Latrobe Local News:
New life injected into old business
Long time Morwell business, Latrobe Valley Diesel, has re-opened after a brief period of closure
By Latrobe City Council - 11th July 2001 - Back to News
Tell us your opinion See what others have said
Long time Morwell business, Latrobe Valley Diesel, has re-opened after a brief period of closure following the untimely death of former owner, Mr Bruce Mason.
With an established client base stretching across Gippsland, the business under Mr Mason’s management, became well known for its high level of expertise and quality service.
The business closed in October last year and has now been re-opened by Robert Comer who brings a wealth of experience in all aspects of diesel mechanics to Gippsland.
Mr Comer is a director of two diesel fuel injection businesses in northern Victoria; Axedale Diesel Pty Ltd and Rich River Fuel Injection and Turbo Service in Echuca. He is currently President of the Victorian – Tasmania
branch of the Association of Australasian Diesel Specialists Inc, a position he has held for four years but will relinquish soon to concentrate on his new business ventures.
According to Mr Comer, re-opening this 25-year-old business venture has been a personal goal for many months that has finally been fulfilled.
"I used to work in Bairnsdale and had a great admiration for Bruce and the manner in which he was respected throughout the industry," Mr Comer said.
In congratulating and welcoming Mr Comer, Latrobe City Mayor, Cr Brendan Jenkins, said that it was very encouraging for businesses to be re-opened and given a new lease of life, especially by people with high levels of expertise with extensive industry networks.
"In Roberts’s case, with two other businesses in Victoria, Latrobe Valley Diesel Services will now be an integral part of a larger business, able to service the needs of operators should they be travelling beyond Gippsland," Cr Jenkins said.
Latrobe Valley Diesel Services specialises in repairs, sales and servicing to all types of fuel injecting systems including Bosch, C.A.V, Denso Caterpillar, Cummins Fuel Systems and most turbo charging systems for trucks, tractors, buses and four wheel-drives.
Published by: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the author of this story you can edit it by clicking here
There are no responses to this topic yet.
Start the discussion now
Note: To start the discussion you will have to login with your member account.Related Articles
- New Carpet Can’t Paper over Cracks in V/Line’s Old Rolling Stock
New seat fabrics and carpet as improvement for V/line.
- New Cricket Hub to turn Ted Summerton into Gippsland’s Own ‘MCG’
Gippsland Regional Cricket Centre at Ted Summerton Reserve in Moe with $3.5 million funding.
- New Campaign Shows Gippsland is Open for Business
New tourism campaign to encourage visitors to choose Gippsland for their next trip.
- New Partnership for Latrobe Valley Skills
New partnership to prepare Latrobe Valley workers for upcoming jobs in the electric vehicle industry.
- New Era Kicks Off for Latrobe Valley Soccer
Newly installed FIFA accredited synthetic pitch at Gippsland Regional Centre.
- New CEO appointed - Grants for Start-Ups - Workforce Planning
News updates, events, opportunities and activities in the Food & Fibre sector across Gippsland.
- New Stem Facilities for Students in West Gippsland
New facilities for students studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics in West Gippsland.
- New Lanes Completed On Two Sections of Princes Highway East between Traralgon and Sale
Better journeys up ahead along newly duplicated and safer sections of the Princes Highway through Gippsland.
- New Look for Dalyston Recreation Reserve
New football change rooms for players and umpires are complete at the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
- New Home for Gards Volunteers and Members
New home of GARDS in Moe, officially opened.
- New Heavy Pumper for Traralgon Firefighters
A new heavy pumper for Traralgon Fire Brigade's 130th birthday.
- New Wy Yung Water Storage
Preparations for a new 36 million litre water storage tank in Wy Yung.
- A New Look for Bass Coast Children’s Centre
A bright new learning space for Bass Coast Children’s Centre.
- New Justice Service Centre for Warragul
Access to a range of justice services with the opening of a new Justice Service Centre.
- New Funding Available For Sports Clubs in Eastern Victoria Region
Grants of up to $3,000 or $10,000 to community sporting clubs.
