Government.
- Liberal Nationals Establish Inquiry to Fix Farm Trespass Laws
Pressure to establish an inquiry into farm trespass laws.
- Labor Must Finally Provide Drought-Stricken Farmers with Rates Relief
Clamor for rates relief.
- Federal Liberal Nationals delivering for Regional Victoria
Investments for safer country roads, reliable regional rail and better rural health for Regional Victorians.
- Northe Calls for Support to Address Terrible Statistics in Local Men’s Health
Calls for additional support to tackle Prostate Cancer
- Government Support Runs Dry in Latrobe
Drought continues with little support.
- Labor Won’t Make Rates Fair for Farmers
If elected a Liberal Nationals Government wil make rates fair for farmers, prioritising an
independent review into farm rates in Victoria.
- Northe Racing to Support Latrobe Valley Racing Club
Russell Northe today threw his support behind the dedicated group of volunteers at Latrobe Valley Racing Club, for Traralgon Racecourse.
- Latrobe L2P Program: Driver mentor Program to Continue till 2023
Continued assistance to young people with challenges in completing their 120 hours of on-road driving experience.
- Still a Flood of Support for Pondage
Overflow of support to reopen Hazelwood Pondage.
- The Nationals Commit To Billion Dollar Road Fix Blitz
Nationals to fix country roads with a $1 billion Road Fix Blitz.
- The Nationals Announce Upper House Teams For Northern Victoria and Eastern Victoria
Two new candidates join existing Upper House members.
- The Nationals Building a Brighter Future for Young Victorians in Latrobe Valley
Push for improvement of school literacy and numeracy standards in the early years.
- Expanding Mental Health Support to Gippsland Students
Access to a mental health professional for secondary schools soon.
- Bath Moves Motion on Trespass Laws to Protect Farmers
In defense of the rights of Victorian farmers against unlawful animal rights activists.
- Daniel Andrews Cuts Support to Our Veterans
From $10.5 million to $7.7 million for Veterans.
- Mental Health Boost to Support Gippsland Recovery
New funding for fire-affected communities in Gippsland.
- Northe implores Minister to support Latrobe Quarry Industry
Russell Northe asking for action on local quarry licensing applications.
- Providing More Parenting Support in Gippsland
Free parenting support in Gippsland.
- Freemasons Victoria Helping Gippsland Farmers
Freemasons Victoria to contribute $50,000 to Gippsland Farmers Relief.
- Country Victoria set for $30 million connectivity boost under the Liberal Nationals
Elected Liberal Nationals Government to invest $30 million to boost mobile connectivity across rural and regional Victoria.
- Bath Calls for Immediate Rate Relief for Gippsland Farmers
Rate relief package needed for farmers in Gippsland.
- Country Race Clubs Will Be Winners under Liberal Nationals
Grassroots country racing clubs gets share of industry funding.
- Northe calls for ‘Latrobe Sports and Recreation Fund’ to support grassroots sport in Latrobe Valley
Call for Latrobe Valley’s investment in sporting grounds, clubs and facilities.
- Startup Gippsland Accelerator Program Leads Australia
Startup Gippsland program recognised as an outstanding success.
- Aged and Disability Services Continue to Support our Community
Continued aged support through transition.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- Stronger Laws the Priority to Protect Victorian Farmers
Delay in fixing farm trespass laws while farm businesses targeted by extreme activists.
- Churchill’s Only Aged Care Facility to Close
Growing concerns on closure of Churchill's Aged Care Facility.
- Statement from the Nationals’ Leadership Team
Peter Walsh and Steph Ryan elected in the Victorian Parliamentary Party.
- Northe Raises Need for Industry Support and Jobs
Spotlight on LV unemployment.
- Drought Relief Necessary in Latrobe – Northe
Appeal for support for farmers in drought conditions.
- Activists Targeting Farms shouldn’t get ‘Charity’ Tax Benefits
The Liberal Nationals support the Federal Coalition Government’s bid to review Aussie Farms’ charity status and the Andrews Government should also get behind it.
- Funding Extension for Council’s Rural Access Program
Support for disability with Building Inclusive Communities ‘Rural Access’ Program.
- Bad Old Days' already here under Daniel Andrews
Regional Victoria has already been left behind.