- New Collaborations for Gippsland’s Food and Fibre Sector
Gippsland’s food and fibre industry is set to continue its growth and market presence.
- New Gippsland Regional Sports Complex is Ready to Roll
Revamped Gippsland Regional Sports Complex in Sale opens today!
- New Indoor Baseball Training Facility for Local Clubs
All-weather baseball training facility now open!
- New Funding to Strengthen Disability Rights
Funding boost to strengthen disability rights.
- New Parks for Waterline Skaters
Construction of permanent Skate Parks, now underway.
- Gippsland will Rocket into the New Year with the Launch of Startup Gippsland
Launch of the Startup Gippsland program announced.
- Three new Labor taxes celebrate their third birthday
Labor taxes' anniversary.
- Appoint of New Chief Executive Officer for Latrobe City
Latrobe City Councillors were unanimous in their decision to appoint Steven Piasente as new Chief Executive Officer after an extensive recruitment process.
- Building a New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access a new one-stop-shop kinder, school and family services soon!
- Business Award Finalists Announced
2019 Business Awards Finalists announced.
- Business Funding Boost
Government commits $50,000 to Latrobe City Council local business events program.
- Harold Hughes Reserve’s New look
New playground and skate park for everyone at Corinella’s Harold Hughes Reserve.
- Location Announced For New Morwell Fire Station
A new fire station in Morwell to boost to emergency services in the Latrobe Valley.
- First Businesses Sign on to Grow Gippsland Economy
GROW Compact committed their business to increasing local spend in Gippsland.
- Small Business Experts Head for Churchill
Small Business Workshop comes to town.
- Small Business Experts Head for Drouin
Small Business Workshop comes to town.
- Small Business Experts Head for Moe
Access to relevant, reliable and affordable information on growing the business at workshops to be held in October for small businesses in the Moe are.
- Funding Boost for Newborough’s Athletes
10 new multi-sport courts and a pavilion to be constructed.
- Moe Nets Funding For New Cricket Centre of Excellence
A $500,000 funding for a state-of-the-art cricket centre of excellence.
- Labor’s False Claims Equal No New Trains for Country Victoria
No new trains for Victoria.
- Building Begins On New Kinder Hub in Morwell
Access to more kindergarten places in Morwell.
- Latrobe City Council Elects New Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Councillor Graeme Middlemiss elected to the position of Mayor at Latrobe City Council special meeting.
- Gippsland Soccer Scores New Synthetic Field of Dreams
FIFA-accredited synthetic pitch for Gippsland Soccer.
- Regional Skate Park and New Playspace for San Remo
Bass Coast Shire Council and the State Government commits to region’s best skate park and a new play space for San Remo.
- Boosting Business in Warragul
Warragul growth through 3rd round of the Boost Your Business Voucher Program.
- Morwell Locals Helping Power New Trains
The Morwell facility is creating new employment opportunities for locals.
- San Remo Skaters Score New Skate Park
$650,000 new skate park for San Remo
- Latrobe City Council Joins Small Business Support Scheme
Latrobe City joins Small Business Friendly Council initiative.
- On The Lookout for a New Kind of Art
Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced artists for a contemporary public artwork to be installed in the Bass Valley and Hinterland region.
- Bad Old Days' already here under Daniel Andrews
Regional Victoria has already been left behind.
- Royal Commission into Victoria's Mental Health System
Please find enclosed copy of Member for Morwell Russell Northe’s submission into the Royal Commission for Victoria’s Mental Health System for your consideration.
- Two Gippsland Clubs to Receive a Life Saving Debrillator
Latrobe Valley 4WD Club and Tetoora Road Community Centre received defibrillator for medical emergencies.
- Delve Into Art This May
Gippsland celebrates ‘Come and Play All of May
- Bass Coast Welcomes New Citizens
Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony
- Baw Baw Shire Council Joins Small Business Support Scheme
Baw Baw Shire joins Small Business Friendly Council initiative.
- Victorians Hooked on Fishing with New Custom Plates
Fishing-themed custom plate for fishing lovers.
- Steve McKenzie takes the reins as East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director
East Gippsland Water's new Managing Director.
- Historic Shed in New Home
Coels Shed relocated to the Phillip Island Community and Learning Centre (PICAL) community garden.
- Royal Commission into Mental Health
Regional Victorians must have a fair opportunity to give evidence and have their say.
- Record Bass Stockings into Blue Rock
Bass stocked into Gippsland to improve inland recreational fishing opportunities.
- 70 Million Reasons to Get Behind Gippsland Business Connect
1100 users registered and more than 60 local procurement opportunities worth $70 million posted to a new business platform.
- Premier, the Bad Old Days are Here
Country folks left behind during bad old days.
- Still Time to Apply For an Environmental Grant
There is still time to submit an application for Round 2 of the East Gippsland Water-funded Native Vegetation and Habitat Creation Grants program.
- Applications Invited for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards
Applications are now open for 2019 Bass Coast Business Awards.
- Statement on Royal Commission into Mental Health
Statement on Royal Commission into Mental Health
- Morwell CBD Revitalisation
Creation of a reinvigorated town centre and establishing Morwell as a vibrant, dynamic and welcoming centre in the area of Morwell.
- Morwell Rose Garden Theft
Theft of Roses at Morwell Rose Garden.
- Bass Coast Shire Council Appoints New CEO
Bass Coast Shire Council appointed Ali Wastie to serve as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- Morwell Rose Garden Festival Funding
A $100,000 Federal Government funding to expand the Morwell Rose Garden Festival.
- Still Time to Have Say on Off-Leash Areas
Calling for community support for off-leash areas.
- Morwell Makes Room for ‘Her Place’
Celebrating the lives of Victorian women with an exhibition in Morwell.
- Project Kicks Back Into Action
Construction at the Cowes Recreation Reserve continues amidst challenges.
- Snake Sculpture Slithers into Inverloch
5,110 tiles makes a snake sculpture!
- Training More Drivers Doesn’t Fix Old, Unreliable Trains
Training more VLine drivers does not replace old trains.
- Latrobe Valley Information Network (LVIN)
World’s largest real-time environmental monitoring network goes online in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria on the 1st May.
- Latrobe Valley Authority Benefiting Community
Morwell Historical Society receives a $12,539 grant.
- Latrobe Valley’s Nurses, Doctors and Paramedics Rise to the Challenge
Busy flu season for Latrobe Valley health care providers.
- Latrobe Valley to Get Residential Rehabilitation Centre under Liberal Nationals
Access for drug or alcohol addiction rehabilitations for people in the Latrobe Valley under an elected Liberal Nationals Government.
- The Latrobe Valley Misses Out Under Labor, Again
Faster rail for Ballarat and Geelong, Latrobe Valley is left out.
- Upgrades to Morwell Kindergartens’ Play-Based Learning Spaces
First-rate kindergarten with upgrades to Morwell kindergartens.
- Latrobe Valley Power Stations
Possible early closure of Latrobe Valley Power Stations
- Latrobe Valley Students Pay Unfair Fares
Calls to abolish the unfair ticketing system.
- 2019 OPTUS Victorian Country Long Course Swimming Championships
Happening on 25th January to 27th January.
- Connecting Morwell with High-Speed Broadband
Access to high-speed broadband for Morwell.
- Helping Victorians Start Their Own Business
Back up for Victorians who want to start their own business.
- Bond Backs Latrobe Special Education
Bond asked Latrobe Valley community support campaign for a new stand-alone campus for Latrobe Special Developmental School.
- Footpath and Bus Shelter on the Go
New footpath and bus shelter along Bayview Avenue in Inverloch this January.
- Delivering Jobs for The Latrobe Valley
Businesses encouraged to register their interest.
- Supporting Contract Workers with Long Service Benefits
Commencement of the Portable Long Service Benefits Scheme.
- Architects Appointed for Tafe Gippsland Redevelopment
Newly appointed architect to design the major redevelopment of its Morwell campus and the new Port of Sale campus.
- Free Text Books for Secondary School Students
Promise of new free textbooks for secondary schoold students if the Nationals get elected.